Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    I wou8ld very much accept Alan McCullough writing the script. He was one that didn't let his favouritism get in the way of his writing
    Well ninja I know you have a crush on the guy. But, to fair when I think of my displeasure with the writing/writers I don't think of Alan McCullogh. I think of others...I don't think I need to name them.

And I agree with Csom about your Doris Day's sig. I love it as well. I am such a fan of hers! Did she passed?

Originally posted by csom221 View Post
    Hey, y'all. Sharing some more Rachel loveliness...

Feel free to use.
    Csom221, these are very lovely. Great job!
    sigpic
    Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
    Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
    WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
      Well ninja I know you have a crush on the guy. But, to fair when I think of my displeasure with the writing/writers I don't think of Alan McCullogh. I think of others...I don't think I need to name them.

And I agree with Csom about your Doris Day's sig. I love it as well. I am such a fan of hers! Did she passed?
      Me, got a crush on Alan "my writing god" McCullough? Why, where would you get an idea like that *innocent smile* *cough*

I love Doris And no, fortunatelyl she's still with us She lives somewhere in Carmel these days.
      sigpic

Comment

Just stopping by to say the Women of the Gate 2010 Ficathon/Art Challenge is now open for sign-ups! We have some great Teyla prompts.

Rules and timelines can be found here

Prompts and sign-up here
        sigpic
        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

*sneaks in*
          Haven't done any Rachel art in ages..... thought I'd share.

*sneaks out*

Comment

Sci.......Oh no you don't *runs and tackle hugs* Oh and almost forgot to say, I love the artwork
            sigpic

Comment

Sci.......Oh no you don't *runs and tackle hugs* Oh and almost forgot to say, I love the artwork
              Hee hee. Thanks Linda.
              Awesome icons Csom.

Comment

You were not the only one. I found out on LJ and I am happy I did. I get most of my updates on LJ too. I'm not on GW all that much to begin with and even less these days. I agree with everything you said especially the sections I highlighted. And yes I would much prefer for these novelists to write the movie script than the series writers. I think they each have their favorite characters as well, but their focus don't seem to be focus on that character(s) to the exclusion of the other characters - which is refreshing to hear. And it does reaffirm my opinions of the show writers...as long as the show writers have anything to do with the movie script, I would have major reservations about that script. Even though at this point the movie looks in doubt.
                Yes, it is refreshing to hear that these SGA novels will be written by writers who won't allow their love of their favorite characters to override telling a good SGA story overall - unlike what we often saw from the series writers.

With the possibility of the SGA movie getting more and more remote, my lack of faith in the SGA series writers has turned out to be an unexpected blessing because with Mallozzi writing the script, I know there's little chance that I would have enjoyed the movie anyway, especially since he wrote it so soon after the disappointing and disjointed Season 5. I still find it hard to believe that he actually believed that EatG was a good way to end Season 5. Even if EatG had been a two-parter, that wouldn't have been enough because Mallozzi and Co. wasted so much of Season 5 on disjointed nonsense when they should have been setting up EatG throughout the season.

Here is a little first story for Teyla posted by Jo...

I am springborn, so I was already weaned my second summer when my mother walked through the Ring of the Ancestors and never came back. My mother was Tegan of the Gate Field, of Emege That Was, and she was beautiful and wild both. My father loved her, and how not, when she was like the storm on the mountains or the wild birds in flight? Four years they lived together, four years they dreamed, and my second summer she walked through the gate and never returned, a smile on her lips and her pack on her back. She was Tegan, and nothing could hold her. She was meant for walking away.
                Now, that's what I'm talking about! This is the kind of detail the I wanted to see on screen. I love how Jo is taking Mallozzi and Co.'s on screen screw-up (forgetting Teyla's father's name) and trying to make sense of it. I can't wait to read this book!

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing, csom221.

I would very much accept Alan McCullough writing the script. He was one that didn't let his favouritism get in the way of his writing
                I agree. I would love it if Alan McCullough wrote the script and had the final say with the movie script.

Same here. When I criticize SGA's lame, favoritism ladened writing, I'm not talking about Alan McCullough's writing because I think he's the only regular SGA writer who consistently tried to include all the characters. From what I saw, he may have had favorite characters, but he didn't let that color his writing.

Thankfully, the beautiful and talented Doris Day is still with us.

[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz89/Rachel500_photos/TeylaBanner.jpg

Just stopping by to say the Women of the Gate 2010 Ficathon/Art Challenge is now open for sign-ups! We have some great Teyla prompts.

Prompts and sign-up here
                Thanks for the reminder, Rachel500. It's always good to see our ladies get some love and attention.

Gorgeous set of Rachel art, scifan.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana

Comment

Calendar and No calendar walls:

sig:

Icons:

Banner:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                    I agree. I would love it if Alan McCullough wrote the script and had the final say with the movie script.
                    I would very much love my writing god....Um *cough* I mean Alan McCullough writing the script He's one of the very few who in the end still actually tried to use Teyla for something other than babysitting or holding up walls

Same here. When I criticize SGA's lame, favoritism ladened writing, I'm not talking about Alan McCullough's writing because I think he's the only regular SGA writer who consistently tried to include all the characters. From what I saw, he may have had favorite characters, but he didn't let that color his writing.
                    Now don't quote me on this but I think I read somewhere that he said his fave character was Rodney. But if it was he sure didn't let it show *cough* Unlike certain others *cough*

Thankfully, the beautiful and talented Doris Day is still with us.
                    Yes she is She has loads of animals

Camy: The artwork is as beautiful as always
                    sigpic

Comment

Me, got a crush on Alan "my writing god" McCullough? Why, where would you get an idea like that *innocent smile* *cough*

I love Doris And no, fortunatelyl she's still with us She lives somewhere in Carmel these days.
                      I don't know. Where in deed... Do you need a help with that cough?

I thought she was still with us too. It was when you said she "was" that threw me off. And I totally agree with your and Maxbo's comments. She will always be one of favs.

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post

Prompts and sign-up here
                      Thanks for posting this.

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                      *sneaks in*
                      Haven't done any Rachel art in ages..... thought I'd share.

*sneaks out*
                      Sci, these are gorgeous.

Now, that's what I'm talking about! This is the kind of detail the I wanted to see on screen. I love how Jo is taking Mallozzi and Co.'s on screen screw-up (forgetting Teyla's father's name) and trying to make sense of it. I can't wait to read this book!
                      I love it too. She did post a second back story for Teyla along with other back stories for the other characters.

With the possibility of the SGA movie getting more and more remote, my lack of faith in the SGA series writers has turned out to be an unexpected blessing because with Mallozzi writing the script, I know there's little chance that I would have enjoyed the movie anyway, especially since he wrote it so soon after the disappointing and disjointed Season 5. I still find it hard to believe that he actually believed that EatG was a good way to end Season 5. Even if EatG had been a two-parter, that wouldn't have been enough because Mallozzi and Co. wasted so much of Season 5 on disjointed nonsense when they should have been setting up EatG throughout the season.
                      You are not the only one who finds it hard to to believe. I was looking at Season 5 DVDs last night out of necessity since the cable was out in my area when I got home. And there were quite a few episodes of season 5 I didn't care to watch because of the lack of Teyla, lack of Ronon, lack of team, lack of team moments, too much focus of McKeller, etc. I look at the list of the second half episodes and it was sad, such wasted potential. Like you said they should have been building up to EATG. How long did these guys knew that this would be the last season?

And at this point, it seem the only way the SGA movie will get made if it is taken over by another studio or some other investor or investors.

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                      Calendar and No calendar walls:

Jeyla, these are beautiful!
                      sigpic
                      Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme

WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

This was posted by Jo last week, from the Department of Backstory in Death Game, the beginning of Teyla's second story... Teyla tells John the story of the ruined city across the water that he saw on Athos.

Once and away there was a city called Emege. Once, when the Ancestors ruled, it was a city like any other. People lived in it and worked and raised families and grew old, all under the protection of the Ancestors. And the Ancestors gave to the people of Emege great treasures, and for a while some dwelled there, shedding their grace on their children.

But shadows come, as shadows always do, and the Dark Bird stirred. One by one the Ancestors went from Emege, drawn by troubles far away. "It will not affect you," they promised. "It is only that we have a war to fight, one you cannot understand."

You are thinking now, John, that this story is true. I did not know whether it was or not, until I came to Atlantis, but now I think it is. I think it has a seed of truth, the kernel of that long ago war between the Ancients and the Wraith, as the Ancients were pushed back and back, until all they held was Atlantis.
                        sigpic

WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

I would very much love my writing god....Um *cough* I mean Alan McCullough writing the script He's one of the very few who in the end still actually tried to use Teyla for something other than babysitting or holding up walls

Now don't quote me on this but I think I read somewhere that he said his fave character was Rodney. But if it was he sure didn't let it show *cough* Unlike certain others *cough*
                          If it's true that his favorite was Rodney then I have even more respect for your writing god because he didn't let that love for Rodney overtake his storytelling - unlike his co-workers.

I love it too. She did post a second back story for Teyla along with other back stories for the other characters.
                          The more I read about Jo Graham's work ethic, the more she impresses me. I saw one her her January LJ entries where she discusses the importance of worldbuilding by creating detailed backstories for characters she writes - even if much of those backstories are not likely to be included in her final product. I'm going to find that entry and post a link to it later because it just got me even more excited about the upcoming novels.

You are not the only one who finds it hard to to believe. I was looking at Season 5 DVDs last night out of necessity since the cable was out in my area when I got home. And there were quite a few episodes of season 5 I didn't care to watch because of the lack of Teyla, lack of Ronon, lack of team, lack of team moments, too much focus of McKeller, etc. I look at the list of the second half episodes and it was sad, such wasted potential. Like you said they should have been building up to EATG. How long did these guys knew that this would be the last season?

And at this point, it seem the only way the SGA movie will get made if it is taken over by another studio or some other investor or investors.
                          Yes, Season 5 was just full of wasted potential because it contained so many episodes that added nothing of value to SGA. Because of this, I still haven't been able to watch Season 5 in full. If I did, then I would probably have the same reaction you did because there was so little of what I loved about SGA included in Season 5. Like you mentioned, there was very little Teyla, Ronon and Team moments and too much McKeller.

As for when they knew Season 5 would be the last, I think JM didn't get confirmation until just before they were shooting Gero's masterpiece, Brainstorm. However, he confirmed in his blog that he suspected that Season 5 would be the last long before it was actually confirmed, so there's no excuse for how Season 5 turned out. IMO, even if SGA had been confirmed for several more seasons, there wouldn't have been any excuse for how Season 5 turned out because it was just a badly written, poorly executed season.

In fact, I think that his believing that Season 5 could be the last was why that season was filled with what I consider the writers' special projects in prep for their next gigs. For instance, I know that JM was working on a non-SGA horror project, so I'm not surprised that we got Whispers - a horror episode. BW seemed to want to practice for SGU by writing The Shrine - his version of character-heavy drama. RC used Vegas to play with non-SG type storytelling and camera angles. I'm not sure what was going on with Carl Binder, but it wasn't good for SGA. And, of course Gero was allowed to indulge his geek gets the girl of his dreams fantasies. In short, Season 5 was great for the writers, but bad for fans like me who wanted see a well-thought out season that flowed well and did the SGA characters justice.

This was posted by Jo last week, from the Department of Backstory in Death Game, the beginning of Teyla's second story... Teyla tells John the story of the ruined city across the water that he saw on Athos.

Once and away there was a city called Emege. Once, when the Ancestors ruled, it was a city like any other. People lived in it and worked and raised families and grew old, all under the protection of the Ancestors. And the Ancestors gave to the people of Emege great treasures, and for a while some dwelled there, shedding their grace on their children.

But shadows come, as shadows always do, and the Dark Bird stirred. One by one the Ancestors went from Emege, drawn by troubles far away. "It will not affect you," they promised. "It is only that we have a war to fight, one you cannot understand."

You are thinking now, John, that this story is true. I did not know whether it was or not, until I came to Atlantis, but now I think it is. I think it has a seed of truth, the kernel of that long ago war between the Ancients and the Wraith, as the Ancients were pushed back and back, until all they held was Atlantis.
                          I think I love this woman. Her grasp of the importance of world-building is what I wish the SGA writers had because then, perhaps, they wouldn't have found Teyla, a woman from a world they had to create, so hard to write for.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana

Comment

I don't know. Where in deed... Do you need a help with that cough?
                            Yes a cough sweety would be nice
                            I thought she was still with us too. It was when you said she "was" that threw me off. And I totally agree with your and Maxbo's comments. She will always be one of favs.
                            well she's been out of the limelight for years which is why I said was, if I remember correctly she hasn't really done anything in showbiz since the 80's

If it's true that his favorite was Rodney then I have even more respect for your writing god because he didn't let that love for Rodney overtake his storytelling - unlike his co-workers.
                            I loves me writing god *cough* hehe, um did I say that out loud I'm sure I either read or heard that somewhere, I have a whole new respect for him if it's true
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys. I need to do more of her stuff. She's just perfection.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                                Thanks guys. I need to do more of her stuff. She's just perfection.
                                Can't argue with that
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X