Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by melfan View Post
    Sorry SciFi, this gutter here is very special, no gutter grates We are way at the bottom of the gutter
    Ya, but my gutter isnt that deep -- only ankle deep - maybe mid calf on the high side!!!

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
    Plus, don't you girls turn into some form of goo anyway? I doubt the grates would stop you!
    *shhhh* you wernt supposed to remind us of that!!!!
    sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Plus, don't you girls turn into some form of goo anyway? I doubt the grates would stop you!
      Yeeees, and thus making the grates not useful

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
      Ya, but my gutter isnt that deep -- only ankle deep - maybe mid calf on the high side!!!
      What sort of gutter do you have? Mine is several meter deep!
      I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Yeeees, and thus making the grates not useful

What sort of gutter do you have? Mine is several meter deep!
        Just your typical dairybarn standard gutter, currently full of bird 'stuff' !!! You must be thinking of the manure pit-- sorry havent gotten any pics of that - will have to wait till spring cause it's up at the other farm!

Spoiler:
        sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

I know, but I have to find time to sit and watch them. I get an ep in at nite sometimes when I go to bed. (helps with the dream process!)
          That quite often what I do!

Of course NOT... I put the gutter grates down!
          Oh dear....um...guys... did I give SciFi the impression I could stay out of the gutter???

Hmmmmm, I think I might have to find that one... Cant wait till season 5 comes out!!!
          I think most people are doing a re-watch while they wait for S5... from a thunking PoV, Atlantis only got really good with Runner - double whammy of Ronon & Lorne = one happy me!!

I did mine last week --- didnt help tho! Was thinking this morning, tho - I might have to rethink my blonde highlights this summer. Not after the blonde-Kavan pics.
          LOL, blonde is one of the few colours I've not had - I'm just topping my purple up atm

True, looks like there might of been a mix up in wardrobe and he got the wrong ones...
          So who were they meant for?? Shep maybe?

Sorry SciFi, this gutter here is very special, no gutter grates We are way at the bottom of the gutter
          ^^ What mel said!

^^ That my dear, is an excellent point!! And it's not just the girls either!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
            ^^ That my dear, is an excellent point!! And it's not just the girls either!!

Should I be worried with what you are implying?

Comment

Should I be worried with what you are implying?
              I dunno, see what Rodney and Shep think...

Rodney: Oooo purdy!!
              Lorne: He's not wrong!

Sheppard: *thinking* Oh Gawd, I gotta get outta here before I turn into a puddle of goo
              Lorne: He's not wrong!!

sigpic

Comment

I dunno, see what Rodney and Shep think...

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/c...terview_03.jpg

Rodney: Oooo purdy!!
                Lorne: He's not wrong!

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/c...dney-00188.jpg

Sheppard: *thinking* Oh Gawd, I gotta get outta here before I turn into a puddle of goo
                Lorne: He's not wrong!!

I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Seriously though, thunking aside... they don't look at all comfortable!
                  Actually, they're not too bad. It depends on how tight you have them and how heavy the sidearm you're carrying is. I tend to like to have my holster looser so that it doesn't cut off the circulation to my leg if I have it on for too long, but it can slip around a lot.

Also, the Beretta, which the USAF uses in the show, isn't a very heavy gun so it's okay to carry around for long periods of time. I would imagine that the ones they use on the show aren't even loaded with any kind of blank round (unless required for a scene) to make them even lighter to carry. When I have a gun in the holster, I usually have something heavier like a HiCapa which can drag a bit, but since I'm not allowed to carry a loaded weapon anywhere except enclosed areas for conventions (though when I say 'loaded' I mean with plastic pellets or gas - not bullets!) then it's not as bad as if it was loaded completely.

The holsters on the show will most likely be fitted especially for the actor before filming to make them most comfortable. The holster I use at cons isn't actually mine, it belongs to a male friend of mine (who is a bit larger than me!) so I have to adjust it at points throughout the day until I find the best position for it.

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Actually, they're not too bad. It depends on how tight you have them and how heavy the sidearm you're carrying is. I tend to like to have my holster looser so that it doesn't cut off the circulation to my leg if I have it on for too long, but it can slip around a lot.

Also, the Beretta, which the USAF uses in the show, isn't a very heavy gun so it's okay to carry around for long periods of time. I would imagine that the ones they use on the show aren't even loaded with any kind of blank round (unless required for a scene) to make them even lighter to carry. When I have a gun in the holster, I usually have something heavier like a HiCapa which can drag a bit, but since I'm not allowed to carry a loaded weapon anywhere except enclosed areas for conventions (though when I say 'loaded' I mean with plastic pellets or gas - not bullets!) then it's not as bad as if it was loaded completely.

The holsters on the show will most likely be fitted especially for the actor before filming to make them most comfortable. The holster I use at cons isn't actually mine, it belongs to a male friend of mine (who is a bit larger than me!) so I have to adjust it at points throughout the day until I find the best position for it.
                    I would think they dont have much for pellets because in the commentary for the episode Runner they were talking about having little (and I cant remember what they called them) bombs or something going off over Rodney when Ford was shooting at him. Something about the timing of them going off. So I wonder if they are really shooting anything from the weapon itself.

Not sure about Queen, but I wasnt actually referring to the holster in my comment!! It was more along the lines of gutter-thinking!
                    sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
                      how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood? (good Lord...that's almost as hard typing as saying )
                      I love that line

*hugs Row* hope everything's ok.
                      Mh, me too. Doctors marathon is about to begin *sighs Anyway, better everything is cleared than insecurities that make me insane.

Row, you are not alone, I am as impatient as one can get, if something doesn't work the first time, the hell with it
                      I'm more of a "WHY THE HELL ISN'T THAT WORKING? I ALREADY TRIED A MILLION TIMES!"-type of impatient person
                      I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                      I will never accept defeat.
                      I will never quit.
                      I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                      ------
                      "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

don't most cons have a 'no weapons of anykind' policy or is it only specific ones?

I wore a thigh holster the one time I dressed up for a con and it was really uncomfortable! the dang thing kept sliding down and I was glad to take it off at the end of the day.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Sorry ff I was going to write a coherent reply but then you said ^^ that bit and my mind wandered... even my msn status message says I'm "adjusting Major Lorne's thigh holster"

sigpic

Comment

I would think they dont have much for pellets because in the commentary for the episode Runner they were talking about having little (and I cant remember what they called them) bombs or something going off over Rodney when Ford was shooting at him. Something about the timing of them going off. So I wonder if they are really shooting anything from the weapon itself.
                            I think you're talking about "squibs". (I think that's what they're called). They're like little charges that the props guy triggers at certain points during the scene on cue. But something definately fires from the guns (most certainly blanks) because you can see shell casings being ejected.

Also, Chuck Campbell told us at the con that they cost $2 a 'bullet'. Most directors ask the actors to go light on the firing to keep costs down, but apparently Joe Flanigan is rather trigger happy and uses loads!
                            Also, Andy Mikita likes to go heavy on the firing lol.

Not sure about Queen, but I wasnt actually referring to the holster in my comment!! It was more along the lines of gutter-thinking!
                            Oh.

Comment

Sorry ff I was going to write a coherent reply but then you said ^^ that bit and my mind wandered... even my msn status message... "adjusting Major Lorne's thigh holster"
                              Mind if I snurch that for another forum of mine?
                              I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                              I will never accept defeat.
                              I will never quit.
                              I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                              ------
                              "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

I think you're talking about "squibs". (I think that's what they're called). They're like little charges that the props guy triggers at certain points during the scene on cue. But something definately fires from the guns (most certainly blanks) because you can see shell casings being ejected.

Also, Chuck Campbell told us at the con that they cost $2 a 'bullet'. Most directors ask the actors to go light on the firing to keep costs down, but apparently Joe Flanigan is rather trigger happy and uses loads!
                                Also, Andy Mikita likes to go heavy on the firing lol.

Oh.
                                'Squibs' that sounds familiar. I think Richard Dean Anderson was a little trigger happy in SG1, too.

Oh.
                                sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X