Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leleth View Post

BTW has it ever been mentioned anywhere how the writers or makeup/wardrope department came up with the Wraith look? I remember the article where CH talked about playing Todd and the article about queens with Andee, but any info what characters or creatures were used as example when creating the Wraith?
    Moorcock's character Prince... damn I have forgotten the name. Someone help me out here.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh no! Well good thing you eventually changed your mind

BTW has it ever been mentioned anywhere how the writers or makeup/wardrope department came up with the Wraith look? I remember the article where CH talked about playing Todd and the article about queens with Andee, but any info what characters or creatures were used as example when creating the Wraith?
      Steve and Todd thoroughly changed my mind.

I don't know the backstory of Wraith design but my best guess is, they needed a costume that wasn't too expensive and could be accomplished my means of make-up and dress, as opposed to computer-generated aliens.

EDIT: Izzy was faster and has the explanation.

Comment

Haha when I first started watching the show, I didn't really give the wraith any second thoughts. They were just there, as the bad guys, and I never really payed much attention to them Then I found this site and started lurking around, and once I found the wraith threads I started rewatching some episodes and started noticing them more! And my fangirl period began It took me a while to sign up here though.

Michael signature by Draygon. Others by me - My Wraith Art

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
          Moorcock's character Prince... damn I have forgotten the name. Someone help me out here.
          Elric!

I read somewhere that the viper pits are supposed to remind the viewers of sharks.

Comment

The first wraith I ever saw was on someone's signature on another forum. It was 2 ago years I think. The signature had Steve with some title. I forgot what it read.

Anyway I thought wow that alien is hot. So I whispered the person about the signature and thats how I found out about Atlantis. If I had never seen that signature I might of not even have gotten into the wraith. So basically...the wraith are the only reason I got into Stargate to begin with.

I ended up loving the show and was excited everytime there was a wraith episode. I remember being excited when I saw Steve because I didn't think I'd see him so soon into the show.
            The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
              Anyway I thought wow that alien is hot. So I whispered the person about the signature and thats how I found out about Atlantis. If I had never seen that signature I might of not even have gotten into the wraith. So basically...the wraith are the only reason I got into Stargate to begin with.
              I never knew that SGA existed either, just the original movie. I watched all the Wraith episodes first, then went back and watched all of the SGA episodes in proper order.

Comment

I knew and seen the original movie and knew about the original series. I haven't fully watch the original series actually.

I always thought the Romulans from Star trek were good looking but the Wraith became a definate number 1 for me. I was never even obsessed with the Romulans as I am with the Wraith or even with any other fandom and I can get really obsessed. They definatey have an appeal to them. I obviously got my prefered wraiths like everyone else but I still love them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                  I admit my first thought was 'That alien looks ugly' when I first saw a Wraith. But never ever would I have compared him to an orc.
                  Me too My first thought was along the lines of "OMG, Morlocks!" (The Time Machine 2002 higher caste Morlocks)
                  Spoiler:

When I saw Hellboy 2, I saw Nuada and went OMG, Wraith!

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                    Elric!

I read somewhere that the viper pits are supposed to remind the viewers of sharks.
                    Ah Elric, yes I see the resemblence

Sharks? Maybe that's the reason behind the pointy teeth too

I saw the Stargate movie when it came out (was it 1994? Wow, I was eight years old!) and I used to watch the show regulary back in my teens, but for some reason stopped. Then the SGA DVD boxes were released and I saw them on sale at a local supermarket. Quick look on the cover, the plot seemed interesting and I decided to buy the first season. One of the best decisions ever!
                    Last edited by Leleth; 21 December 2010, 11:14 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                      I've always felt Wraith have a striking similarity to Drow. I think it's the white hair, and the leather combined with all that machismo.

Ain't he pretty?
                      Wow! *pictures Steve in that outfit* mmmmmmm
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Why sharks? You see viper pits on... well... vipers!
                        sigpic

Comment

I never knew that SGA existed either, just the original movie. I watched all the Wraith episodes first, then went back and watched all of the SGA episodes in proper order.
                          Todd in Common Ground was the first episode I ever saw and I fell hook line and sinker. I watched all the SGA eps but was disappointed that they didn't pick up on the potential of the wraith from Common Ground. I also somehow missed Steve's ep until the re-runs Even though I;d already joined GW and called myself Todd's Pet, when I saw Steve I was completely smitten

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
                          They definatey have an appeal to them. I obviously got my prefered wraiths like everyone else but I still love them all.
                          Me too!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                            Why sharks? You see viper pits on... well... vipers!
                            I don't remember the show ever naming them as viper pits or referring to them at all. Like Neo's goggles, I think TPTB just thought side facial slits would look predatory and cool. Here is a photo of a great white shark's nostrils:

Whatever the intent was, the viper pits are fascinating and make the Wraith all the more thunkable.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                              Todd in Common Ground was the first episode I ever saw and I fell hook line and sinker. I watched all the SGA eps but was disappointed that they didn't pick up on the potential of the wraith from Common Ground. I also somehow missed Steve's ep until the re-runs Even though I;d already joined GW and called myself Todd's Pet, when I saw Steve I was completely smitten
                              I watched that one first too. Everyone said Common Ground was the best Stargate episode ever, especially for Wraith portrayal and Wraith screen time. Todd is one of the most fascinating characters ever developed.

Comment

The viper pits were one of the first things I noticed particulary on Steve watching it the first time. It didn't make me think of sharks though. I didn't really know what to think of I just thought they were unique looking.

<--- is basically what I look like everytime I see one.

I very much agree about Todd being an interesting character. It's just too bad he wasn't used more.

edit: You what I use to think about the pits actually I use to wonder if they helped them smell things.

Comment

Working...
                                X