Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
    once again, shall I go and make an Anti-Teyla thread????????
    Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

Oh no..Please don't,you know wjhat'll happen.....All the real anti's will take over
    I agree.
    sigpic
    Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
    Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
    WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Dang it, it seems the internet swallowed half of my edited reply:

I posted and then edited so it actually read like this:

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
      My question is then why not explore JT? Honestly, I don’t know what in their minds. Maybe, it is fear. They don't want to get the audience who ship these characters with other character upset. So they give us tiny crumpets (not bread) every now and again.
      Why not explore John/Elizabeth? John/Kate? Teyla/Kate? John/Rodney? Rodney/Katie? Carson/Laura? Ronon/Teyla? *insert more ship & slash couples*

Personally I prefer no shipping whatsoever. I, personally, don't see John/Teyla at all. There was a moment in The Rising, in that cave, but that's it. They ruined that moment fair and square.
      The way John and Teyla act towards each other these days, I wouldn't exactly call that friendly dealings. He always acts angry around her. Maybe he's jealous, but dude... let it go in that case. She found her man.
      But well the middle part got eaten...

Well that's where our opinion differs....We do all see things differently...To me there was awsome chemistry between Shep/Teyla for the first three seasons.....Then the debacle of Season four happened
      Well, dang it, I hope our opinions differ... ...how dull would this place be if we all thought the same. It would be peaceful though.

Personally i never seen out an out Shep/Weir,i did see little smidgins here and there occasionally but i respect that others saw something here...I saw more of a motherly relationship from Weir
      Nor did I but I can see them as a couple more easily. I like to pair John with Kate, and they hardly ever had a scene together, 2 or 3 briefing room scenes + Doppelganger.

What i'm getting at is instead of giving us JT moments and maybe some JW moments but not enough to try keep the non shippers happy.....Why didn't they just go with JT if that's what they intended or if not go with JW if they wanted that or just don't go with any.........What they can't have is all three at the same tiem....Instead of making everyone happy this way they just make everyone so pissed....They are never gonna be able to please every part of the fandom....
      If they had started shipping anyone, be that J/T - J/E - or any other het-pairing front and center (cause they won't do gay ever), I probably would have stopped watching a long time ago. Especially with the way they handled all that UST in SG1.

It's better to go with hints and little winks than all out ship... that way you leave it up to the viewer to see what they want to see, and let them play with their favorite pairing to their heart's content.

And thus you see John and Teyla, I see Kate and Teyla. Someone else sees John and Elizabeth, another one will see Rodney and John ... and so on and so on.

Instead they just string us all along and we end up all fighting amongst ourselves
      And that would be no different than when one pairing is canon, and the other is not. There would still be fighting cause people would then say that they don't belong together, and that both or one of them has more chemistry with someone else.

Something like that always leads to fights among the fandom people. There never is a right way to do that sort of thing.

Do you understand what i'm trying to say
      I do.

Why do I get this inckling feeling that JM's plan is going to backfire?
      It'll be a massacre.

I think we just might have to resort to reverse phsychology in order do get Guinevere in the back ground. Instead of hating her, we should PRETEND to love her, and instead of loving Teyla, we should PRETEND to hate her. It's a longshot, but if we do this right, it might just work........
      *snort* The damage is already done, I don't think we can change much now.

now shall I go make an anti-teyla thread to allow the insults to fly?
      Isn't there already one? Must do a search... hold on!

Nope, no Anti-Teyla thread... only an anti Teyla/Ronon thread.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh no..Please don't,you know wjhat'll happen.....All the real anti's will take over
        Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
        I agree.
        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Dang it, it seems the internet swallowed half of my edited reply:

I posted and then edited so it actually read like this:

But well the middle part got eaten...

Well, dang it, I hope our opinions differ... ...how dull would this place be if we all thought the same. It would be peaceful though.

Nor did I but I can see them as a couple more easily. I like to pair John with Kate, and they hardly ever had a scene together, 2 or 3 briefing room scenes + Doppelganger.

If they had started shipping anyone, be that J/T - J/E - or any other het-pairing front and center (cause they won't do gay ever), I probably would have stopped watching a long time ago. Especially with the way they handled all that UST in SG1.

It's better to go with hints and little winks than all out ship... that way you leave it up to the viewer to see what they want to see, and let them play with their favorite pairing to their heart's content.

And thus you see John and Teyla, I see Kate and Teyla. Someone else sees John and Elizabeth, another one will see Rodney and John ... and so on and so on.

And that would be no different than when one pairing is canon, and the other is not. There would still be fighting cause people would then say that they don't belong together, and that both or one of them has more chemistry with someone else.

Something like that always leads to fights among the fandom people. There never is a right way to do that sort of thing.

I do.

It'll be a massacre.

*snort* The damage is already done, I don't think we can change much now.

Isn't there already one? Must do a search... hold on!

Nope, no Anti-Teyla thread... only an anti Teyla/Ronon thread.
        ok, I won't go make an Anti-Teyla thread. Linda , Hope, Falcon, you're right, the plan will only backfire on me when the REAL Anti-Teyla ppls start posting, not just us **shutters**
        Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
        Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

ok, I won't go make an Anti-Teyla thread. Linda , Hope, Falcon, you're right, the plan will only backfire on me when the REAL Anti-Teyla ppls start posting, not just us **shutters**
          You might have given them ideas, in which case it could be good.

Comment

Yes it would be very dull

I didn't really see that....It's like mother/son....Well you know

Yeah i've been through this on numerous occasions with other shows.....I'm a little sick of it tbh.....I just wish they would just decide to go one way and stick to it.......If they never intended to give us any of these ships then they should have left well enough alone and just given us team moments.....All they do is give some of us hope then they fling us to the floor and rip our hearts outta our chests and stomp all over it

My point is though,they will never be able to make every part of fandom happy but the way their doing things they make everyone unhappy....I'd love there to be JT romance obviously But if they did decided to go the John/Liz way then sure i would be disappointed but i would simply move on and just enjoy Atlantis as a whole and enjoy Teyla....But they keep this alive and keep giving us hope only to rip it away from us everytime!
            sigpic

Comment

You might have given them ideas, in which case it could be good.
              how???

Comment

how???
                Well, you know... The more anti feelings for Teyla, the more the writers will want to write for her so as to redeem her in the antis eyes.

No?

Comment

Well, you know... The more anti feelings for Teyla, the more the writers will want to write for her so as to redeem her in the antis eyes.

No?
                  o0o0o0o
                  now I get 'cha
                  it'be a brillant plan if only we could make it work in our direction..........

I remember some comment made by JM that Teyla wouldn't be seen much in the first half of the season....something about giving either Rachael or Teyla some time w/ the kiddy.......

Comment

I remember some comment made by JM that Teyla wouldn't be seen much in the first half of the season....something about giving either Rachael or Teyla some time w/ the kiddy.......
                    Makes it easier on them, doesn't it?

Comment

Makes it easier on them, doesn't it?
                      yes it does
                      and they're calling MG and JM brillant genisus.............

Comment

I um made a siggie but i don't know what text to put on it

sigpic

Comment

I um made a siggie but i don't know what text to put on it

leave it blank, writing will ruin it

Comment

leave it blank, writing will ruin it
                            Okey dokey
                            sigpic

Comment

Okey dokey
                              glad I could help

Comment

Just squeezed out a few Teyla icons, but you'll have to wait for the results cause they're for an icontest on LJ.

Comment

Working...
                                X