No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the script says that Astor was trying to assess Teyla's health. But I like to think that he sensed something different about her. Since he has no concept of personal space he thought he'd just stick his nose right in her face.

Originally posted by WraithSlave View Post
    I am going to watch those two episodes today Bullseye seems like he couldn't hurt a fly, he seems like a sweet wraith when you look at his expressions.
    He really does. He seems almost gentle to me.

This is the best wraith stare down. I should make a video of it in slow motion

and yes i must post the images... *daydream sigh*

Spoiler:
    If i was Teyla, i would have kissed his nose
    I would of.
    The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Spoiler:

Has anyone noticed the very faint tat on his left temple that looks like a curled fern top? I hadto enhance the pic to check to see if I'd imagined it, but I haven't.
      sigpic

Comment

I am going to watch those two episodes today Bullseye seems like he couldn't hurt a fly, he seems like a sweet wraith when you look at his expressions.
        Originally posted by Leeta View Post
        He really does. He seems almost gentle to me.
        I don't get why the DVD commentators said he looked scary and like trouble. He never does anything but roll his eyes at Hairy and glare a bit in Ronon's direction as Ronon shadows Todd on the way to Jen's lab. I think he looks serene and contemplative with his large eyes, especially when he is sitting down at the Daedalus consoles, like his is in his element.

Do it!!!!

Originally posted by Isolde
        Has anyone noticed the very faint tat on his left temple that looks like a curled fern top? I had to enhance the pic to check to see if I'd imagined it, but I haven't.
        So subtle... could also be a birthmark?

Comment

So about the sucker and Wraiths being right and left handed, is Betty a lefty?
          Here she is holding Sheppard down with her right hand and raising her left:
          Spoiler:
          My videos
          My art
          sigpic

Comment

If i was Teyla, i would have kissed his nose [/SPOILERS]
            My first thought exactly! LOL

I miss Astor, too... those triplets (Eddie, Rocky and Astor) were just so much godamned FUN!!!
            sigpic
            Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Yes, this Wraith is the one with the goggles. At the point where he is fighting Ronon in the dark, he has removed the goggles. His eyes flash a blueish glow before the thermal images are shown:
              I did not notice that. Time for a Atlantis rerun for me. But that is nice, more cool things Wraith can do, is there no end to their talents.

I guess the main reason why they have 'em in the first place was to make them look scarier... They dont's serve any actual purpose just like nothing ever does in SGA
              I do not know how scary it makes them look, but it is a interesting facial feature. That being said that I have long been thinking that sooner or later Todd will be holding Teyla's baby and the child will jam his fingers up those nostrils. I just can not get that thought out of my mind.

Beautiful picture. Oh spine spikes, though his pants are in the way, we do not get to see how far down those spikes do this time either. I want Wraith stripping right this instant. Oh and I love his hair.

I have postulated also that Wraith see a wider range of the spectrum than us? Slit pupils aid with hunting and also for night vision as colour is enhanced.
              It could be they have a more cat like vision, there are advantages to having slitted pupils instead of round ones. Though if I do not remember wrong slitted pupils do have a tendency to mean less depth perception, though other areas are far advanced especially at night. I know that allot of cats have a problem with depth perception, though when it comes to animal eyes I am no expert.

That reminds me, it is a shame that slit pupils seams to be not as popular with alien and creature design now as before, now it is all black eyes all the way, and while I agree that for horror the all black pit eyes are more scary, there is something graceful with slitted pupils that I think should be used more, though I might just be biased on those kind of eyes since I love cats so much.

Oh and great article you posted, very interesting reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagazussa View Post
                Though if I do not remember wrong slitted pupils do have a tendency to mean less depth perception, though other areas are far advanced especially at night. I know that allot of cats have a problem with depth perception, though when it comes to animal eyes I am no expert.
                I don't know about cats either, but the way Steve moves with martial artist grace while fighting Teyla suggests they can quickly and accurately gauge distances and depth.

Comment

Depth perception is closely related to binocular vision and is typically found in predatory animals, although bats (and some other species) also require this in order to be able to pick a particluar fruit, a branch. It basically allows for fine definition.

Depth Perception

http://science.jrank.org/pages/2011/...erception.html
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                    Depth perception is closely related to binocular vision and is typically found in predatory animals, although bats (and some other species) also require this in order to be able to pick a particluar fruit, a branch. It basically allows for fine definition.

Depth Perception

http://science.jrank.org/pages/2011/...erception.html
                    Thanks, that was another great article.

BTW, ever notice how "the bad guys" of any species seem to develop spontaneous depth perception problems, especially in showdown shoot-out scenes, allowing the "heroes" to have multiple near misses and find cover safely?

Comment

BTW, ever notice how "the bad guys" of any species seem to develop spontaneous depth perception problems, especially in showdown shoot-out scenes, allowing the "heroes" to have multiple near misses and find cover safely?
                      This is true for the good guys as well as there is a tendency in various action scenes for people to shoot and shoot, and shoot at one another, at rather close range and no one hits anyone before one of the heroes is dramatically hit in the leg or the arm.
                      Last edited by Hagazussa; 23 March 2011, 07:43 PM. Reason: Spelling error.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Seriously? For me, unraveling the mystery of Quicksilver and being blindsided by it was up there with finding out Snape's full story in Harry Potter. I'm also waiting on if Murtagh is good or evil and who the next dragon rider will be in Eragon this November.
                        Spoiler:
                        Orb, you legend. You have pretty much the same taste in reading material and characters as me! I thrived on finding out more about Sevvie Snape. He's one of my six muses, but I still felt a bit cut that he was in love with Lily Potter. It made a fair bit of my pre-existing fanfic redundant. As for the Eragon series - I have been thirsting for the next book for ages. Can't wait to find out what happens. With Quicksilver though, I am only half way through The Lost now (read it yesterday afternoon when I was guarding the Junior Medical Officer's House), and I am just started to suspect who he is. If it's who I think -
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                          If I was Teyla I would have done a lot more than just kiss him!
                          sigpic

Comment

Can someone photoshop Dani Filth from the band Cradle of filth, as a Wraith??! I am curious to see what he looks like as one !

Spoiler:

Comment

I think that if Teyla had kissed his nose there he would have died from shock, though seeing his expression might be fun.

I want the top that artist you posted a picture of is wearing. That being said he looks like he is already related to our dear white haired darlings.

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                Hehe, I agree with Hagazussa, if she'd kissed him on the nose he would have got a shock Having said that I'm sure there are a number of us who would kiss him anyway
                                Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                                Has anyone noticed the very faint tat on his left temple that looks like a curled fern top? I hadto enhance the pic to check to see if I'd imagined it, but I haven't.
                                Ooh, purty. You must have X-ray vision Is
                                Can someone photoshop Dani Filth from the band Cradle of filth, as a Wraith??! I am curious to see what he looks like as one !

Spoiler:
                                Now he looks like he'd make a good Wraith
                                Originally posted by Hagazussa View Post
                                I think that if Teyla had kissed his nose there he would have died from shock, though seeing his expression might be fun.

I want the top that artist you posted a picture of is wearing. That being said he looks like he is already related to our dear white haired darlings.
                                I agree, although if he just fainted that would give us an excuse to rush in and give him the kiss of life

Comment

Working...
                                X