Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
    I merely asked if she could think of a way to help get it back to what it was.
    The show ended more than 2 years ago, and there are no signs that there will be ever a movie or another season.... so, sorry to shatter your hopes, but it will never be again as it once was. That also means the books are the only official continuation (as everyone else already pointed out). What is the problem about books? Is it because they are books and someone has to take some time to read it, or is it about how the Wraith are written in there? Sure, not everyone likes the Wraith as described in the books, but there are also some things about Wraith in the show I didn´t like how they were shown there...... and there are also some things I don´t like how the Wraith are seen by some people in this thread..... but do I complain about that? No. I just ignore it. I don´t have a problem with people having other opinions than me.... or vice versa, most of the time I have a different opinion than other people. My posts get generally ignored because of that.
    I don´t think people hate you because you don´t like the books.
    So, what is all the fuss about?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WraithCat View Post
      but do I complain about that? No. I just ignore it.
      Spoiler:

Comment

My posts get generally ignored because of that.
        *hugs WC*

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
        Spoiler:
        Explain this to me.
        sigpic

Comment

My posts get generally ignored because of that.
          Until recently I was ignored every time I mentioned Jungian psychology in here.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
            Explain this to me.
            Just a little Wraith humor.

Comment

Just a little Wraith humor.
              ooh x 20...
              The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Spoiler:
                Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                Explain this to me.
                I don´t get it either. Did I say something wrong? You know I´m not a native speaker and sometimes I get the wrong words. So if I made some mistakes, please point them out.

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                Until recently I was ignored every time I mentioned Jungian psychology in here.
                I think I´m used to it. I just don´t post much in the WDC anymore...... but I never did anyway.
                Last edited by Gatecat; 23 October 2011, 12:00 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

I don´t get it either.:
                  Neither do I unless it's something to do with the goat's expression. (All supposing that it is a goat and not a member of a related species.)
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey dear friends, what the hell is all the discussion you are having? I have been reading the threads now after I asked about Wraith blood (if they are cold or hot) and... WEEEEEEEEEE XD You seem to be pissed off one another

PLEASE, WE ARE ALL ADULTS HERE and as Draco Stellaris said
                    Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                    We pride ourselves with being tolerant and have a reputation for being so all over the forum and all over the net, in fact.
                    So, please, do not have more ugly discussions. If we all like the Wraiths, WE HAVE A COMMON TASTE, dont we?

Another popular etcetera.

There's also non-Legacy discussions. Recent ones are -

1: Are Wraith cold blooded? (Discussion based on things in the TV show - Rodney saying Hives are cold, faced males wearing heavy clothing)

2: Mythological/archetypal themes. There are 5 seasons to look at here for people who don't want to include the Legacy books. I used Boris and his hunters as an example of the Underworld Hunter and his hounds. Boris and co. were killed in Season 3 - the only relevance they have to the Legacy books is that it was probably Boris's hive which destroyed Sateda.

3: What Earth TV shows would the Wraith enjoy?.
                    1) I dont know if their blood is cold or hot, but I tend to think it's mild at least, but not cold coz if that was true, they wouldnt be wearing so heavy leather jackets - which are, by the way, cold and heat insulators - but if they used as heat insulators they wouldnt have the HiveShip aisles cold as Rodney once said ^^

2) ¿?¿?¿? what? XD

3) They woudlnt definitely enjoy any hehehehe. I dont imagine them as watching TV shows at all!

Comment

Neither do I unless it's something to do with the goat's expression. (All supposing that it is a goat and not a member of a related species.)
                      It's a mountain goat. I have pictures of several of these balancing on rocky crags from my visit to Alaska last year.

Wraith, Wraith, Todd, Wraith, Dave, Wraith, Todd...
                      sigpic

Comment

Regarding the Legacy series, I prefer to consider it "AU canon" rather than "TV series canon". On one hand, it's officially sanctioned by MGM and it's the only continuation we're likely to ever get. On the other hand, IIRC the details that have been released from the Extinction script contradicts the plot of the Legacy series, so if Extinction had been made, Legacy would not be "official SGA canon". So it's entirely optional whether one wishes to consider it canon or not.

Although I do enjoy the books, I have mixed feelings about how the Wraith are portrayed. Admittedly this is partly because between when SGA ended and when Legacy was announced, I'd had plenty of time to contemplate the many unanswered questions about Wraith which at the time I figured would never be officially answered, and I'd pretty much settled on which fan theories I prefer. I do feel a tiny bit guilty sticking with "fanon" rather than Legacy canon, though... oh well.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luna Fantasma - Wraith Lover View Post
                          but if they used as heat insulators they wouldnt have the HiveShip aisles cold as Rodney once said ^^
                          I don't recall Rodney reporting what the actual temperature was. Some people feel cold when others don't unless the temperature really is very low.

Neera's costume doesn't look like it would keep her very warm unless worshippers who've had the gift of life don't feel the cold so much.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...950&fullsize=1

TPTB didn't tell us much about hive ships and they never did explain what all the mist is there for.
                          sigpic

Comment

The mist was there to hide all the cables wire and mark spots for the actors.
                            Oh and it looked spooooky!
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

Different people are comfortable at different temperatures. Myself, I am comfortable wearing short sleeves at temperatures where most people around where I live feel the need to wear jackets. I am inclined to think that the temperature on Wraith hiveships is moderately cool - warm enough that Neera isn't in danger of freezing, but cool enough that many people (Rodney, for instance) might find it uncomfortable.

Actually, if I remember correctly, Neera did use the excuse of cuddling with John "for warmth", so she might have been a bit chilly as well.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luna Fantasma - Wraith Lover View Post
                                1) I dont know if their blood is cold or hot, but I tend to think it's mild at least, but not cold coz if that was true, they wouldnt be wearing so heavy leather jackets - which are, by the way, cold and heat insulators - but if they used as heat insulators they wouldnt have the HiveShip aisles cold as Rodney once said ^^
                                *snaps fingers* Dang, that's what Worshippers are for. Insulation! Which means each of us get at least two of our own Wraith to keep warm. *drags a duvet and some hot water bottles into a cosy bed* Any takers?

I have just had a thought. What if Wraith don't have sweat glands, like us, so need a cooler environment to function? What if their internal body temp is higher than humans?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X