Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Risem View Post
    I guess it would depend on how their liver works; if it's relatively human-like then I'd say the effects would be the same.
    I think they gave ants alcohol once in a experiment; they got drunk and kept falling over lol. That's assuming the ant is anything like the Iratus bug.

"Many of us have noticed that bees or yellow jackets cannot fly well after having drunk the juice of overripe fruits or berries; bears have been seen to stagger and fall down after eating fermented honey; and birds often crash or fly haphazardly while intoxicated on ethanol that occurs naturally as free-floating microorganisms convert vegetable carbohydrates to alcohol." - wiki

Haha, now I'm imagining a drunk wraith piloting a hive. Never drink a fly!
    Booze could affect them in some way maybe thats why Shawn only took sips because he was flying his cruiser. To get falling down drunk in front of a human could be very embarrassing it would make him look weak. I mean being drunk in front of your food would not look good

LS

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
      Booze could affect them in some way maybe thats why Shawn only took sips because he was flying his cruiser. To get falling down drunk in front of a human could be very embarrassing it would make him look weak. I mean being drunk in front of your food would not look good

LS
      Haha, yeah I think Shawn would totally embarrass himself if he drank more.

Comment

Ha Ha he could be the poster Wraith for 'Don't drink and, fly you hive" Can you imagine Todd being drunk?

LS

Comment

Ha Ha he could be the poster Wraith for 'Don't drink and, fly you hive" Can you imagine Todd being drunk?

LS
          Haha, that would be funny!

*grins*

Comment

I got a bit sidetracked from making wallies stupid games

But have this:

Spoiler:

Great artworks everyone, there's too much to quote
            And I'll bet I've just missed half of what's been written here will be back later to take a better look.

*back to games*

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
              very nice, (won't let green, bad computer!)

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
              Well, I just posted 2 new weirdnesses on JM's blog. Well...the first one is fun, the second a bit serious in my 'you better save the Wraith' kinda way.

Now - go support me!!
              i'll head over tomorrow, too late now and i want to have a ramble about a few things.

Yeah - but I was thinking more along the lines of
              Spoiler:
              belly-button shooters...

das
              we can do both. I think it would be hilarious if someone rubbed Todds tummy and told him he had a soft squishy middle.
              i really do hope Steve doesn't have an outie.

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
              About The Queen!!!!!

Spoiler:
              Christopher Heyerdahl, who portrays the show’s resident Wraith Todd, heads back to Stage 2 for his next scene, along with another actor who is making his début as Atlantis’s first bald Wraith commander. Close behind them is Rachel Luttrell, looking quite unlike her usual style as Teyla. It is all in aid of the fifth season episode The Queen, where she disguises herself as a Queen Wraith to gain the confidence of the enemy and, in doing so, carry out a plan that could change the Wraith’s feeding habits and help save Humankind.

Holy carp, Das, YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              time for a happy maniac dance through the house

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
              I can see Todd as the leader of the 'new' Wraith, relying on help from the Lanteans to protect his hive(s) from the Wraith who reject the new way, but all the while remaining a threat because he's still Wraith, powerful and aggressive and able to feed on humans if he so desires. I could certainly live with something like that.

das
              this would be great to see, but Todd can not be too dependant on Atlantis or it will make him appear weak, it was starting to go that way for me in S4.

I was thinking that too when it comes to their feeding habits, but their amazing healing would suggest a very high metabolic rate. Maybe their metabolic rates change i.e. VERY slow while hibernating and VERY fast while healing.
              Also maybe this change is conscious...
              Quite probable. Been watching documentaries with snakes, after feeding all the snakes internal organs go into overdrive to digest the meal. No reason the wraith couldn't speed up and slow theirs down when particular circumstances arise.
              sigpic
              FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

great art Risem and Sheirrh!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                  So we are back to
                  Spoiler:
                  Teyla calling Todd daddy? Or we suspected Michael before? But that could explain Teyla joining the Wraith if she's going to do that. She always talks about her father so much. Imagine how shocking it would be for her to discover that she has another 'dad'
                  Lol, yeah. But someone has told me that on the comment for the ep, it's really said the scientist wanted to feel where his food was, so a kind of detecting system, and I can't imagine Todd or Michael wanting this...

Maybe it was a Hunter scientist's experiment?

Or just someone who was tired of his food getting away. It doesn't really fit Todd. And if Michael was the experimenter, it would be poetic justice. But he's maybe a bit too angry for that. You'd think the one who did the experiments had more perspective when something alike happened to him...?

Kinda like Todd has...

I'll shut it now, cos else we're back at our fav subject being it.

It was said that we are supposed to know
                  Spoiler:
                  a new Wraith caste - the Hunters. I think the Sateda Wraith King belonged to it - creepy guy he was. Hence the bald Wraith to appear. It is possible that after all these betrayals Todd had no choice but to ally with Hunters. It may cause problems, especially with Ronon. We know he has some respect for Todd but for a Hunter?
                  Ola,
                  Spoiler:
                  you're having Todd join with the Hunters already? I don't think Todd would be too fond of those. Todd realizes they're in a food crisis, and those Hunters aren't doing anything to improve that, waste precious energy for a sport.

Todd and the Hunters don't appear in the same episode, even! The Hunters are in Tracker(s), something Todd has nothing to do with!

And we might end up blowing up that Hive, I sure hope so. I think there's a possibility that it's only that Hive who's doing the hunting? The Hive of that Satedan Icky Wraith? After the death of their Commander, someone else took over, and they're continuing with the sport, probably. View it like a flying fitness Hive...

So them going boom is good. Some Wraith joined a Hive out of interest for the sport, would be a nice theme. Maybe there's another Hive out there like that, but maybe not.

Better tag it. I almost forgot.

Ha Ha he could be the poster Wraith for 'Don't drink and, fly you hive" Can you imagine Todd being drunk?http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/icon10.gif
                  In Belgium, that whole 'no drinking and driving together' campaign is called 'Bob', so maybe he should do it?

Although Shawn was the drinking one...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheirrh View Post
                    I got a bit sidetracked from making wallies stupid games

But have this:

Spoiler:
                    http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/sheirrh/keeper_090wcopy.jpg[/IMG]

*back to games*
                    Looks good to me So now you're game-addicted and wallie-addicted But don't worry, everybody must go through it
                    Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                    Ola,
                    Spoiler:
                    you're having Todd join with the Hunters already? I don't think Todd would be too fond of those. Todd realizes they're in a food crisis, and those Hunters aren't doing anything to improve that, waste precious energy for a sport.

Todd and the Hunters don't appear in the same episode, even! The Hunters are in Tracker(s), something Todd has nothing to do with!

And we might end up blowing up that Hive, I sure hope so. I think there's a possibility that it's only that Hive who's doing the hunting? The Hive of that Satedan Icky Wraith? After the death of their Commander, someone else took over, and they're continuing with the sport, probably. View it like a flying fitness Hive...

So them going boom is good. Some Wraith joined a Hive out of interest for the sport, would be a nice theme. Maybe there's another Hive out there like that, but maybe not.
                    I thought about this alliance because
                    Spoiler:
                    we guessed that the bald Wraith is Kenny. While Teyla goes negotiating with Todd, the rest stay with Kenny. But all that alliance thing is sheer speculation

And please, don't call me Ola

Icarium

Comment

Hey guys, what do you think of my new sig?
                      Photomanips are hard. I now have great respect for all you sig makers and wallpaper makers!

Comment

I like it - but it is a tad crowded - maybe one queen less would make the single ones more prominent (but that is maybe just me)
                        Well done Risem!

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, what do you think of my new sig?
                          Photomanips are hard. I now have great respect for all you sig makers and wallpaper makers!
                          It's a bit crowded as Shanthaia said but it's what happens when you can't choose between so many great pictures I know the problem very well You'll see, next one will be easier to make! And this one is good
                          Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
                          I like it - but it is a tad crowded - maybe one queen less would make the single ones more prominent (but that is maybe just me)
                          Well done Risem!
                          We haven't seen any sig from you for a while. Are you on sig-detox?

Icarium

Comment

I

We haven't seen any sig from you for a while. Are you on sig-detox?

Icarium
                            RL is getting in the way - vrey busy at the moment

sigpic

Comment

I thought about this alliance because
                              Spoiler:
                              we guessed that the bald Wraith is Kenny. While Teyla goes negotiating with Todd, the rest stay with Kenny. But all that alliance thing is sheer speculation

Icarium
                              Spoiler:
                              the bald wraith is the commander of the other hive in TQ, not kenny.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
                                RL is getting in the way - vrey busy at the moment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                the bald wraith is the commander of the other hive in TQ, not kenny.
                                Acknowledged

Icarium

Comment

Working...
                                X