Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
    We had our heat last week and the week I was at the races. It's probably 25-30 degrees colder this week than it was then... supposed to warm back up by the weekend - as long as it stays dry!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...itanic/t18.jpg

I know what you mean about the spoiler button. I'm thinking I'll take the time to download this weekend or next week (I'm off next week) and listen so I wont mistakenly peek!
    We are supposed to be having a heat wave but with showers here and there.
    Its sad but so long as my washing all gets dry before it rains i dontmind but im hot and sticky and its yuck.

Thinking about it its a good thing that I cant listen to it. Don't think I could cope.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
      Okay, so I did REALLY well NOT viewing the spoilered stuff. *pats self on back!* kethry --- how long does it take to listen to the whole thing (once!)?

OT-movie

Spoiler:
      "Public Enemies" with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale opens today!!! Probably wont get to see it for a while or even on dvd. Not a huge fan of 'round the block' lines.

I'm off to work....... have a good day my friends.
      I wonder how long that resolve will last.

I didn't time it, was too busy with ...ahem ...something else. But at a guess, I'd say about an hour, including the interview at the end.

Go dl it, SF, it's so worth it. *sighs* Now why couldn't JM have come up with something like that? The man has no creativity at all. *pouts* I wanna see it on screen. *wails*
      sigpic
      I'm a 60%er. - Kethry's fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by lunnybunny View Post
        I hovered over the spoiler button. It was too tempting but i didnt give in and i will not give in. I may go hide with Shep for a while need to be distracted. (should work on my fic but cant mind is smush from the heat)
        You all knew I wouldn't be able not to talk about it, didn't you? But I promise to spoiler everything. *sighs*

Have I mentioned that I love it?

So it's hot out there as well? I so do NOT do heat and humidity like this. It's just too much. I do have the wash outside, though. Hope it'll dry quickly.

Hanging it was such an ordeal already. And with no a/c - the rooms are hot and my bedroom is under the roof - not nice.

I want my typical German summer back - 21 to 24°, rainy and an occasinal hot day - once every month is fine with me.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lunnybunny View Post
          We are supposed to be having a heat wave but with showers here and there.
          Its sad but so long as my washing all gets dry before it rains i dontmind but im hot and sticky and its yuck.

Thinking about it its a good thing that I cant listen to it. Don't think I could cope.
          Hmmm... *nods* Yeah good thing. In a good way. But - well - not for the weak of heart.

*drools a little*

I think I'll lie on the sofa and listen to it again...expect me back in about an hour. *waves*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
            You all knew I wouldn't be able not to talk about it, didn't you? But I promise to spoiler everything. *sighs*

Have I mentioned that I love it?

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...lers0456-1.jpg

So it's hot out there as well? I so do NOT do heat and humidity like this. It's just too much. I do have the wash outside, though. Hope it'll dry quickly.

Hanging it was such an ordeal already. And with no a/c - the rooms are hot and my bedroom is under the roof - not nice.

I want my typical German summer back - 21 to 24°, rainy and an occasinal hot day - once every month is fine with me.
            i
            think you may have mentioned it yes

I dont even wanna know how hot it is today. Yesterday evening it was still about 16/17 for us which was hell to put the kids to bed in but cest la vie.

Im watching the windows like a hawk cos we are having major spider issues with having the windows open so much.

Hmmm... *nods* Yeah good thing. In a good way. But - well - not for the weak of heart.

*drools a little*

I think I'll lie on the sofa and listen to it again...expect me back in about an hour. *waves*
            Have fun

Im very jealous

May listen to it on Friday night.
            Thats my night off from the kids
            sigpic

Comment

Made a new banner, btw .. I'm not quite happy with it yet, but - for the moment - this is it:

I'll work with it a bit more once the heat let's me think again - and I have got rid of the urge to do something about that audiobook - banner wise I mean.
              sigpic

Comment

Shows again how different people's views are... Still spoilers for Impressions ... keep off!!!!

Spoiler:
                Okay.... please remember, people, I never said who SHE was, just in case someone can't curb their curiosity. Which would never happen here, of course.

And on your comment, Row:

I can see it much better than the Lorne /Cadman ship, for example. And being his psychiatrist is no problem. IMO. I have much more of a problem with him and Cadman ... he's her superior and that is much, much more of a hurdle - next to impossible, in my book. Lorne would NEVER go there. But Kate - yeah, I can see that.

Come on - Row, admit it, you're just p-oed because it would so sink your ship of favour.
                Still spoilery for impressions

Spoiler:
                No, I'm not (that's why I've included a few other examples ). And the point in this case is that maybe he could go there... but Heightmeyer shouldn't, and she should know that. IMHO it's much more unprofessional for a psychiatrist to fall in love with a patient (and be obviously so affected by it that she has to be pulled off the case because her co-workers start questioning her objectivity) than for a superior to fall in love with a subordinate (which is a problem all in itself and I always keep that in mind when writing Lorne/Cadman, just for the record).

The relationship between psychiatrist and patient is even more difficult than between superior and subordinate (IMHO) because you're walking an even finer line there. I think... in a way, a psychiatrist can wreak even more havoc on the life of his/her patient than a superior can wreak havoc on the life of his/her subordinate because he/she has the power to seriously screw around with your head and your heart.

I just hate it that they made Heightmeyer look so darn unprofessional and unable to do her job and that's why the way they wrote it in "Impressions" icks me out (maybe, if put into a totally different setting I wouldn't be bothered that much by it). Like I said, I liked it very much that he called her a "comrade in arms" (poor Kate never got really that much of appreciation by the writers) but they darn well should have let out the frigging "She's got the hots for you."-part. That just... it made her look... ARGH! (oh hey, it turned from a "Heightmeyer/Lorne sucks!"-rant into a "Why can't they make Kate look good just ONCE?"- rant...)

Just proves the point that professionally writing Stargate sucks everyone of their powers to write romance (or maybe not being able to write romance predestines you to write Stargate professionally)

Made a new banner, btw .. I'm not quite happy with it yet, but - for the moment - this is it:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...is/4400-02.png

I'll work with it a bit more once the heat let's me think again - and I have got rid of the urge to do something about that audiobook - banner wise I mean.
                But... it's a great banner. Why would you be unhappy about it?
                I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                I will never accept defeat.
                I will never quit.
                I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                ------
                "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

sigpic

Comment

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Oh my, oh my, oh my, oh my, oh my, oh my, oh my, oh my, .......

*sighs*

I'm sitting here with a silly grin on my face. I listened to it ...*cough, cough* again.

I REALLY love it.

Okay...spoilers for Impressions, so if you don't want to know, stay clear, please. Consider yourself properly warned:

Spoiler:
                      Did anyone else see this in the confrontation scene or was I the only one?

I just love Kavan. He did such a great job. I wish they'll give him another opportunity to do one. *fingers crossed*
                      Oh yes it was lovely wasn't it?

Spoilers for Impressions/Doppleganger:
                      Spoiler:
                      Yes I SO saw that scene and it put it in a WHOLE new light for me. I had always wondered why Sheppard was so blase about Lorne pointing a gun at him in DG, but I guess this would offer an answer for that now wouldn't it?

I wish it had been an actual episode. I'd be capping like mad by now. So many nice ...ahem... views? Is that the word I want?

*blinks innocently*
                      Oh yes I was mentally capping each and every teeny tiny detail about it.

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                      Impressions:

Spoiler:
                      Actually... that's the one scene I hated. Seriously, Heightmeyer/Lorne as a ship icks me out. I've got no problem with Carter/Lorne, Weir/Lorne, Teyla/Lorne... heck, even Novack/Lorne sounds kinda cute. But NOT Heightmeyer/Lorne. Guess it's the whole "She's his darn PSYCHIATRIST, for Heaven's sake! Ethics, people, ethics!"-thing. I did like it that he called her "a comrade in arms" and I'm fine with friends and with co-workers, but a ship? No. Just plain... no.

Okay, rant over.
                      IMPRESSIONS SPOILERS

Spoiler:
                      The Commrade in arms thing WAS nice.

as for ANYONES issues over it(the Lorne/Heightmeyer implied ship-

can we all just agree to disagree because some of us aren't going to feel the same as others? Please?
                      Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
                        http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c216/ecbartlett/sga/mortalcoil0502.jpg
                        How young does he look in that pic?
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok I gave in and downloaded it lol

Having a break for i listen
                          sigpic

Comment

Shows again how different people's views are... Still spoilers for Impressions ... keep off!!!!

Spoiler:
                            Okay.... please remember, people, I never said who SHE was, just in case someone can't curb their curiosity. Which would never happen here, of course.

And on your comment, Row:

I can see it much better than the Lorne /Cadman ship, for example. And being his psychiatrist is no problem. IMO. I have much more of a problem with him and Cadman ... he's her superior and that is much, much more of a hurdle - next to impossible, in my book. Lorne would NEVER go there. But Kate - yeah, I can see that.

Come on - Row, admit it, you're just p-oed because it would so sink your ship of favour.
                            Spoiler:
                            So in impressions is Lorne with Heightmeyer? or is it just hinted?

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...is/4400-02.png

Its very nice Kethry

Banner Made By: Fainne | I'm a 60%er | My Youtube

Comment

I have gone all goosebumpy
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lyconia View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                So in impressions is Lorne with Heightmeyer? or is it just hinted?
                                Meh, keep off this spoiler tag, it's still Impressions...

Spoiler:
                                Hinted at. And in all honesty... I'm not even sure if it's really shippy or if he just asked that particular question because he found Dr. Whatshisname (the shrink) to be pretty much unprofessional (he was... they're not in 4th grade, for heaven's sake) and wanted to voice his disapproval (which doesn't necessarily have to be because "he's got the hots for her"... yes, I do find this piece of dialogue to be a very nice example of crappy sloppy writing...).
                                I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                                I will never accept defeat.
                                I will never quit.
                                I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                                ------
                                "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Working...
                                X