i think my favourite was Mantis:
    Marvelous Adonis Needing Touches and Intense Stimulation
    Originally posted by Todds worshipper View Post
    It got Todd's name perfectly right though:
    T.O.D.D.: Tantalizing One Delivering Delights

sigpic
    Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

I kind of like Steve too. He was an early love and he's got a great profile (which I really love being reminded of on Blue Jay's posts).

S.T.E.V.E.: Stud Tirelessly Exchanging Velvety Embraces
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
        some still seem to be without names. any suggestions, perhaps naami will add them if no one objects
        I'll add names if anyone puts some forth. There's still a few actors missing also.

Originally posted by Todds worshipper View Post
        It got Todd's name perfectly right though:
        The name definitely suits him.

Comment

I've been messing around with some names while waiting for a game to finish downloading:

I like these ones for the last 5 wraith on the list:
          D.R.E.W.: Dreamy Romeo Exchanging Worship (Gotta be a wraith name with a description involving worship-(For the Forrest wraith (penny?)))
          G.A.R.T.H.: Gorgeous Adonis Rendering Touches and Hugs (Tracker?), Joshua (Outsiders-James), Thomas (Outsiders-Tyler) and for the very last guy (from FC & TLT) Harry or Fred.

Like I said, just messing around
          sigpic
          Cass Todd -

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
            Ladies, this is completely OT! You've been warned! I mean COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC! Enjoy! I had a blast with all the lovely Wraith names.

Wraithie
            Thanks Wraithie

Mine is
            M.A.R.Y.: Minx Administering Rapturous Yeses.
            Love the others
            S.T.E.V.E.: Stud Tirelessly Exchanging Velvety Embraces

Thats got them spot on well from the WDC member point of view....

MCH

PS Bob with handcuff gets the name B.O.B.: Bloke Offering Backrubs

I typed in Robeert for Woosley and Michael names and as this is a PG site I'll leave it. But Robert Woosley is very funny when think about Woosley and see how they name him.
            Michael name is to me spot on.
            Last edited by MCH; 30 November 2008, 04:17 AM.
            sigpic
            Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Originally posted by dolfynnchick View Post
              Since no one else has answered.....

I think most wraith typically refer to it as a portal. Todd has picked up on "stargate" and seems to use it almost exclusively now; Kenny apparently knows it or he wouldn't have known what Sheppard was talking about when he wanted to be dropped off. Whatshisname with the poofy hair who wasn't Penny called it a portal in Midway. I'm pretty sure others have too, I just can't remember specific examples.
              Thank you! I thought they had a different word for it, so it is likely that Todd thought of it as a portal, not a stargate...which could explain the comment, 'you don't know what a stargate is, do you?' Yeah, he knew what it was, just not by that name. This is the 'the writers didn't pay attention to continity' answer.

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post

, where does this stuff come from Das, too funny!!
              Obviously, it comes from Kenny.

i think my favourite was Mantis:
              Marvelous Adonis Needing Touches and Intense Stimulation
              Oh, my. I can think of quite a few of us who could take care of that! (Poor Mantis, he just needs someone to pet him, like a big kittycat. )

Originally posted by Starry Waters View Post
              Sleazy Eddie??? Who is Sleazy Eddie?

*sigh*

THIS is Edward Sleazyhands, my secret indulgence...

Spoiler:

And
              Spoiler:

There is just something so deliciously naughty about him.

das
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                *sigh*

Spoiler:

And
                Spoiler:

das
                DAS is this "deliciously naughty" enough for you?

Spoiler:
                E.D.D.I.E.: Expert Delivering Delights and Intense Embraces and then there is
                E.D.W.A.R.D.: Expert Delivering Worship and Arousing, Rapturous Delights
                MCH
                sigpic

Comment

K.E.N.N.Y.: Knockout Exchanging Naughty Necking and Yeses

B.I.L.L.Y.: Bloke Imparting Lustful Loving and Yeses

D.A.V.I.D.: Dreamy Adonis Volunteering Intense Delights (this one is of particular interest to me, seeing as how it's also my husband's name)

G.R.E.G.: Gorgeous Romeo Exchanging Gratification

E.R.I.K.: Expert Rendering Intense Kisses

C.R.A.I.G.: Charming Romeo Administering Intense Gratification (for both our resident Craig the Wraith, and the Wraith who chased down Rodney in Tracker)

E.L.L.I.A.: Exciting Lover Luxuriating in Intense Affection

das
                  Last edited by dasNdanger; 30 November 2008, 01:58 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post
                    DAS is this "deliciously naughty" enough for you?

Spoiler:
                    E.D.D.I.E.: Expert Delivering Delights and Intense Embraces and then there is
                    E.D.W.A.R.D.: Expert Delivering Worship and Arousing, Rapturous Delights
                    MCH
                    That second one - BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Too true!!

I did 'sleazyhand' (since it will only accept a name up to 10 letters, and 'sleazyhands' has 11)

S.L.E.A.Z.Y.H.A.N.D.: Sexy Luscious Expert Adeptly Zapped by Yummy, Hot Affection and Naughty Delights

das
                    sigpic

Comment

K.E.N.N.Y.: Knockout Exchanging Naughty Necking and Yeses

B.I.L.L.Y.: Bloke Imparting Lustful Loving and Yeses

D.A.V.I.D.: Dreamy Adonis Volunteering Intense Delights (this one is of particular interest to me, seeing as how it's also my husband's name)

G.R.E.G.: Gorgeous Romeo Exchanging Gratification

E.R.I.K.: Expert Rendering Intense Kisses

C.R.A.I.G.: Charming Romeo Administering Intense Gratification (for both our resident Craig the Wraith, and the Wraith who chased down Rodney in Tracker)

E.L.L.I.A.: Exciting Lover Luxuriating in Intense Affection

And...well, I couldn't resist trying my name:
                      Spoiler:
                      D.E.I.R.D.R.E.: Dame Exchanging Intense Recreation and Delightful, Rapturous Embraces

das
                      Craig the Wraith is going to love that.

MCH
                      sigpic

Comment

R.H.Y.S.: Romeo Hungering for Yummy Stimulation

Ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by Fandom Addict View Post
                          R.H.Y.S.: Romeo Hungering for Yummy Stimulation

Ya think?

MCH
                          sigpic

Comment

*sigh*

Spoiler:

And
                            Spoiler:

das

Ah, the alpha male in the Hive. Yes, I've lusted after/over HIM several times! I think that's the only time we've seen an upper level male stripped of his coat too. Yum!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post

Ladies, this is completely OT! You've been warned! I mean COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC! Enjoy! I had a blast with all the lovely Wraith names.

Wraithie
                              good to see ya again!! missed ya. this is too funny. i gave it a try:
                              Spoiler:
                              M.A.S.T.E.R.L.I.N.G.: Marvelous Amorous Seductress Tirelessly Exchanging Rapturous Loving and Intense, Naughty Gratification
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dolfynnchick View Post
                                Since no one else has answered.....

I think most wraith typically refer to it as a portal. Todd has picked up on "stargate" and seems to use it almost exclusively now; Kenny apparently knows it or he wouldn't have known what Sheppard was talking about when he wanted to be dropped off. Whatshisname with the poofy hair who wasn't Penny called it a portal in Midway. I'm pretty sure others have too, I just can't remember specific examples.
                                Ahhhh, "Tom-ate-o" "Toma-toe" When two prisoners are desperate to escape whether something is called a "Stargate" or a "Portal" the characteristics of each are the same: a little ring like thingy that looks like a puddle you walk through to GETTHEHELLOUTTAT HERE!! is not a hinderance. They're both smart guys; they'd both figure it out pretty quick.

If one goes back through the dialogue of the episode, a strong argument (a very strong argument) can be made that the writers did intend to indicate that Todd did not know what a Stargate was. The intention obviously is to indicate the length of years he had been imprisoned, and perhaps that he was a very old soul, someone who had seen a great deal of suffering.
                                In fact, the scenario reminds me of the prison scene from The Count of Monte Cristo, this is a familiar trope.

However, one thing I will say is that the writers of the episode may not have been collaborating with other writers, of the other episodes, in order to deal with this time discrepancy of the Ancients' gate building.

This is what happens when there isn't an over all story arch. Leave it to the fans to find the holes in what story there is.

This is probably the more likely answer.

But whatever... It does present interesting possibilities such as "Why is Todd wandering around in circles with this human he is obviously not feeding on? It's not because he's not hungry."

WK
                                Last edited by Wraith Cake; 30 November 2008, 04:55 PM.
                                "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Working...
                                X