Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
    WONDERFUL NEWS FROM JM'S BLOG!!!!

cool writes: “Are we going to see more of Todd the Wraith in Season 5? He always seems to be working on his own, which is interesting since the Wraith seem so hive-oriented. Does he have a Wraith Queen he answers to?”

Answer: "Your last question will be answered this season. So far, we have Todd slated for three appearances."

I am doing happy dances all over the house!!! WOOT!!!!! Partytime!!!!!

AND...we'll find out if he has a queen or not! WOOT, again!!!!

Gals - make sure to go to JM's blog and thank him for the info! The 'SO FAR he's slated for 3 episodes' means that it's possible there will be more! If they have him in 6 like last season, I'll be thrilled!

das
    Ya know...some days just seem to come together early!

1.) I just started a quest to lose 100 lbs by New years and I've already lost weight.

2.) I woke up hungry for the first time in years!

3.) I got through the stomach crunches without my back locking up!

AAAANNNNDUH

4.) TODD'S GONNA BE IN SEASON 5!

Now if the rest of the day would only measure up!

Wraithie aka:WW

Going right now to post "Thankies Muchez" to JM.
    Last edited by Wraithworshipper; 01 April 2008, 07:52 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dolfynnchick View Post
      I wonder, if he does have a queen, might it be Ruby, the queen from The Last Man?
      Oh, wouldn't that be an interesting twist!
      Meh. Todd seems a bit too much of a loner. I can't imagine him answering to a queen.
      If he does, it may be an unconventional Wraith relationship. Of course, we don't really know what a conventional Queen-commander relationship is, but if the set-up is: Queen gives orders, Commander obeys and carries out orders, Todd might have a bit of trouble. Of course, he is good with manipulating others into seeing things his way and he has been playing the game for a *long* time, so maybe his Queen is putty in his hands!

It's a little late, but I wanted to comment on the young Wraith, old Wraith issue that was opened many pages ago.

I think the Wraith war with the Ancients went on for a long time. They were pretty evenly matched at the beginning as far as technology. The Wraith may have even been loosing for a while. Todd mentioned that the Ancients thought their ships were invinceable and sent them deep into Wraith territory to "weed them out," (dang, I wish Shep hadn't interrupted the history lesson!), which sounds a bit like the Wraith were on the defensive at that point. The Wraith eventually won the war, through cooperation of the hives and the use of cloning to overwhelm the Ancients. But those Wraith who fought and survived know what it is to struggle for survival.

The younger, post-war Wraith have always been the masters of their galaxy. Whatever minor human uprisings have taken place over the centuries have been put down almost effortlessly by the Wraith due to the enforced superiority of their technology. The younger Wraith have become arrogant and take it for granted that they are invinceable -- just like the Ancients did so long ago.

IMO, now that they are struggling for food and Michael and the Lanteans are threatening them, they are going to need some of those older, experienced commanders and Queens to lead the fight.
      Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

cool writes: “Are we going to see more of Todd the Wraith in Season 5? He always seems to be working on his own, which is interesting since the Wraith seem so hive-oriented. Does he have a Wraith Queen he answers to?”

Answer: "Your last question will be answered this season. So far, we have Todd slated for three appearances."

das
        FINALLY SOME SORT OF NEWS ON THIS!!!!!!!!

Shall we speculate on which eps they mean?

Spoiler:
        He could be in Search and Rescue, if the Wraith were to attack Michael... And they could be keeping the gate open, so it wouldn't necessarily have to be a typo...

2,000 posts W00T!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
          Shall we speculate on which eps they mean?

Spoiler:
          He could be in Search and Rescue, if the Wraith were to attack Michael... And they could be keeping the gate open, so it wouldn't necessarily have to be a typo...

2,000 posts W00T!
          Spikey - Congratulations on 2000 posts!

Speculation on Search and Rescue:
          Spoiler:
          I think you're right about it being real Wraith holding the gate open. I'd love to see Todd leading a Wraith strike force against Michael! So I'm hoping that it is him and his Hive holding the gate open.

As for which other episodes Todd might be in -- no clue right now.
          Last edited by Sparrow_hawk; 27 March 2008, 06:51 AM. Reason: fix spoiler
          Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
            @ Icarium: I like your Penny sig
            Glad you like it. Thank you

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
            I'll never be able to look at that pic without thinking those thoughts now.
            Me too

Gals - make sure to go to JM's blog and thank him for the info! The 'SO FAR he's slated for 3 episodes' means that it's possible there will be more! If they have him in 6 like last season, I'll be thrilled!

das
            Thanks for the info. That's great!!!

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post

If he does, it may be an unconventional Wraith relationship. Of course, we don't really know what a conventional Queen-commander relationship is, but if the set-up is: Queen gives orders, Commander obeys and carries out orders, Todd might have a bit of trouble. Of course, he is good with manipulating others into seeing things his way and he has been playing the game for a *long* time, so maybe his Queen is putty in his hands!

It's a little late, but I wanted to comment on the young Wraith, old Wraith issue that was opened many pages ago.

I think the Wraith war with the Ancients went on for a long time. They were pretty evenly matched at the beginning as far as technology. The Wraith may have even been loosing for a while. Todd mentioned that the Ancients thought their ships were invinceable and sent them deep into Wraith territory to "weed them out," (dang, I wish Shep hadn't interrupted the history lesson!), which sounds a bit like the Wraith were on the defensive at that point. The Wraith eventually won the war, through cooperation of the hives and the use of cloning to overwhelm the Ancients. But those Wraith who fought and survived know what it is to struggle for survival.

The younger, post-war Wraith have always been the masters of their galaxy. Whatever minor human uprisings have taken place over the centuries have been put down almost effortlessly by the Wraith due to the enforced superiority of their technology. The younger Wraith have become arrogant and take it for granted that they are invinceable -- just like the Ancients did so long ago.

IMO, now that they are struggling for food and Michael and the Lanteans are threatening them, they are going to need some of those older, experienced commanders and Queens to lead the fight.
            If TPTB didn't really know how to develop the Wraith when they introduced them (I think they didn't and now have to make up for that ), I just hope they read your posts. You have such great ideas about the Wraith that TPTB should really use some of them

Icarium

Comment

SH - as always, your thoughts and ideas are so great...I agree with Icarium - if only TPTB would read your posts!

I have been having a lot of thoughts running around in my head...

First, S&R -
              Spoiler:
              Just read the spoilers again, and yes- it does sound like it's the real Wraith who have dialed into the planet - could it be Todd coming to attack Michael? Todd coming to 'save' the Lanteans...or something worse? But I'm suspecting that Todd will be in this episode, although no pictures or anything of him...so, maybe he'll be in the episode in name only?

Broken Ties -
              Spoiler:
              I just read the spoilers, and it sounds as if Rhys will be Ronon's 'wraith torturer' - so I have no hopes of poor Rhys surviving the episode. Well, if he doesn't, I hope he at least puts a real hurtin' on those pesky Lanteans! I wonder if Todd could play into this episode at all? I hope not - I don't think every Wraith-themed epi needs Todd, but they may have to contact him to try to find Ronon...

Queen for Todd? -
              Spoiler:
              I posted a bit of silliness about this in JM's blog - but will treat it with seriousness here. What if Todd does have a queen...and what if the Lanteans kill her? Could this be the final straw that turns him against the humans?

Lots to speculate on! Will be a loooooong 3.5 months!

das
              sigpic

Comment

Queen for Todd? -
                Spoiler:
                I posted a bit of silliness about this in JM's blog - but will treat it with seriousness here. What if Todd does have a queen...and what if the Lanteans kill her? Could this be the final straw that turns him against the humans?
                Spoiler:
                I don't think so. todd did try wiping out the wraith... which would include queens. he doesn't seem to have many allegiances to wraith right now anyway and actually more of a truce with the lanteans. if atlantis did something that directly threatened him/his life, then I think todd would turn on them. he'd have good reason to.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  I don't think so. todd did try wiping out the wraith... which would include queens. he doesn't seem to have many allegiances to wraith right now anyway and actually more of a truce with the lanteans. if atlantis did something that directly threatened him/his life, then I think todd would turn on them. he'd have good reason to.
                  He must have at least one allied queen otherwise killing all the other wraith would be dooming his entire race...

He's smarter than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Risem View Post
                    He must have at least one allied queen otherwise killing all the other wraith would be dooming his entire race...

He's smarter than that.
                    true, but so far he hasn't seemed too concerned about it. there's obviously a few hives/other wraith allied to him that he wouldn't kill since he wanted a cure for "his hive alone" in kindred I.

Comment

from Icarium
                      If TPTB didn't really know how to develop the Wraith when they introduced them (I think they didn't and now have to make up for that ), I just hope they read your posts. You have such great ideas about the Wraith that TPTB should really use some of them.
                      Icarium
                      *blush* Thanks Icarium, and you too, das. You are too kind. But both of you and just about everyone on this thread has come up with great insights and ideas about the Wraith. As well as a lot of entertaining bits!

true, but so far he hasn't seemed too concerned about it. there's obviously a few hives/other wraith allied to him that he wouldn't kill since he wanted a cure for "his hive alone" in kindred I.
                      I'm sure Todd has no intention of letting all the Queens die. Perhaps by "my Hive" he includes all those who happen to be allies of his Hive at the moment. Or he might has just said it because he thought Sheppard would be more likely to help him personally rather than the entire Wraith race. He is very good at twisting words to that he is not lying, but is perhaps not telling any more of the truth than he has to at a given moment. But having the cure could help Todd get back into an influential position among the Wraith. If that is still what he wants to do.
                      Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

from Icarium

I'm sure Todd has no intention of letting all the Queens die. Perhaps by "my Hive" he includes all those who happen to be allies of his Hive at the moment. Or he might has just said it because he thought Sheppard would be more likely to help him personally rather than the entire Wraith race. He is very good at twisting words to that he is not lying, but is perhaps not telling any more of the truth than he has to at a given moment. But having the cure could help Todd get back into an influential position among the Wraith. If that is still what he wants to do.
                        Yeah...like when he put off the fact that he hacked McKay's comp by saying that the information he stole was in turn stolen from him, so that made them both victims!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
                          BlueJay comes back to the thread covered in parade confetti to discover....6 pages!!! to wade through. What have all you lot been up to.
                          Shouldn't stay away for that long, then!

Spikey almost at 2000, going to have a new avatar or keep the gate? Great Kolya torture, so much fun for Todd.
                          I'm there, now! I quickly made a Todd avatar. Anyone know if you can have a rotating avvie?

Yup, and Sheppard was watching on a screen, with popcorn!

Todd has such lovely hands. and is in three episodes oh joy of joys!
                          Isn't that the best news you could possibly hear when starting your chatting for the day?

Das Love the Steve sig, but glad Todd is back
                          Guess Das is excited about Todd too, now! Uh oh, new Todd siggy pretty soon?

I don't think we'll ever stop thinking about prongs now!
                          Afraid not... !

I hope that he's indeed got the Queen in his hand, somehow. Or that she has a sense of humor too, just like him.

It would be difficult for Todd to be Todd, would he really be under the command of a Queen. I imagine that Todd would be the one flying his Hive, and sometimes letting someone else taking over when he needs to sneak out, and go do some snooping around, or meet the Lanteans...

Either way, the Queen knows all about him and the Lanteans, just like the commander in Spoils of War knew about Midway?

They'd better write him a very special, very fitting for him Queen, if not, they ruin Todd. And they know it. So we must trust them with this. It'll be alright. If Todd sides with a Queen, it's gotta be a bloody brilliant one. Right?

Spikey - Congratulations on 2000 posts!

Speculation on Search and Rescue:
                          Spoiler:
                          I think you're right about it being real Wraith holding the gate open. I'd love to see Todd leading a Wraith strike force against Michael! So I'm hoping that it is him and his Hive holding the gate open.

As for which other episodes Todd might be in -- no clue right now.
                          Thankies! And we know Sheppard is badly hurt, so maybe Todd helps him a hand in his recovery? If such a thing does happen, it's a confirmation on the 'brothers/brethren' part from Common Ground. It would be nice to see it, cos the 'can we trust him/nope we can't fully trust him' thing is a pain, but on the other hand, if Todd does it, it's 'I'm the Lantean's Wraith'.

Spoiler:
                          And who knows, he might come for Michael first, and secondary the kid! To kill it. What would his Queen tell him to do if he explains to her what Teyla is, what Kanaan is, and what that kid is?

Broken Ties -
                          Spoiler:
                          I just read the spoilers, and it sounds as if Rhys will be Ronon's 'wraith torturer' - so I have no hopes of poor Rhys surviving the episode. Well, if he doesn't, I hope he at least puts a real hurtin' on those pesky Lanteans! I wonder if Todd could play into this episode at all? I hope not - I don't think every Wraith-themed epi needs Todd, but they may have to contact him to try to find Ronon...
                          I sure hope Todd isn't going to be the answer to all of the Lantean problems! I don't know much about the ep, but indeed, how do you find someone who's probably hanging around in the sky somewhere? But then again, you can ask him via the offworld station...

Queen for Todd? -
                          Spoiler:
                          They won't kill her. They know he wasn't pleased when his first Hive got blown up in er, The Seer? So they won't risk it another time, definitely not if S&R was somewhat positive...

It would be so nice to have a somewhat recurring Queen! And I hope it's Ruby, not another one! She was sooo cool (the clothes!). Todd with a Red Head!

Originally posted by Risem View Post

He's smarter than that.
                          Yes, that he most certainly is. I never expected him to get rid of all the Queens. It's evident that after a bit of time, he'd need a Queen in his group. Possibly even more, cos if one passes away... He can start all over again with the negotiations...

You know, he said 'For my Hive, and my Hive alone'. What if he meant not necessarily the Wraith that worked for him, but all the Wraith that were currently stashed on his ship? He could have fished around a bit for Wraith to ally himself with, and put them on his ship for a bit so he could say that without lying to the team. Wouldn't the other Wraith notice that his Hive was the only one not to be suffering any more losses, after the first few?
                          Last edited by GoSpikey; 27 March 2008, 12:46 PM.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

They do have cloning technology. If all the Queens hostile to him were eliminated, he could just clone one and raise her the way he wants her to be.

As for Rhys being eliminated in one eppy...G! I sure hope not! We need a nice, nasty Wraith to offset Todd, and we need him to be around for a long while. Maybe Rhys could become Todd's secret "backdoor" man? Dirty deeds done dirt cheap!

WW
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper
                              They do have cloning technology. If all the Queens hostile to him were eliminated, he could just clone one and raise her the way he wants her to be.

As for Rhys being eliminated in one eppy...G! I sure hope not! We need a nice, nasty Wraith to offset Todd, and we need him to be around for a long while. Maybe Rhys could become Todd's secret "backdoor" man? Dirty deeds done dirt cheap!

WW
                              That could work - I mean, about Rhys - just I don't think TPTB think like that. But imagine if Rhys does survive, and causes all sorts of trouble, and later it's found out he's Todd's buddy...ooooooo...the iratus bugs will hit the fan!!!

WW - I posted a reply to you in JM's blog...DON'T hate me for it!!!

das
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post

WW
                                I wouldn't mind cloning a few more of todd myself...

if todd eliminated all the hostile queens, he'd have a bigger problem - all the hostile hives that those queens belonged to.
                                Last edited by naamiaiset; 27 March 2008, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X