Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
    *starts to drooooooool*
    The version in my siggie is actually a manip. I wanted his manic grinning expression and added the feeding hand.
    That explains why I couldn't find it.
    sigpic

Comment

Had to share this...

Watching the BBC's "Human Planet" I was fascinated with a South American rainforest tribe called the Awa.

This tribe eat monkeys - lots of them. However, they also keep many monkeys as pets and care for them so tenderly that they are considered a part of the family - even to the extent of women breastfeeding orphaned baby monkeys.

And yet they eat monkeys by the dozen. One woman explained it: "Pets are not tasty," she said, "We only eat monkeys of the forest."
      She also explained that if a baby monkey is orphaned in the hunt, they will take it in as part of the family and they care for their monkey pets as much as their own children.

You getting my drift yet?

I see no reason at all why Wraith cannot have a similar relationship with their food.

Perhaps long before the war with the Ancients, Wraith cohabited planets with humans and viewed them in much the same way the Awa view monkeys.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
        Had to share this...

Watching the BBC's "Human Planet" I was fascinated with a South American rainforest tribe called the Awa.

This tribe eat monkeys - lots of them. However, they also keep many monkeys as pets and care for them so tenderly that they are considered a part of the family - even to the extent of women breastfeeding orphaned baby monkeys.

And yet they eat monkeys by the dozen. One woman explained it: "Pets are not tasty," she said, "We only eat monkeys of the forest."
        She also explained that if a baby monkey is orphaned in the hunt, they will take it in as part of the family and they care for their monkey pets as much as their own children.

I see no reason at all why Wraith cannot have a similar relationship with their food.

Perhaps long before the war with the Ancients, Wraith cohabited planets with humans and viewed them in much the same way the Awa view monkeys.
        I'll go with this. I believe Worshippers are important to Wraith most obviously because of the horizontal tango. Oh, and bathing duty, with caring for hair, and oiling of skin.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
          I'll go with this. I believe Worshippers are important to Wraith most obviously because of the horizontal tango. Oh, and bathing duty, with caring for hair, and oiling of skin.

Plus, there is mending and washing clothes, manicuring taloned nails, polishing boots...

Comment

Ah, but the Awa do these things for their monkeys... more oil, please, Steve
            sigpic

Comment

Hmmm... I see. Tooddddd!

Todd: Back to my thread, Iz. NOW!

*glares at preening dandy Steve* Yes, Todd... *runs back to thread*
              sigpic

Comment

Don't forget about who styles their hair. Someone has to put little braids in it or back comb those dreads.

Oops Isolde said the hair part already. I still don't see them doing each others hair.
                The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Had to share this...

TPTB don't always keep these things in mind when they want to make a considerably terrifying enemy that the Lanteans shoot without turning a hair.

darn had a technical question to ask but forgot it...oh yeah thats it..

I know that the warriors are fully grown when they emerge from the pods. but what about the faced wraith? do they also some out fully emerged or do they develop like we so? I know this has been answered before and recently but, I can't find it..

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
                    I know that the warriors are fully grown when they emerge from the pods. but what about the faced wraith? do they also some out fully emerged or do they develop like we so? I know this has been answered before and recently but, I can't find it..
                    I wouldn't say that the warriors emerge fully grown... I seem to recall the newborn warrior in "Spoils of War" looking awfully puny compared to other warriors.

I don't remember any information about how faced males are born ever being given on the show. Ellia was found as a small child, though, so females at least aren't born/hatched fully grown.
                    Last edited by Carrion Kitten; 03 February 2011, 10:06 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
                      TPTB don't always keep these things in mind when they want to make a considerably terrifying enemy that the Lanteans shoot without turning a hair.
                      I'm not that interested in what TPTB think, cos I think we all know where they were coming from

Just wondered if it might generate a little discussion since the WDC has been so quiet recently. Ah well... *wanders off to play pet to some lucky wraith! LOL
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carrion Kitten View Post
                        I wouldn't say that the warriors emerge fully grown... I seem to recall the newborn warrior in "Spoils of War" looking awfully puny compared to other warriors.

I don't remember any information about how faced males are born ever being given on the show. Ellia was found as a small child, though, so females at least aren't born/hatched fully grown.
                        According to Jo Graham, author of the new books, our faced Wraith and Queens are gestated. As these have been approved by MGM, then I would say they are about as canon as we can get san an actual film.

More Wraithiness... This will give you some insight as to where the books are heading. The comments are particularly interesting.
                        sigpic

Comment

Had to share this...

I see a strong resemblance Totally off topic but I must confess I'm scared to death of monkeys. If I ever saw one for real, I believe I'd die. Phew! Had to get this off my chest before someone starts posting "cute" monkey pictures

Originally posted by Carrion Kitten View Post
                          I find it hard to believe that faced males would born fully grown. They're intelligent, not just simple minded creatures like the drones who are born more or less fully grown. If I remember corectly wasn't Ellia supposed to be male at fist? Then the writers thought a female would seem much more vulnerable.
                          sigpic

Comment

This will give you some insight as to where the books are heading. The comments are particularly interesting.
                            That's a really interesting idea. Perhaps Jean-Luc was Akasha's pallax or consort because he seemed to be very upset by her death.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leleth View Post
                              If I remember corectly wasn't Ellia supposed to be male at fist? Then the writers thought a female would seem much more vulnerable.
                              I think it was J Mallozzi who revealed that behind the scenes detail. Obviously there was no thought put into what this would mean for Wraith biology and the species life cycle.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                                That's a really interesting idea. Perhaps Jean-Luc was Akasha's pallax or consort because he seemed to be very upset by her death.
                                Absolutely.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X