Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
    Um, das, I stopped by JM's blog to thank him for answering my question and I'm afraid that your post *does* qualify as a rant.
    Yeah. Noticed how you avoided acknowledging my rant...

I'm not going back there for a bit - I think he's tired of me. He LIKES you, and Spikey, and naami, though...so...keep pestering him.

It was positively epic. Very impressive and eloquent. I'm sure he will take it in the spirit in which it was written.
    It was whiny and sounded like I'm totally off my meds. It also sounded a bit curt in places. I wish there was an edit feature....

I figure JM has already written me off as a total nutcase.

So I have the advantage of not having seen any foul tempered associates (and mine are usually pretty nice). But you have my sympathy. Being surrounded by people in a nasty temper can really be draining.
    Spoiler:
    Thing is, they're in a mood because of me. I am not someone who is - or ever was - good at multitasking. When I was in school, I could ONLY handle school. No outside activities. No friends. Just school. After school, I worked, but lived at home - so work replaced school, and I still didn't socialize much. When I got married, everything changed in an instant. I suddenly had to take care of a home by myself, do the shopping, the laundry, and yard work - all jobs I used to share with my mom. Still had to work fulltime, and handle my husband's small part-time business (he has a reg. job, too), and then there's the social duties that comes with marriage (I'd much rather stay home), and church and volunteer work. Oh, and I still play here. Physically I get stuff done, but I'm always late and in a constant state of 'zone-out'...until I get to a computer, where - for some insane reason - I can totally focus. In real life, I'm not nearly this chatty - more of a 'uh-huh' kinda person, unless I'm nervous...then I ramble, but it's total 'pop in my brain' nonsense...nothing 'impressive and eloquent'.

/2nd rant

Yeah - gonna take some time off....

T64 - good to see you! Thought you fell off the map there for a bit...nice to have you back (just in time for my rant - poor you. )

das
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
      Hellooooooo, everyone!

I haven't been culled, just so busy and so distracted that, although I flew by this place now and then, and caught a few good discussions, I simply did not have the energy to come up with intelligent comments.

Of course, now I have so much to catch up that... I gave up. Wonderful pics and siggies everywhere. I just admired those. So nice... and soothing. I wonder what others would think of someone who finds looking at Wraiths soothing.

***strange sounding music, ,maestro, please***

I don't know how the discussion evolved after these comments, but Das et al, keep in mind that for each episode and in general, the 'spoilers' the writers/producers/pr people give are just the teaser that in no way would reveal the real ending; to the contrary, they are written to mislead you without lying outright. I know this because I've written 'hooks' for my screenplays. The word is: 'let them hear and smell the sizzle, but not taste the steak.' I bet you that it will be quite different from what we anticipate from what's written.

Todd has become for the writers too complex a character to simply turn on his allies. On the other hand... he's a wraith and one hardly expects him to become an incarnation of Ghandi, or something like that.

That is a fantastic pic of Todd/HC. Wow. Look at the detail on the uniform. Yes, there's the ring. And the hair is a bit less of a rat's nest. Just a tad...

Darn, he looks... sexy.

I wonder--is the Wraith skin cold or warm?

Yeah, that would ruin it for me too. May be subconsciously I've been keeping away from the SGA site because I really don't want to know. But, I can't help myself.

Spoiler:
      ***does double take*** Todd does WHAT to the Apollo? Just to see how he takes it over, I'm going to love watching that. I guess someone didn't come around to his proposal?

Good to be back.

And here it is--my old tired sig. But it's still My Hive, and My Hive Only.
      Welcome back, Traveler64!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
        Welcome Rachelle.

Oooh that was some short sleep. Got to get me 2-3 mugs of caf

I love the wraith and i am a man. Got no problem declaring someone of the same gender as "sexy"...guess most men do have that prob.
        In RL (Reallife..thats that place where the wraith wear ties and feed on your money) i really like people with..lets say..a strong lifeforce. Dont really care about looks. I want to feel that someone is alive..a pretty hull is worth nothing.

Guess thats why i find most wraiths REALLY sexy after they fed. They are so full of life,sometimes i´m scared they will just blow up

Or maybe i should just shut up and get me some coffee. *reads again*
        Yeah...guess thats the right thing to do
        Coffee is good--tea, now that's where it's at. Thought you were a guy. There was a study done a few years ago (I think at Yale) where a gender difference was clearly proven evident in people's writing. Women typically use different verbs than men do (less direct and toward the end of sentences). Also, the cadence--or rather the rhythm--of how women write is also typically distinct. Women tend to write in the passive voice (English grammar), men typically write in the imperative voice. A few years ago, a collegue of mine was marking a student's essay. Her student was an undergrad first year student who clearly plagiarized his essay. She couldn't prove it because she couldn't find the source, either on-line or anywhere else. Later, after she had graded the paper and passed the student he revealed to my colleague that his girlfriend wrote the paper.
        So, there you go.

Anyhoo--yes, yes the wraith are sexy and I like what Das's sister said "in a sleazy sort of way". Both the male and female wraith are incredibly sensuous. But I think it's power that makes them sexy; everyone likes power. Even though I don't feel "attraction" to the female wraith, I do find them intensely appealing to watch. They're just hot awesome baddies--what else is there to say? Yea Baddies!!

wwii/ wraith cake.
        "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
          Oh and i made another sig it's not my best and there's no text on it as i couldn't come up with anything good for it
          Spoiler:
          Look at the lips on these luscious greenies!!

wwii/ wraith cake
          "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
            Yeah. Noticed how you avoided acknowledging my rant...

I'm not going back there for a bit - I think he's tired of me. He LIKES you, and Spikey, and naami, though...so...keep pestering him.

It was whiny and sounded like I'm totally off my meds. It also sounded a bit curt in places. I wish there was an edit feature....

I figure JM has already written me off as a total nutcase.

Spoiler:
            Thing is, they're in a mood because of me. I am not someone who is - or ever was - good at multitasking. When I was in school, I could ONLY handle school. No outside activities. No friends. Just school. After school, I worked, but lived at home - so work replaced school, and I still didn't socialize much. When I got married, everything changed in an instant. I suddenly had to take care of a home by myself, do the shopping, the laundry, and yard work - all jobs I used to share with my mom. Still had to work fulltime, and handle my husband's small part-time business (he has a reg. job, too), and then there's the social duties that comes with marriage (I'd much rather stay home), and church and volunteer work. Oh, and I still play here. Physically I get stuff done, but I'm always late and in a constant state of 'zone-out'...until I get to a computer, where - for some insane reason - I can totally focus. In real life, I'm not nearly this chatty - more of a 'uh-huh' kinda person, unless I'm nervous...then I ramble, but it's total 'pop in my brain' nonsense...nothing 'impressive and eloquent'.

/2nd rant

Yeah - gonna take some time off....

T64 - good to see you! Thought you fell off the map there for a bit...nice to have you back (just in time for my rant - poor you. )

das
            das, Hon, their loss is definitely our gain! You belong with us!
            sigpic

Comment

We should band together and petition the goverment, forcing them to genetically engineer wraiths. Without the eating humans part. Just the sexy part.

[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
                Hellooooooo, everyone!
                Hello

Aahh got to calm down. What a name for a thread "Are wraith stupid?".
                Should have culled him right away
                sigpic
                Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                Spoiler:
                Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Worshipper View Post
                  Coffee is good--tea, now that's where it's at. Thought you were a guy. There was a study done a few years ago (I think at Yale) where a gender difference was clearly proven evident in people's writing. Women typically use different verbs than men do (less direct and toward the end of sentences). Also, the cadence--or rather the rhythm--of how women write is also typically distinct. Women tend to write in the passive voice (English grammar), men typically write in the imperative voice. A few years ago, a collegue of mine was marking a student's essay. Her student was an undergrad first year student who clearly plagiarized his essay. She couldn't prove it because she couldn't find the source, either on-line or anywhere else. Later, after she had graded the paper and passed the student he revealed to my colleague that his girlfriend wrote the paper.
                  So, there you go.

Anyhoo--yes, yes the wraith are sexy and I like what Das's sister said "in a sleazy sort of way". Both the male and female wraith are incredibly sensuous. But I think it's power that makes them sexy; everyone likes power. Even though I don't feel "attraction" to the female wraith, I do find them intensely appealing to watch. They're just hot awesome baddies--what else is there to say? Yea Baddies!!

wwii/ wraith cake.
                  Pfff what?
                  If i´m writing in English i´m writing like a girl? Okay. That sounds interesting. Could use some research
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
                    Pfff what?
                    If i´m writing in English i´m writing like a girl? Okay. That sounds interesting. Could use some research
                    I think she meant that from your style of writing, she figured you to be a guy! LOL
                    sigpic

Comment

Meh! Gots to go! The fresh veggies need water before it gets too dark to see! Later, all!

STAY SAFE! *Hugs*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
                        I think she meant that from your style of writing, she figured you to be a guy! LOL
                        Ok. Then i do not have to change my sig. Thought i had to add something like "the one with the girly-style" or something like that

With my bad school-english i am happy if you do understand what i write. Will take some time for me to improve. But judging the gender by a text. Never thought of that
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

I made todd and greg in calendar form.

photobucket.com/albums/ll123/naamiaiset/sga/cgc3.jpg

photobucket.com/albums/ll123/naamiaiset/sga/tdoc7.jpg

Comment

beautiful

sigpic

Comment

Looks really good
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Rachelle View Post
                                We should band together and petition the goverment, forcing them to genetically engineer wraiths. Without the eating humans part. Just the sexy part.
                                hehe.
                                Bet you would like to lay your hands on one of those wraith-cloning-facilities.
                                Mass poducing the "Sexy-non-eaters"
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X