Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starry Waters View Post
    Supposedly 2010 was what I last heard. Haven't heard any updates.
    *glomps SW*

Gads, that's a long time to wait... hope it's worth it!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
      das, you are wonderful!!!! I really, really hope you are right!!!

In spite of my romatic fanfic, I;m in pretty much the same camp as you are re Todd's survival - he just wouldn't be the same if he didn't feed, like de-fanging a vampire, what would be the point? It's the mad, bad and dangerous element that's ultimately what attracts most of us after all...

I take it there's still no indication of when we might see the movie... this year, next year, next millenium...?
      In that same blog entry (April 7th), Joe said:

"Paul and I hope to have a first draft of the Atlantis script by month’s end (we’re already past the halfway mark). No firm production dates for either movies, but if I was a betting man, I’d be looking at this fall. All this to say - there’s no need to get all negative. When there is a need, I’ll let you all know but, at present, we’re making progress on all fronts: SGU, SG-1, AND SGA."

Now - he doesn't say that production will start on the SGA movie in the fall, but kinda lumped the SG1 ans SGA movies together. However, I'm thinking that it would be more cost effective for them to try to work on both movies at or around the same time, so production on one might promise production on the other.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed - for the movie, and especially for Todd.

das
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
        In that same blog entry (April 7th), Joe said:

"Paul and I hope to have a first draft of the Atlantis script by month’s end (we’re already past the halfway mark). No firm production dates for either movies, but if I was a betting man, I’d be looking at this fall. All this to say - there’s no need to get all negative. When there is a need, I’ll let you all know but, at present, we’re making progress on all fronts: SGU, SG-1, AND SGA."

Now - he doesn't say that production will start on the SGA movie in the fall, but kinda lumped the SG1 ans SGA movies together. However, I'm thinking that it would be more cost effective for them to try to work on both movies at or around the same time, so production on one might promise production on the other.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed - for the movie, and especially for Todd.

das
        I'm crossing my fingers, my toes, my arms, my legs, my eyes...
        Anything for Todd!
        sigpic

Comment

In spite of my romatic fanfic, I;m in pretty much the same camp as you are re Todd's survival - he just wouldn't be the same if he didn't feed, like de-fanging a vampire, what would be the point? It's the mad, bad and dangerous element that's ultimately what attracts most of us after all...
          For me it would all depend on how the issue of his living on ordinary food was developed. Todd wouldn't be going in for such a change for human benefit - the way things look at the moment it's about the only chance there is for the Wraith to have any chance of survival as a species. He's helped humans in the past whenever it suits his own agenda so there's no reason why he should suddenly become their lapdog just because he changes his diet.

One of the most dangerous individuals that the expedition met up with in Pegasus was Kolya. He was an ordinary human who didn't feed on people.
          sigpic

Comment

*everything crossed* 2010 is a long time to wait otherwise for (hopefully) more Toddy goodness!

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
              For me it would all depend on how the issue of his living on ordinary food was developed. Todd wouldn't be going in for such a change for human benefit - the way things look at the moment it's about the only chance there is for the Wraith to have any chance of survival as a species. He's helped humans in the past whenever it suits his own agenda so there's no reason why he should suddenly become their lapdog just because he changes his diet.

One of the most dangerous individuals that the expedition met up with in Pegasus was Kolya. He was an ordinary human who didn't feed on people.
              Agreed. I don't think Todd would allow himself to become a lap dog...

Comment

Originally posted by PleiadesAltariel View Post
                Agreed. I don't think Todd would allow himself to become a lap dog...
                Moving the PS from my last post to here.

Spike in the Buffy/Angel universe got his soul back and changed his diet to blood from blood banks. He was still very much Spike in all other respects, though.
                sigpic

Comment

OK, in light of that last sentence, let me rephrase myself...

I;m attracted to Todd because he is mad, bad, dangerous - and drop dead gorgeously good looking!!!!! Better?

Seriously, I see Todd as ultimately interested in his own survival, then that of the wraith as a species. If becoming non feeding is the only way to do that, and if it gives him the upper hand, then he will do it (re my own Todd fanfic - yes, it was romanticised, but ultimately he did it for survival of the wraith not just for his family)
                  I guess there;s another part of my attraction to Todd - he's a kindred spirit and will do whatever it takes to stay alive! Even in that Genii cell, he was down but he wasn't out - he didn't just lie down and die, even if he had temp lost hope.
                  However, what I can't see Todd ever doing is becoming anyone's lapdog - if he continues to work with the SGA team, or even becomes a member of the team, I truly, truly hope it is not at th ecost of his indominatable spirit!
                  sigpic

Comment

Spike in the Buffy/Angel universe got his soul back and changed his diet to blood from blood banks. He was still very much Spike in all other respects, though.
                    And very yummy he was too!
                    (yes, yes, did you really expect anything else from TP???? )
                    sigpic

Comment

das, you are wonderful!!!! I really, really hope you are right!!!

I take it there's still no indication of when we might see the movie... this year, next year, next millenium...?

Well, maybe he could go both ways... be able to feed on both humans and human food? That way, he could still be the dangerous element, but be able to survive without taking lives if need be. He's still need to feed on lifeforce once and again, to restore strenght and life (or just for the hell of it *grin*, but when dealing with the lanteans or other humans for a longer period of time, he could "calm" them by getting by with ordinary food. This way, he could imbue them with a (false) sence of securaty, when in fact...

sigpic
                      -Has anyone seen my sanity?

Comment

Yeah, I think if Todd did become a non-feeder he'd still be himself.

OK, in light of that last sentence, let me rephrase myself...

I;m attracted to Todd because he is mad, bad, dangerous - and drop dead gorgeously good looking!!!!! Better?

Seriously, I see Todd as ultimately interested in his own survival, then that of the wraith as a species. If becoming non feeding is the only way to do that, and if it gives him the upper hand, then he will do it (re my own Todd fanfic - yes, it was romanticised, but ultimately he did it for survival of the wraith not just for his family)
                        I guess there;s another part of my attraction to Todd - he's a kindred spirit and will do whatever it takes to stay alive! Even in that Genii cell, he was down but he wasn't out - he didn't just lie down and die, even if he had temp lost hope.
                        However, what I can't see Todd ever doing is becoming anyone's lapdog - if he continues to work with the SGA team, or even becomes a member of the team, I truly, truly hope it is not at th ecost of his indominatable spirit!
                        My sentiments exactly.

Comment

Just thought I'd share...

Spoiler:
                          ...a little something I made for the heck of it...
                          Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:

and yup, that's me...

sigpic
                          -Has anyone seen my sanity?

Comment

Hope for Todd from JM's blog??:

Dasndanger writes: “Me? Well, I’m simple and you know what would make me happy…but not so sure the others will be as easily satisfied. You’ve got a challenge ahead of you, that’s for sure.”

Answer: Well, regardless of how easy you are to please, I have a feeling you’ll especially enjoy the movie.

So, guys and gals - what do you think???

das
                            I would say it's a rather clear indication that he will survive
                            Maybe he even will outwit the Lanteans somehow.

For me it would all depend on how the issue of his living on ordinary food was developed. Todd wouldn't be going in for such a change for human benefit - the way things look at the moment it's about the only chance there is for the Wraith to have any chance of survival as a species. He's helped humans in the past whenever it suits his own agenda so there's no reason why he should suddenly become their lapdog just because he changes his diet .
                            Totally agree with you. There is no connection between your diet and manipulative skills or ability to obtain power, etc. Although people say that vegetarian diet gives you extra energy and lucidity of mind

That's very true The same thing can be said about the Lanteans.
                            ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Oh, Todd will be in the movie - Mallozzi has said so, and he's writing the script. Joe's response above was to me worrying about Todd being killed in the movie...here's my entire comment:

"I’m one of a few diehard Wraith fans that are still around - most have just left the fandom - gone, with no interest in the new show at all. Not sure about the Shep & Co. fans - some have taken to the idea of Universe, but even judging by how many have stopped visiting here, I’m thinking a lot of them have just thrown up their hands and moved on, too. So, I’m really not sure any amount of reassurance is going to work at the moment - not until they actually hear the cameras are rolling. And then - after all this jerking around - they are really going to expect something beyond brilliant. Me? Well, I’m simple and you know what would make me happy…but not so sure the others will be as easily satisfied. You’ve got a challenge ahead of you, that’s for sure."

To which Joe responded as he did. But also on that same blog, I said the following:

"I am cynical enough to think the worst, but at the same time it wouldn’t be that bad because without a movie, they couldn’t kill off Todd. Of course, a movie in which Todd survives would great …but I’m not holding my breath for that, or for anything.

In fact, I’m so mixed up in my head about what I want for Todd that…well, what I really want would automatically be a death sentence for him (which would be to stay Wraith, stay deliciously tricksty, and gain control of the PG - and make the Lanteans go home). So, in order for him to live, I have to also wish he finds an alternative way to gain nourishment, and continues to work along with the Lanteans…like Sheppard’s lapdog. The only way I would really enjoy the latter scenario is if Todd was made a part of the team, since that could create amusing situations, not to mention real tension between the Lanteans and human populations who refuse to trust them because they’re slummin’ with Wraith. But that doesn’t seem likely at all…there’s just not enough trust between the two. So I’m back to square one - I’ve given up, and just hope that if there is a movie, they don’t kill off the character."

Joe knows how I feel about Todd's survival, and I don't think he would say, "Well, regardless of how easy you are to please, I have a feeling you’ll especially enjoy the movie" if he knows that Todd gets killed. He knows it that happens, I'll hate the movie, the Stargate franchise, him...everything.

So...this finally gives me hope - he's previously said Todd will be in the movie, and now he's saying that I - the strongest avocate for Todd's survival - will especially enjoy the movie. That's got to be good, right??

das
                              I think it sounds positive but we'll just have to wait and see. And i agree with your observation regarding ppl losing interest in the fandom. I know that im spending my time and energy on other things. But once the movie is actually out im sure my interest will be back.

masterling
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tubbs View Post
                                Just wanted to drop in and say hi.
                                Hi tubbs! Thank you for taking your time to say hi. I really love your performances.

(I hope my Rhys signature didn't scare you off. )

Comment

Working...
                                X