No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@das: I read your post on JM's blog. Why so negative?
    Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk
      Because I think S5 is just gonna be more deadWraithdeadWraithdeadWraith, and less helpful, charming Todd.

I gotta admit to getting very depressed when watching episodes where the Wraith get killed...I usually don't watch them again. I think I feel too sympathetic towards them, and no matter how nasty they are, I still end up rooting for them in the end. To know there are episodes like Broken Ties and Trackers coming up, episodes that will obviously have major Wraith whumpage...well...just kinda gets me down. I am SO ready for these guys to be moved up to a new level and away from the whole 'hated enemy' thing. But it isn't going to happen, I'm sure of it...so...sometimes the more I read, the more down I get because I know it means the eventual annihilation of the Wraith, just like SG does with all its enemies (this is where Star Trek was superior - they always attempted to make alliances even with the worst of their foes, whereas SG always attempts to annihilate).

Some of my favorite episodes now are Wraith-free (or those with Todd, but if they kill him off, I probably won't be able to watch ANY of his episodes again). So far one of my favorite DVD discs is the one with Phantoms/The Return pt. 1 & 2/Echoes, simply because there's no Wraith killing in any of those episodes. I even like it better than the disc with Common Ground, believe it or not.

I'm just not very hopeful that S5 will be as Wraith-positive as S4....

das
      sigpic

Comment

You know if those pesky humans had not woken up the hive at the start of Atlantis the Wraith would in all likelyhood still be sleeping peacefully and not going on hunts and all.

Pesky humans
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity
          You know if those pesky humans had not woken up the hive at the start of Atlantis the Wraith would in all likelyhood still be sleeping peacefully and not going on hunts and all.

Pesky humans
          I KNOW!!! Steve and Bob and even Greg would all still be alive, Allies' scientist would be sleeping peacefully...Michael would still be a Wraith and Todd...

poor Todd. He'd still be in that Genii prison, waiting for free handouts...

das
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
            I KNOW!!! Steve and Bob and even Greg would all still be alive, Allies' scientist would be sleeping peacefully...Michael would still be a Wraith and Todd...

poor Todd. He'd still be in that Genii prison, waiting for free handouts...

das
            at least one good thing came from it, todd's freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
              I can see it now that it isn't in a spoiler. I like it, but I'd change the pink text color.
              Originally posted by Sparrow hawk
              I like the quote, but I might go with a deeper red for the text.
              Yeah...It looked good in the color swatch, but it lost something in the placement and in re-sizing. I do agree that a deeper red would look better.

Originally posted by LiquidSky
              Wraithworshipper: wait until you get your new graphics tablet you will have loads of fun. 2"x2.5" touch pad here I was whining about my 4x5 in tablet I should be so lucky. Whining where's the cheese

Take Care:

LS
              How about a little company for a cheese tasting party?

Originally posted by Sparrow hawk
              Yikes! I guess I'm gonna hafta go read that, but I'll need to wait until tomor...later today. If I don't go to bed soon, I'm going to lose consciousness right here!

Originally posted by LiquidSky
              I like this picture kinda sad though, I think of Steve ascending.
              I promise my next project will be of a HAWT, PO'd Steve ascending! Oh! And I always love your siggies! I might have to bug you (pardon the pun) for some tips.

Wraithie

PS: I just posted in another thread, and I found out that when telling someone how to find their Fonts folder, if you put the C: inside the parenthesis () where it belongs when naming the drive, it comes out (C
              Last edited by Wraithworshipper; 11 April 2008, 09:13 PM. Reason: Oops! What else?
              sigpic

Comment

I haven't read JM blog for awhile and, I don't want to know about season five it sound very dismal and, I don't want to know about Wraith killings but, being SGA it will be kill Wraith episodes.

They should have a NO KILL WRAITH ZONE but, alas I'm just hoping and dreaming. They need to hire writers from the Star Trek franchise. I'm also feeling depressed too after watching the rebroadcast of 'Last Man'. I am still hoping that there will be season six. So, in the six season the Wraith will have a chance to regain their status in the PG.

And I agree too that, if Sheppard didn't kill the Keeper/Caretaker Steve, Bob the Wraith Scientist (Erik I think thats what we are calling him) even Greg and, the rest of the Wraith would be hibernating but, unfortunately Todd would still be a captive of the Genii.

We some kind of convergance here all of us get together and send telepathic messages to TPTB on keeping the Wraith as main charaters in the story line.

Take Care:
                LS

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
                  just ducking in quickly. I like this wraithworshipper, so sad. i like the quote.

in saying that i have been going through my books and found two, one of humourous quotations one of familiar quotations. Scanning the second one i found this and it made me think of Steve and your pic.

All was ended now, the hope, the fear and the sorrow,
                  All the aching of heart, the restless, unsatisified longing
                  All the dull, deep pain, and constant anguish of patience!
                  Longellow

ducking out now.
                  sigpic
                  FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Ok, I have been playing around with Photoshop and some fractual brushes to create background but I think I went a little over board with the eraser. So I hope You guys will like it. If you don't then I will remove it. I'm still new at playing around with backgrounds and trying to blend things in seamlessly. I'm open to suggestions on how to make things blend in.

Take Care:

LS

Spoiler:

Comment

Hi Blue Jay.

Nice seeing you here again, come back soon.

LS

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                        Ok, I have been playing around with Photoshop and some fractual brushes to create background but I think I went a little over board with the eraser. So I hope You guys will like it. If you don't then I will remove it. I'm still new at playing around with backgrounds and trying to blend things in seamlessly. I'm open to suggestions on how to make things blend in.

Take Care:

LS

Spoiler:
                        good job. bob's expression is priceless. I use tools in my photoshop called "stitch" or "clone" for blending, usually it works pretty well. trying to make the picture colors match helps too sometimes.

Comment

Take Care:

LS

Spoiler:
                          LiquidSky, I think it looks wonderful, very effective!

Extract is really good for removing backgrounds, and liquify is fun for warping. Check out Kai's power tools for more filters and stuff.

I think yours is just perfect as it is though...

Ash

Tune In, Turn On, Burn Out .......

Comment

Take Care:

LS

Spoiler:
                            Pretty

Wish I could do things like that on my computer

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                              it has one of my favorite wraith, I think it's great!
                              Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                              ooh wait a little bit - i put my siggies on rotation, the sad one is still a part of it
                              your new piece of art is really cool. LOVE it, especially the font. I have it too but haven't used it yet. we should make some kind or register where all wraith are in with their names given from us.
                              Thank you both I still think it could be better...
                              So the sad sig is still there? *sighs*
                              I have the list of names somewhere so I can post it once again later. And I think @naamiset should have a version with pictures?
                              Originally posted by Wraith Worshipper View Post
                              Very nice siggy Icarium. Isn't the scientist so yummy? Love the pic.

wwii
                              Thanks Oh, he's very yummy

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                              Scott Heindl played the Commander in Spoils of War and Midway, the Wraith who fed on Larrin in Travelers, and maybe more?
                              Oh, Icarium, lovely done, again!
                              Heindl played also Archimedes, the Wraith from Reunion.
                              And thanks
                              Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
                              I think it's a nice one but veeeeeeeeery sad

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                              Because I think S5 is just gonna be more deadWraithdeadWraithdeadWraith, and less helpful, charming Todd.

I'm just not very hopeful that S5 will be as Wraith-positive as S4....

das
                              Depressed mood? Don't be so negative!!!
                              It was one of my first ones and I never posted it because it's not very good but maybe it will cheer you up a bit

@naamiset - thanks for finding all those appreciation threads Are they going to be a bit busier right now?

Icarium

Comment

Take Care:

LS

Spoiler:
                                Nice stuff! Just work on tightening the colour palette up and it'd be awesome.

Originally posted by Icarium View Post

Depressed mood? Don't be so negative!!!
                                It was one of my first ones and I never posted it because it's not very good but maybe it will cheer you up a bit

Icarium
                                OMG haha, I can totally hear the song in my head with wraith dancing to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X