No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a thought for y'all... do Wraith have "comfort food"? And if they do, what form might it take?

Steve: *lazes on sofa with TP, resting his head comfortably on her squishy tummy and sneaking his right hand up to her feeding spot*

Looks like I might be his comfort food then!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnNoxx View Post
      Thanks Ciannwn - I love all your art work.
      Thank you. They're photo manipulations, not traditional artwork, though - I can't draw or paint to save my life.
      Last edited by ciannwn; 19 March 2012, 01:31 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
        Here's a thought for y'all... do Wraith have "comfort food"? And if they do, what form might it take?
        Definition of comfort food from wikipedia -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfort_food

Comfort food is food prepared traditionally, that may have a nostalgic or sentimental appeal,
        Comfort foods may be consumed to positively pique emotions, to relieve negative psychological affects or to increase positive feelings.
        Maybe this is why some Wraith like eating ordinary food. We have no idea what Wraith childhood is like but it must be a time where they don't have responsibilities etc. Ordinary food to some Wraith, then, could have a sentimental/nostalgic appeal because it's a reminder of childhood.

Shawn seemed to think that enjoying good food and wine somehow made him more civilised than the average Wraith.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2...ipts/205.shtml

Our lineage may have diverged, but there are those of us who still retain an appreciation for finer things.
        WRAITH: Others of my kind would have destroyed your entire planet. But I am more civilised than that.
        This suggests that ordinary food fulfilled some psychological need but we have no idea why he should need to feel classier than most of his race.
        sigpic

Comment

Steve: *reads C's informative post* Well, in that case... *smothers TP in chocolate sauce* Now that's what I call comfort food!

TP:

PS I think Shawn just thought himself classier anyway (the way Erik considered himself a superior intellect!) and the food and wine was just a prop - as well as a handy way of blackmailing the mayor!
          sigpic

Comment

PS I think Shawn just thought himself classier anyway (the way Erik considered himself a superior intellect!) and the food and wine was just a prop - as well as a handy way of blackmailing the mayor!
            There's still the question of why Shawn thought himself classier. It's one that will never be answered, though.
            sigpic

Comment

Shawn: You mean you can't tell why I'm classier just by looking at me...?
              sigpic

Comment

Shawn: You mean you can't tell why I'm classier just by looking at me...?
                We're talking about the Wormhole X-Treme! version of you.
                sigpic

Comment

TP, your sig is sexcellent! My life force belongs to Gordon...and sometimes Jimmy...and sometimes Bob....
                  Read My Auto-die-ography here. That is my blog. That is all you need to know.
                  http://autumnnoxx.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnNoxx View Post
                    TP, your sig is sexcellent! My life force belongs to Gordon...and sometimes Jimmy...and sometimes Bob....
                    Thanks, sweetie!

There are 3 loves in my life... Todd, Steve and Mr TP!
                    sigpic

Comment

Todd in pole position - if you'll pardon that description - rather than Steve? Que?
                      sigpic

Comment

*covers Steve's ears* Yes, dear sister, our beloved Commander will always come first... and he knows that!

Todd: And so do Steve and Mr TP!
                        sigpic

Comment

While we're on the subject of egotistical insects...

Researching collective nouns and gender nouns for different animals today, the general agreement for insects is a swarm for the collective, drone for males and queen (fertile) or worker (infertile) for females.
                          The queen is not the "leader" of the hive, but actually only exists for reproduction purposes - it's the infertile female workers who really run the hive.

So technically speaking, Wraith queens ought to be surrounded by infertile FEMALE officers who do all the work and day-to-day running of the hive, and she ought to mate only with the male drones!!!

Or to put it another way... Worker bees, the girls, live 6 to 8 weeks and do all the work. Drone bees, the boys, have no stingers, and do no work, only mating. Queen bees, only one per hive, lay up to 2,500 eggs per day.
                          Wow! Busy queens!

Oh, and talking of collective nouns, I personally think the collective of Wraith ought to be "a gorgeousness of Wraith"
                          sigpic

Comment

Queen bees, only one per hive, lay up to 2,500 eggs per day.
                            Wow! Busy queens!
                            If Wraith are like insects it's no wonder queens now resort to secreting genetic material into pods.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh, and talking of collective nouns, I personally think the collective of Wraith ought to be "a gorgeousness of Wraith"
                              Yep, sounds pretty good to me!

Comment

And Wraith singular and plural, like sheep, not sheeps. Dunno why, it just sounds better to me. Anyone agree?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X