Andee Frizzell/WraithQueens Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
    I think it was in Be All My Sins Remember'd that Todd said this about Hives vs Queens:

(BAMSR and Spoils of War)
    Spoiler:
    He said that not all the hives had Queens. So I assume they're kinda rare. I'm guessing they could probably clone Queens like in Spoils of War, but maybe they try to actually raise them like Ellia... they wouldn't want to have a drone leading their armies.

also from "the Hive" I gather there might be some territorial issues when it comes to queens, lol!
    Some BAMSR and SoW things are in spoilers...

Spoiler:
    Yup, Todd said that there's many Hives without Queens, so should they fall, they won't be able to reproduce any more, so they weren't really in the mood to go into battle. Hence the not having 12 ships, but only 7?

And Queens can't really stand each other. Hives don't trust each other. Hence the shooting each other down when they don't believe the other ones (which is like always).

The female in Rising was called a Keeper, yes. But we don't really know what this means. Was she a caretaker of that Hive, or was she the caretaker of all the dormant Hives? She said that shooting her would wake up ALL the Wraith... And they saw indeed that the Wraith in that Hive were waking up. She could have been the Queen of that Hive, but since they were in a more dormant phase of their existence, she had a slight title change, into 'Keeper'? We really don't know.

I don't think that there's other female Wraith in the Hive, except for the Queen. Females again don't like each other, they'd fight for power even in their own Hives, should there be more, I think. Besides, top priority in Wraith Culture seems to be to get a Queen in every Hive, to lead the males. Or if there's none of those available, the oldest males maybe have command of the Hives? Like the Sateda Commander, he was ugly, and old. And then there's Todd.
    Spoiler:
    He's VERY smart, and also VERY old, since he knows about the SoW facility. He's worked on it before, or been there before, so pre-Lantean War, he is. That's why he's got his own Hives. He did mention he wanted his power back, lever his way back in. That's how he plans to take them out and over.

Ellia was transported, right? So after they're a couple of years old, they get taken to another Hive? To grow up there? Or maybe a pregnant Queen (should they do that, instead of having eggs, or something that results into the boys and girls being born out of pods) gets transported to a sort of settlement, and then when the child is old enough, she/he gets transported? I read somewhere that they at first wanted to have Ellia be a boy, but they thought a girl would be easier to sympathize with, so using a girl it was? I hope that means that they're born the same way. It could also be that they have Queens, or females, stashed away somewhere in real Wraith planets, that are tasked with breeding purposes? Maybe they, every so many years, even switch females around, so they turn into Queens of a Hive, and the Queens go to the breeding facility? We again do not know. It kinda would be stupid to have EVERY female off in space, where they can be shot? If not by the other females, by the Lanteans?

Now, if Andee would just show up once and tell us something... That would be great!

Not that she knows more...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
      Some BAMSR and SoW things are in spoilers...

Spoiler:
      Yup, Todd said that there's many Hives without Queens, so should they fall, they won't be able to reproduce any more, so they weren't really in the mood to go into battle. Hence the not having 12 ships, but only 7?

And Queens can't really stand each other. Hives don't trust each other. Hence the shooting each other down when they don't believe the other ones (which is like always).

The female in Rising was called a Keeper, yes. But we don't really know what this means. Was she a caretaker of that Hive, or was she the caretaker of all the dormant Hives? She said that shooting her would wake up ALL the Wraith... And they saw indeed that the Wraith in that Hive were waking up. She could have been the Queen of that Hive, but since they were in a more dormant phase of their existence, she had a slight title change, into 'Keeper'? We really don't know.

I don't think that there's other female Wraith in the Hive, except for the Queen. Females again don't like each other, they'd fight for power even in their own Hives, should there be more, I think. Besides, top priority in Wraith Culture seems to be to get a Queen in every Hive, to lead the males. Or if there's none of those available, the oldest males maybe have command of the Hives? Like the Sateda Commander, he was ugly, and old. And then there's Todd.
      Spoiler:
      He's VERY smart, and also VERY old, since he knows about the SoW facility. He's worked on it before, or been there before, so pre-Lantean War, he is. That's why he's got his own Hives. He did mention he wanted his power back, lever his way back in. That's how he plans to take them out and over.

Ellia was transported, right? So after they're a couple of years old, they get taken to another Hive? To grow up there? Or maybe a pregnant Queen (should they do that, instead of having eggs, or something that results into the boys and girls being born out of pods) gets transported to a sort of settlement, and then when the child is old enough, she/he gets transported? I read somewhere that they at first wanted to have Ellia be a boy, but they thought a girl would be easier to sympathize with, so using a girl it was? I hope that means that they're born the same way. It could also be that they have Queens, or females, stashed away somewhere in real Wraith planets, that are tasked with breeding purposes? Maybe they, every so many years, even switch females around, so they turn into Queens of a Hive, and the Queens go to the breeding facility? We again do not know. It kinda would be stupid to have EVERY female off in space, where they can be shot? If not by the other females, by the Lanteans?

Now, if Andee would just show up once and tell us something... That would be great!

Not that she knows more...
      I could imagine that Ellia was the duaghter of a queen that had died and she was transported to her hive. But do you really think that they switch the females around? I mean they seem to be VERY teritorial so shwitching them around would be very difficult. maybe an hive without a Queen is able to get a a girl from another hive - they don't seem teritorial in early years.

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
        I could imagine that Ellia was the daughter of a queen that had died and she was transported to her hive. But do you really think that they switch the females around? I mean they seem to be VERY territorial so switching them around would be very difficult. maybe an hive without a Queen is able to get a a girl from another hive - they don't seem territorial in early years.
        The Queen doesn't have to be dead. It could be a ground rule that females are transported to the nearest, or more friendly Queenless Hive at a certain age, or from a settlement to a Hive, when the time is right.

Either way, it was strange that a Dart with such an important person on it was flying around...

Comment

The Queen doesn't have to be dead. It could be a ground rule that females are transported to the nearest, or more friendly Queenless Hive at a certain age, or from a settlement to a Hive, when the time is right.

Either way, it was strange that a Dart with such an important person on it was flying around...
          Hmm, I'm not sure but to me this theory seems like the queens are just birthing machines.

actually this was really weird. I mean if female wraiths are so rare and precious, why do they transport them with a Dart? Maybe the hive or cruiser she was on has been attacked by another hive and the only way to rescue her was to transport her this way.

Comment

Hmm, I'm not sure but to me this theory seems like the queens are just birthing machines.

actually this was really weird. I mean if female wraiths are so rare and precious, why do they transport them with a Dart? Maybe the hive or cruiser she was on has been attacked by another hive and the only way to rescue her was to transport her this way.
            That's also a possibility... Wouldn't they have had to have been hanging above the planet there, then? Cos maybe they flew towards the Stargate and got shot down or what happened again? They had a broken Dart, or what?

Comment

That's also a possibility... Wouldn't they have had to have been hanging above the planet there, then? Cos maybe they flew towards the Stargate and got shot down or what happened again? They had a broken Dart, or what?
              right.. there must have been more wraiths... or the other hive thought they were no survivors and left. i can't remember what happened to the Dart.
              It could have been also a secret transport or Ellia has been kidnapped. But then the question is: is a Dart appropriate to cover long distances?

Comment

Hi!
                I found that thread yesterday. @wraithlord, you're a GENIUS to start it

Are you sure that she was transported in a dart? I don't really remember... If so, she would have to be transported in the 'storage device' and so the other Wraith. If that would be the case, why were they wounded? Only the pilot should be and since the others were rematerialized they should be ok? Where am I wrong?

Icarium

Comment

Hi everyone i can't stay for long as i have to go off again soon
                  Hmm.. interesting. I don't remember all that was said about the wraith - but great to have some experts here. And in Germany we only finished season 3. But I have no problem with spoilers. ^^ It would be very cool to have one episode concentrating on the female wraiths and breeding - just to gain an insight of it - well an insight to the whole topic not in the wraith queens - some things should stay secret xD
                  It's nice to have some experts in here.
                  Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                  well, don't get too excited about Spoils of War when it comes to the breeding story line, lol, I was a little disappointed. But there are definitely good wraith stories ahead! do you know when you get season 4?
                  To be honest i was a bit disappointed with the breeding story too i just hope that someday they explain how the Queen's are born as i really hate it when they leave some of the storylines unanswered.
                  It was a honest mistake. I meant Cruisers, cos that was my whole point, of course. It was late and I had a headache all day long, already.
                  It's ok GoSpikey everybody makes mistake's oh and congrats on 2000 posts and i really like your
                  Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                  Hi!
                  I found that thread yesterday. @wraithlord, you're a GENIUS to start it

Are you sure that she was transported in a dart? I don't really remember... If so, she would have to be transported in the 'storage device' and so the other Wraith. If that would be the case, why were they wounded? Only the pilot should be and since the others were rematerialized they should be ok? Where am I wrong?

Icarium
                  Thanks for the complement Icarium and welcome to the thread also i don't think it was a Dart that Ellia was on i thought it was some sort of Wraith Transport but i could be wrong it's been awhile since i watched the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
                    It's ok GoSpikey everybody makes mistakes oh and congrats on 2000 posts and i really like your
                    Thanks and thanks!

Needless to say I like it very much, too!

Thanks for the complement Icarium and welcome to the thread also i don't think it was a Dart that Ellia was on i thought it was some sort of Wraith Transport but i could be wrong it's been awhile since i watched the episode.
                    Like the transport vessel from Allies? The one that brought in the Queen, the scientist and Michael?

I haven't watched the ep in ages, either, so I can't remember. I don't think it was a Dart that wanted to cull... Cos stuffing people in the thing with a future Queen... Nah. Sounds strange. Maybe a Hive under attack, vessel escapes with 'the future' in it, and er, lands somewhere but gets angry village people instead? I only remember they slaughtered them except for one male and the little girl who was taken away by the guy who lost his own kids.

Comment

Thanks and thanks!

Needless to say I like it very much, too!

Like the transport vessel from Allies? The one that brought in the Queen, the scientist and Michael?

I haven't watched the ep in ages, either, so I can't remember. I don't think it was a Dart that wanted to cull... Cos stuffing people in the thing with a future Queen... Nah. Sounds strange. Maybe a Hive under attack, vessel escapes with 'the future' in it, and er, lands somewhere but gets angry village people instead? I only remember they slaughtered them except for one male and the little girl who was taken away by the guy who lost his own kids.
                      ha.. on Wikipdia I found this:
                      Encountering a primitive people who claimed they are being fed upon by a mysterious beast, but who otherwise seem ignorant of the Wraith, the members of the Atlantis team begin to search the surrounding forest for what they have deduced is a lone Wraith soldier. While searching in the woods for the Wraith that had been terrorizing the village, the Atlantis team meets a man named Zaddik and his adopted daughter Ellia, a Wraith whom he rescued as a young child. A lone Wraith Dart had crashed on the planet years ago and, though the villagers had slain all Wraith that survived the crash, Zaddik spared the baby he found because of its apparent innocence. Raised with compassion and love, treated as no different from any human daughter, Ellia demonstrates typical human emotions and characteristics (Including fear and guilt). According to Zaddik, Ellia has never fed on a human. When she first began craving human life force, Zaddik began experimenting and developed a serum as an alternative.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wraith_...Stargate#Ellia
                      So it was a Dart and Ellia was a baby when the Dart chrashed. so far so good: still is the question why the Dart crashed on the planet. But this is something we might never know...

Comment

Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
                        You're welcome

ha.. on Wikipdia I found this:

So it was a Dart and Ellia was a baby when the Dart chrashed. so far so good: still is the question why the Dart crashed on the planet. But this is something we might never know...
                        Well, Wikipedia is Wikipedia but I still think that Dart is too small, it has place for the pilot only. But if that really was the Dart crashed, it could mean that they were transporting Ellia in emergency in the 'storage device'. What concerns me is that Zaddik said they killed the survivors which suggests they had to be wounded (or he even said they were wounded). And if they were transported in the storage device there would be no reason for them to be wounded. Perhaps I should really re-watch the episode...

Icarium

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                          You're welcome

Well, Wikipedia is Wikipedia but I still think that Dart is too small, it has place for the pilot only. But if that really was the Dart crashed, it could mean that they were transporting Ellia in emergency in the 'storage device'. What concerns me is that Zaddik said they killed the survivors which suggests they had to be wounded (or he even said they were wounded). And if they were transported in the storage device there would be no reason for them to be wounded. Perhaps I should really re-watch the episode...

Icarium
                          I know that everyone can post on Wikipedia but I think this wrote a fan who really knows about this. Maybe the fellow wriths got hurt on their hive and just safed themselves with the dart...

Comment

I know that everyone can post on Wikipedia but I think this wrote a fan who really knows about this. Maybe the fellow wriths got hurt on their hive and just safed themselves with the dart...
                            But there's only room for one in a Dart... And then the back is the device that beams people up. If they were being transported in a Dart, the girl had to have been in there, together with some guards/warriors, maybe the Dart got attacked too, and the pilot had to beam them out while in full flight in a rough area and they got hurt?

Must watch ep some day, so part of the speculation is gone...

Comment

Hi everyone just quickly stopping by to do a pic-spam of Sally/Sonja/Renate Granate The Keeper in Rising and I'll try and catch up with some of your posts tomorrow

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Comment

Pic-spam continued
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X