No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I would definitely agree that Common Ground was THE best episode. It portrayed wraith as rounded, real individuals with complex emotions. Sadly, they went on to become two-dimensional "baddies"
    I heard a rumour that Common Ground was written by a different writer. IMHO it shows. It;s also why - in spite of my infactuation with STeve - Todd will always be special.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
      <--- is basically what I look like everytime I see one.
      Me too! In fact I'm so bad that I know the counter number for all the eps with wraith in them - I only ever watch eps with wraith and I fast forward through the boring human bits! Oh, to have the talent to be able to splice DVDs so that I can have wall-to-wall wraith uninterrupted by puny humans! LOL
      sigpic

Comment

I would love that. I want back to back wraith scenes and any scene with them 'dying' the blood or whatever would be replaced with something cute so they wouldn't truly be dead. I was thinking maybe photoshop an empty bottle of rum in Steve's cage or when Greg is hit by the missle it explodes with flowers instead and next scene he'd be walking away with his wicked grin.
        The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
          Me too! In fact I'm so bad that I know the counter number for all the eps with wraith in them - I only ever watch eps with wraith and I fast forward through the boring human bits! Oh, to have the talent to be able to splice DVDs so that I can have wall-to-wall wraith uninterrupted by puny humans! LOL
          I have often wished that I could buy a DVD with only the Wraith episodes and would do so. You taking it one step further with only the Wraith scenes is even better! I just don't want to spend the money on discs filled mostly with episodes of puny humans.

Comment

Todd in Common Ground was the first episode I ever saw and I fell hook line and sinker. I watched all the SGA eps but was disappointed that they didn't pick up on the potential of the wraith from Common Ground. I also somehow missed Steve's ep until the re-runs Even though I;d already joined GW and called myself Todd's Pet, when I saw Steve I was completely smitten
            That's pretty much my story too! Todd demonstrated that Wraith had depth and feelings and weren't just the single dimensional characters they'd been up til then. The fact that he was easy on the eye was just an added bonus that complemented his fascinating character.

Erik showed some capacity for character development and I was so disappointed when he was missing when S3 began!

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
              I have often wished that I could buy a DVD with only the Wraith episodes and would do so. You taking it one step further with only the Wraith scenes is even better! I just don't want to spend the money on discs filled mostly with episodes of puny humans.
              Seeing a gap in the market here...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trillian52 View Post
                That's pretty much my story too! Todd demonstrated that Wraith had depth and feelings and weren't just the single dimensional characters they'd been up til then. The fact that he was easy on the eye was just an added bonus that complemented his fascinating character.

Erik showed some capacity for character development and I was so disappointed when he was missing when S3 began!
                Yep, resurrect Steve and Erik!

And Bob and Shawn and Craig and Aurora and... heck, just bring 'em ALL back!
                sigpic

Comment

It would be so cool to make an entirely wraith filled DVD that pointed out things like "Steve Lives!" and Eddies "death". It's probably a good thing I don't have the DVD's, the obsessiveness that would result might scare a few people

Originally posted by Trillian52 View Post

Might explain why Erik was the first wraith I had a crush on That was very odd though, when he just disappeared.

Comment

I would love that. I want back to back wraith scenes and any scene with them 'dying' the blood or whatever would be replaced with something cute so they wouldn't truly be dead. I was thinking maybe photoshop an empty bottle of rum in Steve's cage or when Greg is hit by the missle it explodes with flowers instead and next scene he'd be walking away with his wicked grin.
                    Did you see my old sig?

Eddie is singing a serenade.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KyshaMalini View Post
                      Might explain why Erik was the first wraith I had a crush on That was very odd though, when he just disappeared.
                      James Lafazanos left the show from what I've heard. We were told a lot of the Wraith on board the hive died because of the retrovirus so that was one way of explaining what happened to Erik.
                      sigpic

Comment

I would sooooooo love to see that!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bajka20 View Post
                          Did you see my old sig?

Eddie is singing a serenade.
                          I love it!! That is much better than the show!! Maybe I will attempt to make an 'alternate cut' of one of the boys 'dying'.
                          The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Have y'all seen this yet? It's Steve's ep but with a new ending - BRILLIANT!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfIn4VheY4
                            sigpic

Comment

Have y'all seen this yet? It's Steve's ep but with a new ending - BRILLIANT!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfIn4VheY4
                              brilliant! nice find.

Comment

Hi Mercy Moon - good to see you *hugs*

I've had it for ages - along with Serenata For Steve that makes me cry every time I watch it
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FIEfUgOOqY&NR=1
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X