Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
    I can see now that this was not intended, but never theless, people were obviously getting that vibe, such that they felt posting auctions or fics or pics would have been an unwanted and unwelcome "interruption" of the Legacy discussion - and most improtantly, a discussion with little or no dissention.

Please correct me if I;m wrong, but that's certainly how I felt and the reason why I went so long without posting in the WDC - even to the point of unsubscribing the thread for a week or so

I;m happy to see we've coming to an accord again and might be able to get back some of that wonderful diversity
    Then perhaps the Legacy discussion should move to a different thread and the non-Legacy discussion can stay here?
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
      That technique is something common to lots of employment areas. I use it in supervisions, though we refer to it as a sh*tsandwich. Not terribly professional, but that is essentially what it is.

Honestly, I didn't know that you had an active LJ account, and I'm sorry your experience was less than satisfactory. It happens, I guess.
      Indeed, in essence it IS a sh*t sandwich and it can be unbelievably hard to find anything positive to say about some of the stuff I have to read for a living However, it has to be done - you HAVE to remember that these writers are human beings with feelings and they spent a lot of time and enrgy on that story, so it would be very unprofessional to devastate them with brutal criticism.
      There are people on the net who think they don;t have to offer others that same kind of respect.

Yep, I;m in there somewhere, Izzy... I opened an LJ profile about 3 yrs ago but didn;t get very far with it, though - I thought the people there were way too scary!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
        Then perhaps the Legacy discussion should move to a different thread and the non-Legacy discussion can stay here?
        Hopefully that won;t be necessary now that people who have felt excluded now know that it has just been a misunderstanding and that they CAN interrupt?
        sigpic

Comment

htink
          Sorry but seems like you had a spelling error there! As an editor, I thought you noticed all of those!
          I can see now that this was not intended, but never theless, people were obviously getting that vibe, such that they felt posting auctions or fics or pics would have been an unwanted and unwelcome "interruption" of the Legacy discussion
          I feel unwelcome because of some hypocritical members, not because of the Legacy books.
          My videos
          My art
          sigpic

Comment

Hopefully that won;t be necessary now that people who have felt excluded now know that it has just been a misunderstanding and that they CAN interrupt?
            It just seems like it keeps on being a problem, so maybe that's the logical solution? That way people who want to talk about Legacy won't disturb anyone else with it.
            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Please correct me if I;m wrong, but that's certainly how I felt and the reason why I went so long without posting in the WDC - even to the point of unsubscribing the thread for a week or so

I;m happy to see we've coming to an accord again and might be able to get back some of that wonderful diversity
              That is exactly why I hadn't posted in here sooner after I got back home. I wasn't going to post in here ever again, but seeing some of the ideas I put forth months ago resurfacing in here pushed me over the edge to post in here again and address it all.

I'm also hoping to get the diversity back, or I would not have bothered to post so much. As I said, I don't want WDC to be a zero-sum game, rather an ever-growing one. All aspects of the Wraith convos should add to the diversity and not displace others.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser-89 View Post
                Sorry but seems like you had a spelling error there! As an editor, I thought you noticed all of those!
                LOL! It;s a typo actually! And I most certainly would when I;m at work, but not on a Sunday night when I;m tired.

Edit: And you forgot to pick me up on the fact that I frequently type an ; instead of an '
                sigpic

Comment

It just seems like it keeps on being a problem, so maybe that's the logical solution? That way people who want to talk about Legacy won't disturb anyone else with it.
                  I personally would prefer to promise never to post here again if my presence is a problem. Seeing Wraith fans even further divided than they were in danger of becoming was not my intention
                  sigpic

Comment

LOL! It;s a typo actually! And I most certainly would when I;m at work, but not on a Sunday night when I;m tired.

Edit: And you forgot to pick me up on the fact that I frequently type an ; instead of an '
                    Well I'm not an editor like you
                    My videos
                    My art
                    sigpic

Comment

Well I'm not an editor like you
                      Just as well!

I'm way too tired and gonna head off now - nice to see you again, HR, even if it was just to jump on my back!
                      Do you and your queens fancy joining the pumpkin carving in the COH tomorrow?
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking the recurrent nature of the convos was because the issue was never fully addressed before, that being because people were still in various stages of reading the books. It is sounding like people are coming to understandings about where we are all coming from and wanting all things Wraith-related to stay here.

Also, there are a lot of frustrations being vented in here that have nothing to do with Legacy, but from all over the Wraith threads. Leeta summed up very well the feedback I've heard on those issues and hopefully we can all be more cognizant of them and make one another feel valued.

Comment

I feel unwelcome because of some hypocritical members, not because of the Legacy books.
                          Well, you are welcome. Very welcome, especially as you are one of the few blokes here on a regular basis.
                          sigpic

Comment

I didn`t post here for long time. Real life is hard. And most free time I spend with my dragons. I will have 2 weeks holiday in December and I will try to read all yours fanfic and check dA artworks.
                            I am not able to talk on scientific topics, but I like to read all posts.
                            All theories about Wraith are interesting for me.
                            Nothing special, but on one of my games there is pumpkin contest and I made Wraithy pumpkin:

Last edited by Bajka20; 30 October 2011, 04:42 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                              I'm thinking the recurrent nature of the convos was because the issue was never fully addressed before, that being because people were still in various stages of reading the books. It is sounding like people are coming to understandings about where we are all coming from and wanting all things Wraith-related to stay here.

Also, there are a lot of frustrations being vented in here that have nothing to do with Legacy, but from all over the Wraith threads. Leeta summed up very well the feedback I've heard on those issues and hopefully we can all be more cognizant of them and make one another feel valued.
                              I guess I don't understand what the downside is to another thread. After all, there are lots of threads for lots of things, and I'm subscribed to about fifteen! If it's a problem, why not just start another thread? Why fight about it instead of just solve the problem simply -- there's no limit to the number of threads after all, and the people on them overlap. For example, I'm not on the Todd Thunk Thread but I'm on the John Druitt Thunk Thread, and there's overlap with the WDC and with roleplaying threads I'm not on and the John/Helen Ship Appreciation Thread. People could be on both, and people who weren't interested in Legacy could just not join.
                              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Ciannwn, I think you;re missing the point entirely...
                                I have to admit that I have been getting very confused about what the point is. I think I got sidetracked by this -

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
                                There's also been some really good fan fic's written and fan art created lately, but it feels like only one, maybe two, people actually pay attention to other peoples work. Up until recently, I've always tried to read people's fan fics and commented on their art works. I personally began to feel fed up with certain members on this when they showed that they only cared about certain wraith artists on DA and made other wraith artists feel like their work wasn't good enough. Maybe this was unintentional, but this is the impression some of them have given. I am not the only one who feels this way.
                                Not all WDC members in the past have been fanfic readers but now I'm feeling a bit of an ogre because I'm not a fanfic reader. I don't try to track down Wraith art on other sites but I always try to comment on anything posted in this topic.

I can only express my own opinion here, but I htink it may be close to what others have been feeling. People are NOT getting upset about the diversity of likes and dislikes and discussions on WDC - just the opposite, as it;s that very diversity that I used to like so much about the WDC.

What;s been upsetting and frustrating is that feeling of being actively excluded... almost like that scene in the school playground where you walk over to join a group of friends, but they all turn away and stand shoulder-to-shoulder in order to keep you out of the game
                                I'm sorry if it came across like that. MGM has authorised the Legacy series to be Season 6 in novel form so they're something new to talk about now that there won't be any more seasons on TV or any movies. The drawback, of course, is not all WDC members want to read the books and you gave the first one a try and didn't like it. Nobody's obliged to like them any more than we were obliged to like every story involving Wraith on TV, though. I don't like everything about them either.

Spoiler:
                                I find the Teyla/Sheppard relationship sub plot really dull and wish they'd find a potted plant and get it over with. SGA fans who are Teyla/Sheppard shippers will be loving these parts of the books, though.

I can see now that this was not intended, but never theless, people were obviously getting that vibe, such that they felt posting auctions or fics or pics would have been an unwanted and unwelcome "interruption" of the Legacy discussion - and most improtantly, a discussion with little or no dissention.
                                There have been a couple of other discussion topics in here recently. There was one about the possibility of Wraith being cold blooded and another about mythological/archetypal themes. As I said in another post, I used Boris and his hunters as an example of the Welsh Gwyn ap Nudd and his hounds even though they were long dead by the start of the Legacy series. New discussion topics about TV Wraith have been fewer and further in between lately because it's getting harder and harder to think of something that hasn't been discussed a dozen times before.

Unreleased video footage and production pics would have provided us with something new to talk about and thunk over. A big WDC tradition was naming newly discovered Wraith - maybe the production pics includes one which new members can name. Auction items have been another source of discussion and speculation. Sadly, because some people felt they were unwelcome, these things didn't get posted so there wasn't much to talk about other than the Legacy books.

This requires people posting diverse things. I've been in this topic for several years and have run out of inspiration where suggestions are concerned.
                                Last edited by ciannwn; 02 November 2011, 02:35 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X