Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
    Yep, politics ....... not my favorite topic !! The trip I'm taking the only other option is the ferry across the lake - and that will take twice as long as driving thru the mass of city... Part of the problem is the rail system here is not up to near what it is in Europe....
    I know But it's not like that couldn't be changed, you know. Yes, I'm one of those annoying people who think that if no one else is gonna change it, they have to do it themselves (it's what got me into politics in the first place actually)
    I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
    I will never accept defeat.
    I will never quit.
    I will never leave a fallen comrade.
    ------
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
      I know But it's not like that couldn't be changed, you know. Yes, I'm one of those annoying people who think that if no one else is gonna change it, they have to do it themselves (it's what got me into politics in the first place actually)
      Just one question - how and with what do you propose we make what would entail a wholesale change? You dont have to actually answer that . Since this is an extremely way-off-topic for this thread.
      sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

I found them - after looking closer!

Here's your pic with the logo removed --
        http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...get111_159.jpg
        Cool, thanks! How did you do that?

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
        Most of all flying short distances is anything but eco-friendly (and also won't take that much less time than going by train, considering you have to get to the airport, be an hour early (at least), get from the airport into the city (Munich airport is about an hour away from the city)...). The carbon footprint you leave with that is insanely big. Sorry for being the resident tree-hugger but global warming is an issue I find important
        OT @Row
        Spoiler:

I know, but I was tempted nonetheless. This is very important for me, plus it's the very first time I have to do something like this. I could use every hour of sleep I could spare by flying instead of taking the train... I'm a nervous wreck as it is, and I have enough experience what it's like to travel with German Railways to know that you have to add at least 2 hours as a "buffer" because you never know whether the train will arrive in time or if you'll even arrive where you're going and that changing trains in the middle is a no-go for this sort of thing because you almost always miss the second (third, fourth...) one! I understand your point, but if flying were a little cheaper, I would have done it in this case. I had to go 1000kms by train every other weekend for about 6 months... I hate trains!

And before you yell at me (I know you wouldn't)... I don't own a car and go everywhere I can by bike or simply walk. I understand how important it is to take good care of our planet.

Comment

Originally posted by immertreu View Post
          Cool, thanks! How did you do that?
          Photoshop Elements 6 - spot healiing brush tool
          sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Photoshop Elements 6 - spot healiing brush tool
            Thank you!

He is not amused...

Comment

Well, as promised, here we are: my seven pics from Human Target. Plus, they have no logos or anything on them! I resized and revamped them as much as I could so they'd look pretty good. I hope they don't look weird or anything. They look all right on my monitor, but the quality is a bit low...

(Yes, believe it or not, those last two are different...)

And my personal favorite...

If you want to take them, they're 'snurchable', as they say.
              sigpic
              ~the guitarists~

Comment

Oh yum............ new playthings!
                sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Oh yum............ new playthings!
                  I've made some icons too, but I think I'll wait a bit before posting them. To make sure they look as good as possible, of course
                  sigpic
                  ~the guitarists~

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Ohhh, icons! Can't wait to see them.

From 4400, Deleted Scenes

Comment

Oohhhhh very yummy
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c_PI View Post
                        (Yes, believe it or not, those last two are different...)
                        Oye. Uhm...so....I *totally* see the differences in those. Which makes me realize how much time I'm spending staring at caps. Which then reminds me I have a 160 new Sanctuary caps (From Edward) but I think I'm going to go finish my book. Will bring caps by later
                        Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
                          Well it was the channel. I made the rare decision to tape it in HD (we have both HD & SD channels) and it screwed up (Pixilated and waves the whole 9 yards really) majorly.
                          Never fails doesn’t it? *shakes head*

OT to Cath:

Spoiler:
                          Have you seen that the Smoke series (Tanya Huff's second books w/ Henry Fitzroy for those who don't know) is being turned into a series? It's just in pre-pre-production, but I'm not sure how I feel.
                          Spoiler:
                          Is that what’s going on? I saw a lot of fans asking Kyle the other day about if he was going to reprise his role as Henry since they were bringing Blood Ties back and I thought ‘I don’t think TPTB would suddenly bring the show back…’ Hmmm I’m not sure how I feel either. Though I would love to see more Kyle

And oooh to Teal'c and Immertreu at the caps!

And here's a little spam we haven't seen in awhile...

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham View Post
                            Never fails doesn’t it? *shakes head*
                            Nope never seems to fail. I mean it does know who it was messing with right?

Spoiler:
                            Is that what’s going on? I saw a lot of fans asking Kyle the other day about if he was going to reprise his role as Henry since they were bringing Blood Ties back and I thought ‘I don’t think TPTB would suddenly bring the show back…’ Hmmm I’m not sure how I feel either. Though I would love to see more Kyle
                            Spoiler:
                            Yeah, I saw that Tanya had tweeted something about it and looked at the press release. It briefly mentioned that we'd see Henry Fitzroy again (hence the questions) but it was NEVER billed as Blood Ties returning. No, I'm certain we can count that as one show that is well and truly dead.
                            Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                            sigpic

Comment

tasty spam i might add
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Yeah, I saw that Tanya had tweeted something about it and looked at the press release. It briefly mentioned that we'd see Henry Fitzroy again (hence the questions) but it was NEVER billed as Blood Ties returning. No, I'm certain we can count that as one show that is well and truly dead.
                                Spoiler:
                                See that’s what I get for listening to fans – half the time the stories they’re spreading are totally made up. And even if Blood Ties won’t return I will console myself with my DVDs and poster.

And with the silence here today I’m doing a shower!spam because I’m dying to take one but I had to wait three days after getting my hair straightened last Thursday…

Comment

Working...
                                X