No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad your here The Veldt, the more deffenders the better!!
    Its a good group here so just jump in. We all appreciate others art and i would love to see yours
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
      Can you imagine what it'd do to a Wraith fella if he was feeding on a fem human, and he touched minds with her to find love, forgiveness and a willing gift of her life to him for his survival? (Please! Nobody snurch that! It's part of a story I'm writing!)
      Wraithie
      Make absolutely sure to post a link when you are done.

Wraithie
      Below is my newest wallie with the angry Todd pic. I reversed the image for variety.
      Spoiler:
      [/SIZE]
      Actually i think it would be rather fun to see the dam break. Provided we're all in a safe secure location at the time.

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
      I find Todd (and most of the antiheroes and villains I adore) attractive because he is strong, intelligent, wise, noble, conflicted, flawed, and still at times sympathetic.
      Todd is definetly all those things. He is confident in his abilities and people respond to that.
      sigpic
      FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Welcome The Veldt! It's always great seeing another new member. This is a great place to discuss Wraith theories, so please feel free to share yours.

Rachelle your sig is beautiful and I especially like the font you chose.

Traveller64, yes it's Japanese (sorry, I thought I had put that in the post, but somehow it was left out). And it has been *very* lively!
        Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachelle View Post
          Yea. I'm sure.
          Great Job, Hon! See! I told you it was a good idea to post your first siggie! I like the Queen, too.

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
          *waves very shyly*

Hallo there...I've been lurking here for a while now, decided to get me registered at last I recently added the Wraith to my short list of obsessions...can't stop thinking about them! I've made two drawings and some icony thingies so far

I'm not sure how much I'll reply to stuff though...I have Asperger's, and am quite nervous about meeting new people, and oh, there seems to be a lot of those here!

I don't know if this has already been covered, I still need to work my way through about half of this thread....but has it been speculated what the "slits" eitherside of their noses are for? I've heard a theory about pheremones, and possibly extra...can't remember what they're called. Cells that detect smells.

There was another question too, but I've forgotten it
          Welcome, The Veldt! Do you prefer being called The Veldt or is Veldt, by itself, okay? Another suggestion for the facial slits was that maybe they helped the Queen in The Submersion during her long swim underwater. They may be an extra set of 'special purpose' nostrils. I think the word you're looking for is 'olfactory' (...of or pertaining to the sense of smell: olfactory organs.) organ cells?

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
          Make absolutely sure to post a link when you are done.
          The first two parts are on my LJ, but only folks acknowledged as 'friends' can see them. It's some really tough writing. Not the words, so much as it's the putting myself out there so openly. I've rather laid myself bare in them, and it's going to get worse (the laying bare, not the story!) from here on out. Starting with Chapter 4 (I'm still writing 3), the story will be all fiction, but the personality all me.
          Register at LJ, and I'll put you as a 'friend'. I'm Wraithsdream there. That, BTW, is a Yahoo! ID I had years before Atlantis. I think I've had it since 1998. I've always loved spirits, wraiths and things that go bump in the night!

Originally posted by BlueJay
          Actually i think it would be rather fun to see the dam break. Provided we're all in a safe secure location at the time.
          Yup! Preferably nuke resistant, too! Not too sure our ol' hottie, Todd would want too many witnesses to that display! But then again...he might enjoy the after shocks (hmm...equates that thought with naughty sex images) Oh, and that smilie just didn't help!
          Wraithie
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome, The Veldt! Do you prefer being called The Veldt or is Veldt, by itself, okay? Another suggestion for the facial slits was that maybe they helped the Queen in The Submersion during her long swim underwater. They may be an extra set of 'special purpose' nostrils. I think the word you're looking for is 'olfactory' (...of or pertaining to the sense of smell: olfactory organs.) organ cells?
            That's them, completely forgot the name, and I still cannot remember the other question *ponders* 'Veldt is fine But would such "special purpose" nostrils still in intact and in working order over the years of evolution and so on if they do not particulary...ah...make a habit of going for....long swims?

I need to find my camera and install the silly software again before I can show you the Wraith drawings, but the warm welcome has enticed me to do it sooner rather than later

I also made 10 icons of Erik so far, they're...alright-ish. They were quick and relatively easy, but I'm proud because they were my first proper ones as such made just for the sake of playing around with the pictures a bit
            Last edited by The Veldt; 08 May 2008, 04:32 AM. Reason: Editted for fixing quote.
            sigpic

Comment

That's them, completely forgot the name, and I still cannot remember the other question *ponders* 'Veldt is fine But would such "special purpose" nostrils still in intact and in working order over the years of evolution and so on if they do not particulary...ah...make a habit of going for....long swims?

I need to find my camera and install the silly software again before I can show you the Wraith drawings, but the warm welcome has enticed me to do it sooner rather than later

I also made 10 icons of Erik so far, they're...alright-ish. They were quick and relatively easy, but I'm proud because they were my first proper ones as such made just for the sake of playing around with the pictures a bit
              She was in stasis for at least 10,000 years. Evolution would not have touched her.
              Wraithie
              sigpic

Comment

Count me in.

I think the wraith is the most intresting race this far in the stargate universe for many reasons.
                Last edited by AscendedAsgard; 08 May 2008, 05:17 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

DAS
                  That was a long ramble on JMs blog, but very good points were made. I think he may be a bit intimidated by the amount of thought some people put into the show and what's going on with the characters. I haven't been there in some time but it does seem like he picks the points that have either no bearing on the show or the ones he can shoot down to respond to. If you make a good valid point about development of pegasus and its characters he tends to ignore it.
                  (someone please correct me, show me he takes notice)

I am glad you said you wouldn't jump ship though. It wouldn't be the same here without you.

Hello AscendedAsgard
                  sigpic
                  FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

She was in stasis for at least 10,000 years. Evolution would not have touched her.
                    Wraithie
                    That wouldn't explain why they all have them though...
                    sigpic

Comment

That wouldn't explain why they all have them though...
                      With all the speculation, I'm just going with them as being 'multi-purpose'.

Welcome, AscendedAsgard!
                      sigpic

Comment

A very warm welcome to WDC AscendedAsgard

sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys, Been lurking around in the forums for some time and i thought it's time to registrer and then i found this which suits me kind of perfect since i'm a big fan of the wraith

Just noticed that this thread got like 370 pages,Quite a challange to read them all. Just to keep up with the subject i'm gonna read the last 10 pages ;P
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
                            Hellooooooo, everyone!

I haven't been culled
                            Nice to hear from you again It's a relief that you haven't been culled

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                            I'm going to say that again - Now you've got a worshipper
                            Originally posted by Rachelle View Post
                            Ok, I finally made one. First one. Tell me what you think.

Very good start I like it
                            *waves very shyly*
                            Originally posted by AscendedAsgard View Post
                            Count me in.
                            I think the wraith is the most intresting race this far in the stargate universe for many reasons.
                            Welcome to both of you!!!

Icarium

Comment

Welcome TheVeldt and AscendedAsgard
                              sigpic
                              Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                              Spoiler:
                              Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                              You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedAsgard View Post
                                Count me in.

Welcome AscendedAsgard!

Comment

Working...
                                X