This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally,

I feel that Carson is such a great character, he really pulled himself from being a recurring character to being a full time cast member. Though his character was cut off, I feel that the way they did it really made things seem not so rushed.

The memorial service was beautiful, the bag pipes was something that we never seen in stargate sg1.

I feel that in order to keep the value of this episode, it may be good to keep Carson out.
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

He must of accended for the f so the whales would have been playing with Rodneys minds again that the end and secound the white flash went he died i felt matched the accention of thim.
      Plus his a reacurring character there4 he must be accended.

I also think only Rodney knew his accended there4 the body might have been parts of that other gy.
      sigpic
      Banner Made By Me for Me
      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Personally I would not mind Carson going all Yoda & Obi Wan on the gang every now & then & just comes back as a ghost

They did that once already & hey if it keeps happening it could actually lead to funny moments with the group Carson showing up at random times.

Comment

Here's my idea...

In 'Misbegotten' when Carson was held hostage by Michael, Michael used Wraith technology to copy everything in Carson's mind (knowledge, memories). As well as that he took DNA samples, and after escaping, has spent the time making a Carson clone, so that the clone can teach him how to make the other Wraith into humans for consumption.

I think we'll meet the clone Carson in 'Vengeance'

I'd settle for the clone coming in, because he'd have the memories and personality of the Carson of seasons 1 and 2.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

The only flaw with that which couldn't be ignored is that you can guarantee that the Carson clone would have been "programmed" bu Michael, and would the team really risk bringing what could be tantamounr to a Wraith spy into their ranks?
            Atlantis : Revolutions - an AU "Stargate: Atlantis" RPG

Comment

Yeah I know...I'm clutching at straws, but I just wanna see Carson again
              sigpic

Comment

I want to see Carson again as much as anyone else. I just hope they managed to do it in a way that he can be feasibly brought back permanently, without a view to having to off him again.

Comment

Ditto

I think we'll find out a bit more in 'Vengeance' though.

Quote from Ken Cuperus interview
                  "Vengeance" sees the return of Michael -- who is very much not amused by the recent attempts of the Atlantis team to blow him up. (As seen in "Misbegotten") And Michael's latest science project means a world of hurt to our team.
                  And from Joe Mallozzi's poem (why couldn't he stick to poems and food rather than rattling fans cages with some lousy timing?)
                  From innocents lost he’ll produce strict adherence
                  While the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance
                  sigpic

Comment

We know Paul isn't in any more season 3 episodes, so Ken must be alluding to something else.

However, Joe Mallozzi could easily be talking about season 4. We have to keep hoping that the writers are taking notice!

Comment

Carson is dead, yup that's pretty conclusive, unless TPTB pull a stunt like Tasha Yar or Harry Kim, Daniel Jackson or even a Bobby Ewing. He could come back in any one of a million ways so let's not get too upset about it.
                      sigpic
                      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Where was it stated that Paul isn't in any later episodes?

Y'know what I've found really odd? The shooting order...it means they kept Paul around well after they filmed Beckett's death.

strange...
                        sigpic

Comment

The point being that is we DON'T get upset about, he WON'T be brought back - which is what a lot of people aren't prepared to take a chance on.

Like I said more or less at the beginning of this thread...

"I'd rather light a candle than sit and curse the darkness".

KEEP THE LION RAMPANT: SAVE CARSON, & SAVE SGA!

Comment

The shooting order was allegedly down to budget constraints, and is pretty common in TV - you shoot what you can, when you can.

And I've read somewhere that this is the last season 3 episode he appears in. Will see if I can find the link.

Comment

Okieday

I'm gonna hold out hope though

Any other ideas anyone?
                              sigpic

Comment

With David Hewlett's movie seeming to pick up steam, does anyone know if Paul is going to be involved in any of the media events or screenings? I have to admit his absence so far is worrying. (Though hopefully it just means he's busy with other projects!) Paul's name didn't even come up when David talked about doing a photo publicity shoot for the movie. But I would love to find some stuff that featured Paul to put out and about in my own small circles.

I'm not registered in DH's forum, and I really can't have another distraction like that in my life right now, so I was hoping someone here might have the skinny on this.

*eyes pile of Herodotus and Homer that she should be reading instead of perusing the boards for the latest comments and info on this debacle*

Anyone?
                                sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
                                ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                                X