Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leleth View Post
    Yeah it would be nice to have that pic in better quality but haven't been able to find one. BTW where is that Eddie pic from? Is it a promo shot or something?
    I could easily enlarge it for you with photoshop resize option. It's not the best photo quality though, so even if I autosharpen it, it's bound to get a little bit fuzzy.
    Last edited by Rekala; 12 September 2010, 08:09 AM. Reason: spelling

Michael signature by Draygon. Others by me - My Wraith Art

Comment

Originally posted by Rekala View Post
      But weren't he wearing these special kinds of infrared glasses there? I always thought they were the ones enabling him to see like that.
      Like these: http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=295&pos=396
      He took them off before he started fighting Ronon. This Wraith wasn't wearing any kind of glasses when he looked up and found Ronon clinging to the ceiling but we were shown the same kind of vision through his eyes, so to speak.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
        He took them off before he started fighting Ronon. This Wraith wasn't wearing any kind of glasses when he looked up and found Ronon clinging to the ceiling but we were shown the same kind of vision through his eyes, so to speak.
        Oooh! I see now!

Michael signature by Draygon. Others by me - My Wraith Art

Comment

Great artwork, Rekala!

Just remembered something RE Wraith vision: at least we know that their daylight vision is about the same as ours. In 'The Gift' Teyla sees the rooms of a hiveship through the eyes of the Wraith she has contacted, and it looks like human vision.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekala View Post
            But weren't he wearing these special kinds of infrared glasses there? I always thought they were the ones enabling him to see like that.
            Like these: http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=295&pos=396
            Some people think that the goggles relay everything Neo sees back to Boris.

Some Wraithy music. (Well, I think it is, anyway. )
            I second that.

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
            Great artwork, Rekala!

Just remembered something RE Wraith vision: at least we know that their daylight vision is about the same as ours. In 'The Gift' Teyla sees the rooms of a hiveship through the eyes of the Wraith she has contacted, and it looks like human vision.
            Great point! Teyla would have surely said something if she experienced something different that could have been used as knowledge against the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
              Some people think that the goggles relay everything Neo sees back to Boris.
              The little flying camera did that.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3...ipts/304.shtml

Behind him, there's a whirring sound. Ronon spins around, aiming his pistol, and sees the round device that was following him. He lowers his pistol and walks over to the device as it hovers at about eye level. He obviously knows what it is, but now for the first time we see that it is not only tracking him but broadcasting his image back to the hive ship.
              sigpic

Comment

The little flying camera did that.

Behind him, there's a whirring sound. Ronon spins around, aiming his pistol, and sees the round device that was following him. He lowers his pistol and walks over to the device as it hovers at about eye level. He obviously knows what it is, but now for the first time we see that it is not only tracking him but broadcasting his image back to the hive ship.
                I remember the flying camera. TPTB never tell us that the goggles do, unfortunately. The wiki entry says,

"Although the exact functions of the goggles are unknown, it can be assumed that they carry some sort of tracking device to track runners. They also appear to relay everything seen back to the hive ship so that the Wraith Leader can enjoy the hunt."

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Wraith_goggles

I am not sure what else the goggles could track; the wrist detector fulfills that need.

"Nearby, the Wraith, still wearing its (sic) weird goggles, comes down some stairs. It (sic) looks down at a device strapped to its (sic) arm. The device is a tracker and shows that Ronon is nearby."

Comment

TPTB never tell us that the goggles do, unfortunately.
                  James Bamford did.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/1...=1#post5740487

It started out as a way of making him stand out from the others to show that he was the one tracking Ronon, so you would be able to know it was him in a later scene when they fight. I went to Robert and mentioned that I could not wear those glasses in the fight in the darkroom because of safety(obviously), so we had to take them off in another scene preceding the fight. All in all, I don't think Robert really likes them at all now, but that is the story of why they existed in the first place.
                  sigpic

Comment

James Bamford did.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/1...=1#post5740487

It started out as a way of making him stand out from the others to show that he was the one tracking Ronon, so you would be able to know it was him in a later scene when they fight. I went to Robert and mentioned that I could not wear those glasses in the fight in the darkroom because of safety(obviously), so we had to take them off in another scene preceding the fight. All in all, I don't think Robert really likes them at all now, but that is the story of why they existed in the first place.
                    He doesn't like them?! I *love* them and would have a pair of sunglasses like them if I could, but with Tau'ri style lenses.

Comment

He doesn't like them?! I *love* them and would have a pair of sunglasses like them if I could, but with Tau'ri style lenses.
                      Perhaps he meant he didn't like them being a one off piece of Wraith tech/fashion/whatever.
                      sigpic

Comment

Music for wandering round a hive ship when mist is rising from the floor.

To Mods The video is PG friendly because it's audio only.

sigpic

Comment

For exploring the Wraith homeworld, I suggest:

Comment

For exploring the Wraith homeworld, I suggest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idwc50LCrcg
                            I love it. I've just added it to my 'Dark' playlist.
                            sigpic

Comment

To Mods The video is PG friendly because it's audio only.

Love it. Would go great with the eerie atmosphere hive ships have Hellraiser movies have always had excellent soundtracks...sadly the same can't be said about the scripts!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leleth View Post
                                Love it. Would go great with the eerie atmosphere hive ships have Hellraiser movies have always had excellent soundtracks...sadly the same can't be said about the scripts!
                                You can't have everything. Hellraiser II is still one of my favourite movies, though.

Music for a hive ship flying through space.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X