Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post
    But why can't he join us there?
    Because we may make him blush...or really scare the hell out of him.

das
    sigpic

Comment

I think he has a wonderful vision, he sees the outcome, and if he has to eat a mango to get an upper hand in the alliance, why not.
      That made me laugh. A lot. XD But it IS a refreshing look on the Wraith, I agree. Thanks so much for posting it. =)

Robert: So, do the Wraith feed on fear, or just life in general?
      Me: Just life in general. But they'd probably prefer that their victims be scared.
      Robert: So, it's like marinating them, then?

http://raethie.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post

das
        That's true. He's probably shy or kind of afraid...

Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
        Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Originally posted by geekywraith View Post
          Nice Shawn sig! Ah yes Christopher Walken. He could make a nice wraith.
          He would talk funny for a wraith...
          Thanks And I think he'd be an excellent wraith, especially if he could still do that crazy eye thing with those contacts on.

das
          You're right, we wouldn't want to scare him. Lull him into a false sense of security, trap him, then descend to the gutter.
          sigpic

Comment

das
            Honestly, my guess is the latter. XDD

Robert: So, do the Wraith feed on fear, or just life in general?
            Me: Just life in general. But they'd probably prefer that their victims be scared.
            Robert: So, it's like marinating them, then?

http://raethie.deviantart.com/

Comment

Alright! Everyone out of the gutter!!!

I just got the latest Stargate mag, and it has a great interview with Chris H. Dang, I wish HE was writing the show!!!

I'm sure most of you have seen the interview, but I just had to post this part (since he sees things much as I do regarding the balance in the galaxy):

Spoiler:
              Chris Heyerdahl: "I don't see the point in redeeming them to be honest. The retrovirus is simply a card that Todd has to play. One of the wonderful questions that he came up with, if they were to use the retrovirus was, "Who will we be? What will we be [do]?" There's a balance in the universe, and you need balance in the universe. Human beings are only top of the food chain because we've got the stick, and for no other reason. If you go off into the woods, and you don't have a stick, you're done! So what do you do then? Do you get rid of everything that's going to kill you?

There are still humans - they haven't eaten all of them! Wraith have been around the Pegasus galaxy for 10,000 years - there are still humans. They're surviving. So, they get culled now and then. There was one episode where they were like, "Oh my God, the Wraith have eaten everything." It's not like they're wiping out the galaxy. The only problem is that they eat humans, who are very loud. That's why sharks are being killed, that's why tigers are being killed. Because they eat us! We want to live forever, we want to wipe out anything that's a threat to us. It doesn't work that way - the universe must have balance. The Wraith are part of that balance. So, they're not going to cull humans anymore, what then? There'll be too many people. So, there's really no need to redeem them. The only reason Todd would even think about using the retrovirus is to gain some control. I think he has a wonderful vision, he sees the outcome, and if he has to eat a mango to get an upper hand in the alliance, why not? The way things are going for Todd, it's not good. Each meal could be his last. But he's still a Wraith, so he is adapting to an imposed imbalance. Why do you think he's one of the last surviving commanders? Because he's perpetually adapting."

I could totally kiss him full on his lips for that! Let's get Chris to write the movie script!!

das
              You were so dead on, it's scary. Maybe he *does* lurk here.

I posted Chris' comments on JM's blog, with a few of my own. I am reeeally pushing it, I know...but I couldn't resist...
              das
              That's not pushing it at all. It's not hearsay, it's a quote from one of the actors in an official SGA publication. So I'm sure he's aware of it. I don't think it hurts to *remind* him of it again...and again...and again.*evil laugh*

The way I see it, Chris just needs to stop by here and chat with us! He has great insight into both his own character, and the Wraith as a whole - more than I think the creators even have. I would love to bounce ideas and thoughts off of him - not because he's 'Todd', but - because - he obviously has a great brain.

AND, he'd probably keep us from slipping into the gutter every third comment...

das
              I remember looking him up on imdb.com after I saw Blade III. I jokingly thought "huh, wonder if he's related to Thor Heyerdahl". When I saw it was his dad's uncle, I freaked out. I still have my well-thumbed and marked-up copy of "Kon Tiki" and "Fatu-Hiva" from college. I'm even more in awe of him because of that. lol

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              People named Chris are always so awesome! Such as Christopher Ecclestein, who played the 9th doctor in Doctor Who!
              Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post
              I don't know anything about Doctor Who, but I've always been partial to Christopher Walken myself .
              I'm with you on both. And whoever said Chris Walken should be a Wraith...apparently there's some lost footage out there of Tyler doing his Walken impersonation in full Wraith gear. (Not sure if it was Rhys, Kenny or Jareth, though.) Here's hoping that makes it to the Season 5 DVD.

das
              I dunno, das. Someone who 'ships Todd -his own character- & John at conventions? I think he can handle us. In fact we'd probably get schooled a bit. lol

mfw

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
                That's not pushing it at all. It's not hearsay, it's a quote from one of the actors in an official SGA publication. So I'm sure he's aware of it. I don't think it hurts to *remind* him of it again...and again...and again.*evil laugh*
                I agree. It's good to show that we still care.

I'm with you on both. And whoever said Chris Walken should be a Wraith...apparently there's some lost footage out there of Tyler doing his Walken impersonation in full Wraith gear. (Not sure if it was Rhys, Kenny or Jareth, though.) Here's hoping that makes it to the Season 5 DVD. *
                I would love to see that.

I dunno, das. Someone who 'ships Todd -his own character- & John at conventions? I think he can handle us. In fact we'd probably get schooled a bit. lol

mfw
                I guess your right.
                Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
                Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Solla View Post
                  I feel the same way about their origin. Perhaps some Ancient factions even performed experiments on themselves and after first satisfactory results (which appeared quite harmless at first) decided to separate from others and start a new independent colony to continue their superman games. The fatal consequences (I mean dietary course) might have happened after several generations.
                  Of course I find this kind of stuff really interesting!!

WK I wish I could green, but I've run out and unless I go to other threads which I am not inclined to do I cannot get greening again in this thread.
                  "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                    I have all ways held the theory that the Ancients created the Wraith as an experiment. The Ancients wanted to prolong their lives to become all most immortal. They knew of the Iratus bug's ability to heal so, they started to experiment on say lesser humans or perhaps the criminals or, even those who were sick. When the experiments took on a 'life of their own' they abandon the 'project' hoping the end results would die out. When that didn't happen then the ancients created the nanities to wipe out the Wraith. It's just my theory. It could also explains why the Wraith's written language is so simiular to the ancients.

LS
                    Of course I find this fascinating, but I find all sorts of "theories" fascinating! If I could green you for this I would, but alas I cannot! I have run out of greeny things, so Gate world won't let me green anyone here unless I post and greenelsewherezz zz zz--but I don't want to go anywhere else.

WK

Comment

Originally posted by Solla View Post
                      Totally agreed, it is a really fascinating plotline . The vampires in general are strong, beautiful and immortal, but actually they are damned souls who are condemned to wander the world without aim and endlessly, forced to feed on human blood. Of course, technically the wraith are living creatures, but their destiny isn’t so different - they stuck in a morass of culling/feeding/hibernating.

Also the interesting difference between Vampires and wraith, is that Vampires, in most Vampire mythologies, long to be human again in some respect. They have a yearning to be amongst the living, so in a sense they still see themselves as human but humans that have LOST--lost the "way", lost the sun, lost their souls--they have invariably lost something valuable to them. Although they too are parasitic they love and long to be with their human hosts. So in a sense, humanity is an enviable state--these are the "good" Vampires of course. The bad ones however, are often still considered human but humans that completely lost their sense of humanity, become crazed with disease or the loss of perspective.

The wraith on the other hand, culturally speaking, don't look on humanity with a conscious envy. Though, to be honest with you, I do think the wraith envy humanity a great deal. I think this is part of their motivation for keeping humans down, and dominating them, as Shepard has said in The Queen, even if they no longer needed to feed.

The wraith don't want to look on humanity as anything more than a means to an end. And I think wraith like Todd's first mate in The Queen, dislike being reminded of how sentient humans really are. I think Todd is dispassionate and rather pragmatic about his needs, therefore can make the separation. But over all, the wraith do not see themselves as existing in a state of loss (Elia did), and therefore do not long to be human.

WK

Interesting eh?

Comment

Just a quickie...

Don't forget Kenny!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...51813&page=127
                        sigpic

Comment

Alright! Everyone out of the gutter!!!
                          I just got the latest Stargate mag, and it has a great interview with Chris H. Dang, I wish HE was writing the show!!! Spoiler tags for size of quote..
                          Spoiler:

I'm sure most of you have seen the interview, but I just had to post this part (since he sees things much as I do regarding the balance in the galaxy):

Chris Heyerdahl: "I don't see the point in redeeming them to be honest. The retrovirus is simply a card that Todd has to play. One of the wonderful questions that he came up with, if they were to use the retrovirus was, "Who will we be? What will we be [do]?" There's a balance in the universe, and you need balance in the universe. Human beings are only top of the food chain because we've got the stick, and for no other reason. If you go off into the woods, and you don't have a stick, you're done! So what do you do then? Do you get rid of everything that's going to kill you?

There are still humans - they haven't eaten all of them! Wraith have been around the Pegasus galaxy for 10,000 years - there are still humans. They're surviving. So, they get culled now and then. There was one episode where they were like, "Oh my God, the Wraith have eaten everything." It's not like they're wiping out the galaxy. The only problem is that they eat humans, who are very loud. That's why sharks are being killed, that's why tigers are being killed. Because they eat us! We want to live forever, we want to wipe out anything that's a threat to us. It doesn't work that way - the universe must have balance. The Wraith are part of that balance. So, they're not going to cull humans anymore, what then? There'll be too many people. So, there's really no need to redeem them. The only reason Todd would even think about using the retrovirus is to gain some control. I think he has a wonderful vision, he sees the outcome, and if he has to eat a mango to get an upper hand in the alliance, why not? The way things are going for Todd, it's not good. Each meal could be his last. But he's still a Wraith, so he is adapting to an imposed imbalance. Why do you think he's one of the last surviving commanders? Because he's perpetually adapting."

I could totally kiss him full on his lips for that! Let's get Chris to write the movie script!!
                          das
                          Thankyou so much for posting that, I haven't got my mag yet It'll probably take a little while to grow wings and fly to Australia

I wish he was writing the movie script too! He's so amazing....inside and out!!

And thankyou for posting something about it on JM's blog
                          sigpic
                          Cass Todd -

Comment

The way I see it, Chris just needs to stop by here and chat with us! He has great insight into both his own character, and the Wraith as a whole - more than I think the creators even have. I would love to bounce ideas and thoughts off of him - not because he's 'Todd', but - because - he obviously has a great brain.

AND, he'd probably keep us from slipping into the gutter every third comment...

das
                            And he clearly has a much better grip on who Todd is than the writers do!!!
                            Which, when you think about it, is obviously why the guy does such a brilliant job of portraying Todd on screen!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Wraith would like to share words of wisdom with you.

This is Shawn's favourite saying for meditating on. I can't say I'm surprised.

Spoiler:

Here is one from the Queens.

Spoiler:

And here is one from Steve.

Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                                Wraith would like to share words of wisdom with you.

This is Shawn's favourite saying for meditating on. I can't say I'm surprised.
                                Spoiler:

Here is one from the Queens.
                                Spoiler:

And here is one from Steve.
                                Spoiler:
                                Truly inspiring! I like Shawn's words best.

Comment

Working...
                                X