No announcement yet.

Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that RL does a great job of expressing herself non-verbally. In addition, the fighting scenes are also impressive. I love that RL is so into making sure that they are as good as possible.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana

Comment

she really works hard and i got to say i admire that about her, shows her committment to her art...

R.I.P Wraithlord
      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
        she really works hard and i got to say i admire that about her, shows her committment to her art...
        I love how excited she was about working with Ray Park (actor and martial artist) to perfect her use of those sticks. I hope she gets her wish about having future scenes that show not only her fighting skills, but also her vulnerability. As I said in another thread, we can only speculate how Teyla would react in lighthearted situations because we so rarely see her in those types of scenes.

I saw "The Brotherhood" recently and it was strange to hear her laughing out loud in the scene where she, John and Aiden were sitting at the table in the monastery at the beginning of the episode because she's usually so tightly contained.
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana

Comment

Okay I am too busy to post my own pictures right now...but I'll catch up...

majortrip...you are too awesome keeping this thread going...Love the ones with Teyla and her trusty knife!

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
            I love how excited she was about working with Ray Park (actor and martial artist) to perfect her use of those sticks. I hope she gets her wish about having future scenes that show not only her fighting skills, but also her vulnerability. As I said in another thread, we can only speculate how Teyla would react in lighthearted situations because we so rarely see her in those types of scenes.

I saw "The Brotherhood" recently and it was strange to hear her laughing out loud in the scene where she, John and Aiden were sitting at the table in the monastery at the beginning of the episode because she's usually so tightly contained.

I loved the scene your talking about...it showed the many sides that comprise the character of Teyla.

I think it is sooo neat that she got to work with Ray Parks (yea, he won me over in Star Wars even though he was the bad guy.) But I always thought she trained with BamBam...how did she get to work with Ray Park?

Comment

Guys...I've posted lots of info so far in the Teyla Thread and in the Sheppard/Teyla thread...about my con experience....
              Pics I will definetly post here..but I want you guys to continue posting the episode pics...so, if you haven't done so, go on to one or the other threads...the rest of my info I will post in the Teyla thread..although I am thinking of opening my own thread...just for the Con stuff..but the pics will be here....

what do you guys think?

Be patient...I promise you it's worth the wait!

Also, majortrip...Rachel stated that her favorite episode for this season is Michael...so expect lots of Teyla there..although she didn't say it that way...

She loved Trinity..and Condemned....as well....go read my report....she LOVED the Scrapbook..see I am repeating myself..I'm out of here!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
                I loved the scene your talking about...it showed the many sides that comprise the character of Teyla.

I think it is sooo neat that she got to work with Ray Parks (yea, he won me over in Star Wars even though he was the bad guy.) But I always thought she trained with BamBam...how did she get to work with Ray Park?
                She mentioned meeting him in London and how he offered to help her when he came to LA. It's in the May 2005 interview on the main page.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                  Guys...I've posted lots of info so far in the Teyla Thread and in the Sheppard/Teyla thread...about my con experience....
                  Pics I will definetly post here..but I want you guys to continue posting the episode pics...so, if you haven't done so, go on to one or the other threads...the rest of my info I will post in the Teyla thread..although I am thinking of opening my own thread...just for the Con stuff..but the pics will be here....

what do you guys think?

Be patient...I promise you it's worth the wait!

Also, majortrip...Rachel stated that her favorite episode for this season is Michael...so expect lots of Teyla there..although she didn't say it that way...

She loved Trinity..and Condemned....as well....go read my report....she LOVED the Scrapbook..see I am repeating myself..I'm out of here!
                  *jumps in*

WOO!! So glad the scrapbook was a hit. Well done CAMY!!

*toodles off to read the reports...*

Lovebar made by natz099
                  My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

MAJORITY OF THE QUOTES TAKING FROM MAJORTRIP! Dedicated to her, 'cause she posts such fab photos!

Teyla: So, you wanted to know my opinion on my team members?

Teyla: Well, that's a loaded question. I'm not sure where to begin.

Teyla: Sometimes, these guys can be infuriating, you know.

Teyla: Sometimes, they are just such "guys." You feel like smacking them upside the head 'cause they got too much testosterone in them for any good.

Teyla: But then again, there's something admirable about all of them.

Teyla: You've got Ronon, who can be a good guy to spend time with . . .

Teyla: If he doesn't piss me off.

Teyla: But I suppose I should be understanding. He did spend seven years running from the Wraith. He and I have a lot in common, that way. We've both seen so much destroyed by them.

Teyla: But anyway . . .

Teyla: Then you've got Sheppard.

Teyla: Who sometimes gets me into trouble . . .

Teyla: And I wind up having to save our ass.

Teyla: He can be a little impetuous at times. I'm sure you've noticed . . .

Teyla: But we've been through a lot together . . . So, I put up with it.

Teyla: And, of course, you've got good ol' Rodney.

Teyla: Who sometimes gets us into even worse situations . . .

Teyla: He just starts talking, and my eyes glaze over . . .

Teyla: But still he's a good guy. He's got a hidden strength in him. I've seen it, if only on rare occasions.

They've all got such strength. How's a girl not to like them? They're my boys. And I'm their girl. It just makes sense, you know?

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                    I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                    Spoiler:
                    Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

LOL...Whistler...nice pics and quotes..lovin' it............

R.I.P Wraithlord
                      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

That. Was. Awesome.

*speechless*

I like the whole "Theyre my guys. And I am their girl." bit. Great.

Lovebar made by natz099
                        My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

I was already looking forward to seeing "Michael", now, after hearing that it's Rachel's favorite, I really can't wait. Because of the subject, Teyla should be heavily featured.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana

Comment

Whistler, you are awesome! Love the last bit especially -- she's their girl, no doubt about it. For some reason the whole three guys, one girl team dynamic works really well on Stargate -- must be magic!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

I was so busy drooling over those photos that I didn't notice the hilarious and touching text that accompanied them. Great job!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana

Comment

Hey guys -- I think I'm going to go DVD happy tonight, but I wanted to let you know that the commentary on the episode "The Gift" is just hilarious. Gary Jones from Sg-1 and the director talk about Rachel non-stop for 44 minutes. It's pretty much two guys going on about how hot a girl who can kick your butt is, and I cracked up so much. It's definitely one of the funniest things I've ever seen! Check it out!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Working...
                                X