Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Das ***hug*** hang in there hun!!
    Wraith line dancing?? dear god no! that is not an image i want to see.
    sigpic

Comment

Going to watch Ghost In the Machine now, hope it's not as bad as it seems.

Comment

you guys are crazy! Like me!

Vegetarian wraith.

http://dragcave.net/user/kzaciswan<--- my scroll have a look at my dragons

Comment

Originally posted by kzaciswan View Post

Vegetarian wraith.
          Wraith need to feed on humans, specificaly, which means there had to be a level of compatibility between the species they feed on thand them. Damn, I think i fugured it out, but i don't want to spoil the end of my storyline.

BTW: house marathon + late night = succes

Comment

Originally posted by masterling View Post
            GITM issue
            Spoiler:
            Im worried that after tonights epi the wraith will be in big trouble. Didnt weir say that she was able to down load their tech, which is now in atlantis's hands. any one else get that feeling??
            I caught that bit immediately. I just rolled my eyes. I liked the episode all in all, but... that Wraith tech transmission was... well... so deux ex machina for the next episodes. I guess they are determined to retain the shallow 'bang, bang, the Wraith is dead' story line unlike more in depth scifi series such as Battlestar Galactica and Farscape.

I'm going to continue to watch the episodes as they come, just for entertainment, with no expectations.

No more hype for me.
            HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
              I caught that bit immediately. I just rolled my eyes. I liked the episode all in all, but... that Wraith tech transmission was... well... so deux ex machina for the next episodes. I guess they are determined to retain the shallow 'bang, bang, the Wraith is dead' story line unlike more in depth scifi series such as Battlestar Galactica and Farscape.

I'm going to continue to watch the episodes as they come, just for entertainment, with no expectations.

No more hype for me.
              I don't belive so, It seemed to me thaey only have the infirmation gathered by Weir when she inhabited wraith computers, which given the constant infighting and compartimentisation of infimrmation, is unlikely to reflect that much on other hives.

And as to theri feding, what about cell cultures? they can grow gells in a cotroled envirmnment, sort of like a winery, keeping certain batches in to "age" or feeding on frest ones, that way you still get the flavor, without the need to feed on an actualy human.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                I just don't get the SG creators' fascination with the Replicators, or the dull as ever Ancients. Neither groups have any sort of personality. Just boring as heck.

At least the Wraith know how to tell a good joke!

knock, knock.

Who's there?

Imur.

Imur who?

Imur death, that is all you need to know.

das
                Exactly. I always found the replicator business overdone and dull to the extreme, until they mixed the Wraiths in there (Todd) and whipped their butts.

It must be someone's pet creation and the rest of the staff on SGA are doing the usual mutual kiss ass thing and putting replicators in the mix. Although, somehow they had to resolve that bit they've put in the last scene with Weir after they destroy the replicator planet. Given that Weir quit the show... now they're stuck with it and nowhere to go.

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                What did the fat saturated cholesterol leaden hamburger said to the human who is about to take a big bite of him?

Spoiler:
                I'm yur death buddy, so enjoy hehe!
                I'll never think of a hamburger the same way.

Hee!

Needed that. Kinda down right now. Didn't feel well this evening...and just am in a negative mood overall. Right now I'm contemplating how healthy it is for me to like the 'bad guys', seeing as every time I hear about a possible upcoming Wraith episode, I start bracing myself for disappointment. I should be looking forward to the shows, not dreading them. After The Queen, I'm wondering if I should just step away from the show...not sure I want to know what lies ahead. It's just very frustrating, because I know what I want is never going to happen. IF any Wraith survive, it'll be a miracle...and I'm not sure I'd be happy with just one (like Todd) finding a way to get along with people without eating them. The writers have all said that they have no intentions of having any other Wraith become allies like Todd has been, so - why hold out hope for something that's never going to happen, except in fan fic, which I don't read?

Yeah, I'm in one of those moods.

On top of it, I realized while watching tonight's episode that I really don't care about any of the human characters. Some I like well enough, but I don't care about them - they could go away and I wouldn't miss them at all. So, again - why watch a show where the only characters I like are the ones that have no chance of surviving?

Ugh...I hate feeling like this...really - ESPECIALLY over a silly tv show. It's so stupid (and why I don't watch tv shows as a rule - they make me mad...lol. I should stick with rugby and the news).

das
                I understand what you mean. I'm almost ready to quit watching the show, unless I can continue to watch it just for entertainment with no emotional commitment. I hate to project the story into my mold and then be predictably disappointed. That's why lately I've been lurking more and speculating less, and certainly investing less in it. It's afterall, just a show with characters created by writers. I keep telling myself...

That's why, in some ways, I am sorry I started the HONOR fic. I'm having far greater fun with it than watching the show, and I've taken it so away from the show, that I have the feeling that by the time I finish, I'll quit watching SGA. Sounds radical, I know. I'll probably continue to watch because it's my routine now on Friday evening.

I hope you feel better. Heck, I know you'll feel better. You're going through the usual fases of fandom. I had a graph once about it. If I find it I'll post it. It's really a hoot!

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                Hi keeperofthehive,

Hmmmm...... Steve doing the Macarena, line dancing, The strip of the seven vails or maybe the bunny hop dance or maybe pole dancing. Oh it's getting late and i am getting silly

LS
                Oooooh... pole dancing. Sleezyhands Eddy? Yeah...

Steve is definitely a Macarena Wraith.

Todd? The tango, no question about it.

Greg? Break dancing.

The Wraith in the Rising? Swan Lake.

All right. I'm going.
                HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

I understand what you mean. I'm almost ready to quit watching the show, unless I can continue to watch it just for entertainment with no emotional commitment. I hate to project the story into my mold and then be predictably disappointed. That's why lately I've been lurking more and speculating less, and certainly investing less in it. It's afterall, just a show with characters created by writers. I keep telling myself...

That's why, in some ways, I am sorry I started the HONOR fic. I'm having far greater fun with it than watching the show, and I've taken it so away from the show, that I have the feeling that by the time I finish, I'll quit watching SGA. Sounds radical, I know. I'll probably continue to watch because it's my routine now on Friday evening.

I hope you feel better. Heck, I know you'll feel better. You're going through the usual fases of fandom. I had a graph once about it. If I find it I'll post it. It's really a hoot!

Greg? Break dancing.

All right. I'm going.
                  I found that the fanfic has helped me stay positive about the show. I really enjoy the different routes that fan writers take. They are able to make the story theirs, and it can be completely different than where show is going. They give us insight to new characters and create histories for them. The writing is so diverse and creative, it make you see the show in a new light. I know the show may not go along the lines that I want it to, but hopefully it will continue to inspire others, and in turn give me more to enjoy

Bob- crumping
                  Last edited by masterling; 16 August 2008, 12:27 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Exactly. I always found the replicator business overdone and dull to the extreme, until they mixed the Wraiths in there (Todd) and whipped their butts.

It must be someone's pet creation and the rest of the staff on SGA are doing the usual mutual kiss ass thing and putting replicators in the mix. Although, somehow they had to resolve that bit they've put in the last scene with Weir after they destroy the replicator planet. Given that Weir quit the show... now they're stuck with it and nowhere to go.
                    Who wrote the Ark of Truth?
                    Spoiler:
                    Theres a replicator story in it. Well they had to give Cam and Sam something to on their way to find the Ark
                    I'm not too happy with the replicator story but this was done very well and was not like the Replicator is SGA

I understand what you mean. I'm almost ready to quit watching the show, unless I can continue to watch it just for entertainment with no emotional commitment. I hate to project the story into my mold and then be predictably disappointed. That's why lately I've been lurking more and speculating less, and certainly investing less in it. It's after all, just a show with characters created by writers. I keep telling myself...
                    OK if people are not happy thats OK. Sooner or later all good things come to an end look at Battlestar G. It's OK just to watch for entertainment only you'll probably find it you decide to do more fanfic gets some ideas from your "entertainment".

You would not have started Honor unless you'd been watching SGA. So don't be sorry. If you'd just written a story like the SGA writers then you are boxing yourself in you are not a slave to Scif wants and they do have a say in what Joe M and co produce.
                    The idea of fanfix is to let your imagination fly, some writers stay within "canon" you chose not to. That's great what every road you go down. NONE OF US WILL BE COMPLETELY HAPPY WITH THE SHOW.It the nature of us all to think, we all know we can do better than SGA writers. We don't have to take into account the commercial needs of TV channels.

EDIT:- For Traveler64
                    Spoiler:
                    You'd better finish otherwise I want send the boys round- Wraithie whipped up one of her specials for you, so remember -I will be ruthless about- for the boys to come round finish story. I don't mind how long it takes

Hope you feel better soon DAS.

Hey don't forget to post the graph for us all T64 please, we can all do with a laughter please.

Greg? Break dancing.

All right. I'm going.
                    Yes you'd better go cos the thought of the Wraith in a Tutu just made me fall of my chair as I laughter too much.

Mind you Wraith in tights 9 like the male dancers wear)....... oh dear that causing gutter theoughts........

Let me save Das the trouble as she said about ****little innocent me ****before " BAD BAD BAD MCH" OK.

OK I'm done sorry for the rant about the show and fanfic ect. But I enjoy reading, I do comments -not on grammer theough being dyslexic just on ideas. I get pleasure still from the show and the fanfic and WDC is an added bonus.

MCH
                    Last edited by MCH; 16 August 2008, 10:58 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Hee!

Needed that. Kinda down right now. Didn't feel well this evening...and just am in a negative mood overall. Right now I'm contemplating how healthy it is for me to like the 'bad guys', seeing as every time I hear about a possible upcoming Wraith episode, I start bracing myself for disappointment. I should be looking forward to the shows, not dreading them. After The Queen, I'm wondering if I should just step away from the show...not sure I want to know what lies ahead. It's just very frustrating, because I know what I want is never going to happen. IF any Wraith survive, it'll be a miracle...and I'm not sure I'd be happy with just one (like Todd) finding a way to get along with people without eating them. The writers have all said that they have no intentions of having any other Wraith become allies like Todd has been, so - why hold out hope for something that's never going to happen, except in fan fic, which I don't read?

Yeah, I'm in one of those moods.

On top of it, I realized while watching tonight's episode that I really don't care about any of the human characters. Some I like well enough, but I don't care about them - they could go away and I wouldn't miss them at all. So, again - why watch a show where the only characters I like are the ones that have no chance of surviving?

Ugh...I hate feeling like this...really - ESPECIALLY over a silly tv show. It's so stupid (and why I don't watch tv shows as a rule - they make me mad...lol. I should stick with rugby and the news).

das
                      Spoiler:
                      I know what you mean. Tonight's eppy just makes me want to punch Mallozzi in the mouth and then kick him in the n*ts once he's down. "The mouth's for Elizabeth and the n*ts're for Rodney!" I can't help it, but I like Rodney. I hate it when he shows that he is emotionally hurting because he's spent his life being obnoxious to cover it up. He's a master at smoke screening his emotional vulnerability. I can identify with that. I also hate, when I can so identify with a "personality", be it in a show, movie or book, when someone says, "It's just a...." That really doesn't matter to me. Let's face it, when you, as a person, can 'identify' with a fictional personality, for whatever reason, the emotion is still real and quite personal.

It's okay, das. Some people escape the drudgery of their lives through video games, some us primarily through books and music and others through tv and music. It's all fantasy through which we make ours lives bearable, and it's okay.
                      Wraithie

Edit for Trav64:
                      Spoiler:
                      Every night I leave canon at the garbage can, and I fantasize what I damn well please! Write away, Sugar, write away! It's your fantasy.
                      Last edited by Wraithworshipper; 16 August 2008, 01:37 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi at all

I see here new worshippers Welcome from me

Hmm Wraiths can Dance?? Now where is the "John Travolta" of the Wraith?? Todd??
                        Ha Greese a la Wraith

Why the human kill all good looking Wraith?? I was so sad if Tyre kill Rhys

I have hear that Michael is the mysterious scientist, who changed the DNA from Teylas people???

Comment

Originally posted by kzaciswan View Post

Vegetarian wraith.
                          Supposedly the word "vegetarian" comes from the Latin "vegetus" which refers to "whole, sound, vigorous, enliven". So since the Wraith are energy-feeders and ingest the very thing that enlivens their living prey, are they technically vegetarians??

Comment

Originally posted by Degilwen View Post
                            I have hear that Michael is the mysterious scientist, who changed the DNA from Teylas people???
                            It's only speculation. In fact, I hope not! We need more wraith, not to reuse the ones we already know. And Michael is not even a true wraith any more.
                            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey thanks everyone who sent me a birthday Happy!! Feel quite loved--have been insanely busy and just got back from Vancouver (such a beautiful city!!). I am attempting to put my blog together. However, as always I am hopelessly inept at simple technology. It's called The Talking House, but you may have difficulty finding it as I don't quite have it up and running and therefore have switched off "the anybody" can read thingy in the permission thingy.

Anyhow, big cakie kiss!

Byeeee

WK
                              "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                I know what you mean. Tonight's eppy just makes me want to punch Mallozzi in the mouth and then kick him in the n*ts once he's down. "The mouth's for Elizabeth and the n*ts're for Rodney!" I can't help it, but I like Rodney. I hate it when he shows that he is emotionally hurting because he's spent his life being obnoxious to cover it up. He's a master at smoke screening his emotional vulnerability. I can identify with that. I also hate, when I can so identify with a "personality", be it in a show, movie or book, when someone says, "It's just a...." That really doesn't matter to me. Let's face it, when you, as a person, can 'identify' with a fictional personality, for whatever reason, the emotion is still real and quite personal.
                                Spoiler:
                                I didn't get a chance to really watch it as I kept getting distracted. But, from what I did get to see, I did really feel for both Rodney and Elizabeth. Though, it would have been nice if
                                Spoiler:
                                Torri Higginson had decided to reprise the role herself. Oh, well.
                                I identify with characters that I watch/read about all the time. I don't cry that often, but getting into a tv show or a really good book, can totally get the water works going. I did get to see the ending and it brought tears to my eyes. I do understand exactly what you're saying.

It's okay, das. Some people escape the drudgery of their lives through video games, some us primarily through books and music and others through tv and music. It's all fantasy through which we make ours lives bearable, and it's okay.
                                Wraithie
                                Well said! I know that I look forward to breaking the monotony of my every day life by doing all those things you just said.

Edit for Trav64:
                                Spoiler:
                                Every night I leave canon at the garbage can, and I fantasize what I damn well please! Write away, Sugar, write away! It's your fantasy.
                                Spoiler:
                                Yeah, who needs canon when we can do whatever we want with characters ourselves? It certainly is more interesting than a lot of what the writers come up with!

Banner made by gypsy_morph AKA JenKM1216.

Comment

Working...
                                X