No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do have to say, its kind of nice that we really don’t know that much about the Wraith. It leaves a lot more to the imagination and its fun to speculate.
    sigpic

Comment

New bald badass Wraith so needs to be named Jean-Luc (as in, 'Picard')....

das
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post

das

Hrhr..just imagined that bald Wraith being on Atlantis. And they would serve him some Earl Grey
        sigpic
        Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
        Spoiler:
        Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
        You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

das
          He reminded me of Cynric from King Arthur, with the braided beard (though Cynric wasn't bald, his hair was pretty short).
          Last edited by toomuchcaf; 08 May 2008, 08:26 PM. Reason: misspelling, wrote my instead of me.
          sigpic

Comment

I've been away only for a few hours, and there are pages and pages! Wow!

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
            *waves very shyly*

Hallo there...I've been lurking here for a while now, decided to get me registered at last I recently added the Wraith to my short list of obsessions...can't stop thinking about them! I've made two drawings and some icony thingies so far
            WELCOME VELDT! I am glad you've joined us. It's a friendly bunch, as I found out when I joined. Felt like I've been here from the beginning. And there's a lot of lively discussions and speculating about our Wraiths. I get overwhelmed by the volume of the posts so i don't always answer--I lose the thread--however, I do enjoy reading and the art, especially.

As for the art--bring it on!

Originally posted by AscendedAsgard View Post
            Thanks guys, Been lurking around in the forums for some time and i thought it's time to registrer and then i found this which suits me kind of perfect since i'm a big fan of the wraith

Just noticed that this thread got like 370 pages,Quite a challange to read them all. Just to keep up with the subject i'm gonna read the last 10 pages ;P
            And WELCOME also, AscendedAstard.

Yeah, I know. The reading of the 370 pages. I can't believe that I did that as well before I joined.

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
            *relaxes a little more* thank you for that

I quite liked the idea of pheromones to be honest. I was thinking that in the Hives, there'd be so many Wraith around, and what with the whole naming thing not being quite...opened up about, they'd have to have some way of identifying each other? So I thought it'd be a nice and practical idea if each Wraith would be distinguishable from others by slight differences in their smell, and maybe these "pits" would also be able to pick up the scents secreted by others of the Hive.

Um, um, here are some icons. They were quick, and easy, and probably far below what others can do, but I have limited resources and I like them. I would like to work my way through all the pictures I have to hand really Erik!

The icons are awesome! How do you guys do it? I can't even begin...

The 'pits' on the Wraiths' face has been an object of fascination. But, I think the idea of being used to detect one another and even tell their mental and emotional state is very, very plausible.

Funny part--I don't think the writers have gone into this kind of details when they wrote it originally. Now they have to.

This is highly possible. Heightened sense of smell would mean they could - perhaps - 'smell' the difference between each other, much like cats can identify one another by scent. In fact, cats have a special sensory spot on the roof of their mouth, and they have to suck air in through their mouths to smell certain scents. If you ever see a cat sniff something, then make a 'face' as if it smells something bad, that's what he's doing - sucking air in through his mouth to be able to smell the scent.

So, the 'pits' on the Wraith could easily be used to smell things WE can't - such as pheromones (which would also make sense because with an insect-based biology we can assume the Queen emits pheromones to attract males for mating...if they do it that way...)

Those are wonderful!! Erik is...Mmmmmmm....yummy!!!

(Kinda ironic that we look at the male Wraith, and wanna eat THEM! *nibble, nibble* I wonder if the guys feel the same when they look at the queens...)

das
            They can probably detect each other's emotional state and they might use scent to communicate them. Interesting though, that Todd communicates his emotions visibly (when he does...). Speaking of emotions--I always wondered why Steve was laughing/smiling just before feeding on the sick human. May be it was just the writers wanting to make him nasty. Who knows...

And by the way--we need some of those super funny Wraith dialogues of yours.

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
            I can't wait for the part where Todd obviously has to check out Teyla!
            Oh, yes. Although... I can't shake off the feeling that Wraith don't quite think that way.

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
            Make notes, ladies! Joe Mallozzi is a slave to us, Wraith lovers!

Ze proof:

MORE TODD PICCIES!!!!

PLUS!!!!

FINALLY: ZE OTHER COMMANDER!!!

Todd will forever be the most handsome Commander.

Source: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...uction-update/
            None can stand up to Todd!

A bald Wraith? Please, Joe, say it ain't so. But, interesting, nevertheless. Looks almost human. I swear, they're making the wraith look more and more human.

das
            LOVE IT! JEAN-LUC it is in my book! That is too funny!

Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post
            He reminded me of Cynric from King Arthur, with the braided beard (though Cynric wasn't bald, his hair was pretty short).
            Yeah... and what's with the bald Wraith? Shaved it off? Burnt it off? WHAT?
            HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

Do you remember missbigotten? - there where bald humans running around - we wondered many pages back - why? - maybe we get an answer - at least we see that it wasn't just a plot hole to save some white wigs (which was probably the main reason anyway )

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
                Do you remember missbigotten? - there where bald humans running around - we wondered many pages back - why? - maybe we get an answer - at least we see that it wasn't just a plot hole to save some white wigs (which was probably the main reason anyway )
                the bald humans in misbegotten were probably the warriors? they are born bald.
                Last edited by naamiaiset; 08 May 2008, 10:22 PM.

Comment

do you mean drones? - becuase it looked like they don't have eyes or a proper formed nose either

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

true... but they couldn't have faceless humans. the drones hair grows after they're "born", maybe their eyes/nose develop further too? not that having them does any good since they wear the mask.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                      true... but they couldn't have faceless humans. the drones hair grows after they're "born", maybe their eyes/nose develop further too? not that having them does any good since they wear the mask.
                      I'd like to know how the drones eat as children, coz if they need the mask to survive properly, it would be very hard to feed them (as has been pointed out that wraith young digest food, then start feeding on humans at puberty?). Which brings up the question wether female and male wraiths are birthed the same, or if the drones are ones grown to adulthood in some kind of coccoon (they obviously don't need the smarts, they just need to follow orders), while the other males are raised the same as the females.
                      sigpic

Comment

that shows youvn't seen spoils of war - should I spoil you - did I spoil you already

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
                          that shows youvn't seen spoils of war - should I spoil you - did I spoil you already
                          Yeah, I did see it, but that was a cloning facility, and there hasn't been seen any confirmation that that's how it happens normally, when they don't need to mass produce them like stormtroopers. Or has it been confirmed?
                          sigpic

Comment

That what we same was a normal drone hatching - we never saw clones

speculation ran wild here as how the faced wraith come to be, and if only queens are borne as kids

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post
                              I'd like to know how the drones eat as children, coz if they need the mask to survive properly, it would be very hard to feed them (as has been pointed out that wraith young digest food, then start feeding on humans at puberty?). Which brings up the question wether female and male wraiths are birthed the same, or if the drones are ones grown to adulthood in some kind of coccoon (they obviously don't need the smarts, they just need to follow orders), while the other males are raised the same as the females.
                              in spoils of war, the cloning never began. the queen supplied the genetic material for the two "batches" of drones, so I assume it was the natural process.

*edit... shanthaia and I think alike. she posted right before I did.

Comment

yup - great minds tend to think alike

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X