Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
    Tell me if they do
    I'm hoping it'll be announced on LJ sga list like the other part did.

*Hopes they scan*

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I've read through most of the posts about Wraith development. I don't know if this has been addressed, but what if the Ancients actually did create the Wraith? The Wraith did evolve awfully quickly. And we know the Ancients had plenty of science projects that went awry. My theory is that they were messing around with DNA and created the Wraith. By the time they realized the Wraith were not what they intended them to be, whatever that was, the Wraith were already self-sufficient, and they no longer had control. Then, in their infinite wisdom, they created the Replicators to get rid of the Wraith when they couldn't. Remember, they erased all information about the Replicators, so it's very likely they would do the same with the Wraith. After all, we know they didn't like to admit defeat, fault, or failure.

Throughout watching the shows, I continued to get more and more annoyed with the Ancients. They presented themselves to be the protectors and saviors of the humans, yet so many times, they did nothing but make their lives worse. It's very likely, in my opinion, that the Ancients did create the Wraith only to lose control.
      sigpic

Comment

I second that - I haven't thought about the earasing data and wraith together - but that is very likely. Thanks for pointing it out

sigpic

Comment

The beginning eps aren't really fresh in my mind any more, but did they find nothing about the Wraith in the database except for what the hologram was saying? Technically she should have been saying the things that were in the database, out loud, no? For educational purposes, if I'm not mistaken.

But it's true, there really isn't much in there about the Wraith.

Comment

There is a discussion between John and Dr. Weir if to go and rescue the taken Athosians and expedition people - Weir says they know hardly anything except the wraith are the enemy that defeted the ancients - suppose if it was just a case of searching in the database - this discussion wouldn't have occured.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
              I think your explanation is much more likely than Wraith really evolving from insects -- I doubt that a real species that originated from one (the iratus bug) and somehow fused another donor species (human) DNA into its own would end up looking more like the donor species as is the case with the Wraith.
              I wanted to clarify the bug wraith evolution thing. As we all know life on earth started off as simple celled creatures, which eventually became multicelled creatures. I was going to say that all life came from trilobites (the ancestors to insects and arachnids--spiders, lobsters, scorpions), so I guess we could also say that humans evolved from bugs like the wraith. However, I decided to get out my old science text books and looked up "early life on earth" and there I found that animals, insects and fungi had very different evolutionary paths right from the get go. So, the only thing I can think of, and which I had been thinking about for a while is that this insertion of the "bug like" abilities for the wraith must have come at a much later stage. So this would imply that they had a choice as to whether to feed on "human beings" or not. This idea is supported in the ep. "The Gift" where we find out that Tayla has wraith DNA because a wraith scientist was experimenting on humans to make them more adaptable for the wraith feeding needs. Hmmmm. The wraith were trying to design humans to meet their dietary requirements.

Wraith Cows
              The most pleasant explanation is that the Wraithworshipers tend cattle and make the coats for their masters. I prefer not to think too much about the other possibilities.
              Heh, heh nyuck! I guess so. (ewww)

wwii
              "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by JenKM1216 View Post
                I've read through most of the posts about Wraith development. I don't know if this has been addressed, but what if the Ancients actually did create the Wraith? The Wraith did evolve awfully quickly. And we know the Ancients had plenty of science projects that went awry. My theory is that they were messing around with DNA and created the Wraith. By the time they realized the Wraith were not what they intended them to be, whatever that was, the Wraith were already self-sufficient, and they no longer had control. Then, in their infinite wisdom, they created the Replicators to get rid of the Wraith when they couldn't. Remember, they erased all information about the Replicators, so it's very likely they would do the same with the Wraith. After all, we know they didn't like to admit defeat, fault, or failure.

Throughout watching the shows, I continued to get more and more annoyed with the Ancients. They presented themselves to be the protectors and saviors of the humans, yet so many times, they did nothing but make their lives worse. It's very likely, in my opinion, that the Ancients did create the Wraith only to lose control.
                I think so too and I've said as much before. They are the "Frankensteins" of the Pegasus Galaxy, or maybe the Replicators were.

wwii
                "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Hi

The last issue 21 Stargate magazine I brought in the UK, along with Star Trek Magazine was the 18th March. So hopefully I should be able to get both after the 18th April.

The web site for Titan Magazine UK now has an advert on issue 22 an outline of the articials. Can't wait.

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet but there are new Audio books available from April 2008 for 9 pounds and 99 pence. The company is Big Finish. This April they are releasing SG1 story Gift Of The Gods with Daniel Jackson. The next to be release is the first Stargate Atlantis tape is called A Necessary Evil narrated by Elizabeth Weir.
                  The plot is as follows:-
                  When Sheppard's team encounter a culture with phase shift technology that keeps their entire population invisible - and immaterial - to the outside world, it looks like Atlantis might have found the perfect protection from the Wraith.

2nd one is Prechance To Dream and is a story about Carson Beckett.

The site is www.bigfinish.com once you get to the site just head for the Stargate tab and that take you to the site. If you click on Elizabeth Weir there a short intro to the stories and you can order online there. Prices are in UK sterling, and it is free delivery for the UK,so not sure what happens for people ordering outside the UK.

MCH
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

They appear in euro's over here...

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                      Let's hope they will!
                      he/she said they can't. is the magazine out already? (I missed it if it's already been said) I might be able to get it here, and I have a scanner.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                        he/she said they can't. is the magazine out already? (I missed it if it's already been said) I might be able to get it here, and I have a scanner.
                        I just checked for it, too...

Man, if only I would see what posters they put in... Oh, wait, we can ask that, right? It's bed time over here, though...

They don't put in the most important thing to us...

*Cry*

Comment

I think the magazine comes out in the States April 22...

I am so getting a couple issues, depending on the pics, of course. Fangirl MUST have her 'toys'!

das
                          sigpic

Comment

One of the posters in the magazine has Todd in front of a Gate, the other side (it's a two sided poster) has the Queen from SoW (I think).
                            Magazine posters are nice, but there' always staples in the middle!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                              One of the posters in the magazine has Todd in front of a Gate, the other side (it's a two sided poster) has the Queen from SoW (I think).
                              Magazine posters are nice, but there' always staples in the middle!
                              Thanks for letting us know!

@ das: I loved your most recent posts on Joe's blog! I've been thinking the same thing in regard to the Shep fan's that have been whining there for days on end: Shep is there ALL the time, but we Wraith fan's are promised but an "appearance" for Todd in 3 episodes. But since you replied to them so beautifully I won't have to! But, really -- Sue????? I almost fell off my chair!

It is wonderful that they have an interview with Chris Heyerdahl in the next Stargate magazine. I can't wait to read it (and see the poster). I think it definitely shows that they realize that there is a lot of interest in the Wraith in general and for Todd, the great character that Chris portrays so brilliantly. I hope it means a strong continued presence for the Wraith in the show.

I noticed that another person asked JM on his blog about whether we would get a "Wraith History" episode. I don't expect an answer, but it was nice to see someone ask about it. Besides us.
                              Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk
                                @ das: I loved your most recent posts on Joe's blog! I've been thinking the same thing in regard to the Shep fan's that have been whining there for days on end: Shep is there ALL the time, but we Wraith fan's are promised but an "appearance" for Todd in 3 episodes. But since you replied to them so beautifully I won't have to! But, really -- Sue????? I almost fell off my chair!

The 'Sue' reference - if you didn't get it - is to the Johnny Cash song, 'A boy named Sue'...

Thanks for letting me know I didn't sound like a complete ass on his blog. Sometimes I'm not sure my sense of humor comes across the right way. And *I* don't want to sound like I'M whining about just three Todd episodes - but really, when you think about it, he may only be in the episode for 5 minutes, or less, like in Miller's Crossing, or Kindred. I HOPE one of the episodes is a Toddcentric one...or at least, semi-Toddcentric. I get the whole 'he's not a regular character' thing, and really should be happy with any appearance he makes, considering that I think Todd has now been the second-most reoccurring character behind Michael (not sure about Koyla...he's up there, too). And that kinda scares me, too...I mean...why use him SO much?? (Besides the fact that his presence seemed to draw in new fans...and ratings were up - as I understand it - for S4.)

LOL...makes you wonder what pretty boys like Joe F. and Jason are thinking...

Jason: "Our characters are the good-looking ones, but all the chicks want this 'Todd' guy. What's he got that we don't?"

Joe (sighs): "It's all about the prongs..."

Yeah, I'm glad people other than us ask Wraith questions...kinda spreads the love a bit...

And about that interview. I SURE hope Chris doesn't say something about reading forums, or I'll never post another thing again!

SH - did you check out the convention locations - isn't there one near you coming up? I just found out there may be one near me (outside of Philly) in November. I'm waiting to see who'll be there - if they're filming at the time, I suspect it'll be mostly SG1 people, but if anyone interesting is going to be there, so will I!

(in the meantime, hubby and I will probably hit Wizard World Philly because Katee...whateverherlastnameis (Starbuck from BSG) is going to be there, and hubby would kill to meet her. So, if he gets to meet her - I SO better get to meet someone from SGA...even that Mallozzi fella, if no one else (and yeah, I would introduce myself as 'Todd' to him...just to see how good his memory is...)

das
                                Last edited by dasNdanger; 17 April 2008, 09:23 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X