Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WraithSlave View Post
    My Wraith wig came in today from ebay.. IT DOESN'T LOOK AT ALL WRAITH .... Its not long enough and has bangs for some reason.

Its hard searching for Wraith wigs... I wanted to run around the house with it in a long pvc trench coat i have (even though they wear leather) and use my imagination. But nooo .. noo fun time for me

I shouldn't have never sent this link to someone to order it from their account while i payed them... BECAUSE EITHER EBAY "Mysteriously" CHANGED LINKS "like they said.." OR SOMEONE CHANGED IT !! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND ANGRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

*hisses and sobs in Shawns lap*
    Not the one from e-bay that was listed as being form the show...It looked really good in the previews.

Originally posted by WraithSlave View Post
    Alright i'm off on the search for Wraith wigs once again.. let me know which one of these you girls think is more wraithy like.

I'm looking for hair that is identical to Steve's.

Here is one i found that reminded me of Bob/Greg's hair

All of these images were found off ebay.

I hate shopping on-line for a wig. Cause you never know what you get. I already have one poopoo wraith wig for Commander Sam. It does fine for photos shoots( http://geniemiller.deviantart.com/ar...e-up-152756054 ) but for conventions, ehhh no, I can see hos blond hair in too many places plus the darn thing is very static clingy. I have talked to some local ladies whom are well versed in custom wigs and they suggested going to one of the African-American hair salons and seeing if anyone could weave a wig. They take a wig cap and hand stitch the 'tracks' into it. She said generally it cost $80 plus the 'tracks' or hair. I found some beautiful white real human hair at the local store for $40 a bunch. She said that 2 bunches would be enough to do one head. However one would have a proper wig that is not thin in weird spots. I am still debating of what I am going to do.

Comment

Quick Wraithy question -

Has it ever been determined how many Wraith are aboard a hive ship? Hundreds? Thousands? Any ideas?

das
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by QueenMalka View Post
        Not the one from e-bay that was listed as being form the show...It looked really good in the previews.

I hate shopping on-line for a wig. Cause you never know what you get. I already have one poopoo wraith wig for Commander Sam. It does fine for photos shoots( http://geniemiller.deviantart.com/ar...e-up-152756054 ) but for conventions, ehhh no, I can see hos blond hair in too many places plus the darn thing is very static clingy. I have talked to some local ladies whom are well versed in custom wigs and they suggested going to one of the African-American hair salons and seeing if anyone could weave a wig. They take a wig cap and hand stitch the 'tracks' into it. She said generally it cost $80 plus the 'tracks' or hair. I found some beautiful white real human hair at the local store for $40 a bunch. She said that 2 bunches would be enough to do one head. However one would have a proper wig that is not thin in weird spots. I am still debating of what I am going to do.
        Wow you have some amazing art! and you make a really beautiful wraith queen

If the hair online is that crappy then i'm screwed in finding one in town.. I will try my best to find one similar to Steves. Then i'll have to get Shawn & Bobs

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
          Quick Wraithy question -

Has it ever been determined how many Wraith are aboard a hive ship? Hundreds? Thousands? Any ideas?

das
          In 'The Shrine" (which I just happened to watch the other evening 'cause I've got a bit of a soft spot for McKay too) Sheppard talks about two hives and ten thousand Wraith on the ground. Sooo ... I think it's a fair assumption that all the Wraith on the ground would have fitted into the two hives - QED - I'll go with thousands.

Comment

Quick Wraithy question -

das
            I would combine these two words and say hundred thousand... if not even a million. The hives are pretty big.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trillian52 View Post
              In 'The Shrine" (which I just happened to watch the other evening 'cause I've got a bit of a soft spot for McKay too) Sheppard talks about two hives and ten thousand Wraith on the ground. Sooo ... I think it's a fair assumption that all the Wraith on the ground would have fitted into the two hives - QED - I'll go with thousands.
              Agreed. I'm useless with names of eps etc but I recall one in which they suggested that hives are small city-sized, so definitely in the thousands...

... gads, no wonder I'm always so tired... so many wraith, so little time...
              sigpic
              Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                Agreed. I'm useless with names of eps etc but I recall one in which they suggested that hives are small city-sized, so definitely in the thousands...

I'd of thought that at least half of them if not two thirds would be drones though, not the higher-caste faced males

What do people reckon????
                sigpic
                Thank you to Icarium for allowing me to use the above image.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                  So many Wraith with seemingly inexhaustible supplies of enery too...

Originally posted by Toddandrea View Post
                  I'd of thought that at least half of them if not two thirds would be drones though, not the higher-caste faced males

What do people reckon????
                  Sounds like a reasonable theory.

Comment

It is not clearly stated:

"A massive Wraith mothership, home to an untold number of Wraith who hibernate for centuries at a time." (http://www.gateworld.net/wiki/Wraith_hive_ship)

I would say thousands, but not tens of thousands. Hive ships are big but not crowded, and there is much idle space and room is needed for engines, human storage, darts, laboratories and so on. Also human populations in Pegasus are small and too big hives would be very difficult to keep fed just because culling small populations would leave many wraith hungry even when things aren't that bad.

How do you think the hive ships themselves are kept energized?

Comment

Quick Wraithy question -

If I remember this correctly in "No Man's Land" someone (not sure McKay, Beckett?) says something like "A ship like this could easily house 2000 Wraith or more". I'll go and check the transcripts now.

EDIT: I was wrong, it's "Misbegotten" and it's far more than 2000, and it wasn't McKay or Beckett.

SHEPPARD: Official count is just under two hundred. A lot of them were killed in the battle. A lot more of them killed each other when the gas started changing them. We should consider ourselves lucky. A hive ship like this could carry thousands.

Comment

There is nowhere written how big hive ships are, but I once made a small calculation or better a rule of thumb estimate based on this pic (from "Allies"):
                        Spoiler:

The Deadalus is 225meters long and it fits 12 times in the length of this hive. So my conclusion is that a hive is about 2500-3000 m long. That´s very big.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trillian52 View Post
                          Def thousands... However, keeping a crew that size awake would be very wasteful of resources and I can see they would have some of them on rotating hibernation, particularly drones as they are surplus to requirements for much of the time. A hive also has to have some areas used by their Worshippers, and facilities for storage of foodstuffs for said as well as the cocoons for Wraith consumption. Taking the human population into account too, it would have to be a big place.

I've wondered about how the hive gets its energy because of its organic nature and can only think it must be a little like Moya from Farscape.
                          sigpic

Comment

It took me ages to stop Tommy completely fading into the background but here he is at last.

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                              It took me ages to stop Tommy completely fading into the background but here he is at last.

Spoiler:
                              Great work.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bajka20 View Post
                                Great work.
                                Thank you.

For some reason Tommy is a bit pale and ethereal in the MGM behind the scenes photos.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X