Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers for TLM:

Spoiler:
    One of the most emotional (for me) SGA eps EVAR!
    I was a wreck! All the deaths are ideal for the characters, sam goes out in a blaze of glory aboard the Phoenix, Teyla dying for her child, Ronon and Todd OMG don't even get me started there. Das has said everything.

Also, that poor wraith queen! That was a surprise. I smell fan art. *giggles*

All in all that was one of the best SGA eps. 10/10

Comment

Reply to Icarium
      Spoiler:
      Originally posted by Icarium View Post
      And we had such a beautiful queen and we lost her too... I hope that after the reset the team will meet her again and won't kill her quickly

Spoiler:
      Totally! I really want to see her again. And I guess that's possible!

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
        I've just watched TLM and I'm SOOOO glad I haven't read the spoilers in this thread before watching

Spoiler:
        I loved that scene, too. 'Indeed' made me laugh so much that I had to rewind because I lost the rest of the scene. I never really expected such great cooperation between Ronon and Todd. I thought it impossible and I'm glad I was wrong If only during the hand-combat they showed a little bit more Todd instead of Ronon... OK, I'm getting spoiled too
        And we had such a beautiful queen and we lost her too... I hope that after the reset the team will meet her again and won't kill her quickly
        I suppose that the episode means that Michael will be killed soon. After what he's done to Teyla I don't really care. I hoped that she was going to join him or... anything.
        Uff, I guess I must rewatch it just to start thinking straight again...

Icarium
        Spoiler:
        Yeah, Todd went all Teal'c! Sooooo funny!

I agree with the combat scene, I would have LOVED if they focussed just a bit more on Todd. The only thing you see is him ducked and cutting some guy. While Ronon gets the 'kicking' part.

I liked that Queen very much, too! She was a young one also, right? I'd like to see her back in the future... Or the past, whichever you prefer...

Why would you think that Michael will be killed soon? He's on a ship, mostly, and he's pretty good at getting away with things, and they already mentioned a few weeks back that it's possible Michael is coming back the next season for an ep or two, outside of the first ep, I hope. I would like to have learned of the way Michael eventually died, though. Aka, how long does a Hybrid live? A few hundred years? After all, Wraith are practically immortal when they feed. They literally live on because they regenerate with the lives they take. But Michael didn't need that any more... Might be nice to start talking about? Or are they discussing it in the The Last Man thread? Haven't checked yet.

Originally posted by Risem View Post
        Spoilers for TLM:

Spoiler:
        One of the most emotional (for me) SGA eps EVAR!
        I was a wreck! All the deaths are ideal for the characters, sam goes out in a blaze of glory aboard the Phoenix, Teyla dying for her child, Ronon and Todd OMG don't even get me started there. Das has said everything.

Also, that poor wraith queen! That was a surprise. I smell fan art. *giggles*

All in all that was one of the best SGA eps. 10/10
        Spoiler:
        I agree that the deads were greatly done! Poor Sam, though. Imagine doing 10 years of SG-1, so many times sitting in ships that are about to blow up (we've got reruns, the 'Apophis attacks Earth' ep was on a few months ago, so that one pops to my mind), and then she ends being the Captain of one, and she goes down with it. Nice ending for her, but bummer...

I really hope Todd will outlive Michael in the new time line... So great, them working together!

Originally posted by Risem View Post
        Spoiler:
        Totally! I really want to see her again. And I guess that's possible!
        Yup, my guess is that it is! It would be great!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Spoiler:
          I agree - this episode was the most emotional one I've ever experienced. I am still very emotional over T&R - but oddly enough, I feel more for Ronon than for Todd. Or should I say, I feel more for how Ronon felt for Todd than what Todd felt for Ronon. I think - for Todd - it was like he was saying, "Finally, you trust me." That in itself means so much. But for Ronon, it was like he was saying, "Damn...I was really wrong about this guy" - or as Todd would say, "You are mistaken." For Ronon to humble himself like that - as reflected in that little smile - dammit - it just kills me every time I think about it.

Truly brilliant writing and character portrayal. Not sure they'll ever be able to top this.

das
          sigpic

Comment

Oh!

Spoiler:
            And did you notice that, when Michael did that thing to that poor Young Queen, and took part of her outside, there wasn't, the way I saw it, a single female in the crowd? It might mean that the virus doesn't work for females. Remember the Wraith Queen that wasn't affected? Might be more of the same thing, but from Human to Female Wraith, now...

But also, in Michael's culture, when you have a Queen on board, she's the boss... And Michael is top dog, so he won't have that, maybe.

And you don't know if Teyla begged to be killed instead of watching the galaxy go down. It seemed to me that she wasn't just immediately killed after giving birth...? Meaning, she was on the floor, and with her pants up, so to speak. They might have had words, or she tried to take him over, or whatever...

Your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
              Oh!

Spoiler:
              And did you notice that, when Michael did that thing to that poor Young Queen, and took part of her outside, there wasn't, the way I saw it, a single female in the crowd? It might mean that the virus doesn't work for females. Remember the Wraith Queen that wasn't affected? Might be more of the same thing, but from Human to Female Wraith, now...

But also, in Michael's culture, when you have a Queen on board, she's the boss... And Michael is top dog, so he won't have that, maybe.

And you don't know if Teyla begged to be killed instead of watching the galaxy go down. It seemed to me that she wasn't just immediately killed after giving birth...? Meaning, she was on the floor, and with her pants up, so to speak. They might have had words, or she tried to take him over, or whatever...

Your thoughts?
              Spoiler:
              you mean michael's "former" culture. I thought him killing the queen was so ironic because if he was still a wraith, he'd never dream of doing that. it shows how much his nature has changed and how spiteful he really is. ...yet, for a strange reason, I still don't want to see him killed because it was atlantis who set these events in motion.

there were women in the athosian prisoners who sheppard's team freed... maybe michael just views men as stronger?

as for teyla, we probably won't know. she's a fighter and wouldn't take the easy way out and beg to be killed. I don't think she'd willingly let herself be killed so long as there was the slightest chance she could help her child either though...
              Last edited by naamiaiset; 08 March 2008, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                Spoiler:
                you mean michael's "former" culture. I thought him killing the queen was so ironic because if he was still a wraith, he'd never dream of doing that. it shows how much his nature has changed and how spiteful he really is. ...yet, for a strange reason, I still don't want to see him killed because it was atlantis who set these events in motion.

there were women in the athosian prisoners who sheppard's team freed... maybe michael just views men as stronger?

as for teyla, we probably won't know. she's a fighter and wouldn't take the easy way out and beg to be killed. I don't think she'd willingly let herself be killed so long as there was the slightest chance she could help her child either though...
                TLM spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                Hmmm, there was a lack of females in the crowd, but armies are often composed mostly of males. I think Michael's killing of the Queen is symbolic of his destruction of the entire Wraith culture. Without Queens there can be no more Wraith. And, as mentioned in a previous post, the Queens are the hive-leaders, so, in killing the Queen, he was both literally and figuratively depriving the Wraith of their head. Plus it was a great cinematic image. I loved the Queen's leather outfit. The leather armor style was a bit like what the Queen in Submersion was wearing; must be something they wear during battle.

As for Teyla, I can only guess that she tried to escape with the baby and was killed. Michael seemed to have plans for her in Kindred II so I don't think he would have simply killed her once the baby was delivered.

@Spikey: You might be right about the retrovirus not working on female Wraith. It didn't in its original form. But he is using the retrovirus to turn humans into hybrids. He's just out and out slaughtering the Wraith.

Several posts on other threads as well as on JM's blog imply that the galaxy went to hell just because Sheppard was gone. I don't see it that way. I think it went to hell because Michael was able to complete his work after he got his hands on Teyla's baby, or rather, the baby's DNA. Sheppard is pivotal only because McKay needed him to go back and fix things by rescuing Teyla or at least keeping the baby out of Michael's hands.

I can't believe I just posted about Michael and Teyla. And fashion Queens.

BTW Naami: I love your new sig. You come up with some of the best!
                Last edited by Sparrow_hawk; 08 March 2008, 01:00 PM. Reason: add a bit
                Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                  I think that having Teyla tagging along everywhere he would go was more of a nuisance. And I don't really see him keeping the kid either, after he's got what he wants from it. And then he can just as well get rid of Kanaan too.

And what he said to her, the last sentence... A silly expression. That was so 'Take this' of him. Not that I'm cheering for him. Not any more. He's way out of line, this time.

I wonder if they will let the baby live? Michael needs him to complete his plans, and so it's dangerous to have it around. They can't really put it on New Athos, cos Michael will show up there, Atlantis isn't maybe an option either, since Mikey has or will have Hives, and he WILL attack when he finds it (after invading her mind, he knows, right?), and do we really want a baby like that on Earth? Michael knows where Earth is, and he can sense Teyla from over 10,000 lightyears away, and if the baby is double as strong, he'll be able to do the same with the baby...

I think it's actually better if mommy and daddy don't have kids at all, aka die, Kanaan, die... And, same for the baby?

Again, your thoughts? Where is everybody?

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I think that having Teyla tagging along everywhere he would go was more of a nuisance. And I don't really see him keeping the kid either, after he's got what he wants from it. And then he can just as well get rid of Kanaan too.

And what he said to her, the last sentence... A silly expression. That was so 'Take this' of him. Not that I'm cheering for him. Not any more. He's way out of line, this time.

I wonder if they will let the baby live? Michael needs him to complete his plans, and so it's dangerous to have it around. They can't really put it on New Athos, cos Michael will show up there, Atlantis isn't maybe an option either, since Mikey has or will have Hives, and he WILL attack when he finds it (after invading her mind, he knows, right?), and do we really want a baby like that on Earth? Michael knows where Earth is, and he can sense Teyla from over 10,000 lightyears away, and if the baby is double as strong, he'll be able to do the same with the baby...

I think it's actually better if mommy and daddy don't have kids at all, aka die, Kanaan, die... And, same for the baby?

Hi Spikey!

Spoiler:
                    I think that Michael is only interested in the baby's DNA. If Michael gets him, he will keep him alive as a donor until the hybrids are perfected.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Teyla. Michael spoke about the bond between them becoming stronger after the baby is born, so maybe he intends to try turning her into a hybrid, too. He does have a very strong "bond" with all of them. Teyla would no doubt rather die than allow him to do that to her. All of which explains what happened in TLM.

When Teyla is rescued, I'm sure she will defend that baby like a lioness defends her cubs. She would not want to be separated from him. And my feeling is that they will keep the baby in Atlantis, where they have better control of the situation.

And then they will hit the reset button and the future will change!
                    Last edited by Sparrow_hawk; 08 March 2008, 01:57 PM. Reason: clarification
                    Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Naami, you were the one with the Todd siggy piccy, right?

Put it back! He's been good this week, so he deservest to be on here!

*Puts Sateda on*

Comment

As was said above, in TLM:
                        Spoiler:
                        The Todd - Ronon scene was perfect. I always wished that to happen. Todd dying in combat with one of the team. I thought Sheppard would be good, but with Ronon, it was surely better.
                        And about Michael, I will never forgive him to have killed the Queen (no matter it was another timeline). Now I really wish him to die as soon as possible. I wonder, could the Wraith suck the lifeforce of the hybrids?? I hope they can, and I hope Todd or some queen kills Michael like that.

Great episode, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                          TLM spoilers....
                          Spoiler:
                          This was the BEST exit for any two characters ever in the history of anything.

I'm still all teary-eyed...damn, that Ronon makes me cry every time....

Just gonna repost my comments from TLM thread...

This scene really hit me hard. I mean, Ronon wasn't gonna leave the PG until every last Wraith was dead - he hated 'em that much. In the end, his last ally is a Wraith, and side by side they fight, and they die. Not the way he imagined himself going out, I suppose. It was a truly beautiful moment...

The little smile he gives Todd just before he sets off the explosion is so touching - makes me tear up just thinking about it. Not only must he have seen the irony of the situation - dying alongside a Wraith ally instead of a fellow Lantean or Satedan - but I'd like to think in that moment, and for the first time in all his life, he felt admiration for a Wraith. They were equals afterall.

This scene was EVERYTHING I've ever wanted to see between these two, and then some. It'll be the scene that sticks with me the most because it was such a leap for Ronon - to go from hating Wraith, to going out in a blaze of glory alongside one. And you know he had to admire Todd - he KNEW Todd sacrificed his own life so Ronon's men could escape - he had Todd all wrong, and he realized it in the end.

I just hope they carry this idea over into S5 - I am totally spoiled now, and really want to see T&R team up for some more hand-to-hand baddie buttkicking. If they end up making Todd the next evil villain, it'll just ruin this whole moment because, I believe - regardless of the events leading up to it - this scene defined the sort of Wraith Todd really is.

Loved it. More satisfying to me than I could ever imagine.

Damn, it just kills me thinking about it.

das
                          My mom smiled at how they fought together and that ending to both was absolutely breath taking ronon for that part I sort of became thinking "Yeah ronon is a pretty awesome guy to change his whole attitude"
                          I loved that todd kept saying "Indeed" when they attacked each other in habit but the smile ronon gave and the little smile todd gave back really made it for me
                          And I agree I hope they can stop michael to change human and wraiths future It would be great to see todd and ronon battle along side they would make an unstoppable team
                          sigpic

Comment

Naami, you were the one with the Todd siggy piccy, right?

Put it back! He's been good this week, so he deservest to be on here!

*Puts Sateda on*
                            I put todd back, happy?

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                              once teyla is rescued and back on atlantis (it'll happen, she's in season five), has her son, and possibly kanaan still alive... do you think she'd let them be killed? I don't, and even atlantis isn't morally corrupt enough to do that. if michael is dead it should be safe to have the child on atlantis, unless someone else somehow knew about it's abilities, then maybe not... and if kanaan lives, what would happen with him? would michael's influence just fade eventually?

maybe teyla should just hire ronon and todd as bodyguards.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                once teyla is rescued and back on atlantis (it'll happen, she's in season five), has her son, and possibly kanaan still alive... do you think she'd let them be killed? I don't, and even atlantis isn't morally corrupt enough to do that. if michael is dead it should be safe to have the child on atlantis, unless someone else somehow knew about it's abilities, then maybe not... and if kanaan lives, what would happen with him? would michael's influence just fade eventually?

maybe teyla should just hire ronon and todd as bodyguards.
                                Good one the last sentence. Just imagine them both drinking beer in some Pegasus galaxy village while she's negotiaiting some "Tava beans".

Comment

Working...
                                X