Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
    Not quite the same thing, but I'd have thought the male genes would be the dominant of the two in the society, since there -appear- to be so few females. I don't know whether that'd also extend to the female -> male change that happens in a fetus, or that for the Wraith it'd be a matter of male -> female.

And I love to rp, but I have never really done it on a forum before
    Maybe that is where their insect part kicks in. Most insect species have the ability to control the gender of their offspring. The "standard" gender would be male with new females only born when the queen chooses to do so.
    sigpic
    Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
    Spoiler:
    Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
    You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Ohh, its fun and easy once you've learned how. All it is is playing your part.

[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rachelle View Post
        RP sure is fun
        Easy or not depends on many things though.
        sigpic
        Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
        Spoiler:
        Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
        You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

How is it "managed" with such a potentially big group?
          sigpic

Comment

Not quite the same thing, but I'd have thought the male genes would be the dominant of the two in the society, since there -appear- to be so few females. I don't know whether that'd also extend to the female -> male change that happens in a fetus, or that for the Wraith it'd be a matter of male -> female.

Okay, so I just read an article on male lactation. Okay guys, don't get freaked out but I'll tell you what I've found out. In some minor species ie wolves, lions, gibbons, certain fruit bates, goats and of course humans male lactation is obviously not an "equal" task, but it is a possible one brought on by extreme conditions. When a male of a species feels fairly certain the off-spring he rears is his own, there is a higher likelihood of male lactation simply put, lactation equals more investment from the male of the species. If a male is not certain that a female he has just inseminated has also gotten insemination from another male while he wasn't looking, he is less likely to become invested in the rearing of the off-spring. Minor species (I suppose species within a broader category) need fairly equal involvement of both parents for survival of the foetus (Can. spelling) and later the child. The males of these minor species use their abilities in more productive ways such as guarding, and hunting and protecting. A male lion's talents are better used to ward off hyenas than nursing his cubs. However, in extreme situation of starvation this is the purpose of male lactation. This was first noted in POWs from WWII and Nazi camp survivors. The production of lactation in males is caused by the
            Spoiler:
            I want to be PG here, even though we are discussing biology: the over stimulation of the male mammary glands. This also happens with adoptive mothers who want to nurse their adopted infants.
            So, the wraith lactating? Hmmm. I always had this vision that the females nursed the young until they reached puberty--all the wraith regenerative abilities allow female wraith to maintain their "perkiness" I guess.

Males wouldn't lactate probably because wraith culture is not a monogamous one. I can't see them being monogamous.

wwii/ wraith cake
            "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Worshipper View Post
              Ha ha. Doooon't worry. Eric wasn't mentioned in any episode--I thought the same when I first read the forum. *We* have our own names that we give our wraithlings. The Stargate writers just haven't caught on yet, or maybe they have.... He's the one who eats on Condemned (Am I right guys/gals or am I too imagining things???)

wraith cake
              Shawn was in Condemned. Erik was in Allies.

Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post
              @ Wraithie, thanks for the info on memory loss and its affects.
              You're welcome.

Hey I wanna see 'animated siggy' Wherz it at??

I'm glad to hear everything is okay (relatively) with your parents. Please keep us posted. It can be sooo terrifying!!

wwii/ wraith cake
              Spoiler:

Are you kidding? What the H*!!! Sick. I truly do NOT understand maniacs who find such things thrilling. I have been concerned. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.
              wwii/ wraith cake
              That's pretty much how we feel about it.
              Spoiler:
              A few years ago, the authorities were having such a problem with a specific group of arsonists, they gave the public permission to shoot them. These people were starting fires, calling it in, and waiting for the fire dept to show up. They would then make fun of them as they sped away. When some fire fighters tried to stop them, for the next fire, they brought a pit bull and brandished a gun as they sped off. The police said to consider them armed and dangerous and to treat them with 'prejudice'. That unofficially means "Shoot the b*st*rds!"

AND:
              Spoiler:
              Everything has calmed down now. There aren't any new fires, so the fire fighters are getting a chance to catch some rest. This is just the beginning of fire season...yes...we have a season for it...so we're just gonna hang onto our seats and hope it's not a bad ride. Thank you for ya'lls support. It does mean a lot. Just do one more thing...choose a power and pray for us.

Wraithie
              sigpic

Comment

Greeeeeaaat.

NOW I have the image in my head of Todd breastfeeding Steve.

NOT GOOD.

Wish I could stay around and chat - but VERY tired. Got to bed around 3 am the last couple nights, so gonna turn in early tonight.

Just want to wlecome all the new posters that I haven't welcomed yet - please post and enjoy!!!

Keep the artwork and sigs coming!!

Take care...

das
                sigpic

Comment

There are rules.

Greeeeeaaat.

NOT GOOD.
                  Lol!
                  Todd: "Steve, you are ten thousand years old! I'm sure you're weaned by now!"
                  Steve:"Not quite, now come here..."

[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post
                    Methinks that TehO, with her new first officer Rachelle, are about to raid the web, wraith style! Go for it, I'll be right behind baracking for you (and Steve and Todd and Eric and Shaun and Bob and......................). (Suddenly pictures a cheerleading squad jumping up and down, the wraith guys are pleased, because they think the squad is the half time snack).
                    I would love to do some RP, but I've never done it before, and not quite sure exactly all that needs doing, so an easy RP with an easy expectations guide would be great.

You think right! >w< It'll be fun! :3 You should join us when the time comes *nod nod*

O.O Oh my, a wraith cheer-leading squad. o.o That's equally horrifying and hilarious. <3 I'd LOVE to see it- and them in squirts. >w<

And I already thought of creating a guide to introduce RPG, the rules, the hows, the do's and the don'ts! x3 Don't worry, you'll love it. <3

I find it to be best on a forum. :3 This way, you can always come back to it and you never lose what you have written. Heck, if you wanted, you could RP it in a messenger and post it on the forum (as an add-on to what you already have) and continue from there.

It's not as hard as you think. First off, it's not going to be one story that everyone participates in. It's a forum so everybody can have their own little stories. You can have a lot of people in one rp though. It's a bit difficult- especially if one drops out. The most important rule is, though, NO GOD-PLAYING. As in, you only control your character. You do not make someone else's character do, say, etc something. You see?

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                    Greeeeeaaat.

NOT GOOD.
                    I want to see that. o.o That would be.... interesting. xD And amusing. And kind of cute in a bizarre way! >w<

xD!! I love it! >w< *pulls up a chair and watches intently while eating snacks because she's weird like that*

Comment

New stuff:

Be sure to wait for the .gif to start over as I made them a tad slow this time. The images did not fully work last time, so I posted the links this time.

Wraithie

Had one really niiiice one, but PB said it was too big.
                      Last edited by Wraithworshipper; 14 May 2008, 09:28 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Very nice picture naamiaset

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                        Greeeeeaaat.

NOT GOOD.

Wish I could stay around and chat - but VERY tired. Got to bed around 3 am the last couple nights, so gonna turn in early tonight.

Just want to wlecome all the new posters that I haven't welcomed yet - please post and enjoy!!!

Keep the artwork and sigs coming!!

Take care...

das
                        There are rules.

Lol!

Though the male breastfeeding the young isn't too far off I suppose, and wraith are after all half mamal at least

sigpic

Comment

NO GOD-PLAYING. As in, you only control your character. You do not make someone else's character do, say, etc something. You see?
                          Yea, and you can't have a character that can't die. That just ruins it. I mean, it doesn't mean you have to die, but if you get feed on by a wraith, you ain't coming back.

[/url]

Comment

Yea, and you can't have a character that can't die. That just ruins it. I mean, it doesn't mean you have to die, but if you get feed on by a wraith, you ain't coming back.
                            Originally posted by TehOpheliac View Post
                            The most important rule is, though, NO GOD-PLAYING. As in, you only control your character. You do not make someone else's character do, say, etc something. You see?
                            I understand both of these terms.

Spoiler:
                            My characters do tend to have some aspects of weirdness due to my AS though. It's probably nearly impossible for me to play a "normal" minded one until I work out what this body language and thought-guessing malarky is about. In RP I also tend to focus quite a bit on description and little details.
                            Last edited by The Veldt; 15 May 2008, 12:47 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I've been putting off coming here a while! I have to catch up on SOOOOOO many pages. It's scary and intimidating.

What have I missed? *giggles*

Comment

[QUOTE=Wraithworshipper;8231806
                                as per your request.
                                [/QUOTE]
                                the morphing siggy
                                That's brill!, it's a shame you couldn't keep it up.

Spoiler:
                                I think Todd's imprisonment changed him a great deal. There are a few things he seems to have learned: 1/ humans really are just as dangerous as the wraith and just as pitiless i.e. his need to feed was used as a double weapon of torture by Kolia. (Though I doubt Kolia thinks twice on the matter of wraith suffering.) 2/ Pride in captivity (think of Steve's pride on Atlantis) becomes rather pointless: it doesn't set you free, and humans don't care how much you do or don't tell them unless what you tell them is useful for them to know. Whatever Todd's "wraith secrets" they were inessential for Kolia's purposes. 3/ Just as the wraith consider human beings quarry and chattel in effect they are superior to us, Kolia and his men consider the wraith to be "things" and "its" only useful for exploiting. Therefore, I think Todd understands now, that it is not a matter of genetic superiority or some intangible quality of 'glory' that makes the wraith powerful, it really is "might = right". This, again therefore, makes it easier for Todd to have an alliance with the Lantians. They have the "might" ergo they are "right" or superior or whatever. Finally 4/ when Todd says to Sheppard "you are more like wraith than you know" he says this to him after Shep insists that his people would rescue them. Todd believed, like Bob and Steve that his people would rescue them. Todd no longer believed that. This I think accounts for his somewhat laissez faire attitude toward other wraith dying at human hands. Todd is now seeing the wraith's need to feed (like Michael) for what it is "a significant vulnerability". And it really is a significant vulnerability--they need our "something" in order to survive. I guess it would be like us needing blood transfusions from a group of people that are very dangerous such as psychopaths.

Just a few thoughts

wwii/wraith cake
                                Definately worth thinking about, now lets see what they have Todd do about it in S5.

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                                masterling, after I saw your sateda wraith painting, I decided to try corel paint. it is NOT as easy as the site makes it look.

Spoiler:
                                very pretty naami, if one can consider snarly bob pretty. I like the ghostly glow.

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
                                New stuff:

Be sure to wait for the .gif to start over as I made them a tad slow this time. The images did not fully work last time, so I posted the links this time.

Wraithie

Had one really niiiice one, but PB said it was too big.
                                all good but i can't see the last one
                                shame about the fifth one
                                sigpic
                                FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Working...
                                X