No announcement yet.

The Secondary Women of Atlantis Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cadman walls? Umm...try the LJ communities (search for Cadman in interests). There's not much I'm afraid.
    Screencaps. TheWarrior recently posted some beautiful ones, stargatecaps.com is always good and there's a Cadman Thunk thread somewhere on GW too. When I have a bit more time i'll actually post some links.

Edit:
    Jaime Ray Newman's site
    StargateCaps
    Cadman Thunk thread
    JackFic.com caps
    The SciFi World has wallpaper sized ep pics
    New Atlantis has HQ ep pics
    The Wallpaper Thread might have some and I'm sure they'd love a request
    Last edited by bella; 24 July 2006, 11:16 AM.

Comment

I was thinking about making an avatar out of this screencap, so I thought I'd share.

"the lovely and talented Dumais" as Rodney called her. ("Hot Zone")
      that's her right? she's the one who dies a little later?

edit: Here's the av if someone would like to snag
      Last edited by nebulan; 27 July 2006, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Yes, that's her.
        Alas, poor redshirts. No matter what colour shirt you wear, you just can't escape.

I've found some more Francoise Robertson pics. This is her normal curly hair, I wonder if she chose to straighten it for SG or it was already like that when she was cast?

As an alien in Crusade.

In an episode of Sliders

Spoiler:

I've also been wondering about the 'blanks' in our Forgotten Womens lives. Nationality, age, qualifications, family, other halves, how they joined the Ex (or SGC/Whatever), their reactions to finding about the Stargate (or SGC/Atlantis Ex.)
        The Lorne/Novak LJ Community ran a poll for Novak (and Lorne) about their backstory which has thrown up some interesting ideas. I've always assumed Novak was Canadian, soley because Ellie Harvie is and I tend to go with the actors nationality if it's not mentioned on the show. And I know people assume Heightmeyer is American for the same reasons (at least I think Claire Rankin is US. Anyone?)
        Last edited by bella; 26 July 2006, 12:32 PM. Reason: Stupid photo account!

Comment

That's a cool idea Bella. Make up a chart of some sort. We could do that
          Btw ... *giggles for no good reason*¨... Heightmeyer may be American, but Claire is Canadian.

Aaaanyway...

Bella, screencaps from Claire's appearance in Without A Trace, season 2 - episode 5 - Copycat.

(my screencapping ability went below zero so these are from a Without A Trace fansite)

Spoiler:

Edit: I'm working on a musicvid about The Gift...but I'll let you know when it's finished...
          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 01 August 2006, 12:36 PM.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

She looks so different with her hair up. Thanks Falcon.

Camy, how's December going?

Charts...hmm. How do you do tables in BBS code? Can it even be done? Or would I have to get to info, make table and then post it as a picture/Jpg file. Fannon in one colour, Cannon in another, little header with picture...I like this idea!

Novak info at LJ sga reference.
            Wikipedia personnel list
            Katie Brown and Dr Biro at Wikipedia
            Dahlia and Sora at wikipedia
            Heightmeyer at Atlantis Personnel

Do you want to start with Heightmeyer?

Name: Dr Kate Heightmeyer
            Actress: Claire Rankin
            Episodes: The Gift, Duet, Micheal
            Uniform colour: Medical, white with yellow panels
            Joined Expedition: Original Expedition member

Falcon?

Must...step...away...from...internet...now.

Comment

Okay, this might be completely off topic, but does anyone know where I could find some good shippy Heightmeyer fics? Heightmeyer/Lorne would be preferable, but any fic ship is ok. After writing a shippy scene between the two for the Wild West AU I'm now intrigued by the idea!

Sorry again if this is off-topic, there just isn't really anywhere else I can think of to ask.
              Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Secondary women = On topic
                I've seen a few Heightmeyer/McKay and one Heightmeyer/Sheppard but I don't think there are any Heightmeyer/Lorne. You may have just started your own ship! Please post your fic here, I'd love to read it.

Comment

Well it's only the ending of a bigger story, but it can be found here: http://community.livejournal.com/wil...49.html#cutid1

Just to explain, it's an AU with characters from Atlantis + SG1 living in a town called Atlantis in the Wild West. Enjoy, and if you like it, read the other stories in the community!
                  Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

@Bella

Sure I could do Heightmeyer, just have to think about it and write it down somewhere. Might get the chart done by Friday.

Heightmeyer on Wiki -> no idea who put it there though, could be completely wrong

@Mentalmichael

Oh, I know one where there's a reference to Heightmeyer/Lorne but it's a femslash fic. But I think that's the only one so far. I know of a few Heightmeyer/Zelenka-ones. The obvious Heightmeyer/McKay-ones, though they continue from the misconception that McKay was seeing her in that sort of way in The Gift.

Comment

Actually I meant, make the list between us first, debate whether she's American or Canadian, discuss her family that sort of thing.
                      Th Wiki article sounds right but I don't know about the American bit, we've never seen her wearing a jacket with flag patch.
                      Where do you think she went to university? What degrees does she have? How was she recruited for the Atlantis Ex?

Comment

Originally posted by Bella
                        Actually I meant, make the list between us first, debate whether she's American or Canadian, discuss her family that sort of thing.
                        Country -> she could be either. Until we see a jacket or hear a reference we won't know for sure, but I'm thinking Heightmeyer is American.

Family -> I don't really know. I'm guessing she must have been single at the time when the expedition first left, otherwise I'm not sure she would have left on what was possibly a one-way trip. And we do know she is an original member of the expedition.

Originally posted by Bella
                        Where do you think she went to university? What degrees does she have? How was she recruited for the Atlantis Ex?
                        University -> medical school, which she briefly mentions in Duet -> This was not covered in medical school!, and she obviously majored in Psychology.

Degree -> She's an MD, not a PhD. *points @ university*

Recruiting -> I don't know. Maybe she was already working for the Air Force, or maybe she has the ancient gene, even though that isn't said either. But I think it's the gene thing cause again in Duet she mentions "But I have spent quite some time as a couples therapist." Not exactly the sort of thing you have to do in the Air Force, right. And going from the fact that she's supposed to be probably in her early thirties, she can't have been working that long since medical school is long in training.

That what you meant?

Comment

Yes. The idea is a chart with all the cannon info on and some fill-in-the-blanks logical fannon ideas, you have all the basics on the character in one place.

So now we have:

Name: Dr Kate Heightmeyer
                          Actress: Claire Rankin
                          Episodes: The Gift, Duet, Micheal
                          Uniform colour: Medical, white with yellow panels
                          Joined Expedition: Original Expedition member
                          Qualifications: Medical Degree

Comment

That about sums it up. Is there anything else you would like to add?

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Comment

Fly by post. Novak icons.

Comment

Ooooh, nice Icons, bella. I like the last two best. Green for you

Comment

Working...
                                X