Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
    The one problem with using real life humans as a model for all this is that we're speculating about a fictional species which is evolved from humans crossed with a species of insect which doesn't exist in reality.
    This is kinda outside the discussion but
    Spoiler:
    the lack of logical thinking like that never stopped the writers before.
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
      This is kinda outside the discussion but
      Spoiler:
      the lack of logical thinking like that never stopped the writers before.
      I think it's a very important aspect of the discussion.
      sigpic

Comment

Just thought of something else. We're not talking about the differences/similarities between Wraith and real life humans because Stargate humans are very different to us. They're second generation and were created by first generation humans who evolved in another galaxy. Some, like Sheppard, have the ATA gene which doesn't exist in reality.

Stargate humans, if they evolve enough, can develop super powers like telepathy, telekinesis and healing and eventually turn their physical bodies into energy and ascend to higher planes of existence. This can be achieved through meditation.

Meditation can alter brain structure and reduce stress

Long-term meditation seems not only to alter brain-wave patterns: early research suggests that it may also result in changes in the actual structure of the cortex, the outer parts of our brains. “We have found that brain regions associated with attention and sensory processing were thicker in meditators than in the controls,” says Dr Sara Lazar, an assistant in psychology at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Well, it's a start.
        sigpic

Comment

Just thought of something else. We're not talking about the differences/similarities between Wraith and real life humans because Stargate humans are very different to us. They're second generation and were created by first generation humans who evolved in another galaxy. Some, like Sheppard, have the ATA gene which doesn't exist in reality.

Stargate humans, if they evolve enough, can develop super powers like telepathy, telekinesis and healing and eventually turn their physical bodies into energy and ascend to higher planes of existence. This can be achieved through meditation.

Meditation can alter brain structure and reduce stress

Long-term meditation seems not only to alter brain-wave patterns: early research suggests that it may also result in changes in the actual structure of the cortex, the outer parts of our brains. “We have found that brain regions associated with attention and sensory processing were thicker in meditators than in the controls,” says Dr Sara Lazar, an assistant in psychology at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Well, it's a start.
          Too bad I do suck at it. Seriously, it seems to stress me out instead of calming me down. *sigh*Does that mean I'll never ascend?
          sigpic
          Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
          Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

WDC Wraith Project

I was thinking we should have a page for memorable masked warriors such as the one who self destructed in Suspicion, the one who got Ford in The Seige and the one Ford and his gang kept prisoner.

The new born warrior from Spoils should be on the Wraith And Actors page because he was played by Morris Chapdelaine.
            Sure, drones are Wraith too!

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
              Too bad I do suck at it. Seriously, it seems to stress me out instead of calming me down. *sigh*Does that mean I'll never ascend?
              Do you really want to be stuck on the higher planes with all those Ancients?
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, this is true. Meditation can result in a lot of benefits, but this is something that's been known for years. Certainly longer than the 40 or so years it's been practised in the West. *points at India and Tibet* And as Wraith meditate - who can forget Steve, or Todd for that matter, staring at their probably non-existent navels - then perhaps we can conjecture that, as they also have telepathy, meditation helps them regenerate? Kinda neat, I think.

*jumps up and down on the writers, and kicks them off a high ledge* That for the research!

JW, I take your point and second it. See above.

So now we all know that SGA is actually a show full of magic, we can go back to admiring gorgeous green asses?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                  So now we all know that SGA is actually a show full of magic, we can go back to admiring gorgeous green asses?
                  Do all Wraith have green asses, though? There's evidence that Steve has a pink stomach.

http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/...1x07-1289.html

Then there's this Wraith in human clothes - his hands, face and neck are Wraith colour but the rest of him on view is human colour.

Spoiler:

Perhaps it varies from Wraith to Wraith because they're a human/Iratus bug hybrid.
                  sigpic

Comment

Do all Wraith have green asses, though? There's evidence that Steve has a pink stomach.

http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/...1x07-1289.html

Then there's this Wraith in human clothes - his hands, face and neck are Wraith colour but the rest of him on view is human colour.

Spoiler:

Perhaps it varies from Wraith to Wraith because they're a human/Iratus bug hybrid.
                    You mean... they have mittens, like kittens? And a belly stripe? Maybe, and this really is a horrible thought, Wraith have blotchy asses? Big splotches like a piebald cow, or horse.

Todd: I think NOT!
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoils warrior who needs a name -

Spoiler:

How about Walter?

I could do with some help finding pics of memorable warriors.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                        You mean... they have mittens, like kittens? And a belly stripe? Maybe, and this really is a horrible thought, Wraith have blotchy asses? Big splotches like a piebald cow, or horse.
                        We think kittens with mittens are cute and we don't regard cows or horses as horrible for having big splotches. Why would blotchy asses be worse than pointy, black Wraith teeth?
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoils warrior who needs a name -

Spoiler:

How about Walter?

I could do with some help finding pics of memorable warriors.
                          Walter is good. I will help to find photos of the others you mentioned.

Comment

We think kittens with mittens are cute and we don't regard cows or horses as horrible for having big splotches. Why would blotchy asses be worse than pointy, black Wraith teeth?
                            Only that the smooth, green tegument would be interrupted, which would be a shame. I have many non-PG thoughts about that... Anyhoo...

Walter is a splendid name.
                            sigpic

Comment

For the masked warrior in "Suspicion," it looks like we do not have a full frontal pic. I think his fellow warriors were shot in the preceding slides, leaving only him while the Lanteans ganged up on him and tazed him. I will post the pages and let you be the judge.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/thu...bum=256&page=9

http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/...ps/dvd-41.html

Comment

Working...
                              X