Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
    O, another thought--so many thoughts--wraith teeth: Has anyone had a good look at their teeth? My favourite pair fangs belonged to the queen in SOW. They were white and long and even. There weren't any smaller teeth wedged between everything. On the other hand, Bob had back molars--dirty and spotted brown like the rest of his mouth, but he definitely had the back grain grinders.

I'm gonna go back and look at some of the other teeth.

WK

Oh, heavens! Stop thinking!
    HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

Michael's quarters look like the quarters on a ship, albeit a bit spacious--but look! EEeeew what's that under his bed--What the IS that?

Spoiler:

Yuck! Revolting.

WK
      "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

I think at the end of the day, we all LOVE to think about the wraith in a way that is accessible to us, but they definitely are the enigma that is the Wraith. Perhaps we wouldn't have such good discussions if we knew more about them. Today, I was thinking about the Keeper and how beautiful she was, this is when I realized 'hey, she's not a queen, and everyone's asleep. Who's she dollin' herself up for?' She wears make-up, she has little shiny thingies in her hair and she has on this beautiful gown with cut off arm sleeves. She's not the queen, so she doesn't have to wear "power suits". What's a girl to do with all that time, and no one intelligent and handsome and protective to talk to but Mr. Mantis Man. Perhaps they're both (wink, wink) takin' care of HIVE business together? Hmmm? We know they're at least using the same stylist.

Also, wraith living: I always thought they sort of lived like us. Michael's quarters looked pretty much like what you'd see on any ship but darker and in wraith style. All the queen needed was a drop down tv and a remote--the way she was sitting on her throne. And Todd seemed quite comfy on the grass sleeping or chillaxing with Shep. When the wraith was setting up camp next to the river in Elia's vision, his camp looked like any make shift human shelter--like the one Tayla and Keller made on Athos. What other example?...Elia had her own room and slept in a bed. She made tea and cookies long before she thought there would be any visitors. Even though cookies don't provide much nutritional benefits (for anyone) they are probably her comfort food.

I'm going to go take a look at the sleeping/living spaces of the wraith again. One thing I thought was a luxury: Michael had a window right next to his bed. Oh also, after Michael became a human for the first time, he seemed to have no difficulty whatsoever adjusting to living in an apartment. Perhaps the wraith are more like us than we think. ( heh, heh )

WK
        Michael's quarters--you mean that room in... was it Allies? Part II? I forgot all about that! It did look like quite a decent arrangement, albeit spartan.

I was also struck by that scene in CG when Todd sretched out on the grass to rest and then sleep.

And now my thoughts drift to Steve and the scene where he was meditating (?) in his cell. Now I remember something else: Steve was playing with his guard's mind. Todd never tried that. Or, did the writers just abandon that line.

BTW, WC--where are you located? You don't sound American (you write favour instead of favor...), but you seem to be around the same time I am.

Steve: We're going to find your world and feed on you.

sigpic

Comment

Michael's quarters look like the quarters on a ship, albeit a bit spacious--but look! EEeeew what's that under his bed--What the IS that?

Spoiler:

Yuck! Revolting.

WK
          WHAT is it, indeed? I can't even begin to guess. I tossed dessicated body? A cacoon? Ugh... Or just the light playing tricks. Can you get a closer look of that?

sigpic

Comment

Well, I haven't been here for a while so there were a lot of posting to be read.

First off did we find out who that Wraith was? It won't be Rhys or Todd I think he is a different Wraith we won't know until season five.

I still think the Wraith were a genetic experiment with the Ancients. I think they were trying to incorporate Iratus bug DNA into human subjects to see how the regenerative capabilities worked but, the DNA recombinant mutated and, the Wraith were created.

The ancients then abandon the experiment and left the subject to fend for themselves. Would n't it be interesting to find out how the Wraith were created but, then it is up to the writers. I wonder if there are a 'group' of Wraith female who's sole purpose it to give bith to the young like the face Wraith or future queens. that too would be up to the writers.

LS

Comment

Hey and look, does this imply this wraith was eating animals?

Spoiler:

What is the world coming to?

WK

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                Well, I haven't been here for a while so there were a lot of posting to be read.

First off did we find out who that Wraith was? It won't be Rhys or Todd I think he is a different Wraith we won't know until season five.

I still think the Wraith were a genetic experiment with the Ancients. I think they were trying to incorporate Iratus bug DNA into human subjects to see how the regenerative capabilities worked but, the DNA recombinant mutated and, the Wraith were created.

The ancients then abandon the experiment and left the subject to fend for themselves. Would n't it be interesting to find out how the Wraith were created but, then it is up to the writers. I wonder if there are a 'group' of Wraith female who's sole purpose it to give bith to the young like the face Wraith or future queens. that too would be up to the writers.

LS
                OWha ha ha my thoughtses exactly.

WK

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
                  WHAT is it, indeed? I can't even begin to guess. I tossed dessicated body? A cacoon? Ugh... Or just the light playing tricks. Can you get a closer look of that?
                  I'll try, but I don't know if I want to. Maybe it's like...eewww....grody image place. Squee. I can't make myself think about it. Maybe it's his spitoon. Oh, yuck.

WK

Comment

Hey and look, does this imply this wraith was eating animals?

Spoiler:

What is the world coming to?

WK
                    Doesn't it look a bit like what Michael has under his bed? Midnight snacks?

Yeah... lives in a hovel, looks hot. The outfit looks kind of new and shiny. Todd's looked in CG as if ready to fall apart. Yet, it held all those years.

Wondering now--could it be that the outfits are also made of some 'renewable' organic material? Kind of repairs itself? Anyway, they seem quite durable.

sigpic

Comment

Michael's quarters--you mean that room in... was it Allies? Part II? I forgot all about that! It did look like quite a decent arrangement, albeit spartan.

I was also struck by that scene in CG when Todd sretched out on the grass to rest and then sleep.

And now my thoughts drift to Steve and the scene where he was meditating (?) in his cell. Now I remember something else: Steve was playing with his guard's mind. Todd never tried that. Or, did the writers just abandon that line.

BTW, WC--where are you located? You don't sound American (you write favour instead of favor...), but you seem to be around the same time I am.

Steve: We're going to find your world and feed on you.
                      Canadian.

The reason I write my initials as WK and not WC because a WC is a toilet and I eat cake not crap. (I'm making myself laugh. Yes, yes I know laughing at my own jokes) So, Wraith Cake or WK.

WK

Comment

Spoiler:

Yuck! Revolting.

WK
                        Hmmmm..... Micheal's quarters- I wonder if Micheal got kicked down to the lower decks of the hive. Did the housekeeper got fed on because the quarter were n't kept clean or, maybe that is his secret human stash under the bed. LOL

LS

Comment

Oh, heavens! Stop thinking!

I have to STOP THINKING!!! so much; I keep asking my man if he could just find that button at the back of my head--I don't think he's looked hard enough, I could take a brain break for a bit.

WK

Comment

Canadian.

The reason I write my initials as WK and not WC because a WC is a toilet and I eat cake not crap. (I'm making myself laugh. Yes, yes I know laughing at my own jokes) So, Wraith Cake or WK.

WK
                            Oh, my gosh! My profuse apologies!!!! I thought something didn't quite look right when I wrote that, but having the brain of a butterfly, it didn't connect in my mind! Now I'm laughing also...

I kind of thought you were Canadian, probably on the West Coast as well. That's how you recognized that the muffin Wraiths had a Canadian 'accent', not American. I can't distinguish between the two--heck, I have a REAL accent; yah know, the Zsa Zsa kind.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                              Hmmmm..... Micheal's quarters- I wonder if Micheal got kicked down to the lower decks of the hive. Did the housekeeper got fed on because the quarter were n't kept clean or, maybe that is his secret human stash under the bed. LOL

LS
                              Ha ha ha ha LOL!!

It looks like spit, or insect hives. Oh, there is this disgusting picture I will post here. I just have to find it. A guy found a large black spider nesting in his garage and it had all of it's babies around it. It sort of looks like this. I'm going to see if I can find it. Then I'm off to bed. Though I know I'll have this disgusting picture in my head.

WK

Comment

I kind of thought you were Canadian, probably on the West Coast as well. That's how you recognized that the muffin Wraiths had a Canadian 'accent', not American. I can't distinguish between the two--heck, I have a REAL accent; yah know, the Zsa Zsa kind.
                                The muffin Wraiths are played by Canadian actors.

It's pronounced Zed PM not, Zee PM. LOL

LS

Comment

Working...
                                X