No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoooops - did somebody call my name? (thx Icarium) true I wasn't here for a long time - RL keeps me busy. I tried to catch up the missing pages BUT after 5 I quit. So can anybody please tell me more about the idea sending our artworks to JM?

Originally posted by masterling View Post
    This is for the individual who had a siggy (i think on rotation) of a queen and i believe the words on it were: snow white or snow queen or something to that effect.
    Several weeks ago i got the Evanescence CD, The Open Door. There is a song tilted Snow white Queen. As soon as i saw your siggy i thought of it. I found that I have become obsessive about this album and cant stop listing to it. I believe its because it reminds me of the wraith every time i listen to it.(which is ALOT) It’s powerful, heavy, raw and yet amazingly refined and beautiful.

masterling
    oh, i didn't know that notes that I need to have this song thank you So you want to have a sig with the "M" of Toddles? May I try or is anybody else on it?

Oh, btw I drew a Wraithqueen. It's not my best and I hope to find the time to draw a real portrait BUT so long this should be enough
    May I introduce to you Morrigan
    Spoiler:

Originally posted by Wraith Worshipper View Post
    Hey I'm back from my long 20 hour sleep!! Yea!
    are you a cat?

Comment

Originally Posted by Wraithworshipper
      Originally posted by ;
      Pensive: expressing or revealing thoughtfulness, usually marked by some sadness.

We know the Wraith are very intelligent and emotional beings. The 'Allies' queen wouldn't have been able to pull off her charade without some personal experience of the emotions she was presenting to the Atlanteans. Her performance would have looked like a performance.

Besides, we also have Todd as an example of a 'pensive' Wraith. There is a great deal of sadness and dare I say, wistfulness in Todd.
      Yes I know I've not seen many Wraith protrayed as in a pensive mood, the SGA writers usually have them for out for lunch/dinner/tea ect or chasing SGA team or doing something towards Pegusas domination!!!!

Originally posted by ;
      Originally Posted by naamiaiset
      something funny to read.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3942001/1/
      Very funny I enjoyed the poem thanks. I tried to post a review but as usual PC didn't likethe pop-ups so I couldn't.

Originally posted by ;
      Oringinally posted by Toomuchcaf
      Also, I was wondering if there were any discussions on what kind of art the Wraith would appreciate if exposed to our culture,
      How about The Scream? Or maybe that would be a pictorial example of human reaction to the Wraith.

Originally posted by ;
      Originally Posted by ijffdrie
      do wraith like rap?
      Why not, which rap artist did you have in mind.
      I did think of a nice juicy bit of Wagner something from the Ring Cycle.

Originally posted by ;
      Originally Posted by /WW11Wraith Cake
      Quote:
      WEIR: Well, I translated the first part of the log that you brought back, and ... are you sure you don't wanna have a seat? (Teyla just looks at her. Elizabeth takes a deep breath.) The Wraith were conducting experiments on your ancestors. I-It was just one Wraith, actually, and he was doing it against the wishes of the other Wraith, which was why he was doing it in secret.

TEYLA: What was he doing?

BECKETT: I think he was trying to make their food source more compatible with their species.

Beckett thinks the wraith are closer in physiology to the iratus bug, but ultimately they are a hybrid. This part is crap science, but Beckett did say it was just a theory.

hmmm...
      WW11 Going to get to back to you cos, the Ancients returned to earth 10,000 years before Daniel worked out where Atlantis was.
      Please can someone confirm how many years it was when the Ancients lefted Earth - it's in The Rising upstairs have my Season 1 DVD set.
      I'm wondering if the Wraith could develope to the stage of their evolution that we see in The Rising when Shepherd woke them up.

This is an assumption but maybe one thing the Ancients and the Wraith do have in common is the abandoning their rescearch subjects when they have no further use for them.Of course I could be wrong.

MCH
      sigpic
      Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

That was several million years ago (in antarcitca)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post

Oh, btw I drew a Wraithqueen. It's not my best and I hope to find the time to draw a real portrait BUT so long this should be enough
          Spoiler:

are you a cat?
          I think she looks great - well done!

Tune In, Turn On, Burn Out .......

Comment

Spoiler:

This is a great drawing, you are so very talented!

I know this is pathetic but can anybody give me the link for rotating the siggies again - I know it's been posten 3 times but I can't find it anymore
            Last edited by Shanthaia; 04 May 2008, 11:42 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
              This is a great drawing, you are so very talented!

I know this is pathetic but can anybody give me the link for rotating the siggies again - I know it's been posten 3 times but I can't find it anymore
              http://www.imagerotate.com

Spoiler:
              very nice, fainne! I think that dress would look great on a queen.

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
                do wraith like rap?
                Originally posted by MCH View Post
                How about The Scream? Or maybe that would be a pictorial example of human reaction to the Wraith.

Why not, which rap artist did you have in mind.
                I did think of a nice juicy bit of Wagner something from the Ring Cycle.

MCH
                With the art, I think it depends on the wraith individual. I can see Eric going to the opera, Todd going to the museum (yes, I had thought about the Scream, but more on how humans suffer the wraith). While they're inside, Greg (That is the one on the the Defiant one right? I have to go back and find that wraith name list), Greg would be outside terrorising the mime artists (I don't think he'd appreciate them). I can picture Steve listening to rap, (but I don't know if I've heard anything from Ring Cycle). He also looks like an evanescense fan.

Originally posted by masterling;8174145
                [B
                @Toomuch[/B]- thanks for the Rodney wraith dart song, it’s a good way to start the morning

masterling
                It was naamiaiset who gave us the link, so no claim for me. But it is a great way to start the morning!

Spoiler:

Fainne, thats a great piece. Everyone here is so talented.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post
                  (That is the one on the the Defiant one right? I have to go back and find that wraith name list),
                  the name list is in my LJ so it's easy for people to find.

http://naamiaiset.livejournal.com/49087.html#cutid1

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                    the name list is in my LJ so it's easy for people to find.

http://naamiaiset.livejournal.com/49087.html#cutid1
                    Thankyou
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay, finally after first mentioning it I have made a wraith ring. It took me a while, and it is not exactly the same as the rings the wraith wear, I would have had to put more time into it than I wanted to. The wraith rings tend to (though not always) join at the first joint of the finger. I would have needed to make two separate pieces and hinge them together. This one I did is more of a mock up, to see if the materials I used were useful. However, I couldn't sell it anyway as there maybe a trade mark on them. Well here goes.

Spoiler:

The Keeper's Rings

My Wraith Ring 1--Now that I think about it, these rings almost look like the iratus bug.

Me wearing it

wwii/wraith cake
                      "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Okay, finally after first mentioning it I have made a wraith ring. It took me a while, and it is not exactly the same as the rings the wraith wear, I would have had to put more time into it than I wanted to. The wraith rings tend to (though not always) join at the first joint of the finger. I would have needed to make two separate pieces and hinge them together. This one I did is more of a mock up, to see if the materials I used were useful. However, I couldn't sell it anyway as there maybe a trade mark on them. Well here goes.

Spoiler:

The Keeper's Rings

My Wraith Ring 1--Now that I think about it, these rings almost look like the iratus bug.

Me wearing it

wwii/wraith cake
                        it looks great to me! very close to the design of the keeper's.

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post
                          Greg would be outside terrorising the mime artists (I don't think he'd appreciate them).
                          Oops, I just realised how insulting that sounds, I'm not all there this morning. I meant that I don't think Greg would like having someone walk behind him mimicing him. I see him more as a rock'n'roll fan, like ACDC.

As I said, I'm not all there, I packed my kids in their uniforms, and drove them to school. Almost got there, when I remembered today is a public holiday.
                          I need more coffee.

Spoiler:

The Keeper's Rings

Me wearing it

wwii/wraith cake
                          It's really well done.
                          sigpic

Comment

Wraith Cake- I love the ring! what material did you use?
                            Toomuch- acdc would fit him perfect.
                            I know there have been several list made for the individual wraith such as earth job, favorite food/drink. Is there a list already for what music they would listen to?

So here goes my first time tryn a siggy, I hope it works
                            A big thanks to Naamiaiset for taking the time and making it for me
                            sigpic

Comment

@wraithcake - lovely ring!

@masterling - nice siggy

sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone just in to say a quick HI! Everytime I come here there is always great siggys to look at. I don't have much to say at this time. I will be back soon RL takes me away a lot of time.

Take Care:

LS

Comment

Working...
                                X