Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by masterling View Post
    I dont know what happened. I'll repost him.
    nice king, masterling. there needs to be more wraith like him fighting wise.

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
    Urgh.

I'm in a discussion on the season 5 tidbits thread, about Karl and Tommy from Midway being the Karl and Tommy from SoW, or not, cos Joe M says they're not the same Wraith.

WHY cast the same people for them, then, and have them wear the same masks?

Brendan Penny isn't a Wraith actor outside that one Todd thing, and then cos CH was back and Penny was still there he did Tommy, right? So if he was gone after that, why ask him back for Tommy if it's not him?

*Ish confused*
    not the same wraith? the costumes/voices are identical and karl even says he procured the information from todd, which had to happen in SOW. I think JM is a bit confused, or needs his eyes checked.

it took me 8 tries to get past the server errors and post this.
    Last edited by naamiaiset; 18 May 2008, 02:50 PM.

Comment

PETW = People against the unethical treatment of wraith

Comment

Only 8?

I dunno what Mallozzi is watching either, then...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Well I feel like I've been in one of those hotel revoleing doors.

IN thread then out of thread, in/out, in/out ect 10 time I think.

But now I'm back I ain't going until i said my bit. Right.

Calandars yes please, but apart from Wraithie I have NOT, been able to see anyone elses. Frustration and annoyance. I can only see Wraithie's cos I have found my way to Wraithie photobucket account.can anyone help me with this how can I chose pictures for a calandar if I can't see???? That's all the pictures/calandars from Naamiaist, Liquid Sky, Wraithlord and Veldt

Das OT Japanese Gardens
          Spoiler:

If you like Japanese Gardens one of the finest is Tatton Park near me in the UK. It's a National Trust Property. The owner in the early 1900 transported from Japan many garden ornaments, and created a real Japanese garden, it is absoluntly beautiful you'd love it. The National Trust has recently had the garden restored and sent the gardeners to Japan to learn about Japanise garden and care of. I really wish you could see it.
          We also had a Japanese dance company who used the garden to start their dance, about a lady who lost her baby. Sound sad I know but it was so moving, beautiful and styalised.

GoSpiky I hope you got it sorted out about which actor played which Wraith cos it confusing me big time.
          sigpic
          Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Originally posted by Rachelle View Post
            I have created my own social group...Wraith Worshippers! I know, worshiper is technically spelled with one p, but I it looks better my way! I was going to call it the WDC but didn't want to steal that from the thread starter!

No, you are right. It depends on the English you are using. Worshipper [Can.] Worshiper [U.S.]. That's why I was Wraith Worshipper [Can] and Wraithie is WraithWorshiper [U.S.].

Wraith Cake -- darn it all, I'm posting anyway. Off to play a game of scrabble with the family.
            "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
              Only 8?

I dunno what Mallozzi is watching either, then...
              only 8 this time.

*wonders if mallozzi even watched S4*

Comment

Pfft
                "Indiana Kar and the quest for the post" or "Gatewars episode II - The busy server strikes back"

I´m not on Gateworld that long but seeing the amount of people that used the forum before with everything running smoothly...they definitly screwed up with that last upgrade...big time.

@Veldt I like the painting
                @naami Nice calendar. I like that style of yours
                @Spikey Thanks for the caps. Now i got to see that epi again
                @masterling I like the painting..but not the Wraith portrayed (but thats no news)
                @Wraith Cake Keep on posting

And hello to everyone else I´ve missed *waves*
                sigpic
                Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                Spoiler:
                Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Does he sing a songwith nothing but a pout????? Like Marilyn Monroe to John Kennerdy?

"Let me entertain you, Let me sing a song, some old songs some new song,
                  BUT we'll have a real good time yes sir and we have a real good time......"

In a slinky, pouty, Stevie way....... Hum
                  Of course he does! I feel pretty, o so pretty...

[/url]

Comment

Does he sing a songwith nothing but a pout????? Like Marilyn Monroe to John Kennerdy?

"Let me entertain you, Let me sing a song, some old songs some new song,
                    BUT we'll have a real good time yes sir and we have a real good time......"

In a slinky, pouty, Stevie way....... Hum
                    Of course he does! I feel pretty, o so pretty...

[/url]

Comment

I double posted...somehow. Whoops.
                      Last edited by Rachelle; 18 May 2008, 04:13 PM. Reason: Whoops

[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
                        Hi everyone just quickly stopping by to post a Wallpaper i made it's of the Allies Queen hope you like it

Wraithlord, excellent.

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                        YAY I'm baaack! I was on an excavation during the last week - it was fun, exhausting and kept me busy. Now I see that you all were busy too , more than 20 pages I like the idea of the calendars. i did one with andee. I hope you like it

Now i try to catch up everything *huggles the Thread*
                        Its great, everyone is producing such great work, it would be so hard to choose a favourite.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                        @ toomuchcaf - Chef! was a fun show - Gareth was arrogant and obnoxious, always yelling at his crew only to eat humble pie in the end. Here's a couple youtube clips to give you an idea... (I can't watch them because I'm on dial up - I hope the clips/links are okay).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JnLI51JQLZQ
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=cd5gvha-qwU

das
                        Thanks for the links, heading that way after my catching up!

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                        Hi I got a couple of Wraith calendars I did when I came from work. So, if you like them then you can use them just credit me ok.

LS

Credit: Calendar brush by: Mata 80

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        I love both.

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                        another calendar. (surprised? didn't think so. ) this was bluejay's request. I decided to keep it simple.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l.../steveoct5.jpg
                        I'm starting to develop calender creative ability jealosy

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
                        My second attempt at Todd.

Spoiler:

Eventually I got fed up with it and just laid on heavy with the black and white
                        I envy your ability to draw, and it turned out striking.
                        That one is so well done, even the least liked wraith deserves some attention.
                        Originally posted by Mike272 View Post
                        Welcome.

And I'm sure I've missed people, but I too am having trouble.

Been having fun over the weekend, did some stuff with the kids, can you tell I'm slightly obsessed?

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post
                          Wraithlord, excellent.
                          Its great, everyone is producing such great work, it would be so hard to choose a favourite.

And I'm sure I've missed people, but I too am having trouble.

Been having fun over the weekend, did some stuff with the kids, can you tell I'm slightly obsessed?

Spoiler:

Just goes to show you're raising the kiddies up right!

Originally posted by Rachelle View Post
                          I double posted...somehow. Whoops.
                          Congrats! Some of us are luck y to get here. I don't know how many replies I've had bite the dust waiting to get in here!

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
                          Pfft
                          "Indiana Kar and the quest for the post" or "Gatewars episode II - The busy server strikes back"

I´m not on Gateworld that long but seeing the amount of people that used the forum before with everything running smoothly...they definitly screwed up with that last upgrade...big time.

@Veldt I like the painting
                          @naami Nice calendar. I like that style of yours
                          @Spikey Thanks for the caps. Now i got to see that epi again
                          @masterling I like the painting..but not the Wraith portrayed (but thats no news)
                          @Wraith Cake Keep on posting

And hello to everyone else I´ve missed *waves*
                          Huggles, KarBaby! I've missed being able to chat and PM you.

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
                          No, you are right. It depends on the English you are using. Worshipper [Can.] Worshiper [U.S.]. That's why I was Wraith Worshipper [Can] and Wraithie is WraithWorshiper [U.S.].

Wraith Cake -- darn it all, I'm posting anyway. Off to play a game of scrabble with the family.
                          Actually, it's Wraithworshipper. I've noticed all kinds of variations on my ID lately. I've read so much Brit. lit., I hadn't actually realzed I'd spelled it non-american style! Early American lit. still spelled it the Brit. way.

Originally posted by Mike272 View Post
                          Welcome! Although shouldn't that be 'PAUTW'?

Thank you for reposting! He's beautiful! Sorta OT about the guy under the 'king' make-up.
                          Spoiler:
                          If you want to see something funny. I have a link for the fella who was under all that make-up. Dan is very easy on the eyes and funny! Turns out he did a stint as a stand-up comic. He's an absolute loon!

This is the funny link. All of this is from his website.
                          http://www.dan-payne.com/images/downloads/dan_payne.wmv

Wraithie
                          Last edited by Wraithworshipper; 12 July 2008, 12:21 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post

Spoiler:

Hahaha...oh these are lovely
                            The last one reminds me of that intense culling beam. So...don´t mess with the Wraith!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                            Spoiler:
                            Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                            You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Bit of fun.
                              Over here there is an add campaign for turkey, goes
                              Give pork/beef/seafood the day off. Try turkey chops.

I really couldn't resist.

Spoiler:

If there really was a website, it would include wraith cake
                              sigpic

Comment

The forums have been eating my posts and telling me "the server is too busy, try again later." I agree that the new upgrade is not exactly an improvement. But the photo album part is nice. I tried putting some pictures there from my trip to Japan!
                                @masterling - beautiful work!
                                @toomuchcaf - I just love the Wraith cookies!
                                @Spikey - I'm confused about the Wraith, too, but I guess I can live with the uncertainty. I think it would only be important if the Wraith from the cloning facility survived and were able to get it functional again.

I'm too tired to think any deep philosophical thoughts tonight. I did a lot of gardening too, but only on my rather ordinary herb garden. not a Japanese tea garden like das.
                                I'm envious! I'd love to create one someday. I bet some of the Wraith would appreciate gardens.

I was thinking about the Pictsies from Pratchett's Discworld tale "The Wee Free Men" and their blue skin and markings (my daughter is ahead of me on some of the Discworld books and was filling me in). There are similarities between them and the Wraith, as toomuchcaf was saying. But I think that Pratchett was using the Pict warriors for one of his typical puns -- Pixies = Pictsies and the Atlantis writers or character designers were drawing on the fashions of Pict and Celtic warriors, and maybe even Maori tattoos for the Wraith.

@karhedron: Yep, Pratchett is God - of Discworld, at least! And I agree that he is a genius when it comes to words.
                                Spoiler:
                                You are German, aren't you? Do you read them in English or have they translated his books into German? I find that interpreting humor is one of the toughest things about foreign languages and cultures. I've studied German (long ago) and Japanese (recently) and humor, especially puns, is a challenge!

That's about it for tonight!
                                Last edited by Sparrow_hawk; 18 May 2008, 07:00 PM. Reason: spoiler for OT
                                Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X