Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
    todd - "I was lucky. If I had been captured, they would have mated with me instantly."

I just thought of a bad one...
    Ha! Let's keep the bad ones to ourselves....

Still, Todd in the instructional video? Sure, he's got his 'aaaahhs'....but....

Todd: "I was going to perform an elaborate ritual designed to slowly create a positive response in the primary stimulators, but I doubt there will be time for that now..."

Poor Todd...

EDIT:

Originally posted by naamiaiset
    todd - "I was lucky. If I had been captured, they would have mated with me instantly."
    Oh good lord, he MUST be talking about the Wraith Defenderettes!

das
    Last edited by dasNdanger; 15 April 2008, 08:56 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

you have a point. people are going to have an interesting read when they log on.

Comment

Quick...let's post a lot and push this page back!

In all seriousness, I really do wonder if they will ever reveal how faced-Wraith reproduce. I do NOT need details, but are egg sacs/pods involved? Is the male even necessary, or does all genetic material come from the queen? If the male does play a part....well, is it more of a techinical role than a physical one? I mean, the Wraith seem to do so much on a scientific level, I wonder if they skip the whole mating process and instead breed only through in vitro fertilization?

I hope some day we find out...

das
        sigpic

Comment

I see we are pulling out all the stops in Wraith humour. You guys deserve a Wraithy applause

LS

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
            Quick...let's post a lot and push this page back!

In all seriousness, I really do wonder if they will ever reveal how faced-Wraith reproduce. I do NOT need details, but are egg sacs/pods involved? Is the male even necessary, or does all genetic material come from the queen? If the male does play a part....well, is it more of a techinical role than a physical one? I mean, the Wraith seem to do so much on a scientific level, I wonder if they skip the whole mating process and instead breed only through in vitro fertilization?

I hope some day we find out...

das
            <-- you?

developing inside an egg sac/pod probably is more effective, and quicker. I think a male would still be needed to create a queen, but to create a faced male wraith... I'm not sure. if it's solely the queen that provides the genetic material, wouldn't all faced wraith look identical?
            Last edited by naamiaiset; 16 April 2008, 03:01 AM.

Comment

@ Masterling I love what you did with those Todd pictures look like a painting

LS

Comment

[/SIZE][/FONT]
                Originally posted by masterling View Post
                (i hope these come out as thumbnails- if not, Im sorry if I !#@* the page)
                masterling
                Very nice, Masterling! They both look great, but I'm gonna hafta ask you to sign the second one for me!

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk
                Congratulations! Have fun with it. We'll look forward to seeing your new creations!
                This learning curve is gonna kill me! Just for someplace to keep it, I put my keyboard in the office chair next to me. Well...my cat came flying into the room, and she jumped right smack dab on the board! Her four, dancing, little feet opened up so many programs and processes, I thought my computer was toast!!!! Needless to say, it took a while to regain order.

Originally posted by Risem
                Awesome!
                Also, I recommend using the tablet on your lap, it's really the best way to use it; or so I find.

Have fun with it!
                Thank you for the suggestion. My lap does, indeed, seem to be the best location for it! I can even move stuff around the screen without too much difficulty. As a matter of fact, this seems easier if I don't face the comp screen square!

Anyhoo...It's taken me all bloody day, but I finally got the Steve Tribute siggie re-worked. I changed the verse some, however, I think this final version is the better. Of course, I may be saying "final", but I'll probably work it until I'm sick of it.

Here goes!

Wraithworshipper
                Last edited by Wraithworshipper; 23 April 2008, 09:31 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                  <-- you?

developing inside an egg sac/pod probably is more effective, and quicker. I think a male would still be needed to create a queen, but to create a faced male wraith... I'm not sure. if it's solely the queen that provides the genetic material, wouldn't all faced wraith look identical? (they practically do, but there's variations in their faces, their builds...)
                  We have been plagued with that question for some time and, I don't think it will be answered too soon so, again we have to speculate. Do face Wraiths develop in egg sacs/ pods or are they live births? If they develop in egg sacs/pods why do the queens need breasts? It can be some left over from the Iratus bug since they don't have breasts. If breast are some left over from human DNA maybe they are redundent like our appendix. I don't know there is so much we need to know.

LS

Comment

Thanks, LS - yeah...I think we were both bitten by the silly bug...

(I COULD come up with tons more...but I figured they would just go further down the Wraith gutter... )

naami - I wonder why all the males look alike, but the queens have different hair color (do they have different eye color, too - anyone ever notice?). At first I figured they just dyed it - but Ellia had dark hair, and obviously didn't dye it.

That's why I've thought that the males are all sexually dormant, some may even be asexual - having male characteristics but without male reproductive organs. If that was the case, then - like insects - I wonder if one could be transformed into a queen (though with insects it's usually a non-breeding female who is turned into a breeding queen). LOL...STEVE would have made a beautiful queen! He certainly had the disposition for it!! LOLOL!

But I really doubt all of that. I do think males are sexually dormant until needed for breeding, but I don't think they are sexually neuter.

Changing the subject a little, it really struck me how the Wraith in SoW showed humility before the queen, averting his eyes when he first awoke her. Was this out of respect for her as queen - or out of respect for her as 'mother'?

In other words, was his reaction towards her due to the fact that she had just gone through a type of reproductive process - and by his involvement - even though it was on a technical level - was he reacting to the intimacy of it all, or was he simply showing respect for her as queen? In a way, he seemed a bit...'embarrassed' - that's probably the wrong word, maybe 'uncomfortable' would be better - but whatever it was, he seemed sensitive to what the queen had just gone through.

Any thoughts?

das
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
                      [/size][/font]

Very nice, Masterling! They both look great, but I'm gonna hafta ask you to sign the second one for me!

This learning curve is gonna kill me! Just for someplace to keep it, I put my keyboard in the office chair next to me. Well...my cat came flying into the room, and she jumped right smack dab on the board! Her four, dancing, little feet opened up so many programs and processes, I thought my computer was toast!!!! Needless to say, it took a while to regain order.

Thank you for the suggestion. My lap does, indeed, seem to be the best location for it! I can even move stuff around the screen without too much difficulty. As a matter of fact, this seems easier if I don't face the comp screen square!

Anyhoo...It's taken me all bloody day, but I finally got the Steve Tribute siggie re-worked. I changed the verse some, however, I think this final version is the better. Of course, I may be saying "final", but I'll probably work it until I'm sick of it.

Here goes!

Wraithworshipper
                      Have fun with your tablet and, you know cats know what's going on It's like new toy I'm going to play. I got one question. Kai power tools are no longer available. I look every where but can't find them. So, I gave up if they are where do I go to download and, do the charge you? If they do charge well I will be out of luck Since I am living on a budget.

Take Care:
                      LS

Comment

Changing the subject a little, it really struck me how the Wraith in SoW showed humility before the queen, averting his eyes when he first awoke her. Was this out of respect for her as queen - or out of respect for her as 'mother'?

In other words, was his reaction towards her due to the fact that she had just gone through a type of reproductive process - and by his involvement - even though it was on a technical level - was he reacting to the intimacy of it all, or was he simply showing respect for her as queen? In a way, he seemed a bit...'embarrassed' - that's probably the wrong word, maybe 'uncomfortable' would be better - but whatever it was, he seemed sensitive to what the queen had just gone through.

Any thoughts?

das
                        males are subordinate, so I'd guess respect. I don't think there's much intimacy between wraith. he probably also knew the queen wouldn't be in the most favorable mood, but what female would be after that? it makes me wonder how todd acts in a queen's presence, I doubt it's submissively. it also makes me wonder if there was any interaction between him and the SOW queen... whether she interrogated him, gave him the orders to complete the recallobration that he did, or maybe he contributed on a more "personal" level... (be ironic if he did and then later she wanted to feed on him ) you never know.

too many questions. and another one just came to me, what "reward" was todd expecting in SOW?
                        Last edited by naamiaiset; 15 April 2008, 10:01 PM.

Comment

one could be transformed into a queen (though with insects it's usually a non-breeding female who is turned into a breeding queen). LOL...STEVE would have made a beautiful queen! He certainly had the disposition for it!! LOLOL!
                          Now, now leave my Steve a lone LOL

LS

das
                          I wonder if he feared her too? I mean she just gave been though giving birth sort of speak. She was terribly hungry and cranky. I wonder too, if male are normaly present during a birthing I don't know what else to call it.

LS

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                            Have fun with your tablet and, you know cats know what's going on It's like new toy I'm going to play. I got one question. Kai power tools are no longer available. I look every where but can't find them. So, I gave up if they are where do I go to download and, do the charge you? If they do charge well I will be out of luck Since I am living on a budget.

Take Care:
                            LS
                            Sorry. I didn't mean to go bye bye on you. My comp keeps having "runtime error" issues.

Anyhoo...I Googled Kai's Power Tools, and I wound up at a site that was discussing it. Long to short, what I was getting there is free stuff from other folks. This is the site that's linked to Obsidian Dawn. I hope you find what's there useful.

http://www.freephotoshop.com/html/free_brushes.html

Wraithie

Wonders if anyone's looked at the thumbnails yet....?
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, what was that reward? makes you wonder if the reward would have been more status in the hive? But, she did want to feed on him. 'My reward', Did you think Todd said in a sarcastic way. I though he had an idea what was going to happen to him. Just my thoughts.

LS

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                                Yeah, what was that reward? makes you wonder if the reward would have been more status in the hive? But, she did want to feed on him. 'My reward', Did you think Todd said in a sarcastic way. I though he had an idea what was going to happen to him. Just my thoughts.

LS
                                his "so be it" didn't make it seem like it was sarcastic. todd only does something if he'll be "repaid" (as he does with the lanteans), so I do think he was expecting something in return.

Originally posted by dasNdanger
                                That's why I've thought that the males are all sexually dormant
                                if dormant, they'd need to be stimulated. that could explain the huge male wraith in "sateda". with some ants, when a male is needed for mating, his size/strength increases. if that's the case, wraith should reproduce more often, they'd have a bunch of super wraith. (better looking ones )
                                Last edited by naamiaiset; 15 April 2008, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X