Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
    *waves very shyly*

Hallo there...I've been lurking here for a while now, decided to get me registered at last I recently added the Wraith to my short list of obsessions...can't stop thinking about them! I've made two drawings and some icony thingies so far

I'm not sure how much I'll reply to stuff though...I have Asperger's, and am quite nervous about meeting new people, and oh, there seems to be a lot of those here!

I don't know if this has already been covered, I still need to work my way through about half of this thread....but has it been speculated what the "slits" eitherside of their noses are for? I've heard a theory about pheremones, and possibly extra...can't remember what they're called. Cells that detect smells.

There was another question too, but I've forgotten it
    Oh, that's an awesome theory. We like theories here. Welcome, welcome--it almost feels like we're connected like a hive mind: we don't stop talking here.

wwii/ wraith cake
    "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Worshipper View Post
      Hrrhhmm....(hee hee, snicker snicker)

wwii/wraith cake
      Ohoh..the mistress has arrived. Got to behave

sigpic
      Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
      Spoiler:
      Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
      You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

no you don't and it prevents me from going to bed

Spoiler:
        you know I love you for all the good stuff

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
          DAS
          That was a long ramble on JMs blog, but very good points were made. I think he may be a bit intimidated by the amount of thought some people put into the show and what's going on with the characters. I haven't been there in some time but it does seem like he picks the points that have either no bearing on the show or the ones he can shoot down to respond to. If you make a good valid point about development of pegasus and its characters he tends to ignore it.
          (someone please correct me, show me he takes notice)
          Hello AscendedAsgard
          I don't like JM's blog so much. I think he's a little...um... not nice--maybe I shouldn't say "not nice" (inside thoughts, inside thoughts). I love Andee F's blog, she seems like a very kind and patient person who constantly deigns to answers the questions of her fans, even if they are a little zany.

These are just my thoughts. I do agree though, I get the impression he may well be overwhelmed by the amount of wraith fans who think a great deal about the show and wraith behaviour.

wwii/ wraith cake

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedAsgard View Post
            Thanks guys, Been lurking around in the forums for some time and i thought it's time to registrer and then i found this which suits me kind of perfect since i'm a big fan of the wraith

Just noticed that this thread got like 370 pages,Quite a challange to read them all. Just to keep up with the subject i'm gonna read the last 10 pages ;P

Welcome, welcome. Join the chat chat. And welcome everyone else I haven't had the chance to respond to yet. We love chatting about the wraithies.

wwii/ wraith cake

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
              Just calendars?
              Naaah think big.
              I want some Wraith-bedclothes,a Wraith-mug,some wraithalicous Wraith-flakes and some wraith-stickers for my car (I will brake for Wraiths),computer (Wraith inside!),etc.
              Yes! yes Like the Keeper in Rising part II says "MORE! MOOORRREEE!"

wwii/ wraith cake

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
                Ohoh..the mistress has arrived. Got to behave

Haa haaaa that's funny. This made me laugh out loud. My students think I'm crazy. I love this forum.

So, yes continue continue the mistress has arrived.

wwii/wraith cake

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                  Ola... Michael can never be too big... Only too small!

Silly thought about 5x11...

(das, don't read?)

Spoiler:
                  I get what Joe said about him responding in a logical way to things. Asgard(s) in the galaxy are making a device to kill the Wraith, and Todd knows it's the Lantean's advanced buddies, so he comes to the conclusion that they have asked the Asgards to get rid of the Wraith for them, or whatever... He in turn takes over the ship, and flies it fast to the location of the device to shut it down. But that flight will at least take a few hours, right? Logically speaking? What to do on a ship? Will all of his men be looking for the missing people?

If they can prove Todd or one of Todd's men saw the schematics for an intergalactic hyperdrive... What to do with Todd then? If Ellis is present, he will undoubtedly want to get rid of Todd and his men, Sheppard might doubt when it's explained Todd made a mistake, and what will Woolsey do? If they can catch Todd at the end, that is...

But I'll not get bumped cos of that thought. Joe likes him too, and he won't kill him.
                  I hope so too.

(sniff sniff)

wwii/ wraith cake

Comment

*waves very shyly*

Hallo there...I've been lurking here for a while now, decided to get me registered at last I recently added the Wraith to my short list of obsessions...can't stop thinking about them! I've made two drawings and some icony thingies so far

I'm not sure how much I'll reply to stuff though...I have Asperger's, and am quite nervous about meeting new people, and oh, there seems to be a lot of those here!

I don't know if this has already been covered, I still need to work my way through about half of this thread....but has it been speculated what the "slits" eitherside of their noses are for? I've heard a theory about pheremones, and possibly extra...can't remember what they're called. Cells that detect smells.

There was another question too, but I've forgotten it
                    Welcome! I guess I missed your arrival - haven't had much time to look through the thread - very busy.

About those slits...

Some think they are 'pits', like what a snake has to enhance their sense of smell. This would make sense. They seem to be connected to their sinuses, so they must be for something more than just breathing. It seems logical then that it would have something to do with a heightened sense of smell.

Don't worry about the Asperger's...you're in good company!
                    Spoiler:
                    We (his parents and I) strongly suspect my husband has it. He's 40, but back in grade school he was diagnosed with Auditory Processing Disorder, which could very well be Asperger's. He has many of the signs, but only those closest to him notice. As a kid he was very shy, and still has trouble making eye contact, and feels very self-conscious if people look at him - but otherwise, he's overcome most of the social issues he had as a kid. I think it's because he had to interact, and work, and do all those social things expected of him as an adult. He still has his moments, but for the most part, he's fairly comfortable around people - he even does public speaking now! (Other signs of Asperger's he has: being unaware of boundaries (totally fearless ever since he was a kid), sensitive to textures, esp. clothing and food, ADD, silent as a child, but now says everything that comes into his head, difficulty detecting sarcasm, rarely gets a joke unless it's visual (slapstick), and a few other things. But he found his place in the world, and so will you. And right now, I guess that place is here! Welcome!!)

das
                    sigpic

Comment

Just in case anyone remembers the little fanfic I wrote starring JM, BlueJay outed me on his blog (as I didn't have the guts to do it myself). Yes. I did say that anyone who wanted to 'out' me had my permission, but BlueJay went just that extra mile!

BlueJay
                      Spoiler:
                      Hello Joe!
                      It’s my first post, STANDS ON A CHAIR WAVEING THEIR ARMS AROUND STUPIDLY, pay attention to me.

I used to browse on here some times but then left and haven’t been back in ages, but now i’m back and going to comment so you have to suffer.

You should read this, it’s funny and you’re in it. It’ll take all of five minutes so give it a go.
                      http://wraithsdream.livejournal.com/575.html
                      Did that work? computers hate me and i them. If not go look for it, it’s worth it. (if you really want to embarrass wraithie who wrote it, print out a copy and give it to Chris H. to read when he’s on break. Perhaps just the last part. Now to cross my fingers and hope she doesn’t come after me with a plank.)

Wraithworshipper
                      Spoiler:
                      @BlueJay: Yup! You outed me. I expected someone would, but did you have to go the extra mile with that little suggestion for sharing? Forget the plank, Hon. Think scatter shot, red mist and cloud of blue feathers…. Just kidding! LOL I’m sure I’ll be fine once the mortification wears off, my pulse slows, my heart stops racing, my breathing evens out, the ringing screaming in my ears fades and all of those little blue spots (tiny BlueJays?) clouding my vision clear. No. Really. I’m fine. Let’s just say, I’m going to have to create, and dedicate to you, a very special Todd wallpaper. (wink! wink!)
                      Wraithie

Love ya, Sweetie! Mean it! That wallie may take me awhile, but I'll come up with something!

Wraithie

Ish kneeling like Steve seeing if his meditation stance works.... Begins quietly chanting, "Ohmmm! Shanthaiaaaa, Ashimjaraaaa, Naamiaiseeet."
                      sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                          Welcome! I guess I missed your arrival - haven't had much time to look through the thread - very busy.

About those slits...

Some think they are 'pits', like what a snake has to enhance their sense of smell. This would make sense. They seem to be connected to their sinuses, so they must be for something more than just breathing. It seems logical then that it would have something to do with a heightened sense of smell.

Don't worry about the Asperger's...you're in good company!
                          Spoiler:
                          We (his parents and I) strongly suspect my husband has it. He's 40, but back in grade school he was diagnosed with Auditory Processing Disorder, which could very well be Asperger's. He has many of the signs, but only those closest to him notice. As a kid he was very shy, and still has trouble making eye contact, and feels very self-conscious if people look at him - but otherwise, he's overcome most of the social issues he had as a kid. I think it's because he had to interact, and work, and do all those social things expected of him as an adult. He still has his moments, but for the most part, he's fairly comfortable around people - he even does public speaking now! (Other signs of Asperger's he has: being unaware of boundaries (totally fearless ever since he was a kid), sensitive to textures, esp. clothing and food, ADD, silent as a child, but now says everything that comes into his head, difficulty detecting sarcasm, rarely gets a joke unless it's visual (slapstick), and a few other things. But he found his place in the world, and so will you. And right now, I guess that place is here! Welcome!!)

das
                          *relaxes a little more* thank you for that

I quite liked the idea of pheromones to be honest. I was thinking that in the Hives, there'd be so many Wraith around, and what with the whole naming thing not being quite...opened up about, they'd have to have some way of identifying each other? So I thought it'd be a nice and practical idea if each Wraith would be distinguishable from others by slight differences in their smell, and maybe these "pits" would also be able to pick up the scents secreted by others of the Hive.

Um, um, here are some icons. They were quick, and easy, and probably far below what others can do, but I have limited resources and I like them. I would like to work my way through all the pictures I have to hand really Erik!

sigpic

Comment

Wow! So much new food around, lately!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

T64 is even lurking!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

*relaxes a little more* thank you for that

I quite liked the idea of pheromones to be honest. I was thinking that in the Hives, there'd be so many Wraith around, and what with the whole naming thing not being quite...opened up about, they'd have to have some way of identifying each other? So I thought it'd be a nice and practical idea if each Wraith would be distinguishable from others by slight differences in their smell, and maybe these "pits" would also be able to pick up the scents secreted by others of the Hive.
                                This is highly possible. Heightened sense of smell would mean they could - perhaps - 'smell' the difference between each other, much like cats can identify one another by scent. In fact, cats have a special sensory spot on the roof of their mouth, and they have to suck air in through their mouths to smell certain scents. If you ever see a cat sniff something, then make a 'face' as if it smells something bad, that's what he's doing - sucking air in through his mouth to be able to smell the scent.

So, the 'pits' on the Wraith could easily be used to smell things WE can't - such as pheromones (which would also make sense because with an insect-based biology we can assume the Queen emits pheromones to attract males for mating...if they do it that way...)

Um, um, here are some icons. They were quick, and easy, and probably far below what others can do, but I have limited resources and I like them. I would like to work my way through all the pictures I have to hand really Erik!

Those are wonderful!! Erik is...Mmmmmmm....yummy!!!

(Kinda ironic that we look at the male Wraith, and wanna eat THEM! *nibble, nibble* I wonder if the guys feel the same when they look at the queens...)

das
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X