Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
    Bullet holes inclusive? Cos he's got a lot of them in his coat after "Common Ground".
    Hey, I'll take what I can get!

Originally posted by susanne View Post
    i know about todds tattoo i flipped it over in photoshop so it will look wrong and the icon, well black didnt seem to show up on the opposite side well enough so i did that. but i do appreciate critisism
    You might be able to photoshop it enough to edit that tattoo off of that side of his face... it might be difficult, but probably possible.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
    (As someone TRYING to learn Japanese, I have renewed respect for anyone who can tackle my own language. LOL...the only Japanese word I have down pat is 'baka' - which basically means: Idiot. LOL...I can call people names in a second language!! WOOT! )
    Oh, Japanese. Good luck with that... I failed miserably at that language. Last time I attempted to speak with a friend who'd spent last year in Kyoto, she told me... well, I'd lost everything.

lol, speaking of languages... I ended up watching the episode "Michael" in Spanish before I could find it in English. Sort of regretfully, since I kind of liked his voice in the dub, and now have to get used to the English one. XD

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
    We know four languages over here!
    Switzerland?

L I V E J O U R N A L
    because I tend to disappear

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn
      I think we're meant to believe that everyone in the Pegasus galaxy speaks a language derived from Ancient. When the expedition members talk amongst themselves they use English but when they're talking to the natives (whether Wraith or human) they're speaking Ancient. After all, no matter which planet expedition personnel visit they never have problems holding conversations with the local population.

Wraith written language is definitely derived from Ancient. From 'The Gift' after the expedition has found Wraith records in an abandoned laboratory -

WEIR: The Wraith language -- it's a derivative of Ancient.

This suggests that their spoken language would be as well rather than them just using Ancient when talking to Pegasus humans.

We learn what the Ancient language was like in the SG1 Season 2 episode 'The Fifth Race'. After O'Neill has inadvertently used an Ancient repository of knowledge he starts speaking in an alien language.

DANIEL: The language he's speaking has similar sounds to Medieval Latin but it's still quite different.

DANIEL: But the good news is we seem to have more of the alien inscription translated. 'Noo ani anqueetus'—'We are the Ancients'.
      Thanks for explaining.

I have not watched SG1 - just never interested in the characters. So anything from that show is completely foreign to me...so I appreciate the insight.

I guess I'm the sort of person who has to be sucked into a show by the characters, instead of the story...THEN I start liking the stories. AND, I still have more than half of the SGA episodes to watch...lol...MAYBE I'd catch up on more if I didn't watch Common Ground like...15 times a week. I have a tv in the office, so...I just put that in Common Ground (sometimes The Rising) because I know it so well, I don't get distracted from my work - I can just 'listen' to it. I was going to put an episode in I haven't watched, but I'd keep looking at the tv, and not get any work done (like NOW, because I'm playing on the 'puter!)! But tonight - tonight I plan on watching two more 'new' ones with my husband...it's becoming our little treat at the end of the day.

das
      Last edited by dasNdanger; 22 January 2008, 11:32 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inanna View Post
        Switzerland?
        Belgium.

Dutch = Mother tongue
        French = Supposed to be second one
        English = Third one (: luff!)
        German = Let's just say it's gonna be funny going on vacation to it this year. I so don't know the language any more.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Well, at least I guessed three of the four languages correctly!

Hey, your English seems fine as far as I've seen, and your German is probably better than mine... ich habe keinen Wortschatz.

@ das, haha, you sound just like me. xD Though I actually liked many of the characters from SG1, so I've seen much of it. But it took me forever to start appreciating SGA because I could never get into the characters. They've been growing on me recently, though it took me a while to give it the chance.

L I V E J O U R N A L
          because I tend to disappear

Comment

Speaking of the fandom...are their SGA fans who HATE the Wraith? Like...fans who want them all dead? Or, do most fans like the Wraith - and want them to continue as the main threat in the galaxy?

Just wonderin'...

das
            sigpic

Comment

Speaking of the fandom...are their SGA fans who HATE the Wraith? Like...fans who want them all dead? Or, do most fans like the Wraith - and want them to continue as the main threat in the galaxy?

Just wonderin'...

das
              I'm pretty sure you'll agree on this one:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Comment

Originally posted by Inanna View Post
                Well, at least I guessed three of the four languages correctly!

Hey, your English seems fine as far as I've seen, and your German is probably better than mine... ich habe keinen Wortschatz.

@ das, haha, you sound just like me. xD Though I actually liked many of the characters from SG1, so I've seen much of it. But it took me forever to start appreciating SGA because I could never get into the characters. They've been growing on me recently, though it took me a while to give it the chance.
                Das selbsten hier!

Thanks. My English has always been pretty good as I started picking up some words in the time I couldn't read yet, and after it. I try not too focus too much on the subtitles (we don't dub over here, just kid films) and yeah, you learn like that. And everything I do on the net is in English, so...

*Glomps Todd and Michael, just because she can...*

Comment

MAYBE I'd catch up on more if I didn't watch Common Ground like...15 times a week.

das
                  I just put that ep on my computer, and I went through it again today, too. It's SUCH A GREAT ep! For once, I liked a Genii ep. Urgh, still hate Kolya, but with Todd and Shep together in jail, it's so much better! (I skip it to the Todd parts).

Silly Kolya, not getting that they would work together...

(Adapted Koyla to Kolya, not sure which spelling it is any more, I'm getting hungry. Oh where is that freezer that contains the ice cream?)

Comment

since we're talking languages... englis isn't my first butit is the on i'm most fluent in... i spoke in gujrati, my parents' native tongue before i started speaking in enlish b/c we rarely spoke english at home when i wa little... actually still don't.... then i know enough high school spanish to get by and about a dozen words in japanese... but i have a jap tutorial saved on my comp.. if onl i had to study it....

and so that this post is on topic.... micheal and todd are soo kawaii!!!!!! -glomps-
                    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                    sigpic

Comment

OMFG! They just said on the news on tv, Heath Ledger (A Knight's Tale, Brokeback Mountain, Roar,...) is dead!

Noooooo....

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey
                        OMFG! They just said on the news on tv, Heath Ledger (A Knight's Tale, Brokeback Mountain, Roar,...) is dead!

Noooooo....
                        Yeah, really sad. Not sure how yet - might be drug-related. Still very sad. He is The Joker in the upcoming Batman movie. Will be hard to watch that, now...

I think I need watch a sad Wraith episode now... Maybe Steve's...

And very interesting about everyone's languages!! Thanks for sharing!

das
                        sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=dasNdanger;7604287

Hey - anyone know what those 'rings' or metal things are that the Wraith wear on their fingers? Has that been revealed in any episode I have missed?

EDIT: Todd wasn't wearing one in Common Ground...pfft.

das[/QUOTE]

In wraithal discrimination James says they are for slicing and dicing - to help them cut through human skin for feeding.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
                            In wraithal discrimination James says they are for slicing and dicing - to help them cut through human skin for feeding.
                            Of course he wasn't wearing one in Common Ground. But I do think he had one when they caught him in "The Seer", so throughout his jailing time, or just from after they made the deal with the Wraith in "Be All My Sins Remembered", I think.

Comment

Now you try to speak german? That´s fine ... Bravo

But I´m a little bit pissed off
                              @wraith ownage can´t you say "thank you" to the James Lafazanos fan page if you take pictures from my gallery?

http://www.james-lafazanos-fan-page....ls.php?album=5

I don´t post a pic ( from risem/riesem) without to give a little credit

Comment

Originally posted by Degilwen View Post
                                Now you try to speak german? That´s fine ... Bravo

But I´m a little bit pissed off
                                @wraith ownage can´t you say "thank you" to the James Lafazanos fan page if you take pictures from my gallery?

http://www.james-lafazanos-fan-page....ls.php?album=5

I don´t post a pic ( from risem/riesem) without to give a little credit
                                Personally I don't think the pic is that qualified to be a siggy, cos you know, it's just a normal pic, nothing has been done to it, and it's just 'bam! there'.

Hopefully she'll remove it, or ask people to make her a nice Wraithy one, and they can put their names on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X