Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carrion Kitten View Post
    and I'd pretty much settled on which fan theories I prefer. I do feel a tiny bit guilty sticking with "fanon" rather than Legacy canon, though... oh well.
    There are so many fan theories that it would be impossible for any author/authors to please everyone.
    sigpic

Comment

Also, coldness isn't unheard of as a result of hypoglycaemia, which Rodney probably would have after a while in a Wraith cocoon.

One of my favourite books has a character which looks really unusual because the authors thought it looked cool, and then they had to justify it in the book later. I think the Hive Ship mist is a little bit like that. :grin:

I write Wraith has having a somewhat lower body temperature, but still warm-blooded, myself.

As for Neera, she was to be bait, so she might be wearing less than what would normally be comfortable for that purpose. I see women in short skirts around town a lot still, and temperatures here are in the negative after sunset now.
      Some centuries, it just doesn't pay to get out of hibernation...

Fanfiction * Into the Hive - A Wraith-centric ficlet collection * Hive Ebonstar - A collection of Wraith headcanons and character references

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
        The mist was there to hide all the cables wire and mark spots for the actors.
        Oh and it looked spooooky!
        That's probably the real life reason but TPTB never bothered to give us an 'in story' reason. Maybe they couldn't think of one.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
          I have just had a thought. What if Wraith don't have sweat glands, like us, so need a cooler environment to function? What if their internal body temp is higher than humans?
          No sweat glands like us would mean no stinky socks.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
            That's probably the real life reason but TPTB never bothered to give us an 'in story' reason. Maybe they couldn't think of one.
            I prefer the fan reasons the some over some of the turkey ones that TPTB normally came up with.
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

No sweat glands like us would mean no stinky socks.
              What do they do when it´s too hot for them... on a planet for example? Pant like dogs?
              sigpic

Comment

I prefer the fan reasons the some over some of the turkey ones that TPTB normally came up with.
                So what fan reasons for the mist have you come across?

Originally posted by WraithCat View Post
                What do they do when it´s too hot for them... on a planet for example? Pant like dogs?
                Maybe they lose heat through their facial slits.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WraithCat View Post
                  They take off their clothes, as any human, as Greg did. Other very different thing is if there are other wraith arround and they have to keep their wraith elegant look.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dianamuca View Post
                    They take off their clothes, as any human, as Greg did. Other very different thing is if there are other wraith arround and they have to keep their wraith elegant look.
                    Why did Eddie take off clothes? Whatever the reason I wish more sexy Wraith boys had followed his example.
                    https://picasaweb.google.com/ciannwn...66233531234530

PS: Rephrasing the above sentence. I wish a lot more of our sexy Wraith boys had followed his example. I wasn't trying to imply that there were Wraith who were more sexy than Eddie.
                    sigpic

Comment

So what fan reasons for the mist have you come across?
                      None that are worth repeating on this fine example of a message board.
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

Clearly, they go skinny-dipping when they're too warm.

...At least a girl can hope, eh?

Fanfiction * Into the Hive - A Wraith-centric ficlet collection * Hive Ebonstar - A collection of Wraith headcanons and character references

Comment

None that are worth repeating on this fine example of a message board.
                          OK, everyone. Why do Wraith hives have a lot of mist?
                          sigpic

Comment

So its easier to play footsie and not get caught?

You naught little girls you.
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

*trips over a Wraith and Worshipper* Ah hem... mist problem, solved. As is the clothing issue, apparently.
                              sigpic

Comment

OK, everyone. Why do Wraith hives have a lot of mist?
                                Maybe they just like to party and can't be bothered turning off the fog machines?

Comment

Working...
                                X