• Show
Clear All

Nice, Mr. 21, very nice indeed!

Comment

I concur... very very nice, Mr 21
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
        It took me a while to come up with the right google keywords but here it is.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-got-to-write/

The high-value target is, in fact, a nursery holding some twelve wraith children, females destined to be queens.
        Thanks for the link. It`s very interesting. I don`t know what Atlantis team can do with Wraith children. I suppose Ronon will want to kill them. Sheppard say no. And probably they will want change children into human. Next experiments on Wraith.

Great work, Mr.21.
        sigpic

Comment

Given that biological warfare and genocide were largely handwaved throughout this series,I'm shocked that there were stories that were deemed to be "questionable."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.21 View Post
            Guys, which is rarely remembered:
            Very nice.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cocytus View Post
              Given that biological warfare and genocide were largely handwaved throughout this series,I'm shocked that there were stories that were deemed to be "questionable."
              It is odd, isn't it, given the blithe disregard there is for any other life form on the show? Maybe, even Wraith children rated on this occasion, though, and TPTB wussed wisely. Personally, but I'm a writer, I think they should have done it, but then they'd be entering into the refutable areas of whether all humans/Americans are 'good/heroic'. I do hate to see an idea pulled because of concerns about the portrayal of perceived national character. After all, even the British Empire committed the most appalling atrocities during its rule, and we're never seen as good guys in anything anymore (tell me it ain't so, cos every villain I've seen for a while has an English accent).

@ Mr.21: You may consider them snurched. Very, very nice indeed.
              sigpic

Comment

Be our guest?
                Which place would you rather visit?

Option A
                You are allowed to drop by with little advance notice or reason for your visit and you can bring all of your friends. You promptly and personally are welcomed by your host, who tells the guards to lower their weapons with an apology for the tight security. The host tries to think ahead and make the atmosphere amiable by setting out fruit, a pitcher of water with several cups, candlelight, and a cozy table and chair set. The host makes polite introductions to his second-in-charge. The host is even calm and civil when you say that he doesn’t have clout and when one of your friends gets way out of line by telling your host that he is no good to your group and insinuates violence by tapping on the weapon he carries openly.

Option B
                You are requested by personal invitation to visit and discuss a matter that impacts your life, and those close to you, significantly. Still, no more than you and two friends at a time are allowed to stay. Upon arrival, you would be greeted with heavily-armed, stone-faced guards who would follow you and your friends around. You and your friends would be expected to do nothing when one of the hosts follows you threateningly, lest those armed guards shoot you and your friends.

Yes, Todd is a better host than the Lanteans and you would want to hurry up and get on with work and out of Atlantis or the Daedalus too!

Comment

Very nice!
                  Last edited by Rosehawk; 12 October 2010, 09:16 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice wallies and icons, Bajka and Mr. 21!

2 random Wraith questions:

-What were Kenny and Bullseye up to on their stay aboard the oh-so-charming Daedalus while Todd worked with Jennifer in First Contact and The Lost Tribe? We didn't see them again until after Todd took over the Daedalus and Jennifer seemed to be alone in the lab when Ronon met up with her.

-How did Todd kill the Primary with one stab in The Queen? Why didn’t her one wound regenerate and heal over?

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                      -How did Todd kill the Primary with one stab in The Queen? Why didn’t her one wound regenerate and heal over?
                      I assumed that was because he stabbed her in the neck. I read somewhere that if you main artery in your throat is punctured you've pretty much had it. The same probably holds true for wraith and so the injure was too sever for the Primary and she couldn't heal quickly enough. We also don't know how long ago it was she last fed so we don't know at what level her regenerative abilities were at.
                      If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                      sigpic

Comment

-What were Kenny and Bullseye up to on their stay aboard the oh-so-charming Daedalus while Todd worked with Jennifer in First Contact and The Lost Tribe? We didn't see them again until after Todd took over the Daedalus and Jennifer seemed to be alone in the lab when Ronon met up with her.
                        I like to think they enjoyed the hospitality of the ship and crew, and were given an extended tour as honoured visitors. Well, I'd like to think that, but they were prolly locked in the brig, or some such, and poked now and again with P-90's. I prefer my first version, of course, and that they also enjoyed a spot of R & R, sipped a few cocktails in the officer's mess, and had a nice bath drawn up by an accommodating wench. No? The brig, it is then.

Originally posted by Draygon
                        I assumed that was because he stabbed her in the neck. I read somewhere that if you main artery in your throat is punctured you've pretty much had it. The same probably holds true for wraith and so the injure was too sever for the Primary and she couldn't heal quickly enough. We also don't know how long ago it was she last fed so we don't know at what level her regenerative abilities were at.
                        The only trouble is that arterial blood spurts like a bugger, and he took the knife out of the wound, so we know that's not true. I suggest that the blade punctured some other vital organ, maybe even the brain stem, and her healing only allowed her to get as far as the alarm before she croaked.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice wallies and icons, Bajka and Mr. 21!
                          Thanks.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                            I like to think they enjoyed the hospitality of the ship and crew, and were given an extended tour as honoured visitors. Well, I'd like to think that, but they were prolly locked in the brig, or some such, and poked now and again with P-90's. I prefer my first version, of course, and that they also enjoyed a spot of R & R, sipped a few cocktails in the officer's mess, and had a nice bath drawn up by an accommodating wench. No? The brig, it is then.
                            I like the way you think.

As for me, I think they were doing more than just bathing... especially Bullseye if Orb was aboard the Daedalus at the time
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
                              I like the way you think.

As for me, I think they were doing more than just bathing... especially Bullseye if Orb was aboard the Daedalus at the time
                              LOL, I don't recall seeing any potted plants on the Daedalus, but that won't stop anything.

Propworx ebay auctions are back. Greg's costume is listed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stargate-Atlanti...item230ad04438

Comment

Propworx ebay auctions are back. Greg's costume is listed:
                                Another naked Wraith to keep warm.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X