Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
    That what we same was a normal drone hatching - we never saw clones

speculation ran wild here as how the faced wraith come to be, and if only queens are borne as kids
    Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
    in spoils of war, the cloning never began. the queen supplied the genetic material for the two "batches" of drones, so I assume it was the natural process.

*edit... shanthaia and I think alike. she posted right before I did.
    Thanks about the drones
    I personally think that the commander/scientist wraith would have to be raised, simply because they'd need to be taught all the technical stuff.
    sigpic

Comment

that is pretty much my conclusion as well

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post
        Thanks about the drones
        I personally think that the commander/scientist wraith would have to be raised, simply because they'd need to be taught all the technical stuff.
        there's been tons of speculation about this. raising young is probably left to the males, since queens aren't the nuturing type.

Comment

Do you remember missbigotten? - there where bald humans running around - we wondered many pages back - why? - maybe we get an answer - at least we see that it wasn't just a plot hole to save some white wigs (which was probably the main reason anyway )
          Actually, the thought that crossed my mind was that the writers wanted a clear and unmistakeable contrast between Todd and this commander--for instance, in some kind of fight or scene with many Wraiths, this commander and Todd would be distinguishable. Far fetched, I know. Perhaps the 'bald' fits the personality better.

Now that they've made Wraiths with specific persona and personality, they have to distinguish them physically as well.

Rambling off again. Don't take it serious.
          HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

I think there has to be a "normal" way of reproduction. Didn´t someone mention in one of those epis that the discovery of the cloning facilities turned the tide of war? Could have been Todd but i´m not sure
            sigpic
            Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
            Spoiler:
            Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
            You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Do you remember missbigotten? - there where bald humans running around - we wondered many pages back - why? - maybe we get an answer - at least we see that it wasn't just a plot hole to save some white wigs (which was probably the main reason anyway )
              By the way!

I absolutely adore/love/worship your sigs with the 'culling conditions'. They are fantastic! I can't say which I prefer, they're all soooooo good.
              HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

- THANK YOU!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
                  Just in case anyone remembers the little fanfic I wrote starring JM, BlueJay outed me on his blog (as I didn't have the guts to do it myself). Yes. I did say that anyone who wanted to 'out' me had my permission, but BlueJay went just that extra mile!

BlueJay

Wraithworshipper

Love ya, Sweetie! Mean it! That wallie may take me awhile, but I'll come up with something!

Wraithie

Ish kneeling like Steve seeing if his meditation stance works.... Begins quietly chanting, "Ohmmm! Shanthaiaaaa, Ashimjaraaaa, Naamiaiseeet."
                  I had to. What are the odds of him actually passing it on though? I'd love it if he printed it out and it did the rounds of the other writers offices.
                  You'd kill me then wouldn't ya!
                  When i went back there it said something about moderation, what does that mean? It makes me think of the moderators that came to our school whenever someone tossed a chair.

You and Das are both picking on me over there, what fun, he must think we're all nuts.

Quick note

Spoiler:
                  I really couldn't help myself. If theres' grammer mistakes, please tell.

Go on and make some more entries for the wraith dictionary.

Originally posted by Rachelle View Post
                  Lol. I can't imagine a bunch of singing wraiths.

Steve: "I feel pretty, o so pretty..."

I could see Steve looking into a mirror and stroking his hair while singing that.
                  sigpic
                  FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
                    Just calendars?
                    Naaah think big.
                    I want some Wraith-bedclothes,a Wraith-mug,some wraithalicous Wraith-flakes and some wraith-stickers for my car (I will brake for Wraiths),computer (Wraith inside!),etc.

All designs should be made by those fantastic artists of the WDC...or get approved by them. Naturally.
                    A big yes from me. Wraith bed covers would also be awesome.

Originally posted by wraithlord View Post

Oh and i made another sig it's of Steve
                    Spoiler:

and i added the text that Sparrow_hawk suggested thanks again

Nice sigs!

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                    Make notes, ladies! Joe Mallozzi is a slave to us, Wraith lovers!

Ze proof:

MORE TODD PICCIES!!!!

PLUS!!!!

FINALLY: ZE OTHER COMMANDER!!!

Todd will forever be the most handsome Commander.

Source: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...uction-update/
                    *squees* More Todd pics!
                    Also that new commander looks kinda scary, I like the wraith with hair. But we'll have to see him in action to judge how cool he is.

And in regards to cloning the lovelies.

Spoiler:
                    I really couldn't help myself. If theres' grammer mistakes, please tell.

LOL!

Comment

I could see Steve looking into a mirror and stroking his hair while singing that.
                      Yea, thats what I was imagining too.

Steve: "Oh so pretty, and witty, and gayyy (As in happy. No one that looks like Steve could be gay. I think that would be illegal. In several countries.

[/url]

Comment

Boy, I have not been here for a week so many new members and I want to welcome the new members sorry I haven't gone by name. So a big WELCOME!!! this is a crazy place for us Wraith lovers. I love the new pictures of Todd from JM Blog and how about that bald Wraith. ha ha Well we can take a shammy and buff his head to it can shine . So, he is going to be a baddie. I like all the new siggys and the art work. I can't draw to save my life. I like to welcome back Traveler 64. Now I would like to go back and read all the new post. Got lots of catching up to do. Trying to get over a migraine head ache do to screaming at everything like my computer and other things that are not jiving in my life. I got the big "I hate my job" going on right now. I got my pay cheque today yeah, payday boy, was I ticked time to go find another better paying job. OK, I'm ranting. Oh, Well that's life. I did post at JM blog concerning the Wraith he didn't ansewer me. Maybe I got to ask non Wraith questions like GoSpikey did a couple of days ago or, maybe a week ago. Anyways take care

LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!!!!
                        LS

Comment

Off topic

ATTN das and all rugby lovers

Spoiler:
                          I forgot to mention earlier if you get a sports channel with live coverage of Aussie games,
                          Australia vs New Zealand, Centenary Match.
                          Is on at the moment, I'm really sorry for not checking if you knew or not.
                          Hope you get to see it, or are watching it right now!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                            nevermind... you didn't forget him. I just now saw the second spoiler.

Originally posted by masterling View Post
                            I do have to say, its kind of nice that we really don’t know that much about the Wraith. It leaves a lot more to the imagination and its fun to speculate.
                            Yes it is, but only to a certain degree. Or length of time. Some day, the answers must come.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                            New bald badass Wraith so needs to be named Jean-Luc (as in, 'Picard')....

Lol!

And OMG! I just had a flash to someone else when seeing him. The resemblance is stunning, really.

Unidentified Wraith from Joe's blog

vs.

Wikipedia article

He could of course just be Kenny. He can look intimidating, so Shep gives him a silly name again. And a tough Wraith should stand with the team while Teyla's on board of the other Hive. Although, he looks commander-y, ready to take over should something happen to Todd...

Yeah, I did see it, but that was a cloning facility, and there hasn't been seen any confirmation that that's how it happens normally, when they don't need to mass produce them like stormtroopers. Or has it been confirmed?
                            The cloning part happened because they needed more men, and WAY MORE men, quickly.

But the normal production of the Warriors happens like that too, but probably just on the Hives, like Rodney thought it did.

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
                            I think there has to be a "normal" way of reproduction. Didn´t someone mention in one of those epis that the discovery of the cloning facilities turned the tide of war? Could have been Todd but i´m not sure
                            It was mentioned when they found Todd in captivity, yes. Rodney might have brought that up, saying that he knew the Wraith found a way to turn the tide, but he was never sure of the exact way. And from SoW on, they did. 4 seasons in...

Originally posted by Risem View Post
                            A big yes from me. Wraith bed covers would also be awesome.
                            Omg. Imagine a Todd pillow! Since we'll never be able to really use Todd as a pillow, bed covers is what we'll have to settle for.

*squees* More Todd pics!
                            Also that new commander looks kinda scary, I like the wraith with hair. But we'll have to see him in action to judge how cool he is.
                            Yup, he seems pretty cool on the outside. I wonder what he'll act like. If it's Kenny, and the team has to be more relaxed around him, then he should show his personality, or play he has one, like Todd does? Who knows what the guy looks like when he opens his eyes!

Should I try to beg for a Teyla and Andee pic?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                              Boy, I have not been here for a week so many new members and I want to welcome the new members sorry I haven't gone by name. So a big WELCOME!!! this is a crazy place for us Wraith lovers. I love the new pictures of Todd from JM Blog and how about that bald Wraith. ha ha Well we can take a shammy and buff his head to it can shine . So, he is going to be a baddie. I like all the new siggys and the art work. I can't draw to save my life. I like to welcome back Traveler 64. Now I would like to go back and read all the new post. Got lots of catching up to do. Trying to get over a migraine head ache do to screaming at everything like my computer and other things that are not jiving in my life. I got the big "I hate my job" going on right now. I got my pay cheque today yeah, payday boy, was I ticked time to go find another better paying job. OK, I'm ranting. Oh, Well that's life. I did post at JM blog concerning the Wraith he didn't ansewer me. Maybe I got to ask non Wraith questions like GoSpikey did a couple of days ago or, maybe a week ago. Anyways take care

LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!!!!
                              LS
                              Hi LS! Yes, things have really been lively here. New members, rampant speculation, interesting theories ... just the usual for WDC only moreso.

Sorry JM didn't answer your Wraith question. But he actually answered WDC fan questions from naami and me in his mailbag on May 6 a and Spikey got mailbag answers on both May 6 *and* May 8. And we've gotten a pile of sweet Wraith pics now that they are filming The Queen. It seems like JM answers more direct SGA questions but not more philosophical ones. Just an observation. But he did get into Todd's personality a bit with his answer to me.

I love the Steve: "I feel pretty..." and the Toddlication. I might have said Toddiplication (like multiplication) but your way works too!

Off to work Hope it is less that 12 hours today.
                              Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post

Should I try to beg for a Teyla and Andee pic?
                                Yes please!

Comment

Working...
                                X