Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
    Make notes, ladies! Joe Mallozzi is a slave to us, Wraith lovers!

Ze proof:

MORE TODD PICCIES!!!!

PLUS!!!!

FINALLY: ZE OTHER COMMANDER!!!

Todd will forever be the most handsome Commander.

Source: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...uction-update/
    Thanks, Spikey! I put in a 12 hour day at work today and it really cheered me up to see the pics from Joe's blog.

This is a little off-topic but deals with Wraith fandom and how JM responds to it, so I'll leave it un-spoilered.

I don't recall who it was who said they didn't like JM's blog because he was negative and shot people down, but I would like to say that I enjoy the blog. He may not always respond to each and every question people send to him, but if he did, he would probably not have time to write and produce SGA! And the guy has more in his life than SGA, so he talks about and responds to questions about those subjects in his blog as well.

In the last week, he has responded to several of Spikey's questions, naami's and mine. We have also gotten several Wraith pics from The Queen. I think that is pretty positive with respect to the Wraith fans.

Welcome AscendedAsgard! Always nice to have new members.
    Last edited by Sparrow_hawk; 08 May 2008, 04:57 PM. Reason: fix rotten grammar
    Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

But the whole insect thing got me thinking.
      We know the Wraith are an evolution from the iratus bug. That bug was "mixed" with human DNA (either on purpose by genetic engineering or naturally as the bugs feeded on humans).
      There is one aspect about the Wraith that did REALLY shock the humans : they tend to enjoy hunting their food.
      But that has nothing to do with their insect-part. Insects (but also birds and fish) just sweep in for the kill. They feed and thats it. The concept of playing with your prey is exclusive to mammals.
      Cats,dogs,apes even humans kill for the joy of killing. Everyone that has a cat will know what i mean. You can feed them as much as you want. When they see a mouse they will hurt or kill hit and drag it through the house. Even if they are sated.
      So the reason that the humans fear the Wraith so much is not because they are so different...its because they are so much like us.

The wraith we see in "Condemned" says that he enjoys eating normal food.
      You could see that the Wraith have a sense for art. Some wraith have tattoos. Quite artistic ones.
      So....Wraith are very much like humans. They can feel joy. They understand the concept of art.
      Why did we NEVER see a wraith artist? If they paint their bodies why are there no wraith paintings or sculptures? Wraith music?
      And dont say "They are the enemy of the humans". Thats also a fact for the Goa´uld. And regarding that snakes they celebrated the cultural thing on the show.

Hmm..the producers and writers should really build a wraith city. I´m curious what it would look like. Aahh I´m thinking too much

@toomuchcaf
      Love it!
      sigpic
      Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
      Spoiler:
      Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
      You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Welcome AscendedAsgard
        @ Icarium- love TLM wallie
        @ Rachelle- TOO Funny
        @ Karhedron- "I want some Wraith-bedclothes,a Wraith-mug,some wraithalicous Wraith-flakes and some wraith-stickers for my car (I will brake for Wraiths),computer (Wraith inside!)" ROTFLMAO- those are completely awesome!! Id love to have the “Wraith inside” as a bumper sticker
        @ Veldt- nice pics. Cant wait to see more
        @GoSpikey- thanks for the latest images of CH/Todd
        @Toomuch- OMG I LOVE it!! I can definitely see that on a tee shirt

About the pit debate: remember back in Sedeta with Mr. Dark Sunglasses (Hot dark sunglasses that is). When he entered the dark room to fight Ronon and took off his glasses he was able to see heat signatures. I know that his eye were “glowing” (like a black lamp effect). I always thought that the pits were like that of snakes, they use heat pit so they can track down their prey. I work with exotics and handled my fair share of snakes. I hated handling any of the tree pythons because they were so dam accurate with their strikes. Their main prey item is small birds, so they have to be very fast and accurate. Thinking back, it did seem that their heat pits were much larger in proportion to their size compared to other snakes. I could be wrong about this, maybe its just they way a chose to remember them. (that job was many years ago) anywho, just my 2 cents!
        sigpic

Comment

spikey... you forgot a picture from JM's blog.

josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/dsc07768.jpg

sateda super wraith's brother? he's either in "tracker" or "the queen" as kenny or the other hive commander.
          Last edited by naamiaiset; 08 May 2008, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
            spikey... you forgot a picture from JM's blog.

josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/dsc07768.jpg

sateda super wraith's brother? he's either in "tracker" or "the queen" as kenny or the other hive commander.
            Hmmm
            Shaving or hair loss?
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Ze proof:

MORE TODD PICCIES!!!!

PLUS!!!!

I think Mr. Mallozzi understands the power of the WORSHIPPERS. I am serious. I think he may understand how popular they are. They may even get their own show.

wwii/ wraith cake
              "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Ze proof:

MORE TODD PICCIES!!!!

PLUS!!!!

nevermind... you didn't forget him. I just now saw the second spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
                  But the whole insect thing got me thinking.
                  We know the Wraith are an evolution from the iratus bug. That bug was "mixed" with human DNA (either on purpose by genetic engineering or naturally as the bugs feeded on humans).
                  There is one aspect about the Wraith that did REALLY shock the humans : they tend to enjoy hunting their food.
                  But that has nothing to do with their insect-part. Insects (but also birds and fish) just sweep in for the kill. They feed and thats it. The concept of playing with your prey is exclusive to mammals.
                  Cats,dogs,apes even humans kill for the joy of killing. Everyone that has a cat will know what i mean. You can feed them as much as you want. When they see a mouse they will hurt or kill hit and drag it through the house. Even if they are sated.
                  So the reason that the humans fear the Wraith so much is not because they are so different...its because they are so much like us.

The wraith we see in "Condemned" says that he enjoys eating normal food.
                  You could see that the Wraith have a sense for art. Some wraith have tattoos. Quite artistic ones.
                  So....Wraith are very much like humans. They can feel joy. They understand the concept of art.
                  Why did we NEVER see a wraith artist? If they paint their bodies why are there no wraith paintings or sculptures? Wraith music?
                  And dont say "They are the enemy of the humans". Thats also a fact for the Goa´uld. And regarding that snakes they celebrated the cultural thing on the show.

Hmm..the producers and writers should really build a wraith city. I´m curious what it would look like. Aahh I´m thinking too much

@toomuchcaf
                  Love it!
                  You're totally right. We've thought a lot about this idea here. I think there's been a constant discussion about their origin. Ultimately, the writers will decide the direction they want to go in. It is a rather "romantic" notion to consider these beings evolving from something as "other" to mammals as insects. (By "romantic" I don't mean romance; I mean the realm of ideals) It adds to the alien/lots we don't know aspect about these villains. However, if we're talkin' science, then ya they would be human/primates first: they have adam's apples, boobage muscles etc...they breath oxygen and bleed *red* blood.
                  Sooo, there ya gooo.

wwii/ wraith cake.

Comment

@ Masterling
                    Originally posted by masterling View Post
                    About the pit debate: remember back in Sedeta with Mr. Dark Sunglasses (Hot dark sunglasses that is). When he entered the dark room to fight Ronon and took off his glasses he was able to see heat signatures. I know that his eye were “glowing” (like a black lamp effect). I always thought that the pits were like that of snakes, they use heat pit so they can track down their prey. I work with exotics and handled my fair share of snakes. I hated handling any of the tree pythons because they were so dam accurate with their strikes. Their main prey item is small birds, so they have to be very fast and accurate. Thinking back, it did seem that their heat pits were much larger in proportion to their size compared to other snakes. I could be wrong about this, maybe its just they way a chose to remember them. (that job was many years ago) anywho, just my 2 cents!
                    Off topic

Spoiler:
                    When I saw that scene, I thought of riddick from pitch black (eye ball shine).
                    And I envy you being able to stand snakes, I can't stand them. Mostly because we live in the rural area, and there's nothing worse then going outside and finding a snake, usually a king brown, where my kids are playing.
                    And thanks for the tee shirt comment.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post

I don't recall who it was who said they didn't like JM's blog...
                      I think I'm the one who said this, but...

because he was negative and shot people down
                      I didn't say this. I don't remember who said this, someone else I guess. I didn't actually say why I didn't like his blog--it's my opinion I wasn't making a big deal of it. I do think it is lovely that he has been responding to the voice of the wraith. I am very happy about the pictures he has been posting. These are wonderful.

wwii/ wraith cake

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Worshipper View Post
                        You're totally right. We've thought a lot about this idea here. I think there's been a constant discussion about their origin. Ultimately, the writers will decide the direction they want to go in. It is a rather "romantic" notion to consider these beings evolving from something as "other" to mammals as insects. (By "romantic" I don't mean romance; I mean the realm of ideals) It adds to the alien/lots we don't know aspect about these villains. However, if we're talkin' science, then ya they would be human/primates first: they have adam's apples, boobage muscles etc...they breath oxygen and bleed *red* blood.
                        Sooo, there ya gooo.

wwii/ wraith cake.
                        And @ Karhedron
                        I too would love to see a wraith city, and if the writers think of wraith more akin to insects, well, a large number of species are communal. Ergo, the Wraith should have one (but then again, they probably consider the hives as the commune,,,, hm,,,, hippies,,,,,free spirits,,,,,,go any which way you like with that one).

@ Karhedron, Thanks
                        sigpic

Comment

@toomuch- ridick! That’s the name I was looking for. All I could think of was VD but not his character name.

Still off subject:
                          Spoiler:
                          I never had a problem with any other snake. Id even be willing to be the head holder of a 96lb reticulated python- she took at least 4 of us to hold her in order to get meds into her. (horrible respiratory infection) But give me a 13oz green tree python, Id have to get a towel or chicken out!! And I don’t chicken out easily. I can see where having small kid and pets around would be worrisome. Out where I am we mostly have black rat snakes (not dangerous) and the occasional copperhead or cottonmouth. I just give them a wide birth.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hmm. I don't see why we don't write the scripts for Sci-fi. Probably because we would focus on the wraith only...

[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rachelle View Post
                              Hmm. I don't see why we don't write the scripts for Sci-fi. Probably because we would focus on the wraith only...

I would let Todd sing a Wraith warsong. Much like Worf did in Star Trek TNG. Him being enthusastic and proud when he is done and the others looking at him like "WTF! Whats that supposed to be?"
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Lol. I can't imagine a bunch of singing wraiths.

Steve: "I feel pretty, o so pretty..."

[/url]

Comment

Working...
                                X