The Secondary Women of Atlantis Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great caps Dahan.
    Falcon Horus, love your wallpaper. Could you do a Ellie Harvie/Novak one? (pretty please)

Comment

Originally posted by bella
      Falcon Horus, love your wallpaper. Could you do a Ellie Harvie/Novak one? (pretty please)
      Thanks!!

And yup, not a problem...I'll get right to it...

I second Reefgirl on Rachel's hair....EEEEK!!

And thanks for the screencaps, Dahan.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Could you do a Ellie Harvie/Novak one? (pretty please)
        Bella, here it is... I hope you like it. If, for any reason, you like to see something different I can always change it.

Spoiler:

Comment

Thanks, it looks really good.

Micheal Shanks talking about Ona Grauer in a recent interview.

In the current calendar, Shanks admits that his favourite photograph overall is the stunning close-up of Ona Grauer.
          "Ona’s so lovely and beautiful but there’s something unique the way the colours pop out of that image. All the ladies have some great quotient to them to be boasted about. Erica’s pictures are absolutely stunning and I think I’ve never seen a picture that looked quite so good. Laura’s sexuality seems to come screaming out in a way that I’ve never seen from her on television before. But I think that one picture of Ona, the image is so unique and so gorgeous."
          "Cadman" news.
          According to the Hollywood Reporter, Jaime Ray Newman ("Laura Cadman" in Atlantis's Season Two episode "Duet") has been cast in four episodes of NBC's E-Ring. She will play Army General Hughes's (Bob Gunton) daughter. In addition, Newman is appearing in two episodes of Related. The actress also recently landed one of the title roles in ABC's drama pilot Hollis and Rae.

Comment

Thanks, it looks really good.
            Your welcome.

Micheal Shanks talking about Ona Grauer in a recent interview.
            I completely agree on the Ona-thing. The picture is absolutely stunning.

"Cadman" news.
            According to the Hollywood Reporter, Jaime Ray Newman ("Laura Cadman" in Atlantis's Season Two episode "Duet") has been cast in four episodes of NBC's E-Ring. She will play Army General Hughes's (Bob Gunton) daughter. In addition, Newman is appearing in two episodes of Related. The actress also recently landed one of the title roles in ABC's drama pilot Hollis and Rae.
            If Jaime is that busy then I don't think we'll see her much in Atlantis. But maybe she can squeeze one or two episodes in her busy schedule.

Comment

Chapter 5 of Cigarettes, Whiskey and Wild, Wild Women is up

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                Chapter 5 of Cigarettes, Whiskey and Wild, Wild Women is up
                And it rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                  And it rocks!!
                  I second that! Nice!
                  Sig by Cazzblade

Comment

hey everyone

I'm not a regular here, just checking everything out (since I've only been a member for about a week)

If I have to choose a favourite I'd say Claire Rankin. she's just an exceptionally beautiful woman and a fantastic actress

and hey falcon! (leuk u hier tegen te komen*)

* for those who don't understand dutch I said: nice to see you here
                    Thank you Jenova Synthesis

Thank you to homever I borrowed this from

Comment

Originally posted by keshya
                      hey everyone
                      I'm not a regular here, just checking everything out (since I've only been a member for about a week)
                      Welcome to the thread, Keshya!!
                      Nice of you to join us here!! Hopefully we'll see you return many more times, cause as it says in my signature the secondary women of Atlantis deserve some lovin' too.

If I have to choose a favourite I'd say Claire Rankin. she's just an exceptionally beautiful woman and a fantastic actress
                      I completely agree. *happy sigh*

and hey falcon! (leuk u hier tegen te komen*)
                      * for those who don't understand dutch I said: nice to see you here
                      Yup, this is my most favorite thread on the Gateworld forum, and next are the Teyla/Rachel ones.

Comment

Thanks for the praise guys

Comment

Hi Keshya Welcome to the thread.
                          Keep up the good work Reefgirl!

Imagine if they made SG: Atlantis featuring the only the secondary characters (both male/female and SG1/Atlantis). Who would you put in charge? Who would make up the Team? Scientists? Doctors?
                          I'd put Dr Svetlana Markov(a) (Watergate) in charge and I think Major Davies would have to be there somewhere but I can't imagine him as leader of the team. Capt Daria Voronkova (Full alert) would be a good choice or Col. Dixon (Heroes). So how would I fit in Novak, Heightmeyer, Zelenka, Bates and Grodin?

Comment

Imagine if they made SG: Atlantis featuring the only the secondary characters (both male/female and SG1/Atlantis). Who would you put in charge? Who would make up the Team? Scientists? Doctors?
                            I'd put Dr Svetlana Markov(a) (Watergate) in charge and I think Major Davies would have to be there somewhere but I can't imagine him as leader of the team. Capt Daria Voronkova (Full alert) would be a good choice or Col. Dixon (Heroes). So how would I fit in Novak, Heightmeyer, Zelenka, Bates and Grodin?
                            Mmm, interesting question....

I agree on Dr. Markov in charge. She has proven she can handle herself in a stressfull situation such as Watergate. And it would probably make the Russians happy they have someone in command, but that's beside the point. Major Davis could be her military advisor of sorts. The liaison between the military and the civilians (I don't know, it's just a suggestion).

About the team... I think I'll put Colonel Dixon in charge of the team. He seemed like a fun guy and trustworthy(and is played by Adam Baldwin, an added bonus though I can't help but see Jayne Cobb every time I see him in one show or another).

Dr. Radek Zelenka is the scientist on the team. He would take the place that Rodney has on Sheppard's team. And Capt Daria Voronkova could be Dixon's 2IC. We should have at least two military people on board, or at least two people who know how to fight their way out of a possible explosive/dangerous situation, though I'm fairly sure scientists have their own little ways of getting out of hazardous situations. I'm sure they would McGyver something out of nothing.

As fourth member on the team I'd go with Dr. Peter Grodin. I know he's dead and all but I think he would make a great asset to the team and would be a good help to Zelenka. You know, they can bounce ideas of one another, in a more civilized way than Rodney does with Zelenka. Or and this might be even better and she's still alive. We put Dr. Miko Kusanagi on the team. She'd get a kick out of going off-world with Zelenka.

I'd keep Sergeant Bates as a Security Officer. He did a good job and we can certainly trust him to protect the city/base of operation.

I think Dr. Lindsey Novak is some sort of engineer or something and we can definitely use one of those. She can be on another team who occasionally goes off-world when needed but mostly stays on base and makes sure our alien technology is put to good use. And if she wants to she can always ask for Hermiod's assistence. They're great together.

Now, I don't think Dr. Kate Heightmeyer would be happy on an off-world team being a psychologist and all. If she wants to explore the galaxy, she can join a team of her choice and go off to have some fun. But for the main part she should be keeping people's emotional sanity in check. And make sure they're all happy and not drowning in stress. Some fanfic-writers have suggested Heightmeyer is the sort of person who would teach yoga. Yup, I'm gonna put her in charge of the fun-team. That's the team that keeps up morale. And Lt. Laura Cadman is definitely a member of that team.

Of course, the botanical team is in the hands of Dr. Katie Brown.

Anyone else have any ideas? We could create our own show like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                              About the team... I think I'll put Colonel Dixon in charge of the team. He seemed like a fun guy and trustworthy(and is played by Adam Baldwin, an added bonus though I can't help but see Jayne Cobb every time I see him in one show or another).
                              Ah yes, the Adam Baldwin love. Mainly the reason I suggested him.

I saw Voronkova (or Voronokova, Vorankova, etc) as the more capable Russian version of Major Davies. I think she'd be a great off-world team member, practical, calm, and fearless but it hasn't been seen on the show so thats more fannon than cannon.

As fourth member on the team I'd go with Dr. Peter Grodin. I know he's dead and all but I think he would make a great asset to the team and would be a good help to Zelenka. You know, they can bounce ideas of one another, in a more civilized way than Rodney does with Zelenka.
                              I'd keep Sergeant Bates as a Security Officer. He did a good job and we can certainly trust him to protect the city/base of operation.
                              I always secretly thought Bates and Grodin were running Atlantis. While all the main players were off having exciting adventures and saving the world, Bates and Grodin were keeping the city going, organising the laundry rotas, repairing the essential but not very dramatic systems and breaking up food fights in the canteen.

Or and this might be even better and she's still alive. We put Dr. Miko Kusanagi on the team. She'd get a kick out of going off-world with Zelenka.
                              I not sure, she always looked terrified to me. Although I can see her joining in with all the overexcited and incomprehensiveble (sp?) science discussions.

Now, I don't think Dr. Kate Heightmeyer would be happy on an off-world team being a psychologist and all. If she wants to explore the galaxy, she can join a team of her choice and go off to have some fun. But for the main part she should be keeping people's emotional sanity in check. And make sure they're all happy and not drowning in stress. Some fanfic-writers have suggested Heightmeyer is the sort of person who would teach yoga. Yup, I'm gonna put her in charge of the fun-team. That's the team that keeps up morale. And Lt. Laura Cadman is definitely a member of that team.
                              I thought Yoga too! I think Heightmeyer should do her normal job but be a lot more involved. I think she is very underused in the show (a Wraith/Genii/Michael psychological profile would come in handy). At the very least she's a good plot device to learn more about the characters and possible backstories.

Comment

I not sure, she (Miko Kusanagi) always looked terrified to me. Although I can see her joining in with all the overexcited and incomprehensiveble (sp?) science discussions.
                                I think she's more terrified of Rodney than anything else. I mean, the way they showed her in Letters From Pegasus it was like she was kissing the floor Rodney walked on. They portrayed her as a McKay-follower. But I think she'd be more comfortable at Radek's side.

I thought Yoga too! I think Heightmeyer should do her normal job but be a lot more involved. I think she is very underused in the show (a Wraith/Genii/Michael psychological profile would come in handy). At the very least she's a good plot device to learn more about the characters and possible backstories.
                                Oh, I completely agree. More Heightmeyer in the coming seasons would make me a happe girl (but that's beside the point).

On the yoga-matter... I was watching The Gift with audio commantary by Peter Deluise and Gary Jones (the latter having no idea what he was doing there). They talked a lot of nonsense but not during the cafetaria scene between Kate and Teyla. Apparently Claire Rankin and Rachel know each other and Peter Deluise said they'd probably spend their evenings together talking about all sorts of stuff and practicing (and here it comes) yoga. I couldn't help but laugh at that.

Comment

Working...
                                X