No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/Torri Higginson WOW Thread - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have no time just this extract from first strike... MY GOD!!

have to go to school sorry
    Last edited by angeltorri; 06 February 2007, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by angeltorri View Post
      Have no time just this extract from first strike... MY GOD!!

have to go to school sorry
      Oh. My. GOD!
      hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

First strike
        Spoiler:

Since I knew what was going to happen to Elizabeth, I had a sad feeling while watching the episode, especially since they introduced the two new people already, all the new people coming bother me. Some John/Elizabeth scenes and all of Elizabeth made me smile though. I liked all the interaction between Elizabeth, John, Rodney and Elizabeth with anyone.

Loved:
        - Elizabeth: "Yes, Chuck?" Thank you Torri for giving him a name, finally
        (Thanks to Chuck for sharing that on the con and Major Moomin for her report on that)
        - Elizabeth's try at negotiating with the replicator, Torri manages it amazingly, love her speeches as the boss & when she's making announcements to all the personnel
        - about the talk with Teyla, I don't believe Elizabeth would ever want to resign, she loves Atlantis too much, she wouldn't give it up just like that, and she certainly wouldn't care what IOA thinks of her as a female leader of Atlantis
        - McKay saying to the new colonel "I don't think that's your call." and looking at Elizabeth to give an "okay." YES!
        - McKay to Elizabeth: "Aye, aye, captain." Cute!
        - the new guy (what's his name) saying to Elizabeth that he respects her, it was nice
        - we learn that Gen. O'Neill is awfully fond of Elizabeth, I like that
        - I would've been devastated if I didn't know what was going to happen to Elizabeth and that she'll come back, still it upsets me so much, this, what they're doing to Torri, a recurring? so unfair, she's fabulous, I cannot understand why they'd do this (unless it's because Carter is coming, not happy if this is true), she brings so much to the show, she was more than amazing in this episode (this season, this show), she's doing such a great job as the leader... I can't understand their reasoning, it certainly can't be Torri's fault. There'll be a huge void in all the episodes without her next season, a void AT/Carter no way could fill, well, I won't be watching to see anyway, I just can't imagine the gang (John, Rodney, Teyla, Ronon, Radek and Lorne if you will) carrying on without Elizabeth.

Some caps:
        Spoiler:

Love the curls:

Spoiler:

The black jacket is back!!

Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I was so
          Spoiler:
          screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" at my screen when she went to that window...
          Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
            First strike
            Spoiler:

Loved:
            - Elizabeth: "Yes, Chuck?" Thank you Torri for giving him a name, finally
            (Thanks to Chuck for sharing that on the con and Major Moomin for her report on that)
            No problem! It was so funny at the table when he told us. When he asked us what we wanted for season 4 and we said that he should have a name. Then him laughing and telling us about the slip up Torri made during their scene together. lol! He said he didn't know if she was just distracted or if she did it on purpose but they just carried on with the scene as normal. And they kept it in!
            hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Oh, btw, I did a kind of run-by comment to First Strike in my journal. If you want to take a peek at what's happening in the ep it's a public entry at the moment (and well not so coherent towards the end anymore...)
              Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

First Strike

Spoiler:
                Ok, like I said in the Sparky thread, I've seen the ep two hours ago, but I'm still shocked by the end of the ep!

I've cried "No don't go" or something like that when she come to stand before the window. And then, I was OMG NO!!! And I swear I was shaking with shock at the end of the ep... I couldn't...

But she's gonna be alright, right? Keller will do anything she can for her.

And the theory some of us had about Elizabeth being in a coma? We might have been right afterall!

Is it July yet?

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
                  I have a copy of Twas the Night that I taped off TV a couple of years ago... unfortunately, I don't have a way to duplicate VHS tapes, and since it's NTSC, it wouldn't play correctly there anyways.
                  For anyone who wants to know. You can install a video capture card in a free pci slot in your pc.You connect using an av cable I think. The software with the card will convert the video stream into another format

Comment

my vid about first strike

Spoiler:

Vid

Enjoy

Comment

I gotta say, First Strike was fantastic.
                      Spoiler:
                      -Elizabeth's crisis over whether or not she should really be there? Very poignant, knowing what was going to happen to her in the end. That whole scene was so refreshing to see - she had a chance to vent her frustrations with someone close to her. And beyond that, we got more Elizabeth/Teyla bonding time!

-Didn't much care for Col. Ellis' interaction with Weir, only because it felt like they just rehashed the entire Col. Everett storyline again.

-LOVED Lizzie's interaction at the start with the new doctor. The vote of confidence that she gave to Dr. Keller, and the sad note at the mention of Carson. Well done.

-And of course... that ending. I was kinda disappointed, in a way. I was really hoping that we'd get a bit more closure about what was going to happen to her. Coma? Death? Not-a-death? Okay, but a long road to recovery? We were sort of just left hanging, knowing that she was injured. It just didn't feel like that dramatic, even though I knew it was.

On a side note, does anyone else find it interesting that Elizabeth was giving Dr. Keller that vote of confidence in the beginning when the doctor's faith in herself was flagging... and now she may be the one to turn around and save Elizabeth? Just a thought.

I'm certainly looking forward to the start of season 4 - I'm really curious as to the direction that they're taking the Weir storyline...

Originally posted by peterl View Post
                      For anyone who wants to know. You can install a video capture card in a free pci slot in your pc.You connect using an av cable I think. The software with the card will convert the video stream into another format
                      Yeah, I actually have one... alas, I also work 50+ hours a week and commute an hour and a half each way, so time is not something I have at the moment, especially taking the time to clean up the horrid raw video capture quality.
                      "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                      My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

(First Strike)
                        Spoiler:
                        I'm not sure I even care about this show anymore, after that. I'm just cold right now. No passion for it at all. I knew what was going to happen, and so I also know she'll be back next season in some way, but I may not even bother watching it, at least until it airs here, because I just... *shakes head* Emotionless. Best word I can find to describe how I felt after seeing that.

Comment

Ack! The one day a week when I don't have to work, and GW is down all day and I wanna talk about the ep. Go figure.

*needs her fix*

I think the most frustrating thing at this point is
                          Spoiler:
                          not knowing where the storyline is going. Weir could still be in a lot of episodes and truly have a "major arc" like they say... or it could be a Mulder-esque arc, where she's only a driving force that we never see (which would turn me off from the show completely). One way or the other, I just wanna know!

Comment

Just saw the episode:
                            Spoiler:
                            I must say I like everyone here was yelling no at my screen during the explosion. I think she'll be all right, though hope maybe the more correct term. I think maybe Carter will come to Atlantis while Weir is recovering, maybe to help with the ZPM problem also, and stay there for as many more episodes that remain. Maybe that's me just being hopeful but I don't know. Also maybe Weir will be in just as many episodes, wasn't Carson and Zeleka recurring characters in S1 and they were recurring episodes. Again maybe that's my just optomistic side. Despite the ending for Weir a good episode. Is it July yet? I wanna know what happens!
                            Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

I just gotta make a general *poke* here for all our fic authors - I wanna see some post-First Strike fic, people!
                              Spoiler:
                              What happens to Elizabeth? Does she die? Recover? Lose command of the city? Permanent injuries? I wanna see the fic!

(That's how I'll have to keep myself busy until whenever-the-hell-they-decide-to-air-season-four. Speculation fic! )

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
                                I just gotta make a general *poke* here for all our fic authors - I wanna see some post-First Strike fic, people!
                                Spoiler:
                                What happens to Elizabeth? Does she die? Recover? Lose command of the city? Permanent injuries? I wanna see the fic!

(That's how I'll have to keep myself busy until whenever-the-hell-they-decide-to-air-season-four. Speculation fic! )
                                I think that's how I'll spend the months until July too come to think of it. ::joins you in poking::
                                Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

Working...
                                X