Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
    I have a messy house right now myself!! Yuck, yuck. I love woodworking so I am busy about making some side tables for our bed in the bedroom. Our bedroom is such an eyesore, and I really wanted to tackle it today, but it is stressing me out and taking a lot longer than I hoped. So, I haven't really relaxed since I went on holidays I'm hoping to get it together tomorrow.

WK

OT whine:
    Spoiler:
    Well, I was sick for two weeks with a cold - didn't feel like cleaning then. Four indoor cats = lots of fur and dust, and although I have done a couple quick vacuums, I haven't done it thoroughly. Then my sister came up to visit - that messed up my routine. Then we had some family gatherings...messed up my routine. Then I didn't feel good earlier this week, and Thursday spent the day baking cookies (and some grocery shopping and laundry), Friday (yesterday) I bummed and went shopping with me mum, and today all I got done was washing the bedding, and a few errands. But I spent over an hour trying to track down a replacement mop head, and that just took the wind out of my sails. I'm half-blind, too...so I have to clean in the daylight because I can't see squat at night. Then hubby came home and fixed a sink problem, but there had been a leak, so everything that was under the sink is now ALL over my tiny kitchen while we try to dry out the cabinet...and I DO NOT DO WELL IN A MESSY ENVIRONMENT!

das
    sigpic

Comment

*gives das a big wraithy hug* - go and get some rest - you sound like you need it and won't get a lot done today anymore anyway

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
        *gives das a big wraithy hug* - go and get some rest - you sound like you need it and won't get a lot done today anymore anyway
        I had a nap earlier - it helped a little...but not much. Now it's after midnight, and I'm having Tim Tam Slams...with red wine! WOO! Aaaand...I just poured wine down my shirt...

das
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
          I had a nap earlier - it helped a little...but not much. Now it's after midnight, and I'm having Tim Tam Slams...with red wine! WOO! Aaaand...I just poured wine down my shirt...

das
          Um, das, what are Tim Tam Slams?

@mfw: Great pics! Thanks
          Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tam_Slam

das
            sigpic

Comment

Ah, thanks! Not sure about Tim Tams and red wine -- maybe a nice stout or port.

I just thought I would weigh in on the "leaked" episodes: haven't watched them and don't intend to watch them until they are broadcast legitimately. By the way, Gateworld has a specific thread for those people who have watched them and want to discuss them.
              Last edited by Sparrow_hawk; 27 December 2008, 08:52 PM. Reason: addition
              Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
                Ah, thanks! Not sure about Tim Tams and red wine -- maybe a nice stout or port.
                Yeah - port. That's where I bought these, at our local vineyard...in the port wine display. I usually do the Slam with cofffee in the morning, but the other night I decided to try it with wine, and I liked it!

Ya know - I betcha Todd would like these things, too...given the chance. Only, I'm not sure with those teeth Todd would be able to delicately nibble off a corner, let alone suck anything through the biscuit without crumbling it to pieces.

Ohhh...I said 'Todd' and 'nibble' and 'suck'...all in the same sentence...

das
                sigpic

Comment

Hi Sorry I haven't been here that often I have been busy but, I made another Wraith banner. Anyone is welcome to use it. I'm still in the Christmas/Holiday mood. So giving away Wraith banners is like giving presents.

LS

Comment

OT whine:
                    Spoiler:
                    Well, I was sick for two weeks with a cold - didn't feel like cleaning then. Four indoor cats = lots of fur and dust, and although I have done a couple quick vacuums, I haven't done it thoroughly. Then my sister came up to visit - that messed up my routine. Then we had some family gatherings...messed up my routine. Then I didn't feel good earlier this week, and Thursday spent the day baking cookies (and some grocery shopping and laundry), Friday (yesterday) I bummed and went shopping with me mum, and today all I got done was washing the bedding, and a few errands. But I spent over an hour trying to track down a replacement mop head, and that just took the wind out of my sails. I'm half-blind, too...so I have to clean in the daylight because I can't see squat at night. Then hubby came home and fixed a sink problem, but there had been a leak, so everything that was under the sink is now ALL over my tiny kitchen while we try to dry out the cabinet...and I DO NOT DO WELL IN A MESSY ENVIRONMENT!

das
                    Oh my! OT
                    Spoiler:
                    I am exactly, I tell you EXACTLY the same way, and I'm feeling really stressed because of it. Me man and I are complete collectaholics. For instance, it is three in the morning, and we've just finished building Lego space station--where are we going to put it? Jam it in some space near the ceiling and the comic books. We have carpeting everywhere, which I can't stand at the best of times. Then the boys (our prepubesent kitties) like to rummage through every little trinket in the house. So, scattered all over the floor and in various dusty corners are hair elastics, beer bottle tops from having my father-in-law over for Christmas, the Christmas wrapping paper (the kitties found this utterly mesmerizing) is now in confetti bits happily scattered into their kitty bed. Because the last week of school was so exhausting for me and I threw my back out we haven't had any time to clean house. Our apartment is getting too small for the number of books, Lego projects, moulds (we like to build model castles from these Plaster of Pairs moulds), beanbag chairs and on and on and on. I have three dressers in my bedroom, one tv and one bookshelf squished full of books, along with a chair, a bed and a night stand. You're feeling depressed, I'm feeling stressed and I really want to get this night table finished so that I can toss half my stuff out and yet still have a place to put my tea and book before I go to bed at night. I also get my sanity from a clean house, and it just hasn't been this way the last few weeks. Now my back is completely out. Anyway, hon I know you're feeling down about it, but I must admit I do feel a little comforted that I am not the only one who feels this way. You've also been quite sick which will put anyone out of their routine. Hang in there, clean your house in bits and pieces (can you call in sick? After all you have been sick, then rest, then clean). I so empathize. Maybe the hubby can help?

WK
                    "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

To das, and WK I hope the both of you will start to feel better.
                      Hugs to both of you and anyone who is depressed or stressed or just feeling under the weather.

OT
                      Spoiler:

I think it is this time of the year that people get STRESSED, It is all the exceptions. The shopping, having friends or family over for the holidays. The one thing I can tell you people have no patients at this time. I recently took a part-time job in a retail store so I can have a bit of extra cash and I can tell people are RUDE! They want 50% off of this and that! when somethings are already at the lowest price. They swear at me because I can't give them the extra 50% off. I might as well give it for free. Anyways, I hope that 2009 will be good to everyone here in spite of the economy

LS

Comment

Originally posted by Starry Waters
                        Sounds like you have too. I'm beginning to think at least half of you have.
                        I'm glad that mods are inforcing the off-topic rule in regards to the episodes. I'm avoiding them very successfully. Will watch them once they air, full and complete and sanctioned
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate_muffin View Post
                          I'm glad that mods are inforcing the off-topic rule in regards to the episodes. I'm avoiding them very successfully. Will watch them once they air, full and complete and sanctioned
                          Ditto, I've been very good so far too.

I hope you feel better soon Das and WK! *Gives wraith shaped cookies*

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                            Hugs to both of you and anyone who is depressed or stressed or just feeling under the weather.

OT
                            Spoiler:

I think it is this time of the year that people get STRESSED, It is all the exceptions. The shopping, having friends or family over for the holidays. The one thing I can tell you people have no patients at this time. I recently took a part-time job in a retail store so I can have a bit of extra cash and I can tell people are RUDE! They want 50% off of this and that! when somethings are already at the lowest price. They swear at me because I can't give them the extra 50% off. I might as well give it for free. Anyways, I hope that 2009 will be good to everyone here in spite of the economy

LS
                            Hope you are feeling better das, WK as well as you LS - not a good experience being at the other end of the sales counter!

OT
                            Spoiler:
                            Cause I was hospitalized with heart probs 4 months ago, I decided to take it easy and not worry or stress about anything - I let the rest of the family do that & I have had the easiest Christmas for a long time. It's been good.

Seven
                            Attached Files
                            I came, I saw, I conquered!
                            sigpic
                            We are unique! Created unique!
                            Sevenofnine

Comment

Hey guys, let's remember please, not everyone has seen Vegas or EATG, and they're patiently waiting to see it when it legally airs.
                              So please, respect that and don't discuss those two episodes here at all. There are folks that are finding even the most simple of comments like 'wow, this part was great but i won't go into more' to be more of a spoiler than they want

It's gonna air in a couple of weeks, won't it be more fun when you can all squee together?
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post

OT
                                Spoiler:

LS
                                Thank you sweet heart! That puts things in perspective! Why do I always forget this time of year is like this?

WK
                                "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Working...
                                X