Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
    I think that would be...Bob. Loved Bob, looming over the sleeping Teyla. You see that, and you think he's thinking 'boobs!', but really, he's only thinking food.

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback on Wraith v Vampires. I'm so glad that you all see the Wraith as far different from vampires, a species unique unto itself. I think there's just such a different element to them...one of nature, instead of the supernatural.

das
    This is so true!!

WK
    "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
      Aren't the succubi also naked women running around with horns and masculine voices, that sit on your face while you sleep?
      I think an incubus (sp?) is the male version.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
        I've been interested in vampires ever since I was 16 and saw Chris Lee as Dracula. but I love the Wraith because they are Wraith.. I like to think that they were the origin of the vampire myths in the Stargate universe, though, because a Lantean described them to some primitive Earth humans.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1...ipts/101.shtml

Then one day our people stepped foot upon a dark world where a terrible enemy slept.

It suggests that they were hibernating so didn't show up on life sign detectors. This could have led to the idea of the undead.
        OOOooo I love the wraith for memorable quotations like the above, and good insight!

WK

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
          I agree! This is the only forum I have ever participated in, but I was drawn in by the interesting discussions and the wonderful art and stories that everyone here shares. It is a great community. Although this thread may fade away after SGA ends, but I've had a great time here with all of you!

Here here, I second that!! Both my husband and I love Jonny Depp, but did you know he's almost 50?!!

WK

Comment

Originally posted by Mariellelita View Post
            I think an incubus (sp?) is the male version.
            Don't they both stick their tongues out at you and lick their lips (LOL!!); and don't the male versions have shaggy bums and dirty feet again with horns and sit on your face when you sleep!! (LOL!!)

WK

...does this mean the wraith have shaggy bums?
            Last edited by Wraith Cake; 21 November 2008, 04:46 PM. Reason: wondering about shaggy bums

Comment

Don't they both stick their tongues out at you and lick their lips (LOL!!); and don't the male versions have shaggy bums and dirty feet again with horns and sit on your face when you sleep!! (LOL!!)

WK

...does this mean the wraith have shaggy bums?
              LOL! I dunno? All I know that incubi are the girls and secubi (sp?) are the dudes. And no, wraith don't have shaggy bums! They better not! I might have to turn to Rodney if I found out Todd was like that, lol!
              sigpic

Comment

Two weeks until the next Atlantis AND Sanctuary episodes!! I don't know how I'm going to stand it! Especially with that preview. All I can say (for now)is: Todd!!! Waahhhhhh!!!

mfw

Comment

Here here, I second that!! Both my husband and I love Jonny Depp, but did you know he's almost 50?!!

WK
                  And your point is.....?
                  Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
                    Two weeks until the next Atlantis AND Sanctuary episodes!! I don't know how I'm going to stand it! Especially with that preview. All I can say (for now)is: Todd!!! Waahhhhhh!!!

mfw
                    Spoiler for Infection:
                    Spoiler:
                    Todd did not sound at all happy in that little snippet of the preview at the end of the Brain Storm episode. But we know he is going to be in the final episode this season and is rumored to have an option for the movie, so he will come through it all right.
                    Too bad we have to wait two weeks.

@ Mariellelita: I'm afraid you have it backwards: An Incubus is male and a Succubus is female.
                    Last edited by Sparrow_hawk; 21 November 2008, 07:34 PM. Reason: addition, and not wanting to triple post.
                    Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

OT classical mythology.

Spoiler:
                      I have to be careful what I say about succubi and incubi here on this forum due it's rating, but a succubi was a female demon that came and slept with men while they themselves were sleeping. There's no actual set references to their appearances, as, of course, the men who claimed this had happened would be asleep at the time, but most just assume that succubi look like demon women.

An incubi is the male counterpart, and is violent and aggressive, effectively taking advantage of the women while they slept. Again, no real visual references been decided on through the centuries.

There's been some debate as to whether these were simply created in a time where bodily functions were not fully explained in terms of what happens when sleeping, particular in REM sleep, and upon waking they would try and explain it away as the devil's work to dissipate blame. The incubus was possibly created by women who's partners were not so gentle, and did not wait for them to be awake in order to have sex. Those days it would mostly Not Be Done to make complaint against her husband, and so she would relay the blame to someone/something else instead.

I have a vague interest in vampires, but not as a excessive thing. It'd be more like an interest, and runs nowhere near as deep as I feel about Wraith.
                      sigpic

Comment

WK

Now with that description I think of Chewie from Star Wars. with out the horns of course. Chewie did have a shaggy bum.
                        LS

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
                          Spoiler for Infection:
                          Spoiler:
                          Todd did not sound at all happy in that little snippet of the preview at the end of the Brain Storm episode. But we know he is going to be in the final episode this season and is rumored to have an option for the movie, so he will come through it all right.
                          Too bad we have to wait two weeks.
                          My own spoiler about the Infection preview:
                          Spoiler:
                          Todd not only didn't sound happy, he didn't sound well! Did you also notice that Todd was behind one of those translucent veiny walls? It looked like a kind of pod. My guess is that he put himself into temporary hibernation to protect himself from this disease and/or to slow down his metabolism and slow down the spread of the disease as well (if he is indeed infected). I'm wondering if this disease if from Keller's "cure" and that Todd may have taken it as well as his drones? (But why?) Or if Keller's retrovirus or the Hoffan drug may have been used on Todd and his Hive by rivals Hive(s) that are ready to be done with him.

I'm not going to have any nails left by the time this episode airs!

mfw

Comment

mfw
                            It's about time too. It's been way too long since he was on!! I hope they manage to have him on for longer than 5 minutes too. No need to be stingy here! I want more than just a drop in /brief appearance ep.
                            sigpic
                            Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Todd not only didn't sound happy, he didn't sound well! Did you also notice that Todd was behind one of those translucent veiny walls? It looked like a kind of pod. My guess is that he put himself into temporary hibernation to protect himself from this disease and/or to slow down his metabolism and slow down the spread of the disease as well (if he is indeed infected). I'm wondering if this disease if from Keller's "cure" and that Todd may have taken it as well as his drones? (But why?) Or if Keller's retrovirus or the Hoffan drug may have been used on Todd and his Hive by rivals Hive(s) that are ready to be done with him.

mfw
                              Two weeks is a long time to wait to find out what will happen.

Spoiler:
                              It sounds like history may indeed repeat it's self. Makes you wonder if Keller's retrovirus might back fire. That the Wraith will again become victims of the Lanteans

LS

Comment

Spoiler:

mfw
                                I hope
                                Spoiler:
                                he's not infected I had been thinking that he put himself in the stasis pod to avoid being infected because he wouldn't have tried the procedure on himself. He said in First Contact that he doubts Kellers treatment will work and he was only going to test it on the warriors (whose lives were going to be short because of the war anyway).

Unless it worked on them for the first few weeks and then something goes wrong but by then Todd had already given it to himself. Which would be why he's not as progressed as they are and the stasis pod would slow it down as well. Or, like you say he was forced to do it by Wraith that "want to be done with him", but I couldn't stand that either.

I know he won't die from it because he's in two more episodes (YAY)...but I don't want to see him sick, asking them for help...it's too demeaning!
                                sigpic
                                Cass Todd -

Comment

Working...
                                X