No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see Steve or Shawn doing any farming, gathering, or hunting (that doesn't involve quick, clean culling beams). Their nails would get dirty. Greg, yes. Steve and Shawn, no. So, they would also need food to feed the worshippers who would get food and cook for them.

Comment

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
      The Wraith in the canon have shown an inability to sustainably hunt their human food source, so what's to say that they won't simply decimate planet after planet?
      With long periods of hibernation, they were able to manage their human herds, but the arrival of the new Lanteans ruined that system as long as they remain in Pegasus. No hibernation, no sustainability.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
        I can't see Steve or Shawn doing any farming, gathering, or hunting (that doesn't involve quick, clean culling beams). Their nails would get dirty. Greg, yes. Steve and Shawn, no. So, they would also need food to feed the worshippers who would get food and cook for them.
        I volunteer my services for that particular task (evidently I am not a feminist and am quite happy to live my life as a domestic slave to a Wraith... girl power!)

As for Shawn, I'm pretty sure he thinks food comes from the supermarket.
        sigpic

Comment

With long periods of hibernation, they were able to manage their human herds, but the arrival of the new Lanteans ruined that system as long as they remain in Pegasus. No hibernation, no sustainability.
          Fair point Orb... I think we have come back to our main point of the day.... DAMN LANTEANS! Did they do anything good for the Pegasus Galaxy? I mean they woke up the Wraith, aggravated the Asurans, blew up planets, exposed planets to Wraith attack (I'm thinking of Condemned here), committed unethical biological experiments on sentient life forms (Michael & Steve). If I had a dollar for every time the Lanteans did something suspect, I'd be a millionaire.

Come to think of it, the Wraith had ships capable of intergalactic transport... why didn't they scrooge across to another galaxy? I mean, honestly, in the 10,000 years between the war and the arrival of the SGA team, they could have taken over a large chunk of the human-populated universe!
          sigpic

Comment

Hey folks,

As a friendly reminder, when quoting images, please remove the IMG tags and change to URL you quote the post in your reply.

Future posts that don't may get deleted without warning.

The full image posting/requoting rules are here : http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/5...-posting-rules.

Rosehawk
            Mod Assistant
            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Fair point Orb... I think we have come back to our main point of the day.... DAMN LANTEANS! Did they do anything good for the Pegasus Galaxy? I mean they woke up the Wraith, aggravated the Asurans, blew up planets, exposed planets to Wraith attack (I'm thinking of Condemned here), committed unethical biological experiments on sentient life forms (Michael & Steve). If I had a dollar for every time the Lanteans did something suspect, I'd be a millionaire.

Come to think of it, the Wraith had ships capable of intergalactic transport... why didn't they scrooge across to another galaxy? I mean, honestly, in the 10,000 years between the war and the arrival of the SGA team, they could have taken over a large chunk of the human-populated universe!
              The Lanteans were nothing but trouble. They appeared to come in peace but seemed to only bring trouble where ever they went. One of the things I hated the most about them was what they did to Michael. I understand that he wasn't completely innocent either. But he saw what he did was a 'need to survive' since his hive didn't want him nor the humans. I believe he began to feel lonely after a while and probably made things worse for them. It kind of makes me wonder if Todd would of taken him into his hive since Todd and his friends seem more friendly than your average wraith.

I actually read this idea on someone's blog. I don't remember who's. But why didn't the wraith take a planet and created a farming ground just for them ? Maybe make up their own religion or something so the planet's population would be oblivious to what would happen to them when they reach a certain age to be feed upon.

BTW. Love your Shawn siggie Is that a quote from Lady Gaga's 'Monster' by any chance?
              Yes. ^_^ I think that song fits them perfectly.

btw, if you don't mind.. i couldn't get a clear screen print of that Shawn siggie you had without the words. Could you post a bigger size of the original picture from the scene without the words so i could snag it ? please.
              Of course!

The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
                I actually read this idea on someone's blog. I don't remember who's. But why didn't the wraith take a planet and created a farming ground just for them ? Maybe make up their own religion or something so the planet's population would be oblivious to what would happen to them when they reach a certain age to be feed upon.
                Yeah, I frequently wonder this too. It would have made sense if they "farmed humans".

Yes. ^_^ I think that song fits them perfectly.
                It really does! I refuse to watch the actual video, because to me it's a Wraith song! It has been since I first heard it!
                sigpic

Comment

I agree here.

Why should humans be in every galaxy in the universe? Humans are in the Ori galaxy because the Ori created second generation humans there. They're in the Milky Way galaxy because the Ancients created second generation humans there and the Goa'uld moved a lot of people to various planets. They're also in the Pegasus galaxy because the original Lanteans created second generation humans there. The Ancients didn't get to all of those billions of galaxies in the universe to create second generation humans, though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay, I just had a mental image of Shawn dancing in a Roman toga through a wine grove. He kind of looks like Bacchus, god of wine
                    Now that I'd love to see Shawn should totally be in the next season of Spartacus! Since they are going to replace the leading man due to his illness Shawn would make a perfect gladiator Ah just imagine him all covered in sweat, blood and sand...*drool*
                    sigpic

Comment

Did they do anything good for the Pegasus Galaxy?
                      John helped to free Todd. That's about it.

It kind of makes me wonder if Todd would of taken him into his hive since Todd and his friends seem more friendly than your average wraith.
                      Now, that would be a plot with possibilities! Michael is a brilliant scientist and could contribute to Hoffan plague research and/or gene therapy for the betterment of Wraith. Depending on what point Todd would make such an offer, the their working relationship would be very different because, as time progressed and Michael felt more and more alone, his leadership qualities emerged. He might also have been more willing to give up a leadership position to be accepted into a hive again, which would make the choice all the more interesting.

Comment

I agree that Todd would find Michael's experiences interesting and his skills useful, but would Michael be comfortable with Todd's insistence on working with the humans?
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                          I agree that Todd would find Michael's experiences interesting and his skills useful, but would Michael be comfortable with Todd's insistence on working with the humans?
                          It might depend on the mood of the day of whether or not he wants to see Teyla.

Comment

Well if Michael can set aside his differences I'm sure he could work with the humans Todd has aligned himself with. There would probably be some tension though. Atleast it would will give him another excuse to see Teyla.
                            The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

It might depend on the mood of the day of whether or not he wants to see Teyla.

Todd and Michael fighting over Teyla? Any bets on who might win? LOL
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post

Todd and Michael fighting over Teyla? Any bets on who might win? LOL
                                Michael can be quite vicious when he wants to and I don't know if Todd's that intrested in fighting over Teyla when there is a very eager group of worshippers willing to fulfill his every need
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X