Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
    It's sloppiness on the novel writers' part. Even as far back as 'Poisoning The Well' the characters in the show were referring to Steve as he and him. In 'No Mans Land' we have -

McKAY: Oh. Beckett wondered if the females would be immune.

LORNE: Yeah. Something you might have mentioned before she almost killed me, Rodney.

Funnily enough, the GW script transcriber refers to the hive queen as she when describing what everyone is doing. She's also very inconsistent because we have -

MICHAEL: If you prefer to discuss it with her ...

(The Wraith's face falls. Obviously he doesn't much fancy a conversation with his Queen. He addresses the guards.)

and

Michael walks down a corridor into the Hive Queen's chamber. She is sitting on a throne-like chair and talking with another Wraith. As Michael reaches the steps leading up to the throne, she snarls at the Wraith and jerks her head at it to indicate that it should leave. It walks away and she looks down at Michael.
    Maybe it's due to the transcriber being a female as well. Females deserve more respect. And to keep things from getting confusing. If 'it' was used for the queen the sentence would read: As Michael reaches the steps leading up to the throne, it snarls at the Wraith and jerks its head at it to indicate that it should leave. That's pretty bad style.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
      Maybe it's due to the transcriber being a female as well. Females deserve more respect.
      Of course we do.
      sigpic

Comment

Another wraith portrait. Todd again...
        Spoiler:
        Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
        Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Originally posted by geekywraith View Post
          Spoiler:
          Yes! I was able to green you for it! Your wraith portraits really convey a look of ageless wisdom in their eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
            Yes! I was able to green you for it! Your wraith portraits really convey a look of ageless wisdom in their eyes.
            Thanks! That's really nice of you to say that. I try my best to give them emotion in their eyes.
            Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
            Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Thanks! That's really nice of you to say that. I try my best to give them emotion in their eyes.
              Yes, thats a good way to describe it. guess thats what you get from living thousands of years...

Comment

I love it.
                sigpic

Comment

Just tried to green everybody for our awesomeness yesterday but GW says 'I think not'. Typical. Love your style, Geeky, btw.
                  sigpic

Comment

Isolde!! You need to look this new e-bay post. It would complete your Todd costume: http://cgi.ebay.com/Stargate-Atlanti...efaultDomain_0

Comment

Originally posted by QueenMalka View Post
                      Isolde!! You need to look this new e-bay post. It would complete your Todd costume: http://cgi.ebay.com/Stargate-Atlanti...efaultDomain_0
                      Still 0 bids!

Comment

Which Wraith is this? It's from a magazine scan.

Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Comment

I;d have said Darrel (?Darren?) but don't recognise the tattoo

Love the lippy - and that's a real bad case of red-eye!

And yet still so thunkable...
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I think he is from "The Seige" and I don't think we have named him yet.

http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/...1x20-1679.html

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Could be Gordon or Darrell?

EDIT: Orb's right.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                                I think he is from "The Seige" and I don't think we have named him yet.

http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/...1x20-1679.html
                                If we haven't named him yet, I'm voting for Stefan. Stefan is a good name, lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X