Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
    um, I meant if you post from MY BP acount with using the link behind the smilie instead of using your own BP to post it

- sorry - I'm terrible with explaining stuff like that
    No I did not use YOUR PB account I USED MY PB account, I don't know your account so, how could I post from your account? I don't know your account number.
    LS

Comment

I never said you used mine - sorry for being unclear

sigpic

Comment

Copying from hers would mean you go to the properties of that lil image that's posted on here, you take out the link, and then let's say you need it for a thread, you post that link in there.

Shan is just asking you to do what you did, make sure that when someone loads the page, and therefore that lil image, the link comes from your account and not from hers.

Does that even matter with PB? In general it's kinda silly that hundreds of people all over the world load the same pics on their accounts, when all you need it to have it in there once...

I think there's the option of having 'group albums' now?

Rhys looks sooo cute in that first image!

At the third pic:

About time they did that! These Wraith should learn manners! It's impolite to just show your handgina for everyone to see!

No shame whatsoever.

And don't pretend you didn't know something bad was going to happen. It will continue to go on like that, unless it's got to do with Todd. The Wraith who listen to his advice will live, the others will probably die. A select few who wish to reform will outlive the ones who will keep on feeding on humans.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
          thanks to you, das, I'm now picturing steve with fleas... all that hair, poor guy.

I'm not sure wraith have fleas, so on. we haven't really seen host animals besides humans/wraith and no insects aside from the iratus bug and the energy bugs. insects such as ticks and fleas might not even live in the PG.
          I believe those creepy creatures live everywhere

das I like the sig.

So we have a new Wraith? Rhys is such a beautiful name.

btw is it just me or do Michael's eyes look like Data's from Star Trek?

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky
            Das, I love your new siggy and you alway find the right words. I just can't find any good lyrics from my CD collection maybe ,from Evenescence. I made a new siggy too, but I think I will make a Rhys one too. How could someone chop off his hand? I know it's TV but, that going to far.
            Well, it seems I can't go wrong with Korn songs, or vampire movie soundtracks.

Originally posted by LiquidSky
            I have a bad feeling that there is going to be a lot of bad things happing to the Wraith in season 5, because there are Wraith supporters who watch SGA. TPTB will try to rid the Wraith one at a time.
            My 'bad feeling' is that TPTB don't like fans feeling as sympathetic towards the Wraith as we have become, so they are purposely trying to make them 'evil', after establishing that they are not: Rodney (from The Hot Zone): "They're killing us, not because they sadistically want us dead, but because they need to consume us for food."

There. Rodney said it - the Wraith do not kill because they're sadistic, or evil. They kill because they need food. But it seems that they are attempting - in S5 - to make them evil, and I think this is in response to the positive effect Michael (and his biological 'rape'), and Todd have had on viewers. Some, like us, have taken the side of the Wraith, and that's probably the last thing they want if they are to keep the Wraith in position of villain.

There are probably three classes of viewers - those who hate the Wraith and want them dead, those who are somewhat sympathetic towards the Wraith, but still see them as pure villains, and some, like me - who see them as an adversary, yes...but ever more so the victim.

I think it's that last bunch they don't want. Middle group is what they are aiming for - for fans to see them as a somewhat sympathetic villain. But I just don't see them like that anymore - unless something major changes. But I might just see any big change as manipulation of my perception of the Wraith - a perception that comes from the first 4 seasons, and I'm afeared will be 'retconned' in the fifth.

Originally posted by GoSpikey
            And don't pretend you didn't know something bad was going to happen. It will continue to go on like that, unless it's got to do with Todd. The Wraith who listen to his advice will live, the others will probably die. A select few who wish to reform will outlive the ones who will keep on feeding on humans.
            I can accept some Wraith within the species being wholly bad (which would mean going against their OWN morality - not just ours). But I am afraid they will try to force all the Wraith into the 'evil' mold, no possibility for some to rise above. The way I see it, some Wraith (not the majority) should be in the good-to-gray zone (not 'goody-goody' - that would be terrible, and too much like Worf. But 'good' in that - as far as they are able based on their nature - they at least TRY to do the right thing by human standards, while - of course - still looking out primarily for themselves).

But I think they're just going to continue to try to make the Wraith more and more evil, just so we won't care so much when they're killed.

Originally posted by Fainne
            das I like the sig.

Thanks. I think that's such a lovely pic of Rhys - I'm just trying to figure out if that's one of the behind-the-scenes guys (BamBam, Dan Payne, etc), or a new actor. Guess I'll have to wait for the episode to air to find out...

das
            sigpic

Comment

@ Naamiaiset - Thanks for the info, and the pics - poor Rhys!
              @ GoSpikey also thanks for the updates you post.

@ Das and Liquid Sky - Love the Rhys sigs.

Have done a wallie with my queen poem. I only just learned how to get some more brushes for the programme, so went a bit overboard.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                I know we thought that might be Dan, but I'm not sure now - almost looks like BamBam....

das
                BamBam posts here right?

WK
                "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                  I just at JM blog and I came across this picture of Todd/Chris Heyerdahl. It almost looks like Todd got a shiny new coat. It's nice to see new Todd pics even when the wardrobe dept. is fixing his coat. I look to see if this pic has been posted but I don't see it. It looks like Todd's hair is longer. If that's the case then the Wraith can grow their hair.

LS

Spoiler:
                  Now doesn't it look like Todd has the star tattoo on his left eye now? I always thought it was on his right one.

WK
                  "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Teyla and SOW Queen link

If you want to...

And of course it's on his left eye...

But when you see him standing in front of you, like a camera shows you, it's to your right...

It's always been like this, except those few flipped images in Miller's Crossing.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Okay - only you guys and gals will appreciate this...My Dream Date (and it's a 20-yr old pic of me, I so do not look like this now...)

Spoiler:

(and yes, I AM pinchin' his bum!)

das
                      Last edited by dasNdanger; 09 June 2008, 09:07 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                        Okay - only you guys and gals will appreciate this...My Dream Date (and it's a 20-yr old pic of me, I so do not look like this now...)

Spoiler:

(and yes, I AM pinchin' his bum!)

das
                        Wooo hooo! Way to go Das - Don't suppose you could hook the rest of us up with his friends?
                        sigpic

Comment

Hello all.
                          I've just been popping in and out. I really haven't done much reading (ack!), but I've tried to keep up with the art. Naami, thank you for the pics of my sweet Rhys. I didn't see them until today, so Kar hunted down a version of that last pic. How cruel can the humans be?

Anyhoo...something happened to put me in a mood, and I made a new wallie. It's a dark one with Todd (Who else?). I hope ya'll like it.

Spoiler:

Wraithie

The siggie kinda didn't apply during those moments, huh?

@TMC: They won't let me 'green' you for your wallie and your good fortune! (Evil textbooks!)
                          Last edited by Wraithworshipper; 07 June 2008, 04:18 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Toomuchcaf
                            regards to the whole microorganisms living on the wraith. When I read the first post I immediately thought

Spoiler:

TINEA Yes I agree with that.

When I was looking after under fives one got skin TINEA. Child wasn't to borthered but the parents was mortified and not too happy when told the child had to stay off nursery
                            So there must be TINEA type fungi for teeth too.

What a nice conversation for early Sunday morning.

Sure all the new siggys and DAS dream date picture are lovely. But uncooperative computer. So no siggy pictures.

Das
                            Spoiler:

Who cut Rhys hand off?? Not Ronon was it?

Don't Wraith have a feeding slit on each hand? I theought they did?

MCH
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post
                              Toomuchcaf

Spoiler:

TINEA Yes I agree with that.

When I was looking after under fives one got skin TINEA. Child wasn't to borthered but the parents was mortified and not too happy when told the child had to stay off nursery
                              So there must be TINEA type fungi for teeth too.

What a nice conversation for early Sunday morning.

Sure all the new siggys and DAS dream date picture are lovely. But uncooperative computer. So no siggy pictures.

Das
                              Spoiler:

MCH
                              No, Hon. The Wraith have only one feeding slit on the right hand
                              Wraithie
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post

Das
                                Spoiler:

MCH
                                Spoiler:
                                Confused me too. I thought they were in the right hand of the Wraith only until I watched The Lost Boys and noted Ford's mates cutting into one the warrior Wraith's left arm too....so are there left and right-handed variations? Are some possibly ambidextrous?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X