No announcement yet.

Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like The Prodigal will be the last chance to get anything even remotely interesting for Teyla so I hope this writing crew surprises me and don't write her as the damsel in distress.

However, if she is, then I may make my first post in the blog of doom because JM said that it wouldn't make sense to write Teyla as the damsel in distress. Of couse he said this while trying to deflect attention away from the fact that they've written too much for Keller this season and not enough for Teyla.

I never thought I would say this, but much of season, especially the 2nd half, is blowing chunks. It's becoming harder and harder to maintain enough interest to make it to the last episode. Although there are still a few moments I enjoy - they are too few and far between to hold my interest.
    Last edited by maxbo; 03 November 2008, 10:15 AM.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana

Comment

I tried a sig for Rising

sigpic
      Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
        It looks like The Prodigal will be the last chance to get anything even remotely interesting for Teyla so I hope this writing crew surprises me and don't write her as the damsel in distress.

However, if she is, then I may make my first post in the blog of doom because JM said that it wouldn't make sense to write Teyla as the damsel in distress. Of couse he said this while trying to deflect attention away from the fact that they've written too much for Keller this season and not enough for Teyla.

I never thought I would say this, but this much of season, especially the 2nd half, is blowing chunks. It's becoming harder and harder to maintain enough interest to make it to the last episode. Although there are still a few moments I enjoy - they are too few and far between to hold my interest.

Oh believe me I understand how yoiu feel you resume well my feelings. It never happened to me before but a lot of things occured and i haven't watched Inquisition yet. Even if I had to fight a storm I always found time lol. I enjoy often the ep it keeps the feeling of Stargate but sometimes I askd myself what they did of Stargate. Stargate was a team feeling, an action serie and heroic, friendly and all that magic of scifi while you believed it. It was my case with the loss of the team I lost a lot particularly when we see so few Teyla and so much people that I don't care because IMO they aren't Stargate like Keller. They didn't stop SG1 and focused only on Vala and Cameron (even if it was a little the case for Vala at first) but with time they made again the team feeling and the action and all. It's true that I have one fav character but I like the 3 others I know I'm reductor but it's how I feel Staragte and see another eps with only one or 2 of the the 4 is difficult
        sigpic
        Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
          WHAT THE HELL?!?

That doesn't cheer me up for some bizarre reason.

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
          Linda:
          Spoiler:
          Hey, im sorry i couldnt respond the other day to the post but mother came in and made me go elevate leg. So what do yall need me for? What ep are we doing? Let me know
          The Rising

Post your favorite scene and tell us why. Or post screencaps of Teyla. Or write a ficlet. Or do artwork. Or answer the question of how Teyla captured your attention first time you saw her.

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
          I tried a sig for Rising
          I would appreciate it very much if you kept on trying signatures for the rest of the season.

I have come to understand that my definition of damsel in distress differs greatly from his. I fear the worst.

As Gater101 mentioned - SG Rare Pairings has opened its floodgates and has released all 60 something fics. There are several Teyla-pairings but keep in mind all are rare pairings -> Hereby the masterlist!

I myself wrote Signs (Kate/Teyla, PG13) & Loves Long Journey (Carson/Teyla, PG13)

Signs, PG-13
          Pairing: Teyla Emmagan/Kate Heightmeyer
          Summary: Of misunderstandings, a lunchdate and kissing.

Loves Long Journey, PG13
          Warnings/Spoilers: Critical Mass, Lifeline, Doppelganger, The Kindred I & II, Search & Rescue and it all goes AU from there since I killed Kanaan.
          Pairing: Carson/Teyla
          Prompt:A trip to the mainland, post-tumor bomb so Carson's dead but now there's CLONE!Carson, Teyla's 'great sadness' and Carson's way of alleviating it.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            WHAT THE HELL?!?

That doesn't cheer me up for some bizarre reason.
            That shirt is pretty hideous.

But I know what you mean.
            sigpic

Comment

That shirt is pretty hideous.

But I know what you mean.
              Well, could be the new thing in Athosian fashion...

Comment

Well, could be the new thing in Athosian fashion...
                Shirts that reach up and strangle you?

Or an insight into TPTB's evil minds perhaps?

I kid....sort of.
                sigpic

Comment

Shirts that reach up and strangle you?
                  It could be a designer-thing.

Strangly designed by [insert random Athosian Fashion person].

It must have cost a fortune - What do they use for trade? *blink* Do they use currency?

Or an insight into TPTB's evil minds perhaps?
                  That's more likely.

I kid....sort of.
                  Sort of indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
                    Linda:
                    Spoiler:
                    Hey, im sorry i couldnt respond the other day to the post but mother came in and made me go elevate leg. So what do yall need me for? What ep are we doing? Let me know
                    Rising....Um what FH said

Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
                    Hi all just stopping by quickly to post a little pic-spam of our goddess
                    YAY...I miss your piccie sapm

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                    Rare pairing stories are up!

Here's my two efforts.

Title: Of Three
                    Author: azure_horizon / gater101
                    Rating: K+ - T (PG-PG-13)
                    Warnings/Spoilers: None at all.
                    Written For: Tielan
                    Prompt: Teyla/Lorne “an offhand comment taken seriously by the others, action/drama, season four or later.”

--

Title: The Unerring Complexities of the Human Psyche: Survival
                    Written For: Tielan
                    Author: azure_horizon / gater101
                    Rating: PG-13
                    Warnings/Spoilers: The occasional swear word.
                    Season: Three
                    Prompt: Teyla/Lorne “an offhand comment taken seriously by the others, action/drama, season four or later.”
                    Word Count: ~12,150

Part 1a, Part 1b + Interludes, Part 2.
                    WOOHOO...Like I said i'll read after I catch up!

Cheer up, folks!

Spoilers for Prodigal:

Cheer up!
                    Ooh
                    Spoiler:
                    she looks all mean standing there!

Hi everybody

Thank you so much and you're right we need to stick together and find something really strong *start to think*
                    Um....Well.....

Not as good ? Different yes but it's really beautiful I love it
                    Thanks asgard!

I never thought I would say this, but this much of season, especially the 2nd half, is blowing chunks. It's becoming harder and harder to maintain enough interest to make it to the last episode. Although there are still a few moments I enjoy - they are too few and far between to hold my interest.
                    Yep I know how you feel..After Prodigal I'm not geting in the least bit excited about any other eps....TBH I'm really struggling to get excited about Prodigal because I have this bad feeling that most of the time she'll be
                    Spoiler:
                    holding bambino and she won't get to fight so in essence the boys will rescue her And I really hope I'm wrong, I really do but I've been disappointed so much in the past that my pessimism has gone into overdrive

Beautiful!

I have come to understand that my definition of damsel in distress differs greatly from his. I fear the worst.
                    My definition of damsel in distress is always having to rely on the guys for rescue or always being rescued by the guys...What, Isn't she capable of rescuing herself

As Gater101 mentioned - SG Rare Pairings has opened its floodgates and has released all 60 something fics. There are several Teyla-pairings but keep in mind all are rare pairings -> Hereby the masterlist!

I myself wrote Signs (Kate/Teyla, PG13) & Loves Long Journey (Carson/Teyla, PG13)

Signs, PG-13
                    Pairing: Teyla Emmagan/Kate Heightmeyer
                    Summary: Of misunderstandings, a lunchdate and kissing.

Loves Long Journey, PG13
                    Warnings/Spoilers: Critical Mass, Lifeline, Doppelganger, The Kindred I & II, Search & Rescue and it all goes AU from there since I killed Kanaan.
                    Pairing: Carson/Teyla
                    Prompt:A trip to the mainland, post-tumor bomb so Carson's dead but now there's CLONE!Carson, Teyla's 'great sadness' and Carson's way of alleviating it.
                    Saving the links so I can go read through them at my leisure
                    sigpic

Comment

wraithlord, Pandora's_Box, asgard30 and anyone else I missed - thanks for keeping the thread so pretty with Rachel/Teyla goodies.

gater101, thanks for posting the links to the Teyla/Lorne fics. I really enjoy this pairing, but it is indeed a rare pairing because it's very, very hard to find any fic featuring them.

FH and Linda, yep, I have no doubt that our definition of damsel in distress differs from Mr. Mallozzi so I too am bracing myself for the worse. In fact, I've been expecting the worse ever since I saw that promo photo of Teyla holding the baby. My feeling of dread intensified when I saw the clip for this episode where someone was yelling for her to run while - yep, she was holding the baby.

So far, the only clips I've seen of Teyla for this episode has her holding the baby.

What I wouldn't give to have her either hand off junior to his father for safe keeping or strap him to her back in one of those baby carrying contraptions and then get down to the business of kicking butt and saving the day.

Unfortunately, fat chance of that happening with this group of writers.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana

Comment

So far, the only clips I've seen of Teyla for this episode has her holding the baby.

What I wouldn't give to have her either hand off junior to his father for safe keeping or strap him to her back in one of those baby carrying contraptions and then get down to the business of kicking butt and saving the day.

Teyla? Kicking butt and taking names?

But isn't that what we have Ronon for?
                        sigpic

Comment

wraithlord, Pandora's_Box, asgard30 and anyone else I missed - thanks for keeping the thread so pretty with Rachel/Teyla goodies.

gater101, thanks for posting the links to the Teyla/Lorne fics. I really enjoy this pairing, but it is indeed a rare pairing because it's very, very hard to find any fic featuring them.

FH and Linda, yep, I have no doubt that our definition of damsel in distress differs from Mr. Mallozzi so I too am bracing myself for the worse. In fact, I've been expecting the worse ever since I saw that promo photo of Teyla holding the baby. My feeling of dread intensified when I saw the clip for this episode where someone was yelling for her to run while - yep, she was holding the baby.

Thanks We gotta keep alive the thread of our Athosian goddess!

Yep that's pretty much my fear too...I really hope we're wrong but past experience tells us otherwise
                          sigpic

Comment

If Xena can do it, so can Teyla - and better.

Comment

If Xena can do it, so can Teyla - and better.
                              100x better
                              sigpic

Comment

Cheer up, folks!

Spoilers for Prodigal:
                                Spoiler:

Cheer up!
                                Spoiler:
                                Is it me? She looks a little too thin here. She still has the defined arms, but you can see her ribs in her chest.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X